Trades
TOR
    Future Considerations
    CHI
    1. Abruzzese, Nick [RFA Rights]
    2. Murray, Matt
    3. 2024 4th round pick (TOR)
    Additional Details:
    Doesn’t really matter what it is, but it won’t be any more than a second (Josh Bailey 5M)
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    20$83,500,000$83,343,950$0$0$156,050
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $925,000$925,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    $11,640,250$11,640,250
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $10,903,000$10,903,000
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    LW, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $6,962,366$6,962,366
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $796,667$796,667
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    C, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $2,100,000$2,100,000
    RW, C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $1,150,000$1,150,000
    RW, C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $2,400,000$2,400,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $1,350,000$1,350,000
    RW
    UFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $7,500,000$7,500,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $4,150,000$4,150,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $766,667$766,667
    G
    RFA - 2
    $800,000$800,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $1,400,000$1,400,000
    RD
    RFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $5,625,000$5,625,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jul. 6, 2023 at 5:17 p.m.
    I'll post basically the same as what I posted to the last guy...yes, you are right, it's not THAT bad for Toronto. However, using your roster, you still have 3 roster spots to fill with not enough cap room to sign even 1 minimum salary player. Somehow the Leafs need to free up 2 - 3 million at minimum. They don't have a lot of options to do this and ideally 3 - 4 million to fill out the roster is needed. A big contract WILL be moved. Who? IDK. But Nylander, Brodie or possibly Mariner will most likely be their choices.
    Jul. 6, 2023 at 5:20 p.m.
    Hurricane Waddell
    Man that defense is rough, maybe you should trade Nylander for a defenseman
    vikhodush liked this.
    Jul. 6, 2023 at 5:21 p.m.
    Quoting: HughMann413
    I'll post basically the same as what I posted to the last guy...yes, you are right, it's not THAT bad for Toronto. However, using your roster, you still have 3 roster spots to fill with not enough cap room to sign even 1 minimum salary player. Somehow the Leafs need to free up 2 - 3 million at minimum. They don't have a lot of options to do this and ideally 3 - 4 million to fill out the roster is needed. A big contract WILL be moved. Who? IDK. But Nylander, Brodie or possibly Mariner will most likely be their choices.

Last year the Leafs and several other teams started the year with a 20 man roster. The Leafs will do the same thing this year. They don't need to move anyone outside of Murray.
    jsteed02 and RipNasty liked this.
    Jul. 6, 2023 at 5:21 p.m.

last year they started the year with only 20 skater just like this
    jsteed02 and RipNasty liked this.
    Jul. 6, 2023 at 5:26 p.m.
    Hawks Fan
    What is the word on Abruzzese? Is he NHL ready or is he capped out at fringe AHL NHL guy?
    vikhodush liked this.
    Jul. 6, 2023 at 5:29 p.m.
    Quoting: Caniac555

They scored 2 goals in each of their last 7 playoff games and have been top 10 or better in defensive metrics the last few years. Can we please retire this ancient talking point
    Jul. 6, 2023 at 5:29 p.m.
    Quoting: Jco5ta5
    What is the word on Abruzzese? Is he NHL ready or is he capped out at fringe AHL NHL guy?

Couldn’t really crack the Leafs roster, but maybe a chance at some minutes with a tanking team could unlock something
    Jco5ta5 liked this.
    Jul. 6, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.

They don’t have to fill those roster spots
    Jul. 6, 2023 at 5:31 p.m.
    Ex Nucks fan
    I think teams will ask more than what it took to dump Bailey. The Isles weren’t in as big of a cap crunch as Toronto. The Leafs kind of HAVE to move someone so teams aren’t going to be so easy on them
    SociallyHawkward, TCMonkey, vikhodush and 1 other person liked this.
    Rip

I wonder how many years in a row it will take for you guys to come to grips with the fact that TO knows how to work around the cap as good as any other team and possibly better than anyone else. They had a 19 man roster for stretches last year and made it work. Someone will get hurt and miss time. It's not as bad as you hope and all the hope you have to "screw over the leafs" is all just that, hopes and dreams. Reality is far different.
    jsteed02 liked this.
    Hurricane Waddell
    Pretty sure my comment is based on the defense you’ve presented in this post. Is that the same group you’ve referenced? I don’t seem to recall Klingberg being there last year

Quoting: jsteed02
    They scored 2 goals in each of their last 7 playoff games and have been top 10 or better in defensive metrics the last few years. Can we please retire this ancient talking point
    vikhodush liked this.
    Jul. 6, 2023 at 5:32 p.m.
    Quoting: Juiceman
    I think teams will ask more than what it took to dump Bailey. The Isles weren’t in as big of a cap crunch as Toronto. The Leafs kind of HAVE to move someone so teams aren’t going to be so easy on them

This isn’t how GMs actually think. Bailey was also bought out right away, and maybe Murray would be, but he did actually post an above league average save percentage last season. There is value in having him on your roster as a potential trade target at the deadline if he happens to stay healthy
    Jul. 6, 2023 at 5:33 p.m.
    Rip

The canes don't have any defenceman that can land Nylander. At least none they would trade. Slavin is the only guy who could do it and you won't sort with him. Pesce doesn't come close.
    Jul. 6, 2023 at 5:33 p.m.
    Pretty sure my comment is based on the defense you’ve presented in this post. Is that the same group you’ve referenced? I don’t seem to recall Klingberg being there last year

Point stands. Their season ended because they couldn’t score. Nylander has been their top playoff goal scorer over the past few seasons. They won’t be trading him for a defenceman nor should they be
    Jul. 6, 2023 at 5:34 p.m.
    Rip
    Quoting: Jco5ta5

He'd likely make teams that need depth. Has played several games in the NHL and looks fine.

Quoting: drambui
    last year they started the year with only 20 skater just like this

Quoting: TMLBRIAN
    Last year the Leafs and several other teams started the year with a 20 man roster. The Leafs will do the same thing this year. They don't need to move anyone outside of Murray.

The Leafs used 39 players last year total. Those 3 spots are gonna be used up pretty quickly. Bad management to not carry "scratch" players. They are playing with fire. But alas, using the Leafs history, we can't expect them to make smart roster decisions. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    The Leafs used 39 players last year total. Those 3 spots are gonna be used up pretty quickly. Bad management to not carry "scratch" players. They are playing with fire. But alas, using the Leafs history, we can't expect them to make smart roster decisions. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

cope lmao
    Jul. 6, 2023 at 5:35 p.m.
    Rip

You are talking to a canes fan that think Pesce is worth Nylander. Canes fans call this guy embarrassing
    Hurricane Waddell
    Convince your fellow leafs ACGM mob since I see 15 posts a day trading Nylander to the Canes for some ridiculous package including Pesce.

Point stands. Their season ended because they couldn’t score. Nylander has been their top playoff goal scorer over the past few seasons. They won’t be trading him for a defenceman nor should they be
    vikhodush liked this.
    Convince your fellow leafs ACGM mob since I see 15 posts a day trading Nylander to the Canes for some ridiculous package including Pesce.

They’re not my problem
    Jul. 6, 2023 at 5:37 p.m.
    With Josh Bailey, the Hawks bought a 2nd round pick for 2.33 million (his total cost with the buyout to the Hawks). You are asking to the Hawks to pay 6 million dollars (since they can't buy Murray out) for a pair of 4th rounders as in not going to happen. I get not wanting to pony up a 1st, but that is the value it will take to move 6 million in salary (ask your GM about Monohan). I also get looking at other options of which a buyout of Murray is probably the best one.
    vikhodush, Hawksguy81 and RicXX liked this.
    Rip

Once again, many teams started the season that way and when injuries happen you get emergency call ups. An injury of 10 games or longer allows guys to go on LTIR and you have more room. I am not sure you realize this but you sort of blew up your own statement in the first sentence, TO used 39 players last year and started with 20 man roster. So there's your proof, you found it on your own. Too bad you desire to chirp the leafs clouded your eyes to the fact that you really don't have any argument here.
    Quoting: RipNasty
    I wonder how many years in a row it will take for you guys to come to grips with the fact that TO knows how to work around the cap as good as any other team and possibly better than anyone else. They had a 19 man roster for stretches last year and made it work. Someone will get hurt and miss time. It's not as bad as you hope and all the hope you have to "screw over the leafs" is all just that, hopes and dreams. Reality is far different.

And how many years have the Leafs fallen flat on their faces? Maybe not being smart with the cap and running razor thin balance sheets is not the way to win a cup? 🤷
    Jul. 6, 2023 at 5:38 p.m.
    Rip

90% of those are not leaf fans, they are trolls looking to fight leaf fans or your crew offering Pesce for Nylander in a 1 for 1. Knowing full well it's a slam dunk win for you.
    Jul. 6, 2023 at 5:38 p.m.
    Quoting: RipNasty
    Once again, many teams started the season that way and when injuries happen you get emergency call ups. An injury of 10 games or longer allows guys to go on LTIR and you have more room. I am not sure you realize this but you sort of blew up your own statement in the first sentence, TO used 39 players last year and started with 20 man roster. So there's your proof, you found it on your own. Too bad you desire to chirp the leafs clouded your eyes to the fact that you really don't have any argument here.

Refer to my comment to RipNasty.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll