SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2019-20

GM Game Recruitment

Oct. 29, 2023 at 12:52 p.m.
pens fan
Quoting: nickthehabsfan
I can't find your account, did you follow me?

Do u want me to @ u in a tweet?
Nov. 16, 2023 at 3:59 p.m.
We Need D!!
Quoting: TheFastAndTheFleuryous
Sounds cool. I don’t have Twitter, but if you need anybody, I’m here.

I’m in the same boat with no twitter but may reconsider if you need people
Nov. 16, 2023 at 4:36 p.m.
Quoting: DealFinder67
I’m in the same boat with no twitter but may reconsider if you need people

we don't have any vacancies for teams at the moment, but there are always folks looking for AGMs if you want to set up a twitter
Dec. 4, 2023 at 1:01 a.m.
mokumboi
Quick question: When will a fresh game start up from current rosters?
Dec. 4, 2023 at 11:45 a.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
Quick question: When will a fresh game start up from current rosters?

hopefully never, the goal of this game is to keep this version as long as possible so rebuilds and long-term things like that matter.
BigBallsBriere and CanesGM liked this.
Dec. 4, 2023 at 11:59 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: nickthehabsfan
hopefully never, the goal of this game is to keep this version as long as possible so rebuilds and long-term things like that matter.

There's no law that says you can't keep this game going AND make a fresh one at the same time. Some of the teams in the current game were ransacked solely for the sake of destroying them, so it's rather lopsided.
Dec. 4, 2023 at 12:56 p.m.
There's no law that says you can't keep this game going AND make a fresh one at the same time. Some of the teams in the current game were ransacked solely for the sake of destroying them, so it's rather lopsided.

Even if there was a fresh reset... The problem is the same gms that messed it up will be back to do it again. In this type of game you need to protect the team from the user in case it gets too out of hand. Otherwise theres always going to be 5-6 dead teams and 4-5 teams that hoard it all up top.
BigBallsBriere liked this.
Dec. 4, 2023 at 1:20 p.m.
Quoting: hanson493
Even if there was a fresh reset... The problem is the same gms that messed it up will be back to do it again. In this type of game you need to protect the team from the user in case it gets too out of hand. Otherwise theres always going to be 5-6 dead teams and 4-5 teams that hoard it all up top.

The other issue is, if there is a fresh version, we'll lose 10-12 GMs, since they dont want to go through a fresh start again.

So its just that weird gray area on what is overall best for the longevity of the game.

And the current choice is to try and salvage the long term aspect with less than ideal rosters
hanson493 and BigBallsBriere liked this.
Dec. 4, 2023 at 2:30 p.m.
Quoting: jmac490
The other issue is, if there is a fresh version, we'll lose 10-12 GMs, since they dont want to go through a fresh start again.

So its just that weird gray area on what is overall best for the longevity of the game.

And the current choice is to try and salvage the long term aspect with less than ideal rosters

Same thing was said from v4 to v5. People get replaced constantly imo how many different people have come and gone in the past few months. Seems like its just a constant in and out sometimes.

New recruited people will want to start fresh with new rules and whatnot.

Current members will get pissed another version has come and gone with nothing really happening to fix the issue.

Never going to win either way. Its a delay the inevitable mission to keep current members happy or hit reset and have to redo everything youve done for the last 3 years. Its too bad gm game couldnt learn from its past mistakes. Real potential for a fun game on a great platform.
mokumboi liked this.
Dec. 4, 2023 at 4:32 p.m.
mokumboi

In other words, what you have now. Just one more reason to start a fresh game and bar the previous offenders from taking control of a team.
csick liked this.
Dec. 8, 2023 at 12:48 p.m.
In other words, what you have now. Just one more reason to start a fresh game and bar the previous offenders from taking control of a team.

V4 ended for a different reason, it was about a year away from self correcting alot of the initial issues that plagued the league. There were still other large scale issues that were never ironed out largely around free agency and policing of the game. V5 will self correct eventually its just going to take years for the teams at the bottom of the barrel and that wont be enjoyable for whoever runs that team. Knowing full well this discussion is brought up all the time about restarting and resetting.
Dec. 8, 2023 at 1:51 p.m.
mokumboi
V4 ended for a different reason, it was about a year away from self correcting alot of the initial issues that plagued the league. There were still other large scale issues that were never ironed out largely around free agency and policing of the game. V5 will self correct eventually its just going to take years for the teams at the bottom of the barrel and that wont be enjoyable for whoever runs that team. Knowing full well this discussion is brought up all the time about restarting and resetting.

Again, I'm not talking about replacing this version. I'm talking about starting a fresh new one separately. And if you want to wait years for a good half the teams to whatever, good luck with that.
Dec. 14, 2023 at 1:17 p.m.
Scotty H
@DUCHARMETHEDOMINATOR Did your twitter account get banned or did you leave the game?
Dec. 14, 2023 at 1:24 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Quoting: GSuggs19
DUCHARMETHEDOMINATOR Did your twitter account get banned or did you leave the game?

He got fired, wasnt a good gm
Dec. 14, 2023 at 3:54 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Edited Dec. 14, 2023 at 4:11 p.m.
Quoting: GSuggs19
DUCHARMETHEDOMINATOR Did your twitter account get banned or did you leave the game?

Oh sorry, yeah my account got suspended.
You can dm me @Habs_Expert
Jan. 15 at 9:44 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
NHL
We are looking for a GM to replace Florida. If you are new to the game, please do not expect the team to be like IRL, most teams are either decimated or extremely different. Attached below is the link to the team page, please DM @CTEGronk on Twitter/X to confirm your interest, as a twitter account is a requirement. Thanks

-BOG of the GM Game V5.3

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/770112
TMLSage liked this.
Jan. 26 at 4:00 p.m.
I'D LIKE JOIN (Philadelphia Flyers) X- @LupinacciDan
Feb. 5 at 6:20 p.m.
CH70
Quoting: Gronk
NHL
We are looking for a GM to replace Florida. If you are new to the game, please do not expect the team to be like IRL, most teams are either decimated or extremely different. Attached below is the link to the team page, please DM CTEGronk on Twitter/X to confirm your interest, as a twitter account is a requirement. Thanks

-BOG of the GM Game V5.3

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/770112

You were not joking. This team was completely destroyed. This team would require a multi-year rebuild.
Mar. 5 at 11:16 a.m.
Quoting: Wadejos123
For anyone wishing to be considered to join the GM Game as an AGM please leave a message here.
Priority will be given to those with Twitter accounts as the majority of chatter takes place there.
Mar. 5 at 11:21 a.m.
interested in joining whatever league is up and running in any role to help out. i have twitter as well
Mar. 8 at 6:55 a.m.
Washington Capitals

Looking for an AGM. Twitter is bobbynops. Dm if interested
csick liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll