SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Ottawa Senators

The rumour is Fiala according to Shawn Simpson

Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:27 p.m.
KFTW
It doesn’t make sense if it’s a deadline deal cuz Minny is competing but Dorion has been watch Minny closely and apparently are scouting each other. So could be headed for a blockbuster summer move. Look in comments for the tweet
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:27 p.m.
KFTW
https://twitter.com/tsnsimmer/status/1491364335179886593?s=21
TanSor liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:31 p.m.
Interesting… will definitely be in the off-season if they do get him. I wonder if Dorian would give a guy like Pinto, or the first, because I’m thinking Minnesota is after a center man, so I think it either starts with the first, or Pinto.
TanSor, RazWild and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:31 p.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
Quoting: csick
https://twitter.com/tsnsimmer/status/1491364335179886593?s=21

i really dont know what they have to pacakge though. only way i can think of it working is sending connor brown back with some other pieces but then i dont know it that really makes sense for ottawa. Simmers also been known to talk out of his ass sometimes
csick, TanSor and Nhl_oilers liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:32 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Nhl_oilers
Interesting… will definitely be in the off-season if they do get him. I wonder if Dorian would give a guy like Pinto, or the first, because I’m guessing Minnesota is after a center man, so I think it either starts with the first, or Pinto.

The Sens were super high on Pinto and still are. The 1st might be available . Because it’s time to start competing instead of waiting for someone to develop
Borocop, TanSor, Nhl_oilers and 2 others liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:33 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Borocop
i really dont know what they have to pacakge though. only way i can think of it working is sending connor brown back with some other pieces but then i dont know it that really makes sense for ottawa. Simmers also been known to talk out of his ass sometimes

I don’t think it’s Brown . I can see the 1st being traded if it’s in the 7-12 range and someone like Jarventie or Brannstrom. That seems like a good value for both teams
Borocop, TanSor, Nhl_oilers and 2 others liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:33 p.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
Interesting… will definitely be in the off-season if they do get him. I wonder if Dorian would give a guy like Pinto, or the first, because I’m thinking Minnesota is after a center man, so I think it either starts with the first, or Pinto.

the sens dont really have the centre depth to trade pinto but the 1st could definitely be in play
csick, TanSor, Nhl_oilers and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:34 p.m.
If it's a deadline deal, maybe something like Tierny (50 % retained), 2023 1st (top 5 protected) and Brannstrom
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:35 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Db1899
If it's a deadline deal, maybe something like Tierny (50 % retained), 2023 1st (top 5 protected) and Brannstrom

I can’t see it being deadline with Minny competing unless it’s a 3 way trade for Minny to land Miller or something
TanSor, RazWild, MNCountryClub and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:37 p.m.
The Sens were super high on Pinto and still are. The 1st might be available . Because it’s time to start competing instead of waiting for someone to develop

I don't really know a lot about Pinto (seems like he put up decent points in college) but I'd be happy with the top 10 pick. Brackett has a pretty stellar draft resume so seeing another top 10 selection by him would be very exciting. On the other hand, does Guerin really want to wait 3-4 years for a high end prospect? Hard to say obviously, but I could see him preferring Pinto solely for that reason (and of course it takes two to tango, Sens might not be willing to do that).
Nhl_oilers and RazWild liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:38 p.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
I don’t think it’s Brown . I can see the 1st being traded if it’s in the 7-12 range and someone like Jarventie or Brannstrom. That seems like a good value for both teams

i just question why minnesota would move a really good roster piece while theyre competing wihtout getting at least a good roster piece back to fill that void. Brannstrom could be that roster piece coming back i guess but Im just not sure how teams see him outside of ottawa, hes definitely taken some major steps this year though and it shows so maybe teams have taken notice
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:41 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: TanSor
I don't really know a lot about Pinto (seems like he put up decent points in college) but I'd be happy with the top 10 pick. Brackett has a pretty stellar draft resume so seeing another top 10 selection by him would be very exciting. On the other hand, does Guerin really want to wait 3-4 years for a high end prospect? Hard to say obviously, but I could see him preferring Pinto solely for that reason (and of course it takes two to tango, Sens might not be willing to do that).

Pinto is basically a big power forward who’s elite defensively, excellent at faceoffs , can kill penalties and do everything well with high IQ. His offence will determine if he becomes Bergeron or Cirelli. My guess is somewhere in between . Maybe a bit better than Cirelli
TanSor and Nhl_oilers liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:41 p.m.
Oh Simmer said that? Okay so we can cross Fiala off the list of guys Ottawa might trade for then tears of joy
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:42 p.m.

Doesn't a top pick make sense given the WIld's cap situation for the next 2-3 years?
TanSor and palhal liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:43 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
Oh Simmer said that? Okay so we can cross Fiala off the list of guys Ottawa might trade for then tears of joy

I think there’s some truth to this. Both teams have been scouting each other and it makes perfect sense. It looks like a move in the summer
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:44 p.m.

the sens dont really have the centre depth to trade pinto but the 1st could definitely be in play

Yes I understand. Just finding a piece that could work for both sides. Pinto is very good, and should not be moved, but I guess it all depends on if Minnesota wants him, and if Dorian cracks and gives them Pinto. I think Pinto could be a good 2 or 3c next season for the sens, depending on if they want Stutzle to be a center man or not.
csick liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:45 p.m.

I could just be talking out of my ass here but with rossi and probably beckman becoming full time players next year (hopefully) maybe having a top end prospect come in in 2 or 3 years and provide real talent on an elc isnt the worst thing considering the cost of those buyouts will keep going up and guys will need to get paid.
csick, TanSor, Nhl_oilers and 2 others liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:47 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Islesforthecup
I could just be talking out of my ass here but with rossi and probably beckman becoming full time players next year (hopefully) maybe having a top end prospect come in in 2 or 3 years and provide real talent on an elc isnt the worst thing considering the cost of those buyouts will keep going up and guys will need to get paid.

Yup for sure. A top 10 pick would okay need a raise in 4 years
TanSor, Nhl_oilers, Borocop and 2 others liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:50 p.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
Yes I understand. Just finding a piece that could work for both sides. Pinto is very good, and should not be moved, but I guess it all depends on if Minnesota wants him, and if Dorian cracks and gives them Pinto. I think Pinto could be a good 2 or 3c next season for the sens, depending on if they want Stutzle to be a center man or not.

I think running a combination of norris, stutzle and pinto down the middle for the sens will provide move value than getting fiala. Also think minnesota could just easily slot in rossi next year and not have a real need for a centre. Maybe they would be interested in letting goligoski walk and slotting in brannstrom for some cap $ savings? kind of hard to say because minnesotas so deep with players
csick and RazWild liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:52 p.m.
KFTW
I think running a combination of norris, stutzle and pinto down the middle for the sens will provide move value than getting fiala. Also think minnesota could just easily slot in rossi next year and not have a real need for a centre. Maybe they would be interested in letting goligoski walk and slotting in brannstrom for some cap $ savings? kind of hard to say because minnesotas so deep with players

I was thinking

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Fiala-Stutzle-Pinto
Formenton-Paul/White-Brown
Borocop liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 2:57 p.m.
Honestly, I'm torn between Pinto or the 1st.

But if that 1st is in the 7-10 range as @csick thinks it'll be. I'd go for the 1st. It's just about in the perfect wheelhouse to snag Brad Lambert. And while a lot of people have soured on him, I still think he has franchise center potential. A center depth core of Lambert, Rossi, JEE for our top 9 would likely destroy the league in a few years.

That said, this is definitely a offseason type of deal.
csick liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 3:01 p.m.
@csick is Jarventie or Greig more valued by OTT?
Feb. 9, 2022 at 3:02 p.m.
Banned

same guy who tweeted this lmao
Feb. 9, 2022 at 3:04 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: drmantalban
csick is Jarventie or Greig more valued by OTT?

Greig for sure imo.
MNCountryClub liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 3:06 p.m.
Greig for sure imo.

Thanks, that’s what I thought but didn’t want to assume.
csick liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll