SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #8 - Gone Fishing

Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:16 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
Would be interesting - your teams and duos?

OTT
Tkachuk, Matthew [RFA Rights]
Tanev, Christopher
CGY
Zaitsev, Nikita
Batherson, Drake
Hamonic, Travis
Boucher, Tyler
2023 1st round pick (OTT)
2024 1st round pick (OTT)

IDK what else to add to even out this deal, don't really know Sens prospect values. But do something like this, Ottowa clears 12.5M and gains 4.5 + tkachuk contract. Then you offer Tkachuk a 6 X 8,204,715 deal and he takes it just because it is hilarious. (this senario cap is even) if you got him on 8X10 you lose 2M in cap space for the year, if you can get through next year under the cap (Bridge Deal city!) then you clear 5m of dead cap off the books clearing up space to resign you players. Giroux leaves the next year and you have more space. Ottowa now has a awesome top 9 as well as a insane top 4 because we all know Tanev turns young Dmen into stars, and Sanderson is already sick.

Tkachuk - Norris - Tkachuk
Stutzle - Giroux - Debrincat
Formenton - Pinto - Joseph

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Tanev
zk97 liked this.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:16 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
Issue is chucky is owed 9mill on his new deal (QO was that)

Of all teams mentioned they either dont need the extra player or dont got the cap space to make both work

I feel its gonna be Chucky for massive package going back to Cgy unless you go superstar for superstar route

The tkachuk teams where apparently not true.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:18 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
OTT
Tanev, Christopher
CGY
Zaitsev, Nikita
Batherson, Drake
Hamonic, Travis
Boucher, Tyler

IDK what else to add to even out this deal, don't really know Sens prospect values. But do something like this, Ottowa clears 12.5M and gains 4.5 + tkachuk contract. Then you offer Tkachuk a 6 X 8,204,715 deal and he takes it just because it is hilarious. (this senario cap is even) if you got him on 8X10 you lose 2M in cap space for the year, if you can get through next year under the cap (Bridge Deal city!) then you clear 5m of dead cap off the books clearing up space to resign you players. Giroux leaves the next year and you have more space. Ottowa now has a awesome top 9 as well as a insane top 4 because we all know Tanev turns young Dmen into stars, and Sanderson is already sick.

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Tanev

Ottawa has to add I mean who cares if those picks are unprotected - Bouchers almost negative value and Zaitsev is negating the value of one of those firsts so it’s really.

Tkachuk worth multiple firsts
Tanev worth a couple firsts

For

Batherson (cloudy situation)
First
Hamonic
Sure I’ll add Boucher but that doesn’t move the needle.

And I don’t think Ottawa can financially or “asset management”lly (made up a word) afford a move like this.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:20 p.m.
Ottawa has to add I mean who cares if those picks are unprotected - Bouchers almost negative value and Zaitsev is negating the value of one of those firsts so it’s really.

For

First
Hamonic

And I don’t think Ottawa can financially or “asset management”lly (made up a word) afford a move like this.

Yea, as I said i didn't know which Ottowa prospects to add to the deal to make up the difference. Whichever guy is #2 after Sanderson I would assume.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:21 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
The fact Vegas can trade for Chucky and still have somewhat of a good team blows my mind its like the hockey gods are teasing us as despite the flat cap and even if they lose Brisson + Theo + Roy and Kolesar they got a pretty good team with an alright bottom 6 and can sign 2 cheap depth guys
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:21 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Yea, as I said i didn't know which Ottowa prospects to add to the deal to make up the difference. Whichever guy is #2 after Sanderson I would assume.

It would probably be

Batherson
Grieg
JBD
1st
Something

For

tkachuk

But idk if Calgary is gonna be happy with that offer but I think that’s the most Ottawa would consider and it’s expensive for them. I don’t think either team is too happy with it.
BuFfaLOFaN and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:22 p.m.
KFTW
Sanderson just bought a Mustang for his ride in Ottawa - sorry Jake that’s gonna be a NHLpe deductible for me and my “charts”.

He will be forgiven as soon as he steps on the ice and dominates the league.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:24 p.m.
KFTW

For

First
Hamonic

I don’t think the difference between Batherson and Tkachuk is that much especially considering the contract he’s on (assuming he’s not part of the investigation) . Batherson + 1st comes really close.

For Tanev I’d add another first especially if they take back Zaitsev , I’d add Jarventie
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:25 p.m.
OTT
Tanev, Christopher
CGY
Zaitsev, Nikita
Batherson, Drake
Hamonic, Travis
Boucher, Tyler

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Tanev

I would love this but the Sens would be adding to the trade in terms of value. And this also might mean we lose Zub next summer just going off of some ACGM numbers I was playing with last week (DeBrincat goes up to 9 at least, even if you bridge Stutzle/Pinto, Zub will want 4-5 and that might not fit with Tkachuk at 9-10), but yeah this could just win us the cup next year straight up lol. I would not want to face two Tkachuks in the playoffs
csick and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:26 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Crazy idea Jesse Pollock threw out -

Matthew Tkachuk -> Arizona with Extension plus the C

And ima add too it;

AND SIGN MATTHEWS AS A UFA BABY.

Tkachuk - Matthews - Keller
Bedard - Guenther
Cooley

🔥🔥🔥
BuFfaLOFaN, Db1899, zk97 and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:26 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Alfie11
I would love this but the Sens would be adding to the trade in terms of value. And this also might mean we lose Zub next summer just going off of some ACGM numbers I was playing with last week (DeBrincat goes up to 9 at least, even if you bridge Stutzle/Pinto, Zub will want 4-5 and that might not fit with Tkachuk at 9-10), but yeah this could just win us the cup next year straight up lol. I would not want to face two Tkachuks in the playoffs

Let’s assume Batherson is cleared. That contract is gold. It’s worth a lot just to have him at 5 mill
Alfie11 liked this.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:29 p.m.

Yea, it makes a lot of sense for compete now. Honestly if Giroux was signed below 5m that would fix the whole team lol. The fact that the sense clear 5 MILLION in dead cap in 2 years gives me hope they could somehow pull off some sort of miracle and add another high end forward on a long deal. I also wonder if Tkachuk takes a deal to win with Ottowa? You never know, sign him and brady to the same term and they can resign or leave together
Alfie11 liked this.
Jinx god
Yeah but you’re getting Tkachuk lol. Also is Bourque really projecting as a centre/Hintz as a LW? I would’ve thought that you’d run Robo-Hintz-Tkachuk long term (Tkachuk does a lot of what Pavelski does while also being big and physical) and then like Benn-Seguin-Stankoven or something. I do think that Johnston would be the guy the Flames absolutely do not budge on though, and while Bourque and Stankoven are both undersized, I think Stankoven would be too small (we already have Coronato and Mangiapane at 5’10”, Bourque is also 5’10” and Stankoven’s 5’8”). You would have terrible defense, but Edmonton made it work with bad defense AND bad goaltending. At least you’d have one elite defenseman and an elite goalie lol

If we don’t move anything major, I see our future top 6 as:

Hintz-Johnston-Robo
Marchment-Bourque-Stankoven

Bourque is going to centre the 2nd line no matter what, first line could be Robo-Hintz-Johnston if Johnston can play winger. He’s your prototypical centre: smart two ways, has good vision, is majorly a playmaker. He’s like Danault with better offense and a little worse defense.

If we get Tkachuk though (big @ss if), after Pavelski retires or leaves, Tkachuk would 100% take the role, even over Johnston if he was still hypothetically here.

I would see Calgary being interested in Dallas over many teams considering they have a true number 1 centre coming up in Johnston, and a deep asf centre prospect pool (can/probably would acquire more than one of them in a trade). He’s a future two way guy who puts up 90-95 points, like a better version of prime Segs (that’s all if his development continues as planned).

Also ffs why do you think Dallas would run Benn on the 2nd line in a year or two from now? He already can’t do it currently lol, why would he be able to later on when he gets older and worse? We got Marchment for a reason lol, so Benn doesn’t play top 6, either him or Gurianov take the role from him.
zk97 liked this.
Crazy idea Jesse Pollock threw out -

Matthew Tkachuk -> Arizona with Extension plus the C

And ima add too it;

AND SIGN MATTHEWS AS A UFA BABY.

Tkachuk - Matthews - Keller
Bedard - Guenther
Cooley

🔥🔥🔥

Lol if Tkachuk went to the Coyotes, it would be for both Guenther and Cooley plus probably Soderstrom (maybe Rinzel) because there’s still no way they’re trading their 2023 1st. Maybe Keller + one of the F prospects gets it done but I reckon Calgary would prefer the prospects.
csick and zk97 liked this.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:32 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Lol if Tkachuk went to the Coyotes, it would be for both Guenther and Cooley plus probably Soderstrom (maybe Rinzel) because there’s still no way they’re trading their 2023 1st. Maybe Keller + one of the F prospects gets it done but I reckon Calgary would prefer the prospects.

Chychrun, Soder, Hayton, picks 👀

Haha but yeah I’m not leaving without Guenther personally.
Alfie11 and zk97 liked this.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:35 p.m.
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
If we don’t move anything major, I see our future top 6 as:

Hintz-Johnston-Robo
Marchment-Bourque-Stankoven

Bourque is going to centre the 2nd line no matter what, first line could be Robo-Hintz-Johnston if Johnston can play winger. He’s your prototypical centre: smart two ways, has good vision, is majorly a playmaker. He’s like Danault with better offense and a little worse defense.

If we get Tkachuk though (big ss if), after Pavelski retires or leaves, Tkachuk would 100% take the role, even over Johnston if he was still hypothetically here.

I would see Calgary being interested in Dallas over many teams considering they have a true number 1 centre coming up in Johnston, and a deep asf centre prospect pool (can/probably would acquire more than one of them in a trade). He’s a future two way guy who puts up 90-95 points, like a better version of prime Segs (that’s all if his development continues as planned).

And ffs why do you think Dallas would run Benn on the 2nd line in a year or two from now? He already can’t do it currently lol, why would he be able to later on when he gets older and worse. We got Marchment for a reason lol, so Benn doesn’t play top 6, either him or Gurianov.

I only said Benn because I forgot who else you had and assumed Gurianov would be part of the package out to clear cap and was too lazy to check the Stars page lol, Marchment would be 2LW of course.

Bourque was playing top 6 RW on Canada at the WJC so I assumed him sliding to the wing would be more natural than Hintz, who is already established as a speedy, skilled, 2-way centre. Like Robo-Hintz-Stankoven // Marchment/Gurianov-Johnston-Bourque or something.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:42 p.m.
Jinx god
Edited Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:51 p.m.
I only said Benn because I forgot who else you had and assumed Gurianov would be part of the package out to clear cap and was too lazy to check the Stars page lol, Marchment would be 2LW of course.

Bourque was playing top 6 RW on Canada at the WJC so I assumed him sliding to the wing would be more natural than Hintz, who is already established as a speedy, skilled, 2-way centre. Like Robo-Hintz-Stankoven // Marchment/Gurianov-Johnston-Bourque or something.

Bourque also played somewhat centre, only played wing with Wright I think, and centre with Bourgault. If he plays with Johnston or Hintz he’s going wing, but with Stankoven he’s going centre.

Also with your lines, I don’t see the first line meshing well because Stankoven has almost the complete opposite games as Pavs, while Bourque or Johnston have pretty similar games. Could see: Robo-Hintz-Bourque and Marchment-Johnston-Stankoven. If Team Canada re-selects their roster for this August, they should try to combo these Stars prospects to see how they mesh together.

I had Hintz as winger because that’s what it says on the CF page as his secondary position, but realistically he’s the most proven/real centre of them 3. Have seen good comparisons of Bourque for him to match with them, so I think he’ll maybe go wing, just because he’ll play with Hintz and Robo.
Alfie11 liked this.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:43 p.m.
KFTW
The only way Dallas could make a play for Tkachuk is if they included Benn in the deal
EsoYeezus69 and zk97 liked this.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:47 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: csick
The only way Dallas could make a play for Tkachuk is if they included Benn in the deal

Cap wise, yeah, but we all know Benn isn’t waiving his NMC.
csick and zk97 liked this.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:49 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I feel LAK are gonna make a big push for Tkachuck

They got guys like Iafallo and Arvidsson that they can include to make the cap work and a prospect pool deep enough to where sacraficing one or two guys wont leave a dent
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 5:49 p.m.
Chychrun, Soder, Hayton, picks 👀

Haha but yeah I’m not leaving without Guenther personally.

Yeah Hayton doesn’t look that good anymore, and Chychrun is great but we already have Hanifin+Kylington so then we just have to trade another guy, and his contract is valuable for a contender, not a retooling team. It’s gotta be at least two of Cooley, Guenther, and Keller, plus one of Soderstrom or Rinzel imo

Yea, it makes a lot of sense for compete now. Honestly if Giroux was signed below 5m that would fix the whole team lol. The fact that the sense clear 5 MILLION in dead cap in 2 years gives me hope they could somehow pull off some sort of miracle and add another high end forward on a long deal. I also wonder if Tkachuk takes a deal to win with Ottowa? You never know, sign him and brady to the same term and they can resign or leave together

If Matthew took an identical deal to his brother I’d do it in a heartbeat lol, we might lose Formenton and Joseph next year, but if we can keep Zub it’d be worth it. If he costs 10 (likely) then it gets iffy, we might not be able to keep Zub even without Joseph and Formenton. Losing Zub, and Tanev likely won’t be good for longer than this contract (i.e. declining by 2024), would be a big hole on our right side, and I’m not sure if both JBD and Thomson will be bona fide top 4 guys (they both look like it right now, but more as 2nd pair guys, so they’d both be the complementary D partner and hopefully Chabot+Sanderson are good enough to carry, and JBD+Thomson are good enough to not need to be carried too hard lol).
BuFfaLOFaN, csick, yikes and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 6:20 p.m.
torontos finest
noticed that tkachuk's value has taken a steep decline in acgm
BuFfaLOFaN, yikes, zk97 and 2 others liked this.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 6:33 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
2016 NHL Draft:

1. TOR- Matthews
2. WPG- Laine (Traded)
3. CBJ- Dubois (Traded)
4. EDM- Puljujarvi (Soon traded?)
5. VAN- Juolevi (Traded)
6. CGY- Tkachuk (Soon traded?)
7. ARI- Keller
8. BUF- Nylander (Traded)
9. MTL- Sergachev (Traded)
10. COLO- Jost (Traded)

👌
BuFfaLOFaN, yikes, A_Habs_fan and 2 others liked this.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 6:40 p.m.
Tkachuk to Ottawa Year 1

Tkachuk to Ottawa Year 2

@BuffaloFan @csick I tried to make Tkachuk + Tanev to Ottawa work
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jul. 20, 2022 at 6:41 p.m.
KFTW
Tkachuk to Ottawa Year 1

Tkachuk to Ottawa Year 2

BuffaloFan csick I tried to make Tkachuk + Tanev to Ottawa work

I would not do Batherson + Greig + 1st for Tkachuk and I wouldn’t do JBD + 1st for Tanev

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll