Published: Feb. 16, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
PIT
  1. 2023 4th round pick (PIT)
LAK
  1. 2023 3rd round pick (PIT)
Additional Details:
Apart of the condition that BIg Jeff Carter plays in at least 50 games. That point is reaching soon. Unless if some stupid stuff happens now and Big Jeff Carter is injured until the start of the playoffs type stupid stuff
DET
  1. Joseph, Pierre-Olivier
Additional Details:
The question is could this become a possibility? I love POJ man and I’d hate to see him traded. But he’s becoming more and more NHL ready and has already showed off how capable he is in the league. Lemme tell you. I would very much hate to see him traded. Other question is, would Pittsburgh have to add to the trade? Or does this become fair value due to Zadina’s struggles? Or is the trade uneven on Pittsburghs side?
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$76,772,373$0$850,000$4,727,627
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,636,364$2,636,364
RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,725,000$1,725,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
UFA - 6
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,200,000$2,200,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 16, 2022 at 5:54 a.m.
Moritz 4 Da Norris
While LD is a position we NEED more younger and better players in, this trade isn't that fair for Detroit.
Pittsburgh would definitely need to add.
DeadWingsv2, NoVaSpartan, YeYeYaYa and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 6:19 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Gren
While LD is a position we NEED more younger and better players in, this trade isn't that fair for Detroit.

LOL for what?

I wouldn't even do this trade if I was PIT.
You can say what ever you want but one of the reasons DET hasn't turned it around is players like Zadina haven't done anything. 3 years of an ELC and no results.
At some point it's not everyone else. You are drafted 6OA, You are suppose to be the "talent" on the team to turn it around.
It's not like they rushed his development either. He didn't come in at 18. He developed till he was 21.

I think POJ returns at least a 1st in value. Probably with a decent prospect at this point. PIT took their time developing him. He needed that too.
But at least he's a decent defense man. He'll be no less than a 3rd pairing on a steal contract for a team, most likely end up a 2LD somewhere.
Zadina right now, looks like a 3rd to 4th liner. He has not played up to his draft grade, and at some point you frankly, aren't worth your draft grade.
He best qualifies at this point as a "Bust"
Motorhead liked this.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 6:57 a.m.
Banned
Red Wings decline
Gren, NoVaSpartan and aedoran liked this.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 7:09 a.m.
Pop Pop
I would think Pitts tries to move pettersson or Matheson to save cap and let poj into the line up.
aedoran liked this.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 7:17 a.m.
Moritz 4 Da Norris
Quoting: pharrow
LOL for what?

You can say what ever you want but one of the reasons DET hasn't turned it around is players like Zadina haven't done anything. 3 years of an ELC and no results.
At some point it's not everyone else. You are drafted 6OA, You are suppose to be the "talent" on the team to turn it around.
It's not like they rushed his development either. He didn't come in at 18. He developed till he was 21.

I think POJ returns at least a 1st in value. Probably with a decent prospect at this point. PIT took their time developing him. He needed that too.
But at least he's a decent defense man. He'll be no less than a 3rd pairing on a steal contract for a team, most likely end up a 2LD somewhere.
Zadina right now, looks like a 3rd to 4th liner. He has not played up to his draft grade, and at some point you frankly, aren't worth your draft grade.

Well I do agree that he should be producing more points as he was drafted to be an elite sniper, calling him a "bust" is just not it.
Even if his point production hasn't been the best he still has the 8th most points in his draft class.
He's been playing great this season, looks much improved over prior years.
The guy is one of the unluckiest players in the NHL, always gets chances but either a big save or deflected shot, etc.

I don't watch the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins so I can't give you a well-detailed report of the guy, but if you say a guy with only 20 NHL games under his belt at the age of 22 is more valuable than our guy, I won't argue.
But the moment you start going after Zadina purely based on points and draft position that's just foolish.
But it's safe to say that you guys wouldn't want to pay what we'd have wanted, so this is a no deal?
DeadWingsv2, BStinson, NoVaSpartan and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 7:42 a.m.
LOL for what?

LMAO. A 1st for PO Joseph? Are you serious? He was drafted 5 years ago and he can't even make your team. Oh and spare me the BS about him being blocked by other defensemen. If he was good enough to play; he'd be playing. He's a tweener. You'd be lucky to get a 3rd for him. Talk about homer bias...
Gren, DeadWingsv2 and aedoran liked this.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 7:59 a.m.
Pens are the best
Quoting: RedWing9119
LMAO. A 1st for PO Joseph? Are you serious? He was drafted 5 years ago and he can't even make your team. Oh and spare me the BS about him being blocked by other defensemen. If he was good enough to play; he'd be playing. He's a tweener. You'd be lucky to get a 3rd for him. Talk about homer bias...

Actually yes is is about defenseman blocking him. Dumoulin cant go, Matheson has been terrific and our leading goal scorer for dman, and Petterssln has been our best dman defensively
Feb. 16, 2022 at 9:05 a.m.
Banned

Ehh, I think it would be a fair 1-for-1 swap. Both players are IMO still in the "let's see what they are" stage and IMO Zadina is proving to more of an average 3rd liner, which is not a bad thing. I think the question is whether or not these trades fill needs for either team and I'm not sure if they do.

The Pens may wind up having to move Pettersson after this season because of cap issues, so POJ would probably be the likeliest candidate to take over, so we may not be in a position to move him.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 9:08 a.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
Detroit easily declines that.
aedoran and RedWing9119 liked this.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 9:19 a.m.
Banned

yeah keep thinking that.
Hell is this the same red wings team who for years said....we have youth on the blue line we don't need anyone?
Lets be clear about it. Yes he's 22, But his not playing has more to do with who is in front of him. If he was in DET he'd have played long ago.
Not to mention on a team that let a guy develop till 24 year old who ended up being a 1LD on the team who helped win 2 cups.
In a league where everyone is constantly looking for defensemen, getting a 1st for a guy who would be a 2LD on a lot of teams, is on a low cap hit deal, and has control for years, is worth a 1st.
But hey I'm sure Dennis Cholowski is ready to fix those holes.
The ask would be a 1st, probably a solid prospect too. You're not finding defensemen growing on trees.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 9:31 a.m.
Banned
Well I do agree that he should be producing more points as he was drafted to be an elite sniper, calling him a "bust" is just not it.
Even if his point production hasn't been the best he still has the 8th most points in his draft class.
He's been playing great this season, looks much improved over prior years.
The guy is one of the unluckiest players in the NHL, always gets chances but either a big save or deflected shot, etc.

I don't watch the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins so I can't give you a well-detailed report of the guy, but if you say a guy with only 20 NHL games under his belt at the age of 22 is more valuable than our guy, I won't argue.
But the moment you start going after Zadina purely based on points and draft position that's just foolish.
But it's safe to say that you guys wouldn't want to pay what we'd have wanted, so this is a no deal?

like 1/2 the 1st round in his draft year was defensemen.
Further more a lot of guys in that draft class have yet to really get playing time. Like Bernard-Docker.
So the whole points thing means nothing to me. Hell there are guys above him who have way more games like Brady T. or Svechnikov.
But no matter how you put it, it's not changing the fact that in even strength/5v5 play the guy has 3 goals and 9 freaking points.
I don't care what kind of mental gymnastics you go through to justify what ever it is you are thinking. 3 goals, 9 points.
Last year it was 3 goals 13 points. in roughly the same amount o games.

Lets be clear about it. There is a problem with the play. That is not acceptable production for a 22 year old 6OA.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 9:38 a.m.
Moritz 4 Da Norris
Edited Feb. 16, 2022 at 9:45 a.m.
like 1/2 the 1st round in his draft year was defensemen.
Further more a lot of guys in that draft class have yet to really get playing time. Like Bernard-Docker.
So the whole points thing means nothing to me. Hell there are guys above him who have way more games like Brady T. or Svechnikov.
But no matter how you put it, it's not changing the fact that in even strength/5v5 play the guy has 3 goals and 9 freaking points.
I don't care what kind of mental gymnastics you go through to justify what ever it is you are thinking. 3 goals, 9 points.
Last year it was 3 goals 13 points. in roughly the same amount o games.

Lets be clear about it. There is a problem with the play. That is not acceptable production for a 22 year old 6OA.

Last season the guy was getting 1st line minutes pretty much every game except the 11 that Vrana played.
This season because of Raymond, Bertuzzi, Fabbri and even Namestnikov he is being forced into a bottom 6 role.
And like Larkin last season, he's working on his 2-way game more and more to the point where he is usually the best part of those bottom 6 lines.
Plus, doesn't that point production with less ice-time not show some improvement in his offensive game?
Feb. 16, 2022 at 9:51 a.m.
Banned
Last season the guy was getting 1st line minutes pretty much every game except the 11 that Vrana played.
This season because of Raymond, Bertuzzi, Fabbri and even Namestnikov he is being forced into a bottom 6 role.
And like Larkin last season, he's working on his 2-way game more and more to the point where he is usually the best part of those bottom 6 lines.
Plus, doesn't that point production with less ice-time not show some improvement in his offensive game?

Like I said, you keep doing mental gymnastics.
But you get the minutes you earn. Just because you were a 6OA doesn't mean you get it handed to you.
fact is, that production is horrible in 5v5/even strength play. period. 3 goals and 9 points, is just garbage for a forward.
Hell you can take a 23 year old like Drew OConnor who in 22 games has 3 goals and 5 points.
He was undrafted and plays 4th line minutes.
That's the kind of production he's putting up.
There is a reason he's not getting 1st line or top 6 minutes man. It's not hard to figure it out either.

So I really don't care to hear the, his numbers are fine, his production is good argument or the excuses for them. The numbers aren't there. The play is WELL below the draft level.
You ask anyone what they expect out of a 6OA who is 22 on their team, and it's more than 3 goals and 9 points at even strength play.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 10:37 a.m.
Easy pass for Detroit. Zadina has more value than POJ, Wings need scorers more than LD which their farm system is absolutely stacked with
Feb. 16, 2022 at 10:41 a.m.
LOL for what?

lmao, POJ has very little value. Zadina has legit top 6 skill. He was stuck in a bottom 6 role for much of the season and has had some horrible puck luck. Now that he's moved up the production has started to come on
aedoran and RedWing9119 liked this.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 2:38 p.m.
yeah keep thinking that.
Hell is this the same red wings team who for years said....we have youth on the blue line we don't need anyone?
Lets be clear about it. Yes he's 22, But his not playing has more to do with who is in front of him. If he was in DET he'd have played long ago.
Not to mention on a team that let a guy develop till 24 year old who ended up being a 1LD on the team who helped win 2 cups.
In a league where everyone is constantly looking for defensemen, getting a 1st for a guy who would be a 2LD on a lot of teams, is on a low cap hit deal, and has control for years, is worth a 1st.
But hey I'm sure Dennis Cholowski is ready to fix those holes.
The ask would be a 1st, probably a solid prospect too. You're not finding defensemen growing on trees.

I have no idea what you're referring to but you keep harboring that hate buddy, You're one of like three or four Pittsburgh fans, on here, who keeps talking about the Red Wings as if we should be upset that we haven't rebuilt faster after winning 4 Stanley Cups and letting all of super stars leave on their own terms. Trust me Wings fans are fine (but thanks for being so worried about us).You are headed for some serious hurt in a few years and I for one will be laughing the whole time because your fan base seems to deserve it more than the Cups...
Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:13 p.m.
Not going to happen with Detroit.
Feb. 16, 2022 at 11:33 p.m.
Banned
I have no idea what you're referring to but you keep harboring that hate buddy, You're one of like three or four Pittsburgh fans, on here, who keeps talking about the Red Wings as if we should be upset that we haven't rebuilt faster after winning 4 Stanley Cups and letting all of super stars leave on their own terms. Trust me Wings fans are fine (but thanks for being so worried about us).You are headed for some serious hurt in a few years and I for one will be laughing the whole time because your fan base seems to deserve it more than the Cups...

yes we all realize the penguins will decline at some point. Yes we all realize that's happening.
But you know what you won't see. A fan base clueless about the massive holes on their team as they try to devalue other players, and pretend that guys who aren't performing are worth an arm and a leg.
That won't happen. But hey, you seem a bit bitter. Don't blame me you got a 6O who puts up 3 goals in even strength play in 48 games. Or come crying to me when I say, there is something very wrong with the play there. Because there is.
Feb. 17, 2022 at 7:14 a.m.
yes we all realize the penguins will decline at some point. Yes we all realize that's happening.
But you know what you won't see. A fan base clueless about the massive holes on their team as they try to devalue other players, and pretend that guys who aren't performing are worth an arm and a leg.
That won't happen. But hey, you seem a bit bitter. Don't blame me you got a 6O who puts up 3 goals in even strength play in 48 games. Or come crying to me when I say, there is something very wrong with the play there. Because there is.

Wow dude...that's just sad and lazy. I suggest you look up irony in the dictionary. While you're at it look up "cogent argument". I should have known better to even reply to you in the first place. Have a nice day. If you even can...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll