SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 Playoffs Discussion Thread

Jun. 10, 2021 at 7:08 p.m.
Quoting: Dzinger18
Score Prediction:
Vegas 5-3 (Even though I want COL to win)

I want Colorado to win since they are my 3rd favorite team but i also want Vegas to win since i feel we have a better chance against Vegas then Colorado
Zinger, EsoYeezus69, CoopsTroops and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 7:10 p.m.
Canes fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I want Colorado to win since they are my 3rd favorite team but i also want Vegas to win since i feel we have a better chance against Vegas then Colorado

Very true. I just generally don't like Vegas because they didn't have to suffer straight out of expansion. I also don't like them because they took one of our best traditions -- the siren sounder huff
Jun. 10, 2021 at 7:32 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I hope Avs win tonight

Same solely because it means Habs (and most importantly) Petry get another days rest
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 8:44 p.m.
Quoting: Saskleaf
Saros has been great, don't get me wrong, but he's not Vesina Calibre yet and most certainly is not Hart calibre.

I disagree. Nashville is a bottom 10 team without him and with him they damn near won a playoff series. Definition of an MVP
A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69 and yikes liked this.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 9:13 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Wow, that was quick

Avs aren't messing around today
Jun. 10, 2021 at 9:16 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Uh oooh
Last Shot Wins?!!
haha
5-Of-The-Best-Adam-Sandler-Movies-Happy-Gilmore.png
Saskleaf liked this.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 9:16 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Devil1122
Wow, that was quick

Avs aren't messing around today

And Vegas just answered back. This game is going to be fun
Jun. 10, 2021 at 9:27 p.m.
What in tarnation
Having a loud audience is something you just can't appreciate until you lose them.

That atmosphere in this game is giving me the chills. Completely next level from last year's bubble.
Rangsey, rangersandislesfan, yikes and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 9:27 p.m.
Isles7
Most playoff points among forwards:
1. Kucherov - 18
2. Pastrnak- 15
3. MacKinnon - 14
4. Pageau- 13
5. Point - 12
yikes and Devil liked this.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 9:38 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: yikes
Everyone complaining about Tampa being over the cap by nearly 20 mil (which they aren’t that’s including Gaborik and whoever else that’s literally not even nhl players). But I mean really they’re just Kucherov (give or take over) which many other teams are over the cap by a player or two.

Vegas played handful of games with less than 18 skaters (didn’t they play like 15 guys?) and still at the cap. I mean I’d still say that suspect even tho it’s allowed by the league (cause they’re getting by till playoffs with bare bones till they’re allowed playing over the cap). Like most teams have weasled some excess cap in some way, and Tampa’s just doing it better.

I mean people can complain but lets be real Tampa next year is in true cap hell. This is pretty much their last chance to be a truly dominate team and have an incredibly high chance to win the cup.

Even if they move Johnsson to Seattle they still got to move one or two of Palat, Gourde, Killorn. And that will hurt them as all those guys are key pieces and they really dont got anyone who can replace them rn.
BuFfaLOFaN and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 9:41 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: aadoyle
I mean people can complain but lets be real Tampa next year is in true cap hell. This is pretty much their last chance to be a truly dominate team and have an incredibly high chance to win the cup.

Even if they move Johnsson to Seattle they still got to move one or two of Palat, Gourde, Killorn. And that will hurt them as all those guys are key pieces and they really dont got anyone who can replace them rn.

Have this gut feeling that TB will offer a huge package to Seattle. Something like McDonagh+Johnson+Alnefelt+1st+2nd. This happens for two reasons
1) they need to create cap space big time, and SEA has the space to take assets in
2) expansion draft is virtually the only way they can move assets with full NTC, as no player realistically has desire to leave that team

That being said, there's a chance that TB will do the things they did last year again by slotting Hedman on LTIR after this year, because it's a known fact he's playing injured.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 9:42 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I missed the first 12 minutes or so ... can someone please update me? Thanks.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 9:48 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: justaBoss
Have this gut feeling that TB will offer a huge package to Seattle. Something like McDonagh+Johnson+Alnefelt+1st+2nd. This happens for two reasons
1) they need to create cap space big time, and SEA has the space to take assets in
2) expansion draft is virtually the only way they can move assets with full NTC, as no player realistically has desire to leave that team

That being said, there's a chance that TB will do the things they did last year again by slotting Hedman on LTIR after this year, because it's a known fact he's playing injured.

maybe but Mcdonagh is just expensive and that contract is till hes 36 and for what he brings to the table there are cheaper alternatives. I have a feeling Killorn will be going to Seattle with Johnsson to make the deal work
Jun. 10, 2021 at 9:51 p.m.
maybe but Mcdonagh is just expensive and that contract is till hes 36 and for what he brings to the table there are cheaper alternatives. I have a feeling Killorn will be going to Seattle with Johnsson to make the deal work

I think they hang onto Killorn way longer than they should and it becomes a problem.
Just curious, what are your cheaper alternatives alternatives for McDunno. He'd be top pairing on a slew of team that don't have Hedman.
yikes and CoopsTroops liked this.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 9:53 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

You mean with Kucherov?
Jun. 10, 2021 at 9:55 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
You mean with Kucherov?

Yep
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 9:56 p.m.
What in tarnation

McDonagh is a bit expensive yes, but he's solid, and would most likely become the captain of Seattle for years to come.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 9:56 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Rangsey
I think they hang onto Killorn way longer than they should and it becomes a problem.
Just curious, what are your cheaper alternatives alternatives for McDunno. He'd be top pairing on a slew of team that don't have Hedman.

Graves, Ekholm, Edmunson, Skeji, Dillon
Jun. 10, 2021 at 9:59 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
McDonagh is a bit expensive yes, but he's solid, and would most likely become the captain of Seattle for years to come.

maybe, we will have to wait and see

I have Seattles captain being JVR
Jun. 10, 2021 at 10:13 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
WOW, Rantanen damn. That was a stellar d play by Landeskog followed by a move that oozed confidence by Rantanen
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 10:16 p.m.
Isles7

barre boulet is a stud and im sure they have another 7th rd draft pick marinating in the AHL that will score 25 G within the next few years
yikes and rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 10:18 p.m.
Graves, Ekholm, Edmunson, Skeji, Dillon

Intangibles aside

Graves you'd take.
Ekholm is probably gonna be protected.
Edmundson, wouldn't you take Evans for upside? I'm not familiar enough with the Habs lineup to know if Edmundson would be protected after the season he's had.
Skeji good choice, but you also have Jake Bean would you could shelter.
Dillon would be protected would he not?

A left side of McDonagh Skeji and Graves would be pretty formidable.

You're not gonna get a pick for taking any of these guy like you could probably get from Tampa.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 10:19 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith

Tampa is gonna be JUST FINE

Quoting: Isles777
barre boulet is a stud and im sure they have another 7th rd draft pick marinating in the AHL that will score 25 G within the next few years

^this

Barre Boulet, Raddysh both look NHL ready. Their ceiling, well we’ll see but Barre Boulet looks like he could be a REALLY solid middle 6 winger/ Center and Raddysh is about the same (both have their own upsides).

Tampa dumps Johnson, probably McDonagh too somehow. Both seem very plausible. Tampa has unreal scouting and development as we’ve seen.

They’re gonna get out of it somehow someway and still be good and people are gonna be upset. Really it’s just a insanely well run machine.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 10:26 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: yikes
Tampa is gonna be JUST FINE

^this

Barre Boulet, Raddysh both look NHL ready. Their ceiling, well we’ll see but Barre Boulet looks like he could be a REALLY solid middle 6 winger/ Center and Raddysh is about the same (both have their own upsides).

Tampa dumps Johnson, probably McDonagh too somehow. Both seem very plausible. Tampa has unreal scouting and development as we’ve seen.

They’re gonna get out of it somehow someway and still be good and people are gonna be upset. Really it’s just a insanely well run machine.

they got good scouting but for development they have lost some key guys. Plus back then Yzerman was at the helm and while Julien BriseBois has done a good job he did make some mistakes that could be costly for them in the future. Verhaeghe for one is probs making management go

**** why did we let this guy go. 1mill cap hit next season and had 39 points.

Not saying they wont be fine but after this season I dont think they will be as dominate as in seasons past.
Jun. 10, 2021 at 10:30 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
they got good scouting but for development they have lost some key guys. Verhaeghe for one is probs making management go

**** why did we let this guy go. 1mill cap hit and 39 points.

Not saying they wont be fine but after this season I dont think they will be as dominate as in seasons past.

Yeah Verhaeghe leaving was questionable, I can’t remember if I was informed of some “reason” but as you said. Definitely a head scratcher.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll