SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021/2022 NHL Season Discussion Thread - #5

Nov. 15, 2021 at 12:21 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I still like KK, can't tell if that comment is serious or not since we're notorious for loving a player until he doesn't play for us anymore

I'm serious lol. Maybe it's a little bit of saltiness, I like him but I always convinced myself he was gonna be good but if he was like a Ducks or Wild or Blue Jackets or whatever draft pick and I'd have called him a bust earlier.
Nov. 15, 2021 at 12:22 p.m.
torontos finest

leafs going back to the lines they had when they lost like 7-1 against pittsburgh
capsfan2121, A_Habs_fan, MatthewsFan and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 15, 2021 at 12:26 p.m.
Quoting: mondo

leafs going back to the lines they had when they lost like 7-1 against pittsburgh

If it works.

Keefe "I wasn't wrong. It's the players who were wrong"
Nov. 15, 2021 at 12:26 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: mondo

bunting fourth line and ritchie first bruh
Nov. 15, 2021 at 12:31 p.m.
Mangiapane Goat
This comment is wrong on so many levels, if you're watching hockey for the physical contact, switch to the NFL or Boxing or something, the goal of hockey isn't to be super physical and strong, it's to score. Also "Its turning into a boys sport not a mans sport" that's not a thing,

the players are so soft today, it is a thing. Matthew tkachuk and tom wilson are two of the only real hockey players left
capsfan2121 liked this.
Nov. 15, 2021 at 12:33 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: TheBetterTkachuk
the players are so soft today, it is a thing. Matthew tkachuk and tom wilson are two of the only real hockey players left

Heck yeah. Also ovi

Nov. 15, 2021 at 12:36 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
This comment is wrong on so many levels, if you're watching hockey for the physical contact, switch to the NFL or Boxing or something, the goal of hockey isn't to be super physical and strong, it's to score. Also "Its turning into a boys sport not a mans sport" that's not a thing,

young hockey is cool and all, but theyre too soft. More hits are needed. Its turning into a boys sport not a mans sport.

The easiest counterpoint is the best players of all time, and some of the most exciting, Gretzky and McDavid are not physical. And I would say you’d have a hard time telling them it’s not a mans sport lmfao.

And I would say you’re just wrong on saying Tkachuk/ Wilson are the only hockey players lmao.

I would think a guy like Probert or Domi wouldn’t say Gretzky/ McDavid aren’t hockey players…..
A_Habs_fan and Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 15, 2021 at 12:39 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
The easiest counterpoint is the best players of all time, and some of the most exciting, Gretzky and McDavid are not physical. And I would say you’d have a hard time telling them it’s not a mans sport lmfao.

And I would say you’re just wrong on saying Tkachuk/ Wilson are the only hockey players lmao.

Yep, hockey evolves with the players and as fans we evolve with it, we aren't in the broad street bullies and big bad bruins eras anymore, modern hockey is skill, pure and simple
capsfan2121 liked this.
Nov. 15, 2021 at 12:40 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Yep, hockey evolves with the players and as fans we evolve with it, we aren't in the broad street bullies and big bad bruins eras anymore, modern hockey is skill, pure and simple

Yeah but that’s also still a weird comment. Watching the playoffs and a team like Winnipeg; are still skill teams and the hockey still is tough. Winnipeg is super physical. It’s just people who want to find something to complain about.

A guy like Tom Sesito doesn’t deserve a job because he tough and is physical. The guy sucks at hockey lmao.
A_Habs_fan and capsfan2121 liked this.
Nov. 15, 2021 at 12:44 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Nov. 15, 2021 at 12:44 p.m.
Quoting: capsfan2121

Hey, DoPS being inconsistent as hell, nothing new here
capsfan2121 and NoVaSpartan liked this.
Nov. 15, 2021 at 12:46 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Hey, DoPS being inconsistent as hell, nothing new here

There should been punishment. That was uncalled for
Nov. 15, 2021 at 12:52 p.m.
Mangiapane Goat

I would think a guy like Probert or Domi wouldn’t say Gretzky/ McDavid aren’t hockey players…..

i never said they werent real players. theyre lacking in an aspect of the game that, in my mind, should be much larger
capsfan2121 liked this.
Nov. 15, 2021 at 12:58 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
i never said they werent real players. theyre lacking in an aspect of the game that, in my mind, should be much larger

Yeah but I mean that isn’t a problem with the personnel or an intentional aspect. I think it would have happened regardless of desire. The game has evolved. A player like E. Kane is a modern powerforward. He has to be fast and talented otherwise he’s relegated to Ryan Reaves type pay. You HAVE to be fast and talented now to keep up. Players are better, faster and more explosive. Defence has become more dynamic. Goalies are actually amazing, and arguably the most important position. Now you can’t grind your way to winning record, or win a few rounds. You have to adapt. I don’t think Tkachuk’s are a dying breed because they’re very desirable assets. Just need more players who can blend talent and physicality. If players can do it; they’ll be paid and wanted.
A_Habs_fan, capsfan2121, TheBetterTkachuk and 3 others liked this.
Nov. 15, 2021 at 12:59 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Yeah but I mean that isn’t a problem with the personnel or an intentional aspect. I think it would have happened regardless of desire. The game has evolved. A player like E. Kane is a modern powerforward. He has to be fast and talented otherwise he’s relegated to Ryan Reaves type pay. You HAVE to be fast and talented now to keep up. Players are better, faster and more talented. Defence has become more dynamic. Goalies are actually amazing, and arguably the most important position. Now you can’t grind your way to winning record, or win a few rounds. You have to adapt. I don’t think Tkachuk’s are a dying breed because they’re very desirable assets. Just need more players who can blend talent and physicality

Very well said
A_Habs_fan and yikes liked this.
Nov. 15, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
Yeah but I mean that isn’t a problem with the personnel or an intentional aspect. I think it would have happened regardless of desire. The game has evolved. A player like E. Kane is a modern powerforward. He has to be fast and talented otherwise he’s relegated to Ryan Reaves type pay. You HAVE to be fast and talented now to keep up. Players are better, faster and more talented. Defence has become more dynamic. Goalies are actually amazing, and arguably the most important position. Now you can’t grind your way to winning record, or win a few rounds. You have to adapt. I don’t think Tkachuk’s are a dying breed because they’re very desirable assets. Just need more players who can blend talent and physicality

Have to agree with this, you can't really be a one-dimensional player anymore and it's probably for the better. There are also a decent amount of players who blend skill and physicality
yikes and TheBetterTkachuk liked this.
Nov. 15, 2021 at 1:04 p.m.
Mangiapane Goat
Yeah but I mean that isn’t a problem with the personnel or an intentional aspect. I think it would have happened regardless of desire. The game has evolved. A player like E. Kane is a modern powerforward. He has to be fast and talented otherwise he’s relegated to Ryan Reaves type pay. You HAVE to be fast and talented now to keep up. Players are better, faster and more explosive. Defence has become more dynamic. Goalies are actually amazing, and arguably the most important position. Now you can’t grind your way to winning record, or win a few rounds. You have to adapt. I don’t think Tkachuk’s are a dying breed because they’re very desirable assets. Just need more players who can blend talent and physicality. If players can do it; they’ll be paid and wanted.

agreed. I just think there needs to be more guys who have Kanes and Tkachuk's skill sets
capsfan2121 liked this.
Nov. 15, 2021 at 1:06 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
agreed. I just think there needs to be more guys who have Kanes and Tkachuk's skill sets

They still get drafted but it’s probably a matter of development and effort level. You can’t be a 6’6 sluggish guy who’s huge. Logan Stanley is a good example. He’s a decent d piece but his physicality and size keep him in the lineup. That kid is huge and actually decent at hockey.
Nov. 15, 2021 at 1:12 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Zuki9797
bunting fourth line and ritchie first bruh

I actually don't mind Bunting on the 4th line, gives Speeza a more offensive player to work with. And Ritchie has looked better the past couple of games, it's in the Leafs best interest to get him going, having him buried on the 4th line is useless.

I don't get for the life of me is breaking up Matthews and Nylander.
Leafs 2-4-1 Matthews/Marner
Leafs 8-1-0 Matthews/Nylander
zk97 and Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 15, 2021 at 1:17 p.m.
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I actually don't mind Bunting on the 4th line, gives Speeza a more offensive player to work with. And Ritchie has looked better the past couple of games, it's in the Leafs best interest to get him going, having him buried on the 4th line is useless.

Yea, Marner and Tavares have the chemistry IMO. Keep them together ..
MatthewsFan and Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 15, 2021 at 1:17 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
NoVaSpartan and Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 15, 2021 at 1:18 p.m.
TOR V5 GM

I also dont get putting dermott in over liljegren, liljegren has looked far better than dermott so far this year
Nov. 15, 2021 at 1:22 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: LGuy54
I also dont get putting dermott in over liljegren, liljegren has looked far better than dermott so far this year

Did they? Looks like he is still there 🤷‍♂️

capsfan2121 liked this.
Nov. 15, 2021 at 1:23 p.m.
TOR V5 GM
Did they? Looks like he is still there 🤷‍♂️

They keep rotating Liljegren and Dermott so it is unclear who the healthy scratch is

Nov. 15, 2021 at 1:24 p.m.
Tintin over 1122

SevenLeg, A_Habs_fan, Devil and 2 others liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll