SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (part 4)

May 7, 2021 at 7:48 p.m.
Edited May 7, 2021 at 7:56 p.m.
Quoting: Saskleaf
It blows my mind how Wilson gets a fine, and then they hand out 3 suspensions (Gost, Buch, and MacEwan)

Well, I mean, just cause they f*cked up, doesn't mean they should stop doing their job. Ghost and Buch both deserved suspensions, but I'm baffled how anything more than a fine is justifiable for MacEwan here.

Edit: Full disclosure, the video I first watched confused me - having watched other videos/angles I understand it a little more. Still think a fine would've been sufficient, but meh.
Saskleaf liked this.
May 7, 2021 at 9:00 p.m.
For those Dallas fans who were asking why we started Vasy all year..... This is why. Tampa is a totally different team infront of him.
May 7, 2021 at 9:44 p.m.
What in tarnation
We're still alive.
May 7, 2021 at 9:46 p.m.
Watching Anaheim Ducks vs Minnesota Wild and it's soon sloppy, not sure what's wrong but no one can get possession.
May 7, 2021 at 9:52 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: Rangsey
For those Dallas fans who were asking why we started Vasy all year..... This is why. Tampa is a totally different team infront of him.

When I insulted him when he won the Vezina over Bishop in the 18-19 season he really took it personally, he’s been on a terror. Also Mac just sucks. Vasy is just a monster overall, but don’t complain because it’s our first game vs Mac all year round plus your record against us is 6-2 so there’s nothing to complain about.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 7, 2021 at 9:53 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: justaBoss
We're still alive.

I didn’t even watch the game, I was too caught up in training. Relived that we won though.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 7, 2021 at 9:58 p.m.
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
I didn’t even watch the game, I was too caught up in training. Relived that we won though.

Training?
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
May 7, 2021 at 9:58 p.m.
When I insulted him when he won the Vezina over Bishop in the 18-19 season he really took it personally, he’s been on a terror. Also Mac just sucks. Vasy is just a monster overall, but don’t complain because it’s our first game vs Mac all year round plus your record against us is 6-2 so there’s nothing to complain about.

Oh I'm not complain. Merely stating that not only is Vasy much better than Mac, the amount of confidence the bolts play with when Vasy is in net is so very noticeable.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
May 7, 2021 at 10:00 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Training?

I’m training all summer long, I’m trying to make a hockey team next year. If I want to make it I got to train hard.
MitchMarner_16, TheFlamingC, Saskleaf and 2 others liked this.
May 7, 2021 at 10:08 p.m.
Jinx god
Out of every forward on our team, only Faksa and Dickinson had more ice-time than Blake Comeau. Yes players like Pavelski, Robertson, Hintz, Benn, Seguin, Gurianov and Kiviranta had less ice-time than Blake Frigging Comeau. Can you guys sign my petition to fire Bowness, please.
MitchMarner_16 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
May 7, 2021 at 10:09 p.m.
I’m training all summer long, I’m trying to make a hockey team next year. If I want to make it I got to train hard.

How old r u? Like donu have to worry alot about eating as well?
May 7, 2021 at 10:14 p.m.
Watching Anaheim Ducks vs Minnesota Wild and it's soon sloppy, not sure what's wrong but no one can get possession.

It's a trap game for MN. Ugly to watch.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 7, 2021 at 10:14 p.m.
Quoting: wabit
It's a trap game for MN. Ugly to watch.

Set up by ANA? Cause they seem to be destroying MIN
May 7, 2021 at 10:16 p.m.
Replies: 937
Views: 9,638
Replies: 1,247
Views: 14,105
Replies: 1,133
Views: 11,139
Replies: 1,020
Views: 9,041

Not bad
May 7, 2021 at 10:19 p.m.
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2379695
May 7, 2021 at 10:21 p.m.
Jinx god
Edited May 7, 2021 at 10:34 p.m.
How old r u? Like donu have to worry alot about eating as well?

I’m in high school trying to make the high school team next year. Having a good diet can help, but I really don’t know too much about eating and that stuff, if you have any advice with that stuff I won’t complain. I’m trying to get up to 155-160 pounds, right now I’m at 150 pounds. I always ate healthy and usually never worried about that sort of stuff, I still don’t have a problem with it. As long as I eat for what I spend in energy I think I’m fine, obviously when I say eat, I mean healthy food.
May 7, 2021 at 10:23 p.m.

High emotion games the last 5 for MN against STL and Vegas. Hard to get up for a game against a bottom feeder after those games. MN trying to be cute, not the forecheck and grind team they are.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 7, 2021 at 10:37 p.m.

I was rooting for OT, just to watch Kaprizov 3v3.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 7, 2021 at 11:34 p.m.
I’m in high school trying to make the high school team next year. Having a good diet can help, but I really don’t know too much about eating and that stuff, if you have any advice with that stuff I won’t complain. I’m trying to get up to 155-160 pounds, right now I’m at 150 pounds. I always ate healthy and usually never worried about that sort of stuff, I still don’t have a problem with it. As long as I eat for what I spend in energy I think I’m fine, obviously when I say eat, I mean healthy food.

Yea your gonna be fine with that, if you where 27 then you would want to eat crucial foods etc. I mean I'd defiently try and eat protein after working out and defiently work on your endurance, flexibility, and key muscle strength
May 7, 2021 at 11:44 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Edited May 7, 2021 at 11:52 p.m.

Don’t worry about size and frame too much, but focus abilities and “muscles”. For example (I’m no expert but I do have a degree in fitness and anatomy) if you’re like for example 5’8 and 155 you definitely don’t need to worry about weight “for now” but should focus on your musculoskeletal areas. Like you could definitely muscle up not bulk up. Focus on core, hip, and length strength/ endurance as those are huge for hockey. Hip workouts can be boring but stretching and strengthening your hip while young will honestly be something you’ll never regret; as I regret not doing so and it definitely is felt and I’m still young twenties. Core workouts and lower back strength would be beneficial as well. If you’re worried about diet I’d say the primary thing would be do not stress or make it a job. That will burn you out. Honestly even finding a athletic diet on a site you like and then trying to match it is best, don’t worry about supplements really but worry about finding a way to enjoy your diet structure. Plus being in hockey; carbs are important and lots of diets “say **** carbs” but hockey you burn so many cals, so carbs definitely will help. Plus learning to try and eat clean carbs will help a lot (it’s expensive sometimes to buy clean grains so I wouldn’t tell someone to if family money is tight or what not). Lean red meat or chicken and fish are great proteins. There’s always different foods or alternatives to try so don’t stress about cal or macro counting but finding a way to enjoy it.

Good luck man, hope you reach your goals!
EsoYeezus69, justaBoss, MitchMarner_16 and 2 others liked this.
May 8, 2021 at 12:04 a.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: yikes
Don’t worry about size and frame, worry about your size and frame and abilities. For example (I’m no expert but I do have a degree in fitness and anatomy) if you’re like for example 5’8 and 155 you definitely don’t need to worry about weight “for now” but should focus on your musculoskeletal areas. Like you could definitely muscle up not bulk up. Focus on core, hip, and length strength/ endurance as those are huge for hockey. Hip workouts can be boring but stretching and strengthening your hip while young will honestly be something you’ll never regret; as I regret not doing so and it definitely is felt and I’m still young twenties. Core workouts and lower back strength would be beneficial as well. If you’re worried about diet I’d say the primary thing would be do not stress or make it a job. That will burn you out. Honestly even finding a athletic diet on a site you like and then trying to match it is best, don’t worry about supplements really but worry about finding a way to enjoy your diet structure. Good luck man, hope you reach your goals!

You pretty much predicted my size, I’m 5 foot 9 and a half and 150 pounds. I’m not worried about my diet it always has been great. The thing I’m more worried about is my flexibility, I’ve never been flexible at all and it could help me prevent injuries, which I’ve already have had in the past. A year ago I tore a couple of ligaments in my hip area trying to hit a guy, but he jumped out of the way like a little p*ssy, in causing that I was going full speed (my biggest strength in hockey without a doubt), and my hip got stuck in him and I went flying (coincidentally I scored the game winner that night after I got injured). I kind of neglected the injury because I played the next day, 12 hours after the last game, and then played in both the semifinals and the finals. My hip is fine to this day, but sometimes it gets way too tight and it causes minor problems (only happened like once since, like in February this year). In my training I do a lot of different things, back workouts, arm workouts, cardio workouts, leg workouts, chest workouts and ab workouts. I have my way of things, I improved my strength by helping my grandfather collect 100 cords of wood this year, I practice Boxing to help cardio (do a 20 minute boxing workout full energy you’ll be gassed at the end of it) and to work my positioning. I skate really fast, but I want to become faster so I do long runs and sprints, after that I do the usual ****thenics like push ups and that kind of stuff to help all around. I’m trying to keep this up with my school work (I have a 95.57 average so I’m good there).
yikes and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 8, 2021 at 12:06 a.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: yikes
Don’t worry about size and frame too much, but focus abilities and “muscles”. For example (I’m no expert but I do have a degree in fitness and anatomy) if you’re like for example 5’8 and 155 you definitely don’t need to worry about weight “for now” but should focus on your musculoskeletal areas. Like you could definitely muscle up not bulk up. Focus on core, hip, and length strength/ endurance as those are huge for hockey. Hip workouts can be boring but stretching and strengthening your hip while young will honestly be something you’ll never regret; as I regret not doing so and it definitely is felt and I’m still young twenties. Core workouts and lower back strength would be beneficial as well. If you’re worried about diet I’d say the primary thing would be do not stress or make it a job. That will burn you out. Honestly even finding a athletic diet on a site you like and then trying to match it is best, don’t worry about supplements really but worry about finding a way to enjoy your diet structure. Plus being in hockey; carbs are important and lots of diets “say **** carbs” but hockey you burn so many cals, so carbs definitely will help. Plus learning to try and eat clean carbs will help a lot (it’s expensive sometimes to buy clean grains so I wouldn’t tell someone to if family money is tight or what not). Lean red meat or chicken and fish are great proteins. There’s always different foods or alternatives to try so don’t stress about cal or macro counting but finding a way to enjoy it.

Good luck man, hope you reach your goals!

Also I live in AST, so it’s like 1am right now. I’m going to sleep.
yikes liked this.
May 8, 2021 at 2:25 a.m.
You pretty much predicted my size, I’m 5 foot 9 and a half and 150 pounds. I’m not worried about my diet it always has been great. The thing I’m more worried about is my flexibility, I’ve never been flexible at all and it could help me prevent injuries, which I’ve already have had in the past. A year ago I tore a couple of ligaments in my hip area trying to hit a guy, but he jumped out of the way like a little p*ssy, in causing that I was going full speed (my biggest strength in hockey without a doubt), and my hip got stuck in him and I went flying (coincidentally I scored the game winner that night after I got injured). I kind of neglected the injury because I played the next day, 12 hours after the last game, and then played in both the semifinals and the finals. My hip is fine to this day, but sometimes it gets way too tight and it causes minor problems (only happened like once since, like in February this year). In my training I do a lot of different things, back workouts, arm workouts, cardio workouts, leg workouts, chest workouts and ab workouts. I have my way of things, I improved my strength by helping my grandfather collect 100 cords of wood this year, I practice Boxing to help cardio (do a 20 minute boxing workout full energy you’ll be gassed at the end of it) and to work my positioning. I skate really fast, but I want to become faster so I do long runs and sprints, after that I do the usual ****thenics like push ups and that kind of stuff to help all around. I’m trying to keep this up with my school work (I have a 95.57 average so I’m good there).

Jesus f*ck

Is that average including PE and options? That’s insane. And with online school as well.

Where are you that in your hockey career, like what team are you trying to make next year, AA, AAA? Hope you do well, sounds like you got the drive
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
May 8, 2021 at 2:40 a.m.
Go leafs go

Collect 100 chords of wood? That sounds like what I'll doing sometime this summer as well lol.
MitchMarner_16 liked this.
May 8, 2021 at 8:08 a.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Jesus f*ck

Is that average including PE and options? That’s insane. And with online school as well.

Where are you that in your hockey career, like what team are you trying to make next year, AA, AAA? Hope you do well, sounds like you got the drive

That is my total average in everything, my brother is two years older than me and he has a 98.94 average. He’s really focused on his school work, I’m more or less interested in different stuff like sports and that stuff.

I played A hockey two years ago, this year I played AA hockey in a pretty much f*cked up season. We were 9-0-1 at the start of the season after that we went into lockdown for one month and a half, we only played exhibitions after that. Our biggest game this season was when we almost beat a AAA team who was ranked 3rd, I think. They were up 2-1, when I ripped a shot of the glass onto my teammate and into the net, I was so happy, it was 2-2, but at the 1 minute mark left of the game the puck was in between our goalie and the other player, he tried to poke it, but he couldn’t (he played an incredible game so I don’t blame him). Final score was 3-2. Next year I’m trying to make the high school team next year, hopefully I’ll make it!
MitchMarner_16 and TheFlamingC liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll