Dec. 27, 2021 at 11:29 a.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
You clearly haven’t been following CBJ, Bjorkstrand is very streaky offensively

can you prove it
capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 27, 2021 at 11:56 a.m.
Quoting: Db1899
can you prove it

Streakyness isn't really a "provable" thing, you have to watch the player play and follow the team to know it. However, considering you once called Gallagher a top 10 winger in the league and Fiala an elite player, it's not surprising you don't think Bjorkstrand is streaky offensively
capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 27, 2021 at 1:08 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: capsfan2121
I just got mine too

Not really, i got my 1st phone in grade 9 and it was an old phone from 2010, there’s not many reasons to get electronics super young

Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Exact same. iPhone 6 when I was grade 9

Ok, maybe it's not that unusual. I agree there's no point in getting a phone when you're young.
capsfan2121, A_Habs_fan and zk97 liked this.
Dec. 27, 2021 at 1:14 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
I have my first prospect showcase in Florida this week for lacrosse. Does anyone have tips for this because I have never been put in front of college scouts before
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Dec. 27, 2021 at 1:20 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: capsfan2121
I have my first prospect showcase in Florida this week for lacrosse. Does anyone have tips for this because I have never been put in front of college scouts before

My best piece of advice is: Don’t worry too much.

I have my best hockey games when I care, but don’t care at the same time.

In short: don’t care too much or too little, do what you’ve got to do.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 27, 2021 at 1:21 p.m.
Streakyness isn't really a "provable" thing, you have to watch the player play and follow the team to know it. However, considering you once called Gallagher a top 10 winger in the league and Fiala an elite player, it's not surprising you don't think Bjorkstrand is streaky offensively

Define streaky and then explain how Bjorkstrand is streaky. It's very simple. If he is, you'd be able to prove it - you can't which is why you're deflecting.

The difference between me and you is I can back up what I claim, for whatever reason you act like your opinions should be taken as fact. It's a delusional mindset to have.
Dec. 27, 2021 at 2:05 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
front.jpg

This guy would have broke hockey Twitter if he existed today.
A_Habs_fan, yikes, capsfan2121 and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 27, 2021 at 2:13 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: MatthewsFan
front.jpg

This guy would have broke hockey Twitter if he existed today.

One of the greatest players of all time. Deserves to be on a lineup of the greatest players ever. Just a nasty player.

What a unreal player in the WJC too, the kid destroyed the world juniors.
capsfan2121, MatthewsFan, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 27, 2021 at 3:14 p.m.
What in tarnation

No wonder. Every Finn from the Stars is currently out with covid. Can't play like that.
A_Habs_fan and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Dec. 27, 2021 at 3:18 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Brandon Tanev is out for the entire season with a torn ACL
Dec. 27, 2021 at 3:36 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

zk97 liked this.
Dec. 27, 2021 at 3:47 p.m.
Farewell
Current NHL All-Star Fan Vote Leaders (for Captains) are Ovechkin (30.4% of votes cast), Matthews (17.2%), MacKinnon (13.5%), and McDavid (29.3%). Current runner-ups are Crosby, Stammer, Kaprizov and Draisaitl.
capsfan2121 and MitchMarner_16 liked this.
Dec. 27, 2021 at 3:56 p.m.
Farewell

According to NHL.com, Rask could sign and be in net as soon as January 18th against the Canes
EsoYeezus69 and capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 27, 2021 at 5:46 p.m.
Can you tell me which stretches he has produced less than the average 3rd liner? Streakiest player in the league haha - can you please back that up.

Last year he went 17 games with only 7 points, and 4 of them were against Arizona (and of the 7, 2 of them were secondary assists, one was the last goal in a blowout, so not impactful points that you’d expect from an “elite top line winger”). He then had 25 points in his next 19 games, showing his potential, but clearly not what he always provides. If that isn’t streaky then I don’t know what is lmao
EsoYeezus69 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 27, 2021 at 5:55 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188

According to NHL.com, Rask could sign and be in net as soon as January 18th against the Canes

Dont know if carrying 3 goalies is a good idea for Boston. But Swayman is waiver exempt rn so there's that option even though sending him down could hurt him a but. But still Rask/Ullmark should be a big improvement. And rn Boston needs all the help they can get. Then again Rask has not played in a while so who knows how he will be upon his return
Dec. 27, 2021 at 6:05 p.m.
Quoting: Alfie11
Last year he went 17 games with only 7 points, and 4 of them were against Arizona (and of the 7, 2 of them were secondary assists, one was the last goal in a blowout, so not impactful points that you’d expect from an “elite top line winger”). He then had 25 points in his next 19 games, showing his potential, but clearly not what he always provides. If that isn’t streaky then I don’t know what is lmao

By your logic Matthew Tkachuk is streaky and not an elite top line winger.
Dec. 27, 2021 at 6:12 p.m.
By your logic Matthew Tkachuk is streaky and not an elite top line winger.

Tkachuk is a leader, Fiala is not. Fiala is a black hole defensively, Tkachuk is not. Tkachuk is an impactful physical presence every game, Fiala is not. Tkachuk can be streaky offensively, but he provides enough outside of that to remain a top line winger every game. When Fiala is on a cold streak, he’s next to worthless.
EsoYeezus69 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 27, 2021 at 6:48 p.m.
Tkachuk is a leader, Fiala is not. Fiala is a black hole defensively, Tkachuk is not. Tkachuk is an impactful physical presence every game, Fiala is not. Tkachuk can be streaky offensively, but he provides enough outside of that to remain a top line winger every game. When Fiala is on a cold streak, he’s next to worthless.

hahaha ok Don Cherry. Now you don't want to use points when it doesn't fit your narrative. Leadership and being a physical presence doesn't t do anything to prove your point.

Last season xGA/60
Tkachuk: 2.12
Fiala: 2.23

Fiala was also one of the better forwards in the league last season at zone entry denials. Black hole defensively lol.

When Fiala is not putting up points, he still generates high danger scoring chances for his teammates at an elite rate (most of the time he's on a line with 3rd liner caliber forwards) - he's one of the best transition and possession drivers in the league and he's still that player when he's on a cold streak.
Dec. 27, 2021 at 8:20 p.m.
Farewell

Insanity
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan and zk97 liked this.
Dec. 27, 2021 at 8:41 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Its an interesting notion but to me this would just be like the All Star Tournament or the WC
EsoYeezus69 and zk97 liked this.
Dec. 27, 2021 at 8:45 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: aadoyle

Its an interesting notion but to me this would just be like the All Star Tournament or the WC

I'd really like to see the vote only from the players who had a realistic shot at the Olympics. I don't see why 4th line benders should have the same say as a franchise level player.

Ovechkin/Crosby/Mackinnon/McDavid/Marchand all said they want to go (or are frustrated for not going). I'm sure there are more that I missed.
Saskleaf and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Dec. 27, 2021 at 10:06 p.m.
hahaha ok Don Cherry. Now you don't want to use points when it doesn't fit your narrative. Leadership and being a physical presence doesn't t do anything to prove your point.

Last season xGA/60
Tkachuk: 2.12
Fiala: 2.23

Fiala was also one of the better forwards in the league last season at zone entry denials. Black hole defensively lol.

When Fiala is not putting up points, he still generates high danger scoring chances for his teammates at an elite rate (most of the time he's on a line with 3rd liner caliber forwards) - he's one of the best transition and possession drivers in the league and he's still that player when he's on a cold streak.

You know, I don’t know why you bother posting. You only look at specific stats that don’t paint the whole picture, and completely ignore every other factor, everyone else’s opinion, and reality. Fiala’s EV defensive WAR over the last 3 years was 15%. Tkachuk’s was 54%. And if zone entry denials were all that matters, why is Martin Marincin not an NHL regular? I did acknowledge that Tkachuk can be streaky offensively as well, and while intangibles shouldn’t always be heavily weighted, these go to show that Tkachuk actually provides something when he isn’t scoring, whereas Fiala doesn’t, and completely ignoring them is foolish (Toronto would be a much better playoff team if that was the case). Fiala is a fine second liner and good offensive play driver, but extremely streaky, and one-dimensional, which holds him back from being an elite top liner. Tkachuk is dominant regardless, and useful in other situations even when he isn’t scoring, as one of very few power forwards left in the game. But yeah nah, Fiala with his career high 54 points is unquestionably elite, and Gallagher’s a top 10 winger in the league, for sure.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 28, 2021 at 12:20 a.m.
Correct me if I’m wrong but…

U-18 typically doesn’t have players actively in playoffs, much like the World Championship
Ivan Hlinka has everyone

Why didn’t Canada go to the last Ivan Hlinka?
Dec. 28, 2021 at 12:43 a.m.
You know, I don’t know why you bother posting. You only look at specific stats that don’t paint the whole picture, and completely ignore every other factor, everyone else’s opinion, and reality. Fiala’s EV defensive WAR over the last 3 years was 15%. Tkachuk’s was 54%. And if zone entry denials were all that matters, why is Martin Marincin not an NHL regular? I did acknowledge that Tkachuk can be streaky offensively as well, and while intangibles shouldn’t always be heavily weighted, these go to show that Tkachuk actually provides something when he isn’t scoring, whereas Fiala doesn’t, and completely ignoring them is foolish (Toronto would be a much better playoff team if that was the case). Fiala is a fine second liner and good offensive play driver, but extremely streaky, and one-dimensional, which holds him back from being an elite top liner. Tkachuk is dominant regardless, and useful in other situations even when he isn’t scoring, as one of very few power forwards left in the game. But yeah nah, Fiala with his career high 54 points is unquestionably elite, and Gallagher’s a top 10 winger in the league, for sure.

"You only look at specific stats that don’t paint the whole picture, and completely ignore every other factor" - imagine commenting this and then using Fiala's 54 points without context. I'm sure you're aware that the 19-20 season was a covid shortened season. Fiala put up 54 points in 64 games , his 3.29 points/60 was higher than Tkachuk, Marner, and Stone. The following season Fiala also had a higher points/60 than Tkachuk , but yeah nah Fiala is only a fine 2nd liner tears of joy . Talk about ignoring reality...

Fiala is still elite when he's not scoring - similar to Barzal, he's able to consistently exit the defensive zone with possession and make plays in the offensive zone to maintain possession. Fiala's play is consistent, stretches where he's not producing at an elite rate is because of his linemates not capitalizing on the prime scoring chances he creates. He doesn't have the luxury of playing on a line with talented forwards. There really is no arguing that he's useless when he's not scoring, unless you want to be ignorant and keep repeating the same BS.
Dec. 28, 2021 at 8:08 a.m.
Define streaky and then explain how Bjorkstrand is streaky. It's very simple. If he is, you'd be able to prove it - you can't which is why you're deflecting.

The difference between me and you is I can back up what I claim, for whatever reason you act like your opinions should be taken as fact. It's a delusional mindset to have.

"You only look at specific stats that don’t paint the whole picture, and completely ignore every other factor" - imagine commenting this and then using Fiala's 54 points without context. I'm sure you're aware that the 19-20 season was a covid shortened season. Fiala put up 54 points in 64 games , his 3.29 points/60 was higher than Tkachuk, Marner, and Stone. The following season Fiala also had a higher points/60 than Tkachuk , but yeah nah Fiala is only a fine 2nd liner tears of joy . Talk about ignoring reality...

Fiala is still elite when he's not scoring - similar to Barzal, he's able to consistently exit the defensive zone with possession and make plays in the offensive zone to maintain possession. Fiala's play is consistent, stretches where he's not producing at an elite rate is because of his linemates not capitalizing on the prime scoring chances he creates. He doesn't have the luxury of playing on a line with talented forwards. There really is no arguing that he's useless when he's not scoring, unless you want to be ignorant and keep repeating the same BS.

Hmm...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll