SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:54 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Yes though leaks say Seattle picks 11 expiring contracts, max is 10

Are you talking about my post earlier? Because I was under the assumption Bean had been taken, but he wasn’t, and the other RFA is Borgen.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:56 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Thanks to all the leaks we all know Seattles rating will look like

Devil, A_Habs_fan and Book_Hockey liked this.
Bedard23
Also the tik tok leak of the kraken taking Kerfoot was false it says they took McCann
Farewell
Quoting: justaBoss
Suppose because Fleury's only 22 and might have some untapped potential

They'd better hope so. I guess Mr. and Mrs. Fleury must be pretty happy right now (being that brother Haydn also got picked)
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:59 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: IconicHawk
Also the tik tok leak of the kraken taking Kerfoot was false it says they took McCann

we don't know what they took lul its just another leak or projection. Its the same fish but it says McCann thats what they are basing it off of again. Until the name is officially announced its anyone's guess as Francis can still choose someone else or a side deal can still be made.

I'm seeing Vegas 2.0 where the majority of leaks are false as if the entire draft pool for Seattle was leaked ratings would be at an all time low. Meaning money loss for everyone.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
I want to read everyone's opinions on this
Now that Giordano has been selected Flames may decide to go with 3 A's for a season in which my picks would be Tkachuk Tanev and Lucic. Maybe have Backlund and Tanev alternate A's like Backlund at home and Tanev away. But if they want to name a official Captian these would be my picks
C-Lucic. I know this may seem like an odd pick but he is the only player on our roster to have won the cup. He knows the journey that it takes to get there and can possibly lead the team farther than the 1st round. Also a fan favorite
1st A, Tkachuk. He is one of the best leaders in the room, hasn't been as good since the Muzzin accident but still a good leader.
2nd Tanev/Backlund like I said above these 2 are good leaders and could have one at home and the other away. These 2 are good leaders. I believe Tanev even wore the A one or two games this season when Monahan was out. Also Backlund has been an assistant for a while and knows how it works. This could bumb him to the C but I don't kniw if I like the idea.
(Is there 3 a's if there is a Captian?) If so I would do possibly Lindholm. Most consistent player the last few years for us and could do well in a leadership role.
What are your thoughts? LMK what you would change
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:02 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Gmonwy
Now that Giordano has been selected Flames may decide to go with 3 A's for a season in which my picks would be Tkachuk Tanev and Lucic. Maybe have Backlund and Tanev alternate A's like Backlund at home and Tanev away. But if they want to name a official Captian these would be my picks
C-Lucic. I know this may seem like an odd pick but he is the only player on our roster to have won the cup. He knows the journey that it takes to get there and can possibly lead the team farther than the 1st round. Also a fan favorite
1st A, Tkachuk. He is one of the best leaders in the room, hasn't been as good since the Muzzin accident but still a good leader.
2nd Tanev/Backlund like I said above these 2 are good leaders and could have one at home and the other away. These 2 are good leaders. I believe Tanev even wore the A one or two games this season when Monahan was out. Also Backlund has been an assistant for a while and knows how it works. This could bumb him to the C but I don't kniw if I like the idea.
(Is there 3 a's if there is a Captian?) If so I would do possibly Lindholm. Most consistent player the last few years for us and could do well in a leadership role.

I was thinking Muzzin accident?

Then I remembered his tantrum after Muzzin threw him the puck was that it? Or was there some other thing I missed between the 2 of them

Still he could get an A for sure, Gaudreau should get the C
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:05 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Quoting: aadoyle
I was thinking Muzzin accident?

Then I remembered his tantrum was that it? Or was there some other thing I missed between the 2 of them

Still he could get an A for sure, Gaudreau should get the C

The puck flip.

For those who are wondering
https://youtu.be/iCIR2XFIsJ0
aadoyle liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:07 p.m.
This day has been crazy
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:09 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
K so guys I need your help

Lets say Seattle does take McCann

But the next day Dubas gets a call from Armstrong offering either one of Dvorak or Garland heck maybe both. Without moving the big 4 or the 4 Dman (Muzzin, Rielly, Holl, Brodie) what do you think a trade of that caliber would look like. Cause I know both were linked to Toronto and with Coyotes basically shopping everyone from Chycrun this is an opportunity that should not be wasted.

With Arizona wanting to also save actual dollars and have an internal cap of 69 mill (not a joke) being factors to also consider.

Cause if Dubas turns McCann into Dvorak and Garland or something along those lines not bad

With trades being allowed tomorrow got to think were gonna see some moves
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:12 p.m.
Jinx god
Alright, I want to make today an interesting day so I'll do a wager.

If Comeau gets picked or is gone from Dallas in today's expansion draft I'll:

A. Jump in my pool fully clothed
B. Run throughout the streets screaming and shouting
C. You Pick (something reasonable)

The most liked reply is what I'll be doing.
A_Habs_fan, Book_Hockey, Zinger and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:14 p.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: EsoYeezus69

He wasn’t picked
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:15 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

K Im going with C

So if Comeau gets taken by Seattle...

you have to buy a Blake Comeau Seattle Jersey wink

Probs gonna be at discount in a month lul
A_Habs_fan, Gmonwy, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:20 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: IconicHawk
He wasn’t picked

Yet. They announced that they’re going after Oleksiak, but that’s about it, and it’s not like it’s the Seattle Kraken announcing they’re not going after Comeau, it’s insiders. Till the expansion draft is happening none of this is 100% confirmed.
aadoyle and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:22 p.m.
K Im going with C

So if Comeau gets taken by Seattle...

you have to buy a Blake Comeau Seattle Jersey wink

Probs gonna be at discount in a month lul

Should be a Stars Comeau jersey, remember the pain
Book_Hockey and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:29 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Should be a Stars Comeau jersey, remember the pain

I thought about that but it would be funny if someone asks

So Seattle's a new team

I know I bought a Seattle Blake Comeau Jersey to celebrate

Uhhhh....WHAT
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:43 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
K so guys I need your help

Lets say Seattle does take McCann

But the next day Dubas gets a call from Armstrong offering either one of Dvorak or Garland heck maybe both. Without moving the big 4 or the 4 Dman (Muzzin, Rielly, Holl, Brodie) what do you think a trade of that caliber would look like. Cause I know both were linked to Toronto and with Coyotes basically shopping everyone from Chycrun this is an opportunity that should not be wasted.

With Arizona wanting to also save actual dollars and have an internal cap of 69 mill (not a joke) being factors to also consider.

Cause if Dubas turns McCann into Dvorak and Garland or something along those lines not bad

With trades being allowed tomorrow got to think were gonna see some moves

TML now have 18 contracts and US$6.4Mil...
If they lose McCann it's 17 & $9.3M
If it's Kerfoot it's 17 & $9.9M
Dvorak = $4.45M
Garland RFA...$$$?

This is not The Shopping Channel for 19-Pieces of Jewelry in a 23-Piece Store...
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:46 p.m.
Canes fan

C. Finally box Blake Comeau
EsoYeezus69 and Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:48 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: Dzinger18
C. Finally box Blake Comeau

If he’s down, I’m down.
BeterChiarelli and Zinger liked this.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: McGruff
Dvorak = $4.45M
Garland RFA...$$$?

This is not The Shopping Channel for 19-Pieces of Jewelry in a 23-Piece Store...

Well a lot of teams did play most of last year with 18 or 19 players on their roster. Although I agree, there’s no chance they can sign Garland and add Dvorak without sending money back, especially since they still need another goalie.
aadoyle and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: McGruff
Dvorak = $4.45M
Garland RFA...$$$?

Dont need to run a 23 man roster. Many teams have run 21 man and were just fine. Heck Vegas on many occasions had to use less than 20 players due to cap constraints
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:49 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Gmonwy

Give Backlund the C. He's played there throughout his whole career and he's just underrated.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:49 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan

Chant Comeau’s name while running through the streets. Video or it didn’t happen.
Gmonwy, EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan and 2 others liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:51 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Well a lot of teams did play most of last year with 18 or 19 players on their roster. Although I agree, there’s no chance they can sign Garland and add Dvorak without sending money back, especially since they still need another goalie.

TML had a depleted roster years ago w/ injuries and it was a failure.
And, other than TBL last year, how'd those other clubs do?
Remember 2nd is the first loozer...
Jul. 21, 2021 at 2:51 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15

Agreed, which was what I was implying about in my earlier post. Basically if Dubas does trade for either Garland, Dvorak, or both what will the trade look like

Got to think Kerfoot is the money out. Maybe even Dermott but for sure picks and prospects would also have to go as well.

Cause with Arizona wanting to save cap space, actual dollars, and has everyone available but Chycrun got to think some big deals could be made

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll