SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Season Discussion Thread #23: The Aftermath

Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:00 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: aadoyle
Shesterkin's back may have as the saying goes "finally gave out from all that carrying he did"

Shesterkin got pulled lol
zk97, capsfan2121, yikes and 5 others liked this.
Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:04 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Edited Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:10 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
Still dont get why the sharks didnt trade Reimer considering they now got Hill and Kahkonen

Could have got more for him at the TDL then they will at the draft.

Like was the asking price to high or do they want to use 3 goalies.

Either way he has to be the candidate to be moved at the draft right? Or will they go with Hill...

Hill has not earned the starting gig and for a team loading up next season you can’t trade Reimer.

Despite everyone’s opinion on SJ and their current state. We know two things for certain.

1st

San Jose Sharks is loading up for next season. It’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of when.

Will (who is currently replacing Wilson Sr, who sounds like Will has a lot of say) (Wilson Sr is on medical leave for something health related) - is clearly loading up for a run. You have Reimer, Kaako vs Hill for started/ backup. Reimer is here unless someone offers a ridiculous package which seeing as TDL has passed; that won’t happen. Hill vs Kaako and then you have Eklund, Ryan Merkley full time with Ferraro healthy - followed by potentially Coe and Bordeleau - and all SJS needs is top 6 help (maybe UFA or trade) and quality depth (which may come from rookies). They expect to see Knyzhov/ Hatakka/ Kniazev + we have more LD depth so it’s not worth trading for more money on the back end. That’s their plan weather we like it or not.

And the 2nd is; Reimer is worth more to any team than a 2nd.
You don’t trade Reimer who vocally wants to stay here for scraps. He’s a quality 30 start guy who can win you games. SJS ain’t getting that quality from Hill or Kaako without some major trends upwards. Personally, I think Kaako can be that guy. Not sold Hill can do so. Therefore, if Hill can’t provide better starts then Reimer - it makes it worth even less to move him.
Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:08 p.m.
KFTW
LMAO NICK PAUL SCORED
oilersguy, capsfan2121, DucharmetheDOMinator and 5 others liked this.
Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:12 p.m.
I make typos
Quoting: csick
LMAO NICK PAUL SCORED

DucharmetheDOMinator, EsoYeezus69, Saskleaf and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:12 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: yikes
Hill has not earned the starting gig and for a team loading up next season you can’t trade Reimer.

Despite everyone’s opinion on SJ and their current state. We know two things for certain.

1st

San Jose Sharks is loading up for next season. It’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of when.

Will (who is currently replacing Wilson Sr, who sounds like Will has a lot of say) (Wilson Sr is on medical leave for something health related) - is clearly loading up for a run. You have Reimer, Kaako vs Hill for started/ backup. Reimer is here unless someone offers a ridiculous package which seeing as TDL has passed; that won’t happen. Hill vs Kaako and then you have Eklund, Ryan Merkley full time with Ferraro healthy - followed by potentially Coe and Bordeleau - and all SJS needs is top 6 help (maybe UFA or trade) and quality depth (which may come from rookies). They expect to see Knyzhov/ Hatakka/ Kniazev + we have more LD depth so it’s not worth trading for more money on the back end. That’s their plan weather we like it or not.

And the 2nd is; Reimer is worth more to any team than a 2nd.
You don’t trade Reimer who vocally wants to stay here for scraps. He’s a quality 30 start guy who can win you games. SJS ain’t getting that quality from Hill or Kaako without some major trends upwards. But I think Kaako can be that guy - but if Hill can’t provide better starts then Reimer - it makes it even worth less to move him.

True

Maybe SJS plan to use Hill in a trade to try and grab some top 6 help. As he is young and a good backup/potential starter or 1b and there are some teams looking for that kind of guy.

Cause I think its probs Reimer/Kahkonen based on what you said and the fact no team wants to carry 3 goalies.
Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:14 p.m.
Tintin over 1122

Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:17 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Jack Hughes scores against the Rangers
How fitting
oilersguy, csick, capsfan2121 and 1 other person liked this.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: Zuki9797
LW you have Caufield, Heineman, Smilanic
RD you have Barron, Mailloux, Brook
C you have Suzuki, Dvorak, Poehling, Evans, Mysak
G you have Dobes, Primeau
RW you have Anderson, Ylonen, Roy
LD you have too many

Caufield is RW.
Maybe the new mgmt will want nothing to do with Mailloux, so to be safe, draft another RD.
You need another legit top 6 center in that group
Habs need a generational goaltender talent, and dobes and primeau at best will be great backups.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Devil
Jack Hughes scores against the Rangers
How fitting

TWICE
oilersguy, csick, zk97 and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:18 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Caufield is RW.
Maybe the new mgmt will want nothing to do with Mailloux, so to be safe, draft another RD.
You need another legit top 6 center in that group
Habs need a generational goaltender talent, and dobes and primeau at best will be great backups.

caufield's been part of an insane line (Caufield - Suzuki - Anderson) playing LW
agreed on the second point
dvo is a legit top six centre but MTL has stunk; worst case scenario you have rem pitlick
you dont need a generational goaltender - but MTL does need a starter for the future
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:19 p.m.
cautious optimism
Yep, they're done.

Bobcat's Post-Game Notes, Game 63

Jackets lose against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

-This is the first game without Max. How will we fare without the grit he gives us? Will Brendan Gaunce step up now that he's getting more minutes?

-ALL ABOARD THE GUS BUS!! Zach takes a one timer and gets it behind Jarry for Gus to swab it in.

-I'm gonna just lump the entire 2nd period together: that was HISTORICALLY bad. I'm not mad, i'm just kinda disappointed. Now i know how my mother feels about me.

-One more goal and i'm outta there. Maybe we'll come back and make this look more respectable on the score sheet. I don't know. But we're not gonna win this.

-On the bright side, we didn't get it close enough to get screwed out of the win. That helps my blood pressure.
csick liked this.
Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:21 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
caufield's been part of an insane line (Caufield - Suzuki - Anderson) playing LW
agreed on the second point
dvo is a legit top six centre but MTL has stunk; worst case scenario you have rem pitlick
you dont need a generational goaltender - but MTL does need a starter for the future

So it doesn't matter lol. If Caufield is on LW, then draft a RW.
Dvorak on a contender in a 3C. Rem pitlick is SO not a 2C either.
Totally agree with you on last point
csick liked this.
I make typos
Kailer Yamamoto has 6G 4A 10P and +4 in his last 7 games played, the whole line of 91-97-56 has been on fire in that span
csick and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
KFTW
Quoting: Bobcat205
Yep, they're done.

Bobcat's Post-Game Notes, Game 63

Jackets lose against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

-This is the first game without Max. How will we fare without the grit he gives us? Will Brendan Gaunce step up now that he's getting more minutes?

-ALL ABOARD THE GUS BUS!! Zach takes a one timer and gets it behind Jarry for Gus to swab it in.

-I'm gonna just lump the entire 2nd period together: that was HISTORICALLY bad. I'm not mad, i'm just kinda disappointed. Now i know how my mother feels about me.

-One more goal and i'm outta there. Maybe we'll come back and make this look more respectable on the score sheet. I don't know. But we're not gonna win this.

-On the bright side, we didn't get it close enough to get screwed out of the win. That helps my blood pressure.

Are they signing Kent Johnson anytime soon?
Saskleaf and Remus liked this.
Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:22 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Who else wants to see a rangers-flames SCF?
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:22 p.m.
I make typos

everyone thought it was Bouch's goals at first
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:25 p.m.
KFTW

No one .
I want:
Calgary vs Colorado
Florida vs Tampa

Conference finals. After that I don’t care. Cuz they’re all great
Alfie11 and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:27 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
So it doesn't matter lol. If Caufield is on LW, then draft a RW.
Dvorak on a contender in a 3C. Rem pitlick is SO not a 2C either.
Totally agree with you on last point

if caufield is on LW you have anderson, ylonen, roy who are all/could become top six wingers imo
dvorak on a contender is a shutdown 3C and yes rem pitlick isnt a 2C... but his production is. last resort imo
Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:28 p.m.
KFTW
if caufield is on LW you have anderson, ylonen, roy who are all/could become top six wingers imo
dvorak on a contender is a shutdown 3C and yes rem pitlick isnt a 2C... but his production is. last resort imo

You take a centre because they can always go to wing
zk97 and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:28 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

I want Colorado vs Florida
Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:29 p.m.
cautious optimism
Are they signing Kent Johnson anytime soon?

i certainly hope so

i think it'll be close to Draft Day, but even if we don't and he plays another year at Michigan, his right don't expire until like 2024
zk97, csick, Saskleaf and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:29 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM

I wouldn't want any of those 3 on my top line. Therefore there's a glaring hole. Roy and ylonen are better suited as 3rd liners, and Andy is 2nd line.
Pitlick should eventually be on 4th line as time goes on
Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:30 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
You take a centre because they can always go to wing

in the draft?
i think MTL trades the CGY first and EDM second to get a higher first
with the (hopefully) top five pick they take a C, with the other first they get a RD
csick and DucharmetheDOMinator liked this.
Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:31 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
I wouldn't want any of those 3 on my top line. Therefore there's a glaring hole. Roy and ylonen are better suited as 3rd liners, and Andy is 2nd line.
Pitlick should eventually be on 4th line as time goes on

caufield and anderson are both top line wingers... or are paid to be. that line produces great together and should be a poor man's Marchand - Bergeron - Pasta
Mar. 22, 2022 at 9:32 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
in the draft?
i think MTL trades the CGY first and EDM second to get a higher first
with the (hopefully) top five pick they take a C, with the other first they get a RD

LW with top pick, and get RD by trading up

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll