SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

The most annoying/incorrect things each team's fans say

Mar. 6, 2018 at 1:17 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Every team's fans sometimes have a player they overvalue, or a prediction for the team that is unlikely. Now even if they DON'T think their team is going to be very good, and many people do, this would still count. Just the most annoying thing each team's fans say, or the most incorrect, or something people say way too much. Just a mix.
Of course for the NY teams, i'm not including myself, as my opinions wouldn't be my opinions if i didn't agree with them (and same with everyone else).

Ducks Fans - "Not sure why a lot of people aren't really big Kesler fans."
Coyotes Fans - "Domi will probably be a superstar in the NHL."
Bruins Fans - "McAvoy will win the Calder."
Sabres Fans - "The Sabres should go in the Leafs/Oilers category for teams that will likely win a bunch of cups."
Flames Fans - "Gaudreau is right up there with Matthews and Eichel."
Hurricanes Fans - "Aho is almost in the Matthews/Laine/Eichel category."
Blackhawks Fans - "Toews is still a top 10 NHL player."
Avalanche Fans - "MacKinnon is going to be as good as McDavid."
Blue Jackets Fans - "Jenner is a future NHL star for sure."
Stars Fans - "Lindell is a future #1 guy on the average team's blueline."
Red Wings Fans - "The Wings could probably get a 1st round pick and a really top prospect for Gust Nyquist."
Oilers Fans - "McDavid will and should win the Hart trophy this year, even though his team's so bad."
Panthers Fans - "They are a very good team for the short term future."
Kings Fans - "Kempe is a future star if not superstar."
Wild Fans - "Dumba will eventually be considered one of the very best defensemen in the NHL."
Canadiens Fans - "Galchenyuk could get the Habs a 1st round pick, a good, young roster player, and a top prospect."
Predators Fans - "The Preds have one of the best prospect groups in the league."
Devils Fans - "Hall will win the Hart trophy."
Islanders Fans - "Bailey is a superstar just because of this year."
Rangers Fans - "The Rangers are still going to make the playoffs this year."
Senators Fans - "The Senators should trade Karlsson."
Flyers Fans - "Oskar Lindblom is a top 5-10 NHL prospect."
Penguins Fans - "The Penguins will win the cup this year, sign Tavares, and then win the cup again."
Sharks Fans - "Vlasic is one of the very best defensemen in the NHL."
Blues Fans - "Pietrangelo should go right up there with Doughty/Burns/Karlsson/Hedman."
Lightning Fans - "NO DOUBT ABOUT IT Vasilevskiy is the best goalie in the NHL."
Leafs Fans - "Matthews is as good as McDavid, if not better."
Canucks Fans - "The Canucks are never going to win the draft lottery, and have no chance at getting a top 3 pick this year."
Golden Knights Fans - "The Knights will sign Perron and Neal for sure, both of them. No question."
Capitals Fans - "Burakovsky could eventually be a superstar, and it looks kind of likely."
Jets Fans - "Myers is a top pairing d-man."

Now, if you see this list, and you are a fan of one of these teams and you don't say the thing for that team, i am not talking about all fans for these teams, just quite a few of them. Not every fan of each team says that team's thing on this list, just some. So i'm not saying you do it for sure. Also, feel free to post your own list!
Mar. 6, 2018 at 1:30 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
You made up a good amount of these.

Name 1 Columbus fan who thinks Jenner is going to be a star (besides @matt59 wink). Name 1 Caps fan that has said Burakovsky is likely to be a superstar. Name 1 Vegas fan that says they'll resign both those guys, especially after trading for Tatar. Name 1 Pens fan that thinks Tavares is a realistic option for them (as ridiculous as Pens fans are, this is even too farfetched wink). Name 1 Florida fan in general. Name 1 Dallas fan that thinks Lindell can be anything more than a top four defenseman. Name 1 Sharks fan that says Vlasic is one of the "very best" dmen in the league. Same thing with a Wild fan and Dumba. Name 1 Preds fan that thinks they have one of the best prospect pools in the league. Name 1 Kings fan that thinks Kempe is going to be a superstar.

And for the bajillionth time, it makes sense for Ottawa to trade EK, and there is a very strong case for Taylor Hall to win the Hart.
ricochetii, LicMysak, Caufzi and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 6, 2018 at 2:08 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz

Name 1 Columbus fan who thinks Jenner is going to be a star (besides @matt59 wink). Name 1 Caps fan that has said Burakovsky is likely to be a superstar. Name 1 Vegas fan that says they'll resign both those guys, especially after trading for Tatar. Name 1 Pens fan that thinks Tavares is a realistic option for them (as ridiculous as Pens fans are, this is even too farfetched wink). Name 1 Florida fan in general. Name 1 Dallas fan that thinks Lindell can be anything more than a top four defenseman. Name 1 Sharks fan that says Vlasic is one of the "very best" dmen in the league. Same thing with a Wild fan and Dumba. Name 1 Preds fan that thinks they have one of the best prospect pools in the league. Name 1 Kings fan that thinks Kempe is going to be a superstar.

And for the bajillionth time, it makes sense for Ottawa to trade EK, and there is a very strong case for Taylor Hall to win the Hart.

lol
Mar. 6, 2018 at 2:10 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

I think as much as Hall's having a good year, i don't see him winning the Hart.
I'm not gonna get into this Karlsson discussion. Neither of us will get the other to agree.
I've seen quite a few Penguins armchair-gm teams titled "4 in a row" for 18-19 or 19-20 with a Tavares signing.
Mar. 6, 2018 at 2:18 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Which Canadiens fans think that Chucky should be traded at all?
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Mar. 6, 2018 at 7:26 a.m.
Senators Fans - "The Senators should trade Karlsson." isn't that the most real thing the senators should do, since he likely isn't resigning with the sens.

Canadians fans should be. trade a first, top prospect, and regular dman for Weber, don't like his contract? weber is going to retire in three years away."
Mar. 6, 2018 at 8:03 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Edited Mar. 6, 2018 at 8:48 a.m.
I might have seen one or two of those, but not enough to be considered ubiquitous.

Most of what I see from a Montreal perspective:
Weber's contract is bad and he's declining.
Pacioretty is declining.
Petry is not a top 4D.
Ridiculous amounts of retention on Weber or Price.

Until recently: Plekanec isn't worth a 2nd and a prospect.

There is a lot more to player values than points, age, and contract. All of which people tend to base 90% of their evaluation on. Additional factors are rarely given proper consideration.

The biggest non-Montreal ones I see, are prospects being valued as equal to, or better than, quality NHLers. Some of them, maybe, eventually.
If you're trading a prospect for an NHLer, you have to mitigate the risk and factor in how long it will be until the other team can expect to get an NHL capable player out of the deal.
Some prospects are indeed untouchable, but if they are touchable (which is an assumption we are at liberty to make as armchair GMs in a fantasy scenario), then they are only worth a portion of what you estimate their ceiling to be.
Mar. 6, 2018 at 8:44 a.m.

^I know there are fans who think he should, but no many think he actually will. Most Bruins fans know that the Calder is pretty much the Art Ross for Rookies lol.
Mar. 6, 2018 at 9:14 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Most Leafs fans don’t think Matthews is better than McDavid. The ones that say it deep done know their wrong to.
Try Canucks fans saying Matthews is worse than Boeser.

Most of these statement are not correct.
Mar. 6, 2018 at 9:46 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
lol

Are you going to defend these statements you made?
Mar. 6, 2018 at 10:24 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
I'm not sure if you guys are understanding this list completely. It's not even as much about 'most' fans for that team as it is 'some' fans for that team. Now sure, it can't be just 1 or 2, but it doesn't need to be 'most' of those team's fans.
Mar. 6, 2018 at 10:24 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: EthanK24
Which Canadiens fans think that Chucky should be traded at all?

Well some Habs fans think that's what they'll get for him if he's traded.
Mar. 6, 2018 at 10:30 a.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
As a leafs fan I do think Mcdavid is better than Matthews. What I believe is that Matthews has the same affect on his teammates as Mcdavid does and that Is on the same petistile as him
Mar. 6, 2018 at 10:32 a.m.
Below Market Value
The most annoying/incorrect thing I've heard a Rangers/Islanders fan say is:

"Every team's fans sometimes have a player they overvalue, or a prediction for the team that is unlikely. Now even if they DON'T think their team is going to be very good, and many people do, this would still count. Just the most annoying thing each team's fans say, or the most incorrect, or something people say way too much. Just a mix.
Of course for the NY teams, i'm not including myself, as my opinions wouldn't be my opinions if i didn't agree with them (and same with everyone else).

Ducks Fans - "Not sure why a lot of people aren't really big Kesler fans."
Coyotes Fans - "Domi will probably be a superstar in the NHL."
Sabres Fans - "The Sabres should go in the Leafs/Oilers category for teams that will likely win a bunch of cups."
Hurricanes Fans - "Aho is almost in the Matthews/Laine/Eichel category."
Blackhawks Fans - "Toews is still a top 10 NHL player."
Avalanche Fans - "MacKinnon is going to be as good as McDavid."
Blue Jackets Fans - "Jenner is a future NHL star for sure."
Stars Fans - "Lindell is a future #1 guy on the average team's blueline."
Red Wings Fans - "The Wings could probably get a 1st round pick and a really top prospect for Gust Nyquist."
Oilers Fans - "McDavid will and should win the Hart trophy this year, even though his team's so bad."
Panthers Fans - "They are a very good team for the short term future."
Kings Fans - "Kempe is a future star if not superstar."
Wild Fans - "Dumba will eventually be considered one of the very best defensemen in the NHL."
Canadiens Fans - "Galchenyuk could get the Habs a 1st round pick, a good, young roster player, and a top prospect."
Predators Fans - "The Preds have one of the best prospect groups in the league."
Islanders Fans - "Bailey is a superstar just because of this year."
Rangers Fans - "The Rangers are still going to make the playoffs this year."
Senators Fans - "The Senators should trade Karlsson."
Flyers Fans - "Oskar Lindblom is a top 5-10 NHL prospect."
Penguins Fans - "The Penguins will win the cup this year, sign Tavares, and then win the cup again."
Sharks Fans - "Vlasic is one of the very best defensemen in the NHL."
Blues Fans - "Pietrangelo should go right up there with Doughty/Burns/Karlsson/Hedman."
Lightning Fans - "NO DOUBT ABOUT IT Vasilevskiy is the best goalie in the NHL."
Leafs Fans - "Matthews is as good as McDavid, if not better."
Canucks Fans - "The Canucks are never going to win the draft lottery, and have no chance at getting a top 3 pick this year."
Golden Knights Fans - "The Knights will sign Perron and Neal for sure, both of them. No question."
Capitals Fans - "Burakovsky could eventually be a superstar, and it looks kind of likely."
Jets Fans - "Myers is a top pairing d-man."

Now, if you see this list, and you are a fan of one of these teams and you don't say the thing for that team, i am not talking about all fans for these teams, just quite a few of them. Not every fan of each team says that team's thing on this list, just some. So i'm not saying you do it for sure. Also, feel free to post your own list!"
krakowitz, Buchnevesey, LicMysak and 3 others liked this.
Mar. 6, 2018 at 10:41 a.m.
I challenge you to find a single person who thinks Oskar Lindblom is a top-five NHL prospect.

The bolded aren't incorrect. All of those players have strong cases for what you are saying is just wrong.
Mar. 6, 2018 at 11:50 a.m.
Buchnevesey
These threads are getting stranger and stranger
Mar. 6, 2018 at 4:09 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I'm not sure if you guys are understanding this list completely. It's not even as much about 'most' fans for that team as it is 'some' fans for that team. Now sure, it can't be just 1 or 2, but it doesn't need to be 'most' of those team's fans.

The point is that NOBODY says a lot of these things. What was the point of doing this if you had to make up at least 1/3 of them?
Buchnevesey liked this.
Mar. 6, 2018 at 5:18 p.m.
The point is that NOBODY says a lot of these things. What was the point of doing this if you had to make up at least 1/3 of them?

33% in generous...I'd put the number more around 85%
Mar. 6, 2018 at 5:48 p.m.
LMFAO Vasilevskiy is the best goalie this year...
Mar. 6, 2018 at 8:12 p.m.
Quoting: ON3M4N
33% in generous...I'd put the number more around 85%

That's generous as well
Mar. 6, 2018 at 8:50 p.m.
Buchnevesey
Literally the only 3 I’ve heard people say are the Oilers, Devils and Senators and none of them are wrong
Mar. 6, 2018 at 11:58 p.m.

Look, it's not my fault we're a cursed franchise
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Mar. 7, 2018 at 10:23 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
LMFAO Vasilevskiy is the best goalie this year...

But one year doesn't make it a 'without a doubt' or at least usually not. Sure, he could be the best goalie in the NHL, but this is just one year so i wouldn't say he's WITHOUT A DOUBT the best goalie.
Mar. 7, 2018 at 10:24 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: phillyjabroni
I challenge you to find a single person who thinks Oskar Lindblom is a top-five NHL prospect.

The bolded aren't incorrect. All of those players have strong cases for what you are saying is just wrong.

I can see why you think that about the 1st and 3rd but Hart trophy winners are never players for bottom teams like the Oilers.
Mar. 7, 2018 at 10:26 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Buchnevesey
These threads are getting stranger and stranger

lol, with some of them i was exaggerating (for example: VAN, TOR, LAK, WSH). Like, a lot of Caps fans overvalue Burakovsky IMO but it's kind of a joke (in a way, some of these are kind of joke answers).

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll