SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #4: Deadline is Approaching

Mar. 2 at 6:26 p.m.
Can Waddell make a trade that isn’t retaining salary for a potential playoff opponent please
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Quoting: palhal
I think the Flyers owe to their players and fans, not to sell. It will be a good experience for their players to get playoff action, especially their young players, instead of couple second round picks if they sold.

Kinda funny, that the Isles a few years ago, were barely out of playoff spot at TDL They didn't trade Tavares, and still missed the playoffs. And somehow the Isles fans blame Tavares leaving as a UFA. Isles management had a choice to be sellers but didn't.

I looked it up, the Islanders only made 2 trades in that season: Acquiring Brandon Davidson for a 3rd and acquiring Chris Wagner for Jason Chimera at 50% retained
Lifelong Leafs Fan
I think the Flyers owe to their players and fans, not to sell. It will be a good experience for their players to get playoff action, especially their young players, instead of couple second round picks if they sold.

Kinda funny, that the Isles a few years ago, were barely out of playoff spot at TDL They didn't trade Tavares, and still missed the playoffs. And somehow the Isles fans blame Tavares leaving as a UFA. Isles management had a choice to be sellers but didn't.

I looked it up, the Islanders only made 2 trades in that season: Acquiring Brandon Davidson for a 3rd and acquiring Chris Wagner for Jason Chimera at 50% retained
Lifelong Leafs Fan

Lifelong Leafs Fan

Mar. 2 at 6:29 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
As said before if im CGY because of the position of FLA's pick I want Lundell as part of the deal. That above be meh for him, Luostarinen having a down season, 1st be in 2026 and Sam meh will be good one day but not now

Then you got competition from the other FLA team, TBL 0 concern as they will throw a draft class of picks + Perbix and Howard if they really want him.

Perbix is a 3rd pair caliber D and Howard has been mediocre at best in college. Lundell has 3-4 x the value of both Tampa assets you listed
Hakuna Matata
I guess Tampa might do it....if they had the picks. Same if Dubas was still the Leafs GM. Leafs wouldn't have a first or second round pick till the 2030s.

TBL I could see go get Hanifin

Brisbois is bold and is not afraid of all in trades

I could see him significantly overpay for Hanifin involving guys like Howard, Perbix, and picks. Look what he gave for Jeannot

But BOS also is a threat so things get interesting. They have some guys I could see CGY go sure.
Lifelong Leafs Fan
I don’t know why that posted 4 times, my internet is super slow and I only typed it in once. I don’t know how to delete posts either, sorry about that
Mar. 2 at 6:31 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Db1899
Perbix is a 3rd pair caliber D and Howard has been mediocre at best in college. Lundell has 3-4 x the value of both Tampa assets you listed

Perbix be 25 years old and playing with Hedman in rotation with Raddysh. He is basically is a fill in now for Tanev and Hanifin going and someone for CGY to build around later

Howard also had a strong WJ and when u combine a draft class of picks it evens out with TBL having the advantage as they aint afraid to go bold. Might even be more than what I proposed if they really want him

Look at Jeannot trade they aint afraid
Mar. 2 at 6:38 p.m.
What if Jeannot is a piece going back.

He gets a big pay bump next season. Maybe tbl uses him as a chunk of the value for the trade.

Also not trying to be a hater but the Seattle broadcast is like a hockey cliche machine it’s nonstop.
Mar. 2 at 6:39 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
What if Jeannot is a piece going back.

He gets a big pay bump next season. Maybe tbl uses him as a chunk of the value for the trade.

Nah hes not been good and now is hurt why would CGY or anyone want him

Never understood the trade for him to begin with. Unless TBL is taking another bad contract he aint going anywhere
Mar. 2 at 7:19 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Surely Joel Armia is playing his way into positive value.
zk97 liked this.
Mar. 2 at 7:26 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
NSH players not allowed to go to a concert really seems to have woken them up lul
Mar. 2 at 7:29 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Seems both coaches be avoiding Rempe vs. Reaves
Mar. 2 at 8:14 p.m.
Respect Mike Grier
Quoting: edeangel84
Future SJ Shark? They have nothing to lose.

I can't anyone claiming tbh. Maybe Nashville because of Trotz connection and alledged they inquired in the Offseason but idk. Sad tbh.
Mar. 2 at 8:23 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
How have Reaves and Rempe not gone yet
Mar. 2 at 8:34 p.m.
Quoting: LeafsForLife
I don’t know why that posted 4 times, my internet is super slow and I only typed it in once. I don’t know how to delete posts either, sorry about that

Did you press submit multiple times, since your internet’s slow, it’s likely it registered it as sent multiple times
LeafsForLife liked this.
Mar. 2 at 8:44 p.m.
mokumboi
Stray thought: though they're rivals, it's a real shame there aren't more Wild fans on CF.
NorthernLeafsFan05 liked this.
Mar. 2 at 9:04 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
So any deal for Guentzel has to be more prospect then pick based per Friedman

Hes a Knight
Mar. 2 at 9:05 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: mokumboi
Stray thought: though they're rivals, it's a real shame there aren't more Wild fans on CF.

Right? Feels like there are a few fan bases that have zero representation, a few that have a couple devoted users, and then there's the Leafs and Habs
Mar. 2 at 9:08 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
How have Reaves and Rempe not gone yet

Oh Rempe chickened out
Mar. 2 at 9:11 p.m.
Got a hunch Vegas is going to do something big…seem to be in on everyone. Guentzel maybe?
Mar. 2 at 9:12 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Got a hunch Vegas is going to do something big…seem to be in on everyone. Guentzel maybe?

Either they do a blockbuster with CGY or its one of Guentzel/Buchnevich
Mar. 2 at 9:17 p.m.
Quoting: Db1899

He has been pretty good. Michigan State can roll a few good lines, so he may not stick out as much, but second best forward on that team this year.
Mar. 2 at 9:19 p.m.
Either they do a blockbuster with CGY or its one of Guentzel/Buchnevich

They have cap space, assets, picks…and a defending a title. If there is a team that would pull off something big and unexpected, they’d be my bet.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll