Nylander concept instead of KerfootHoll

Created by: Rodzikhockey93
Team: 2022-23 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 9, 2022
Published: Aug. 9, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
TOR
  1. Johnsson, Andreas ($1,700,000 retained)
  2. Mercer, Dawson
  3. 2023 1st round pick (NJD)
Additional Details:
Top 10 protected. If so moved to 2024 + 2025 4th
TOR
    waivers anyone
    TOR
    1. 2023 4th round pick (MIN)
    2. 2024 2nd round pick (MIN)
    ANA
    1. Sandin, Rasmus [RFA Rights]
    Additional Details:
    2x1.8M assuming
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the NJD
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$82,500,000$77,809,084$212,500$400,000$4,690,916
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $950,000$950,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $11,640,250$11,640,250
    C
    UFA - 2
    $10,903,000$10,903,000
    RW
    UFA - 3
    $796,667$796,667
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the New Jersey Devils
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
    RW, C
    RFA - 2
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $2,100,000$2,100,000
    RW, C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    Logo of the New Jersey Devils
    $1,700,000$1,700,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
    $1,800,000$1,800,000
    C, LW
    RFA - 2
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $7,500,000$7,500,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 8
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD/RD
    NTC
    UFA - 2
    $4,687,500$4,687,500
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $5,625,000$5,625,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 2
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $1,800,000$1,800,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $1,400,000$1,400,000
    RD
    RFA - 2
    $800,000$800,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $750,000$750,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 2:54 p.m.
    n.1 Topias Vilen fan
    Johnsson is getting traded somewhere without retention. The Devils can't afford to retain. The Devils probably don't do this deal at all anyway.
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 2:54 p.m.
    ah yes, because tor needs more 1st round picks
    Lenny7 liked this.
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 2:56 p.m.
    Kerfoot is not getting a 2nd and 4th in this market unless you want to do half retention
    palhal and DougieGilmour liked this.
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 2:59 p.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    There are so many teams close to the cap they need to dump cap....and the Leafs might be one of those teams.

Nylander's TRADE value? 7m X 2 years. Think of of the return for that Vegas got for 7m X 1 year Max Pacioretty, , 70 point a year player....zero return. That's closer to Nylander's TRADE value, than two first rounders. Johnson retained for Nylander....maybe that's the trade.
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 3:02 p.m.
    do not Devil my ass
    Devils wouldn’t be the team adding in a Nylander - Mercer swap
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 3:04 p.m.
    Saskoiler for now
    Quoting: pretzelcoatl
    Johnsson is getting traded somewhere without retention. The Devils can't afford to retain. The Devils probably don't do this deal at all anyway.

Lol who is taking him? Arizona might take him for future considerations but that probably the best deal you’d get for him.
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 3:05 p.m.
    Dekesaladekes
    Quoting: palhal
    There are so many teams close to the cap they need to dump cap....and the Leafs might be one of those teams.

Nylander's TRADE value? 7m X 2 years. Think of of the return for that Vegas got for 7m X 1 year Max Pacioretty, , 70 point a year player....zero return. That's closer to Nylander's TRADE value, than two first rounders. Johnson retained for Nylander....maybe that's the trade.

as a B's fan there is nothing more id love to see then the, have to give up for nylander and be left with even less offensive fire power but i still think nylander would hold good value look at the minny trade. Minny HAD to move fiala and they still got quite good value for him.

i also think they have alternate ways of clearing cap in that of kerfoot/holl/ muzzin maybe even and i think toronto would rather pay to move them if needed then move nylander for pennies to the dollar.

do i think this trade goes through no, maybe mercer or holtz 1 for 1 but in toronto's case that move might not be half bad, saving cap while also getting younger to extended their Cup competing timeline.
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 3:07 p.m.
    n.1 Topias Vilen fan
    Quoting: Saskleaf
    Lol who is taking him? Arizona might take him for future considerations but that probably the best deal you’d get for him.

He'd get claimed on waivers, he's not worthless. His salary being so low makes him very attractive to cap floor teams like Buffalo, Anaheim, Arizona, and Chicago after Kane and Toews leave. Even if the Devils have to pay to dump him, it won't be with retention. There's no world in which there's retention on a Johnsson trade
    Saskleaf and Tintin liked this.
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 3:12 p.m.
    Saskoiler for now
    Quoting: pretzelcoatl
    He'd get claimed on waivers, he's not worthless. His salary being so low makes him very attractive to cap floor teams like Buffalo, Anaheim, Arizona, and Chicago after Kane and Toews leave. Even if the Devils have to pay to dump him, it won't be with retention. There's no world in which there's retention on a Johnsson trade

Highly doubt he’d get claimed on waivers. Don’t get me wrong, he’s still a useful player and he should have positive trade value, but with how the cap is right now I highly doubt it. And I agree it doesn’t make sense for them to retain on him.
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 3:12 p.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Quoting: Dekes
    as a B's fan there is nothing more id love to see then the, have to give up for nylander and be left with even less offensive fire power but i still think nylander would hold good value look at the minny trade. Minny HAD to move fiala and they still got quite good value for him.

i also think they have alternate ways of clearing cap in that of kerfoot/holl/ muzzin maybe even and i think toronto would rather pay to move them if needed then move nylander for pennies to the dollar.

do i think this trade goes through no, maybe mercer or holtz 1 for 1 but in toronto's case that move might not be half bad, saving cap while also getting younger to extended their Cup competing timeline.

Well LA got five years of Fiala for a mid first and prior mid second round pick. Nylander is just for two years. Well the Leafs are in the situation that they HAVE to move one of Kerfoot (most likely) or Nylander
    Muzzin and his NTC and contract/health....can't be traded.
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 3:13 p.m.
    Banned

lol the sneaky troll strikes again, i see youre getting worse and worse at this
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 3:14 p.m.
    Banned

minny and vegas were also in worse cap hell than the leafs
    Dekes liked this.
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 3:27 p.m.
    Dekesaladekes
    Well LA got five years of Fiala for a mid first and prior mid second round pick. Nylander is just for two years. Well the Leafs are in the situation that they HAVE to move one of Kerfoot (most likely) or Nylander
    Muzzin and his NTC and contract/health....can't be traded.

fiala for Yurov+Faber is a pretty darn good return considering some considered Yurov a top 10 talent in this draft but because he is russian he fell and Faber was a finalist for NCAA defenceman of the year and he's RHD which is even more of a premium.
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 3:32 p.m.
    Mr.

You're very clearly trolling saying that Nylander and Patches has the same trade value under any circumstances lmfao. Comparing Patches and Willy is just asinine in terms of production, HEALTH, age, term, etc. Vegas needed to clear 7 mil. Toronto only really need to trade Kerfoot or Muzzin realistically. And by the off chance that you're actually being serious, i'm afraid to tell you that you've completely lost the plot and i wish you a speedy recovery from whatever happened to ya head.
    c_thompson and vr1995 liked this.
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 3:53 p.m.

This is entirely deranged. You seriously think the going rate for a ~ppg forward on a good contract in their prime is a mediocre middle-six winger just because of one isolated trade with special circumstances? Vegas HAD to clear cap, Toronto does not have to trade Nylander. Like honestly - in what world is "a player worse in every conceivable way" the fair return for Nylander?
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 4:06 p.m.
    Devils keep Mercer. But we will take Joey Anderson for Andreas Johnsson.
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 6:53 p.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Quoting: vr1995
    lol the sneaky troll strikes again, i see youre getting worse and worse at this

Oh, I see that so many Leaf fans think their "core four" can't be traded cause they are just so good. Sorry, to inform you their is big difference between trade value and core value. In what world does anyone think Nylander is worth Mercer and top 15 draft pick?
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 6:59 p.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    fiala for Yurov+Faber is a pretty darn good return considering some considered Yurov a top 10 talent in this draft but because he is russian he fell and Faber was a finalist for NCAA defenceman of the year and he's RHD which is even more of a premium.

Quoting: Ploppz
    You're very clearly trolling saying that Nylander and Patches has the same trade value under any circumstances lmfao. Comparing Patches and Willy is just asinine in terms of production, HEALTH, age, term, etc. Vegas needed to clear 7 mil. Toronto only really need to trade Kerfoot or Muzzin realistically. And by the off chance that you're actually being serious, i'm afraid to tell you that you've completely lost the plot and i wish you a speedy recovery from whatever happened to ya head.

Well I agree with you that Kerfoot is the most realistic option to be trade. But again you are completely living in a fantasy world that NTC Muzzin can be traded. But again so many futile Leaf fans don't want to believe NTC s have meaning or other teams cap. or needs
    The difference between Nylander and Patches is one year at 7m. There production is identical. So additional year of Nylander certainly isn't worth Mercer and good first rounder.
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 7:08 p.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Quoting: c_thompson
    This is entirely deranged. You seriously think the going rate for a ~ppg forward on a good contract in their prime is a mediocre middle-six winger just because of one isolated trade with special circumstances? Vegas HAD to clear cap, Toronto does not have to trade Nylander. Like honestly - in what world is "a player worse in every conceivable way" the fair return for Nylander?

Sorry you fail to comprehend trade value. Leafs need cap and I don't think Nylander will be trade but Kerfoot will. Pacioritty and Nylander's production are the same, and the only difference is Nylander has one more year of control till he's a UFA. Silly to think that Devils would give up 20 year old Mercer who scored 17 goals last season. Gee, where was Nylander playing when he was 20?, and good first round pick too. Gee, dream on that the Leafs can get a good return on Nylander without taking similar cap back in a trade.
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 10:51 p.m.
    Banned
    Oh, I see that so many Leaf fans think their "core four" can't be traded cause they are just so good. Sorry, to inform you their is big difference between trade value and core value. In what world does anyone think Nylander is worth Mercer and top 15 draft pick?

You just suggested nylander is worth future considerations, you are a troll
    Aug. 9, 2022 at 10:54 p.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    You just suggested nylander is worth future considerations, you are a troll

You think 2 years of Nylander is worth a 20 year old, 17 goal scorer and top 10 pick.....you are a delusional troll.
    Aug. 10, 2022 at 1:09 a.m.
    Banned
    You think 2 years of Nylander is worth a 20 year old, 17 goal scorer and top 10 pick.....you are a delusional troll.

Show me where I said that, you actually suggested he would get similar to patches return lmao, you literally said Andreas johnsson retained for nylander, you’re embarrassing, just got to wonder if you’re a sens fan or Habs fan . trolls gonna troll
    c_thompson liked this.
    Aug. 10, 2022 at 1:14 a.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Show me where I said that, you actually suggested he would get similar to patches return lmao, trolls gonna troll

Unfortunately you reading ability is also lacking. Read what I wrote.

Nylander's TRADE value? 7m X 2 years. Think of of the return for th I at Vegas got for 7m X 1 year Max Pacioretty, , 70 point a year player....zero return. That's closer to Nylander's TRADE value, than two first rounders. Johnson retained for Nylander....maybe that's the trade.

I stick to what I wrote.....Nylander's trade is closer to zero than a current 20 year old NHLer, a likely top 10 pick and retained Johnson.
    Johnson at 1.7m would give the Leafs 5.3m in cap space this year.....,.yeah, maybe that's a more reasonable trade for Jersey...and the Leafs.

Think I'm a troll. You're a such a homer and can't see other teams needs/wants and what current trade values are.
    Aug. 10, 2022 at 1:16 a.m.
    Banned
    Unfortunately you reading ability is also lacking. Read what I wrote.

Nylander's TRADE value? 7m X 2 years. Think of of the return for th I at Vegas got for 7m X 1 year Max Pacioretty, , 70 point a year player....zero return. That's closer to Nylander's TRADE value, than two first rounders. Johnson retained for Nylander....maybe that's the trade.

I stick to what I wrote.....Nylander's trade is closer to zero than a current 20 year old NHLer, a likely top 10 pick and retained Johnson.
    Johnson at 1.7m would give the Leafs 5.3m in cap space this year.....,.yeah, maybe that's a more reasonable trade for Jersey...and the Leafs.

Think I'm a troll. You're a such a homer and can't see other teams needs/wants and what current trade values are.

“ Johnson retained for Nylander....maybe that's the trade” lmao and I’m supposed to believe you’re not a troll!?
    Aug. 10, 2022 at 1:27 a.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    “ Johnson retained for Nylander....maybe that's the trade” lmao and I’m supposed to believe you’re not a troll!?

Yep Leafs fill lineup with additional 5.3m in cap space this year, and then 7m next year when Nylander or Johnson isn't a Leafs next season

You're probably one fan that think when Nylander, Matthews, Muzzin and Murray are no longer Leafs in the summer of 2024 as UFA that the Leafs will be short handed in four positions and will be a much worse team. Maybe you don't realize that the Leafs can use that 29m on other players.
    So long....I only communicate with folks honest in their intelligence and thoughts.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll