SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2018 Playoffs discussion thread

Apr. 26, 2018 at 11:09 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Bruins 7-4 over Leafs, yeah, the Leafs just went up against a really good team, and some of their top players weren't good enough.

Matthews and Nylander never showed up, our defense was atrocious, and we couldn't get the puck out of our own zone half the time without icing it. Boston deserved the win last night, just a miserable performance by the Leafs.

Got to love that Kapanen goal though.
Apr. 26, 2018 at 1:41 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Daryl
Matthews and Nylander never showed up, our defense was atrocious, and we couldn't get the puck out of our own zone half the time without icing it. Boston deserved the win last night, just a miserable performance by the Leafs.

Got to love that Kapanen goal though.

Yeah, that goal was amazing.
Apr. 26, 2018 at 1:41 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Who else noticed that only 2 of the 8 first round series had any games go to overtime? Lol, 5 OT games in the whole first round, and 4 of them were in the same series.
Apr. 26, 2018 at 9:13 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Go Leafs tonight, but i'm pretty even. I like both teams.

Wow! Whatta game between 2 very good teams. For a moment i thought Leafs could win the series. Till the end of 2nd period. But the fact is Bruins came to 3rd period in desperation mode and unfortunately Leafs just came to that period with just about 5 min left, when they already trailing Bruins by 6x4.

I'm disappointed with Matthews and Nylander in this series. I expected much more from both,specially Matthews, of course, after what he did in regular season and knowing how great he is. But I'll not crush him nevertheless. He's still too young and I'm sure he will be great for Leafs next seasons, including playoffs. Hopefully winning at least one SC, when Pens get tired of win cups. Lol

I great surprise to me was Marleau. He was a disappointing player for the Sharks in playoffs. And he was very good and important to Leafs. Other player that I liked was Plekanec. Another good surprise. Since Bab put his line to play agains Bergeron's, Bruins top line was never the same of the beginning of the series.
Apr. 26, 2018 at 9:47 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Wow, the Caps are bad in the 2nd round ... another loss ...
Willian_Cardoso liked this.
Apr. 27, 2018 at 10:06 a.m.
Buchnevesey
I think we can all accept at this point that Vegas is going 16-0 en route to the cup
Apr. 27, 2018 at 1:17 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Buchnevesey
I think we can all accept at this point that Vegas is going 16-0 en route to the cup

lol
Apr. 27, 2018 at 1:42 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Wow, the Caps are bad in the 2nd round ... another loss ...

Did you watch the game?
Apr. 27, 2018 at 1:46 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz
Did you watch the game?

Some of it. If you watched all of it you'd have a better idea of what happened, but i didn't like what i saw from the Caps in the 3rd.
Apr. 27, 2018 at 1:51 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Some of it. If you watched all of it you'd have a better idea of what happened, but i didn't like what i saw from the Caps in the 3rd.

When they gave up three goals in four minutes? I didn't like that either.

It was a very well played game. Guentzel was able to slow the play down and speed it up at will, and we would either give him all the space he wanted, or we'd leave a guy wide open. I can't blame anyone for the GWG, that was a sick deflection. I can't blame anyone for the Crosby goal either. Ovi had the pass lined up, but it was on edge and took a weird turn/bounce thingy away from him. But we had our chances, especially in the first period. I need two hands to count the number of odd-man rushes we had in the game, and we scored on two of them. That's unacceptable in the playoffs.
Apr. 27, 2018 at 1:53 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
When they gave up three goals in four minutes? I didn't like that either.

It was a very well played game. Guentzel was able to slow the play down and speed it up at will, and we would either give him all the space he wanted, or we'd leave a guy wide open. I can't blame anyone for the GWG, that was a sick deflection. I can't blame anyone for the Crosby goal either. Ovi had the pass lined up, but it was on edge and took a weird turn/bounce thingy away from him. But we had our chances, especially in the first period. I need two hands to count the number of odd-man rushes we had in the game, and we scored on two of them. That's unacceptable in the playoffs.

But it's not about getting chances. You could get 10 great chances and not score on any, and the other team could get only 1 and score on it, and the other team would win. It's about getting goals.
Apr. 27, 2018 at 1:53 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Ovi was great, but as a team, they didn't play a good enough game IMO.
Apr. 27, 2018 at 2:03 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
But it's not about getting chances. You could get 10 great chances and not score on any, and the other team could get only 1 and score on it, and the other team would win. It's about getting goals.

Really? I had no idea that the team who scored more goals won the game. I always thought that it was whichever team broke more sticks. Thank you for informing me on that. shakes head
Apr. 27, 2018 at 2:36 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Really? I had no idea that the team who scored more goals won the game. I always thought that it was whichever team broke more sticks. Thank you for informing me on that. shakes head

lol
Apr. 27, 2018 at 2:37 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Not saying you didn't know that, just pointing it out, because just because they got a lot of chances doesn't mean they played good enough.
Apr. 27, 2018 at 2:59 p.m.
Not saying you didn't know that, just pointing it out, because just because they got a lot of chances doesn't mean they played good enough.

But it's a 7 game series. And if you're getting chances and liking the way you play then you don't mind the loss as much. The caps can come away from last night's game still believing in their game plan and their approach. Compare that to the Sharks. Both teams are down 1 0 in a series. One team is a lot less comfortable.
Apr. 27, 2018 at 3:15 p.m.
How does everyone rank the remaining series from a "how exciting the series should be" standpoint. Or I guess if you were forced to watch a series and no other series, how would rank them?

Mine would be....

#1 - BOS vs TBL
#2 - NSH vs WPG
#3 - PIT vs WSH
#4 - SJS vs VGK

I was torn between the first two, but being a B's fan I had to give that series the edge.
Apr. 27, 2018 at 3:50 p.m.
Quoting: ON3M4N
How does everyone rank the remaining series from a "how exciting the series should be" standpoint. Or I guess if you were forced to watch a series and no other series, how would rank them?

Mine would be....

#1 - BOS vs TBL
#2 - NSH vs WPG
#3 - PIT vs WSH
#4 - SJS vs VGK

I was torn between the first two, but being a B's fan I had to give that series the edge.

I'm with you bud. Go Bolts Go.

PitWsh and SjsVgk have some fun story lines but the other two series should just be really really fun hockey to watch.
Apr. 27, 2018 at 4:02 p.m.
Lets Go Blues

Mine would be....

#1 - BOS vs TBL
#2 - NSH vs WPG
#3 - PIT vs WSH
#4 - SJS vs VGK

More of a Western Conference follower here - I didn't want to jynx anything before the 1st round was over, but I absolutely can't wait for the Nashville - Winnipeg series. Arguably the two best teams amongst a ton of stacked teams this year. Hoping the Jets can knock the Preds out in 7.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Apr. 27, 2018 at 5:02 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Mine would be....

#1 - BOS vs TBL
#2 - NSH vs WPG
#3 - PIT vs WSH
#4 - SJS vs VGK

Not sure about 2-4 but Nashville and Winnipeg is my top series. That's gonna be awesome.
Apr. 27, 2018 at 8:20 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Whatta deja vu after game 1 between Pens and Capitals. They outshot us, but we scored more goals than them as always. It must be so painful to be a Caps fan in playoffs. Their players seems to pee in their pants every single season when they face Pens. Lol

Capitals will still have at least 3 more chances to try to write "Miracle 2". Keep your faith Caps fans. Lol
Apr. 27, 2018 at 8:26 p.m.
Let's go Pens!

Mine would be....

#1 - BOS vs TBL
#2 - NSH vs WPG
#3 - PIT vs WSH
#4 - SJS vs VGK

#1 Pens x Caps
#2 Bruins x Bolts
#3 Preds x Jets
#4 Sharks x Vegas

But if I wasn't Pens fan, Pens x Caps would be #3.
Apr. 27, 2018 at 9:46 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Wow, 36 to 16 in shots for Nashville, and 3-0 Jets in goals.
Apr. 27, 2018 at 10:13 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Wow, 36 to 16 in shots for Nashville, and 3-0 Jets in goals.

It was 24-4 at one point. squinty smile
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Apr. 27, 2018 at 10:50 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
What I learned (by knew already). One player such as Doughty, isn't going to change the Leafs fortunes if it costs them three good players in a trade. Gee, the Doughty can't help the Kings win one game.
Despite the dreams of Ottawa fans that Karlsson and Ryan aren't going to be packaged to Vegas.... Why should Vegas trade with any team, it would only hurt their club.
Mike Babcock is poor game coach.
Jake Gardiner is a fine player for half his games, and lousy for the other half. Too bad for Leafs fans he was the latter in game seven,
If Holtby and/or Grubauer lose to the Pens...their trade value isn't as great as Cap fans hope.
Chara isn't nearly as good as he once was. All he does is win.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll