Turner33
Matt59
JT_Miller
jmac490
Jul. 9, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Stickied
Edited Aug. 9, 2017 at 10:31 a.m.
BOG Agenda

****BOG OPENINGS TO COME - DROP YOUR NAME IN TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION BY THE 12TH

BOG Members Leaving:
matt59 (August 14th)
jmac490

GMs Who Applied For BOG:
Bo53Horvat
Icegirl
phillyjabroni
DarylthePony
Duster

Votes:

1) To place boltscharge17 on Level 1 of Infraction System: 3-0: Booth Turner Zach in favour

2) To place DirtyDangles on Level 2 (again): 2-2

Other:
1) GM Game Awards: to discuss further after FA
Turner33, CleanDangles, phillyjabroni and 4 others liked this.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 11:16 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Quoting: matt59

If ties, waiver order. Otherwise it's highest bidder wins.

No, I understand the Waiver Priority and Determining Where a Player Signs. My question is, that starting a 12:00 am (50 mins) teams who won players can sign them? and if their is a tie, they can explicitly articulate whether they are invoking Waiver Priority?

Bump

Whoever has highest outright bids can decide if they want to officially sign yes, if ties however each team in waiver order has to announce whether they will choose to use or decline their priority.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 11:19 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Rico I talked to Werenski warrior (PHI GM) earlier today and he has no plans on matching any of the FAs he owns rights to, and did not place a bid on any players he owned rights to anyway.

Thanks. smile

Quoting: phillyjabroni

If ties, waiver order. Otherwise it's highest bidder wins.

No, I understand the Waiver Priority and Determining Where a Player Signs. My question is, that starting a 12:00 am (50 mins) teams who won players can sign them? and if their is a tie, they can explicitly articulate whether they are invoking Waiver Priority?

Bump

I'm currently organizing that information. Once it's ready we can begin dealing with those players. Sometime tomorrow.
Aug. 5, 2017 at 11:24 p.m.
Thanks Rico -

giphy.gif
nobody liked this.
Aug. 6, 2017 at 12:29 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Okay.

All Home rights signings are now done.
I have hidden all players who have either signed already or received no bids on the UFA Tracker. I will continue removing (hiding) players as they are taken off the market.
If I missed any players please let me know.

I have a list of all the players each team can sign now, due to there being no competing bids.
You'll be able to sign any of these players, or release them back to free agency. Decisions will be final.
You can't release a player and then decide later you want to sign them, or sign them and then decide you want to release them.
Choose wisely.

I also have a list of all of the players that each team holds the highest offer for where they are not tied.
Similar to no competing bids, but when you release the player, they go to the next team(s) in line, not back to free agency.
Again, decisions will be final.

I'll be building a list of ties and ranking waiver order for each player tomorrow.
These will potentially be the most difficult and time consuming, but I'll try to make it as simple as possible.
It is also possible that a team with the highest bid passes and more than one team is tied for the next highest.

That should cover all cases.

I'll prepare instructions for how to submit your signings once I have finished building the list.
Check back later in the day tomorrow, and remain attentive in the following days in order to secure the players you are interested in.
phillyjabroni, Bo53Horvat, NateElder12 and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 6, 2017 at 9:49 a.m.
Go Jackets
Rico do you want me to help figure out waiver order and ties and all that? I bumped the link to waiver order spreadsheet in info thread already so it's easier to find for everyone.
Aug. 6, 2017 at 9:55 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Rico do you want me to help figure out waiver order and ties and all that? I bumped the link to waiver order spreadsheet in info thread already so it's easier to find for everyone.

I just put a post in the UFA Discussion thread pending BOG approval.
Signings Tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14h13sdeGtiAGJOgGDqfabbbdsPchoFg3QL1qfClvPV4/edit?usp=sharing
Sheet1: "Official" Signings
Sheet2: Current priorities and signing options (explained in thread)
Sheet3: Waiver Order
matt59 liked this.
Aug. 6, 2017 at 10:23 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Can you put the important parts of my post in the Signings thread Matt?

How to read the sheets and what to post (Player Name: Decision (Contract).
That way all teams have to do is look and see who they are allowed to sign and actually posting them isn't any more difficult than posting a trade.
Questions should be directed to the UFA discussion thread and multiple posts are allowed, as you might not be able to sign all of your players in one shot as new ones become available to you.
Aug. 6, 2017 at 10:24 a.m.
Not yet trannycided
Do you have to put all your signings in the same posts? Or can you make multiple posts as you go along?
Aug. 6, 2017 at 10:24 a.m.
Should we be notifying teams that they can make their home signings official?
Aug. 6, 2017 at 10:28 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Icegirl
Do you have to put all your signings in the same posts? Or can you make multiple posts as you go along?

I want multiple posts so I can do update posts in between processing.
You can put as many as you want in one post, but any new decisions after that should be in a new post as you make them.
Just remember you can't put a new post that changes a decision made in a previous post.
Once you post something, it's final.
Aug. 6, 2017 at 11:17 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Should we be notifying teams that they can make their home signings official?

Signings can become official whenever you choose, but I recommend you do it after the roster freeze ends.
Just a technicality, but roster freeze means no changing your rosters.
I also still need an (accurate) UFA budget for Anaheim (15%) and Detroit (Posted in his thread). Can you check into those before anyone makes any roster changes?

Edit: Boston as well. (Posted in his thread)
Aug. 6, 2017 at 11:28 a.m.
Quoting: ricochetii
Quoting: Math
DG Boston match the offre for :
Alexander radulov
Drew stafford

You had to make a minimum bid of $700k per year in order to match for Stafford.
Your bid of $650k doesn't qualify, sorry.

Ok but i match the offer for
Alexander radulov
Aug. 6, 2017 at 11:33 a.m.
Banned
Aug. 6, 2017 at 11:36 a.m.
NBABound

Very ironic lmao
Calgary13 liked this.
Aug. 6, 2017 at 11:49 a.m.
Can someone link to each FA spreadsheet we have. Like so we can see what our bids were and see who we need to make a decision on?
Aug. 6, 2017 at 11:50 a.m.
Quoting: F50marco
Can someone link to each FA spreadsheet we have. Like so we can see what our bids were and see who we need to make a decision on?

Okay. I want to make sure people understand this before we go ahead.
Questions can be directed to me here.

Signings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14h13sdeGtiAGJOgGDqfabbbdsPchoFg3QL1qfClvPV4/edit?usp=sharing

Click the Tab for Sheet2 at the bottom.

Players listed under your team in the top area (Pink)
These are players that you own the only bid for.
You can sign these players to your winning contract, provided it is within your budget to do so, or you can "pass" and send them back to the free agent pool.
Once you announce a signing or passing of the player, your decision is FINAL. They will be removed from the signing document and the free agent tracker.

Players listed under your team in the middle area (Cyan/Blue)
These are players you own the highest bid for.
You can sign these players to your winning contract, provided it is within your budget to do so, or you can "pass" and the player will be offered to the next highest bidder.
Once you announce a signing or passing of the player, your decision is FINAL. They will be removed from your team's list and placed on the next team's.
If all interested teams pass, the player will be removed from the signing document and the free agent tracker.

Players listed at the bottom of the document in the Waiver/TieBreaker section
The team highlighted in Yellow is the team that may currently sign the player by using their waiver priority and moving to the end of the line.
(Waiver priority order can be viewed using the Sheet3 tab at the bottom of the document.)
- If you are currently shown as Yellow for more than one team, you may only use priority for one of those players. You will automatically Pass on all of your other "tied" bids.
- If you are shown as Orange, (after passing on a player), you will have another chance to claim the player if no other team does.
- If a team is highlighted as Green, it indicates they have used their waiver priority to claim the player. The player is no longer available.
You may withdraw your bid for a player at any time. If you have used up your budget or lost interest in the player for example.
Any decision you make is FINAL. Unsigned players will be removed from the signing document and the free agent tracker.

SPECIAL NOTE: These lists WILL change as decisions are made. A player may appear on your list that wasn't their before, or a new tie scenario may appear if the highest bidder passes on a player. I strongly recommend you keep up to date with decisions made involving players you are interested in, and that you monitor the signings document for changes.

Any Questions/Concerns (or if you notice an error), please inform me here ASAP.

--------------

Submitting your signings:
The BOG should create a new thread specifically for signing decisions. Nothing except for signings should be posted in the thread.
All other discussion can take place here.

Template for submissions:

Quote:
Team Name:

FULL Player Name: DECISION (Contract)

Decision options: SIGN / PASS / CLAIM / WITHDRAW
SIGN: You currently hold the highest bid, without ties, and wish to sign the player.
PASS: You do not wish to sign the player. (In a tie scenario, you will remain in queue if the player comes back around.)
CLAIM: You are using waiver priority to sign a player.
WITHDRAW: You are removing your bid from consideration for a player.

---------------

SAMPLE:

Colorado
Colorado Avalanche

Jakub Jerabek: CLAIM ($925,000 x 1 year)
Christian Thomas: SIGN ($800,000 x 2 years)
Mitch Callahan: SIGN ($775,000 x 2 years)
Wayne Simpson: SIGN($700,000 x 2 years)

Notes: Not part of your post, just an explanation to help you understand my signings.

1. I am using waiver priority to claim Jakub Jerabek. I Highlight Colorado as green to indicate I signed him using waiver priority.
2. This means I automatically pass on Henrik Haapala. I Highlight Colorado as orange to indicate I passed. I Highlight the next team in order as yellow.
3. The other three players, I hold the highest bid on with no ties, so I am able to sign them without doing anything special.
4. All of these players will be added to my signings page on Sheet1 and removed(hidden) on the UFA tracker to indicate they are no longer available.
5. I am now waiting to see if teams sign/pass/withdraw on my other players and I get an opportunity to sign them. I have the space in my budget to do so, as shown at the bottom of Sheet1 under Colorado's UFA budget.

*These aren't official yet, just an example.
----------

I'm going to have to run back through that and have some other people check it over and make sure I covered everything?

does that help?
Aug. 6, 2017 at 11:53 a.m.
Quoting: F50marco

Okay. I want to make sure people understand this before we go ahead.
Questions can be directed to me here.

Signings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14h13sdeGtiAGJOgGDqfabbbdsPchoFg3QL1qfClvPV4/edit?usp=sharing

Click the Tab for Sheet2 at the bottom.

Players listed under your team in the top area (Pink)
These are players that you own the only bid for.
You can sign these players to your winning contract, provided it is within your budget to do so, or you can "pass" and send them back to the free agent pool.
Once you announce a signing or passing of the player, your decision is FINAL. They will be removed from the signing document and the free agent tracker.

Players listed under your team in the middle area (Cyan/Blue)
These are players you own the highest bid for.
You can sign these players to your winning contract, provided it is within your budget to do so, or you can "pass" and the player will be offered to the next highest bidder.
Once you announce a signing or passing of the player, your decision is FINAL. They will be removed from your team's list and placed on the next team's.
If all interested teams pass, the player will be removed from the signing document and the free agent tracker.

Players listed at the bottom of the document in the Waiver/TieBreaker section
The team highlighted in Yellow is the team that may currently sign the player by using their waiver priority and moving to the end of the line.
(Waiver priority order can be viewed using the Sheet3 tab at the bottom of the document.)
- If you are currently shown as Yellow for more than one team, you may only use priority for one of those players. You will automatically Pass on all of your other "tied" bids.
- If you are shown as Orange, (after passing on a player), you will have another chance to claim the player if no other team does.
- If a team is highlighted as Green, it indicates they have used their waiver priority to claim the player. The player is no longer available.
You may withdraw your bid for a player at any time. If you have used up your budget or lost interest in the player for example.
Any decision you make is FINAL. Unsigned players will be removed from the signing document and the free agent tracker.

SPECIAL NOTE: These lists WILL change as decisions are made. A player may appear on your list that wasn't their before, or a new tie scenario may appear if the highest bidder passes on a player. I strongly recommend you keep up to date with decisions made involving players you are interested in, and that you monitor the signings document for changes.

Any Questions/Concerns (or if you notice an error), please inform me here ASAP.

--------------

Submitting your signings:
The BOG should create a new thread specifically for signing decisions. Nothing except for signings should be posted in the thread.
All other discussion can take place here.

Template for submissions:

Decision options: SIGN / PASS / CLAIM / WITHDRAW
SIGN: You currently hold the highest bid, without ties, and wish to sign the player.
PASS: You do not wish to sign the player. (In a tie scenario, you will remain in queue if the player comes back around.)
CLAIM: You are using waiver priority to sign a player.
WITHDRAW: You are removing your bid from consideration for a player.

---------------

SAMPLE:

Colorado
Colorado Avalanche

Jakub Jerabek: CLAIM ($925,000 x 1 year)
Christian Thomas: SIGN ($800,000 x 2 years)
Mitch Callahan: SIGN ($775,000 x 2 years)
Wayne Simpson: SIGN($700,000 x 2 years)

Notes: Not part of your post, just an explanation to help you understand my signings.

1. I am using waiver priority to claim Jakub Jerabek. I Highlight Colorado as green to indicate I signed him using waiver priority.
2. This means I automatically pass on Henrik Haapala. I Highlight Colorado as orange to indicate I passed. I Highlight the next team in order as yellow.
3. The other three players, I hold the highest bid on with no ties, so I am able to sign them without doing anything special.
4. All of these players will be added to my signings page on Sheet1 and removed(hidden) on the UFA tracker to indicate they are no longer available.
5. I am now waiting to see if teams sign/pass/withdraw on my other players and I get an opportunity to sign them. I have the space in my budget to do so, as shown at the bottom of Sheet1 under Colorado's UFA budget.

*These aren't official yet, just an example.
----------

I'm going to have to run back through that and have some other people check it over and make sure I covered everything?

does that help?

This is just the same file. I need the original one with all the bids and who had the highest bid. Like I don't remember how much I offered players I bid on.
Aug. 6, 2017 at 12:04 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Page 185, Post #4606

See all bids on all players, including the highest. Main source of information.
UFA Master: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14RPcKXxF2usLaDoiSpEBBZ_c6pxHwPjiwJnuVAnLjoo/edit?usp=sharing

Used by the BOG to determine Home team, matching %, order of bids, and ties.
UFA Tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cbt7aGSZQE7DQ0J_B_wfyvhL9kCq1LFIhdlOMCV_5Xs/edit?usp=sharing

Used to track final contract signings. Not yet "official", but helps keep track and monitor your budget.
Signings Tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14h13sdeGtiAGJOgGDqfabbbdsPchoFg3QL1qfClvPV4/edit?usp=sharing

List of players you are eligible to match bids on:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oc_THkeEuRyJ5OBxjAwt9AzNNIRCIKvGrQrmY7kh5_4/edit?usp=sharing

Don't need to worry about that last one any more, home matching is done.
Aug. 6, 2017 at 7:11 p.m.
Page 185, Post #4606

See all bids on all players, including the highest. Main source of information.
UFA Master: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14RPcKXxF2usLaDoiSpEBBZ_c6pxHwPjiwJnuVAnLjoo/edit?usp=sharing

Used by the BOG to determine Home team, matching %, order of bids, and ties.
UFA Tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cbt7aGSZQE7DQ0J_B_wfyvhL9kCq1LFIhdlOMCV_5Xs/edit?usp=sharing

Used to track final contract signings. Not yet "official", but helps keep track and monitor your budget.

List of players you are eligible to match bids on:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oc_THkeEuRyJ5OBxjAwt9AzNNIRCIKvGrQrmY7kh5_4/edit?usp=sharing

Don't need to worry about that last one any more, home matching is done.

Awesome thanks Rico, this is what I needed!
ricochetii and phillyjabroni liked this.
Aug. 6, 2017 at 11:28 p.m.
So did both my signings of Kunitz and Marleau get accepted?
Aug. 7, 2017 at 12:20 a.m.
Quoting: jmac490

Yes. Check the signings tracker for the official price tag. It's one of the above links

EDIT: just Marleau. Not Kunitz. Need to post Kunitz signing in new thread to make it official
Aug. 7, 2017 at 12:42 a.m.

Yes. Check the signings tracker for the official price tag. It's one of the above links

EDIT: just Marleau. Not Kunitz. Need to post Kunitz signing in new thread to make it official

do I get the 10% on Marleau or nah?
Aug. 7, 2017 at 12:53 a.m.

You can find the price to sign him at in this Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14h13sdeGtiAGJOgGDqfabbbdsPchoFg3QL1qfClvPV4/edit?usp=sharing. Sheet 1 is the list of all Official FA signings; Sheet 2 has the list of players you must declare whether you will Sign/Pass/Claim in the Signkngs Thread
Aug. 7, 2017 at 1:15 a.m.

You can find the price to sign him at in this Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14h13sdeGtiAGJOgGDqfabbbdsPchoFg3QL1qfClvPV4/edit?usp=sharing. Sheet 1 is the list of all Official FA signings; Sheet 2 has the list of players you must declare whether you will Sign/Pass/Claim in the Signkngs Thread

Says 7 by 3... I think the total AAV was 15M for me and Marco had 21M... was the rule not within 50% or is it within 80%?
Aug. 7, 2017 at 1:24 a.m.

Says 7 by 3... I think the total AAV was 15M for me and Marco had 21M... was the rule not within 50% or is it within 80%?

80%, so you don't qualify for the discount. Either way, the Marleau signing 7x3 is official, it can't be changed

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll