Avs in 7
Tampa in 7
Winnipeg in 6

Winnipeg gets swept
May 30, 2021 at 4:09 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Value would be fair if marner was paid like 9.5m

For his contract yes, for the trade not even close.
May 30, 2021 at 4:11 p.m.
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
For his contract yes, for the trade not even close.

I'd do it, sadly I don't think Dmen are valued that high as forwards. Although Heiskanen is pretty legit, just hasn't had a great scoring year yet so I don't know if he is worth Heiskanen. Marner is bad in the playoffs though so that's a difference.
May 30, 2021 at 4:12 p.m.
Is a solid #1 goalie more valuable than a number 1C in the playoffs? Vasilevskiy (Binnington) vs Point (O'Reilly)...
May 30, 2021 at 4:13 p.m.
Jinx god
I'd do it, sadly I don't think Dmen are valued that high as forwards. Although Heiskanen is pretty legit, just hasn't had a great scoring year yet so I don't know if he is worth Heiskanen. Marner is bad in the playoffs though so that's a difference.

Heiskanen had more points last year in the playoffs than Marner had in the postseason ever, and he’s a defensemen. That’s pretty much all I’ve got to say. I could go on and on, but I don’t want to bored you.
BuFfaLOFaN and Brian2016 liked this.
May 30, 2021 at 4:17 p.m.
Heiskanen had more points last year in the playoffs than Marner had in the postseason ever, and he’s a defensemen. That’s pretty much all I’ve got to say. I could go on and on, but I don’t want to bored you.

Yea I agree, Heiskanen is what the 3rd best RD right now? -Makar, McAvoy Heiskanen?
EsoYeezus69 and Brian2016 liked this.
May 30, 2021 at 4:20 p.m.
torontos finest
I'm not angry or upset or worried about the Maple Leafs. I'm just disappointed.

I'm not a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs and I don't work for them in any capacity. I have absolutely no effect on how they play and what they do on or off the ice. Why should I be angry that a sports team that I have no control over didn't win a game? I couldn't have done anything and the absolute worst that will happen is some guy on a spreadsheet website will pull up a post from a week ago to make fun of me. Whatever.

This team can absolutely win tomorrow night, but it's much better to expect them to lose. And if they do lose, this will probably be the most disappointing loss out of them because the team doesn't have any excuses to hide behind. It will entirely be on whatever team wants to go out and play tomorrow night. And if (or when) they lose tomorrow, they absolutely will deserve every amount of ridicule and criticism. Because they shouldn't lose tomorrow, they shouldn't even be playing a game 7.

For what it's worth, I don't blame Dubas. I know that's might seem like a hot take Tuesday morning, but he has done absolutely everything in his power to make this team as effective as possible. I don't really blame Keefe either even though his challenge last night was pretty ill-advised. Matthews and Marner have to take the blame for losing if they do. They're over a point per game players in the season playing under point per game hockey in the playoffs. Marner has been especially atrocious and instead of proving people he's worth that 11 million contract, he sent the puck flying over the glass. On the penalty kill.

But you know what's really disappointing? They started playing when they went down 0-2 last night. And they tied it in what, five minutes? The same thing happened the game before. They were entirely capable of winning both nights without needing overtime. Galchenyuk and Dermott don't make mistakes if the game is already over. That's on the team needing to score.

I'm disappointed because I've seen this before. I seen it more than once. It's disappointing because I thought this team was different. It's disappointing because I thought this team had learned. They have 60 minutes on Monday to prove me wrong, but I don't expect much.

Sorry for a long-winded dramatic post, but I wanted to get this off my chest somewhere. Getting any more worked up over the blue tree leaf team isn't worth the time or the energy.
May 30, 2021 at 4:21 p.m.
Jinx god
Yea I agree, Heiskanen is what the 3rd best RD right now? -Makar, McAvoy Heiskanen?

This season Fox, Makar and McAvoy were all better, but this year was so hard on Heiskanen because of the Covid outbreak in Dallas, the snow storms and the tight schedule coming off an exhausting playoff run with half of their roster injured. I’d wait to see what happens next season before ranking him because he had a little down season this year. Bold take: If he was in Makar’s place he’d be considered as the best d-man in the league, Makar’s circumstances are way better than Heiskanen’s.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 30, 2021 at 4:25 p.m.
Jinx god
This season Fox, Makar and McAvoy were all better, but this year was so hard on Heiskanen because of the Covid outbreak in Dallas, the snow storms and the tight schedule coming off an exhausting playoff run with half of their roster injured. I’d wait to see what happens next season before ranking him because he had a little down season this year. Bold take: If he was in Makar’s place he’d be considered as the best d-man in the league, Makar’s circumstances are way better than Heiskanen’s.

The thing that makes him good is his skating and view of the ice. Really a shame that his development is ran by Bowness because if he had a proper coach he’d have 100 times more opportunities.
May 30, 2021 at 5:02 p.m.
Canes fan
LETS GO CANES!!! GET HYPED!!! START THE SERIES OFF HOT!!!
May 30, 2021 at 5:10 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Edited May 30, 2021 at 5:15 p.m.
Quoting: mondo

I'm not a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs and I don't work for them in any capacity. I have absolutely no effect on how they play and what they do on or off the ice. Why should I be angry that a sports team that I have no control over didn't win a game? I couldn't have done anything and the absolute worst that will happen is some guy on a spreadsheet website will pull up a post from a week ago to make fun of me. Whatever.

This team can absolutely win tomorrow night, but it's much better to expect them to lose. And if they do lose, this will probably be the most disappointing loss out of them because the team doesn't have any excuses to hide behind. It will entirely be on whatever team wants to go out and play tomorrow night. And if (or when) they lose tomorrow, they absolutely will deserve every amount of ridicule and criticism. Because they shouldn't lose tomorrow, they shouldn't even be playing a game 7.

For what it's worth, I don't blame Dubas. I know that's might seem like a hot take Tuesday morning, but he has done absolutely everything in his power to make this team as effective as possible. I don't really blame Keefe either even though his challenge last night was pretty ill-advised. Matthews and Marner have to take the blame for losing if they do. They're over a point per game players in the season playing under point per game hockey in the playoffs. Marner has been especially atrocious and instead of proving people he's worth that 11 million contract, he sent the puck flying over the glass. On the penalty kill.

But you know what's really disappointing? They started playing when they went down 0-2 last night. And they tied it in what, five minutes? The same thing happened the game before. They were entirely capable of winning both nights without needing overtime. Galchenyuk and Dermott don't make mistakes if the game is already over. That's on the team needing to score.

I'm disappointed because I've seen this before. I seen it more than once. It's disappointing because I thought this team was different. It's disappointing because I thought this team had learned. They have 60 minutes on Monday to prove me wrong, but I don't expect much.

Sorry for a long-winded dramatic post, but I wanted to get this off my chest somewhere. Getting any more worked up over the blue tree leaf team isn't worth the time or the energy.

Completly agree its not on Dubas. Though I do question Keefe's decisions lately. Mainly him AND the coaching staff. Why is PP1 Marner and Jumbo who have zero threat currently and even if they play well they are not shooting threats and the PP has been so bad for a while now. The challenge wasnt the best but honestly.. Im one of the few who blame Marner for the PK goal not the challenge. I think the Leafs easily coulda handled 5-4 and got back to 5 on 5 after a challenge. But Marner MAKING it 5 on 3 is deflating. I understand you should never just give away penalties but with some of the weaker Goaltender interference calls of late it made me think it wasnt a god awful move. Marner made the gamble even worse; and not even ragging on Marner cause hes 11 mil Marner. BUT HE is generally a really good two way guy that is much smarter and just better. He had 30 minutes to make a deicions and he panicked for some odd reason. Matthews is a ghost. Nylander is doing all he can with the abence of JT and Matthews, and Marner digging holes. Rielly has not been dog sh*t but he has not been good. Foligno IS NOT looking good and even if its due to injury it still blows. It so frustating from even a none leafs fan perspective beacuase YOU ARE FINALLY getting help. Spezza, Kerfoot, Nylander are looking great. Muzzin and Brodie have helped a ton and yet theres a game 7 against playoff Carey Price. Who could quite literally steal tomorrows game even if Toronto plays great. And Toronto continues to not start on time and its such a dumb saying but the Habs start on time and its paid off especially last game and they put in the work and the leafs just sit on their hands.

Obviously Im not a leafs fan so my opinion may not be as insightful as other opinions but;

If the Leafs lose this series you cannot go into next year with JT, Marner, Matthews, Rielly, Nylander. You keep Nylander and Matthews. Listen on Rielly. Trade Marner. It's shocking to see this team beat themselves different years and with different teams.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
May 30, 2021 at 5:22 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: mondo

I agree. Losing is unacceptable for the leafs. It cannot happen.

If it does, perhaps a core player needs to go, because there are no excuses this year.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
May 30, 2021 at 5:28 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: Saskleaf
I agree. Losing is unacceptable for the leafs. It cannot happen.

If it does, perhaps a core player needs to go, because there are no excuses this year.

As I said above, if you need to, move Marner for 75% value, it’s bern what, now, FIFTEEN playoff game he’s been straight up awful??

UNACCEPTABLE
Saskleaf and Brian2016 liked this.
May 30, 2021 at 5:30 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
As I said above, if you need to, move Marner for 75% value, it’s bern what, now, FIFTEEN playoff game he’s been straight up awful??

UNACCEPTABLE

I don't love the idea of moving Marner, normally I'd say move Nylander before Marner, but after these playoffs, Marner should go before Nylander.

Of course, we should probably wait if/until they lose to start the panic.
May 30, 2021 at 5:43 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith

UNACCEPTABLE

Quoting: Saskleaf
I don't love the idea of moving Marner, normally I'd say move Nylander before Marner, but after these playoffs, Marner should go before Nylander.

Of course, we should probably wait if/until they lose to start the panic.

I have no idea who would actually take on Marner tho. Im not saying "he sucks complete ass zero value" but 11m with term. Few teams can fit it; and who would want it enough to pay the leafs a good fee?

I would think CBJ with Jones being a UFA departure next year (as he wont resign he said) could be conceivable

Maybe buffalo, maaaybe ANA..?? Not many other teams otherwise, I dont think Ottawa, DET, would have interest.
May 30, 2021 at 5:46 p.m.
I say we keep Marner. Period. Don’t entertain trading him. Keep him he’s special.
May 30, 2021 at 5:48 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
I say we keep Marner. Period. Don’t entertain trading him. Keep him he’s special.

If special means not showing up for 15 straight playoff games then he is special
Brian2016 liked this.
May 30, 2021 at 5:49 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Also,

I still CANNOT COMPREHEND how Nedeljkovic wasn’t claimed off waiver.

It’s just not possible for me. I woulda put my job on the line to get the GM to claim him if I worked for a team. He was the easiest claim of the year and no one took him
Zinger and A_Habs_fan liked this.
May 30, 2021 at 5:52 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: yikes
I have no idea who would actually take on Marner tho. Im not saying "he sucks complete ass zero value" but 11m with term. Few teams can fit it; and who would want it enough to pay the leafs a good fee?

I would think CBJ with Jones being a UFA departure next year (as he wont resign he said) could be conceivable

Maybe buffalo, maaaybe ANA..?? Not many other teams otherwise, I dont think Ottawa, DET, would have interest.

That's a good point.

Columbus did offer him an offer sheet.

I believe Minnisota did as well, but they wouldn't have interest now I'm sure.

I agree not sure he's going anywhere.
yikes liked this.
If special means not showing up for 15 straight playoff games then he is special

Other teams are putting their best defenders against the best players, no excuse but every player goes through slumps.

It’s like he has a meh few games and all of a sudden everything else he’s done has gone out the window and he’s useless

He’s showed up, I’ve watched all the little things he does and he is very special.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: MitchMarner_16

This «Don't entertain this idea» is one of the dumbest mentalities ever.

So what you're saying is, in an alternate universe where GMKD gets offered Matthew Tkachuk and Jakob Pelletier for Marner you wouldn't do it????
A_Habs_fan and Brian2016 liked this.
May 30, 2021 at 5:53 p.m.
Brace for the Storm

Do u think a Marner for Meier and Labanc base works?
May 30, 2021 at 5:53 p.m.
Canes fan
Also,

I still CANNOT COMPREHEND how Nedeljkovic wasn’t claimed off waiver.

It’s just not possible for me. I woulda put my job on the line to get the GM to claim him if I worked for a team. He was the easiest claim of the year and no one took him

I can't either. All I can say is that I'm very grateful for that.
A_Habs_fan, yikes, Devil and 1 other person liked this.
May 30, 2021 at 5:54 p.m.
This «Don't entertain this idea» is one of the dumbest mentalities ever.

So what you're saying is, in an alternate universe where GMKD gets offered Matthew Tkachuk and Jakob Pelletier for Marner you wouldn't do it????

No. If that offer came around I would entertain it. The problem is GMs don’t give what a player like Marner is worth. Whoever trades away the best player almost always loses, and we’re not rebuilding which means you don’t trade stars
May 30, 2021 at 5:54 p.m.
Do u think a Marner for Meier and Labanc base works?

Lmao no
Brian2016 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll