Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

Jul. 9, 2021 at 7:26 p.m.
Canes fan
Quoting: Devil1122
No one

But I hope barely any players gets bought

I want the Devils to acquire cap dumps

Yeah I don't think the devils even can buyout anyone lol. Like you said, they need to acquire cap. Maybe Fitzy can do what Yzerman was doing by taking in bad contracts and getting picks as sweeteners. They certainly have the cap to do it.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 7:38 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
I believe that the season we're most likely going to get in 21-22, one in which the East is insanely strong and one while the west is much weaker is the absolute best argument to support something that IMO is basic common sense: delete divisions. Just pick the 16 best teams in the league and boom, here are your playoff teams. It's unfair to good teams that they don't get to make the SCP just because they play in the stronger division and/or conference.

For instance in 21-22 the 16 playoff teams could be, per division:
Pacific: Vegas and EDM
Central: COL, MIN and WIN
Metro: NYI, NYR, CAR, WSH, PIT and PHI
Atlantic: MTL, TBL, BOS, FLA and TML

So there you only have 5 western teams but this playoff format would be much more fair to everyone IMO.
Let me know what you guys think.
Saskleaf and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 7:41 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I agree with the top 3

Hopefully Nick Merkley doesn't get a QA

Kharia QA is 1.3mill to much for what he does and Donato's is 2.15mill I dont see them getting QA

Kharia should be at max 1mill and Donato no more than 1.8mill unless you sign him like on a 6 year deal than 2mill or above is fine
Jul. 9, 2021 at 7:52 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: aadoyle
Kharia QA is 1.3mill to much for what he does and Donato's is 2.15mill I dont see them getting QA

Kharia should be at max 1mill and Donato no more than 1.8mill unless you sign him like on a 6 year deal than 2mill or above is fine

I believe Donato is going to Seattle, not many others believe but I think he should/ could be.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 7:54 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: yikes
I believe Donato is going to Seattle, not many others believe but I think he should/ could be.

possibly. If not I dont think SJ gives him a QA and uses the money elsewhere
Jul. 9, 2021 at 7:56 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith

We have too many wingers and while he did play well he didn’t earn the favour of the coaches. I don’t think he should stay so I agree.

Donato’s best destination I think honestly would be Seattle. I don’t see many teams having a good spot for him.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 7:56 p.m.
Brace for the Storm

Which they 10000% should do

Ahem, buy Jones out, ahem, and sign an actual NHL goalie, ahem, sorry got a bad cold here, hope it's not Covidawesome face
Saskleaf liked this.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 7:58 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: yikes
We have too many wingers and while he did play well he didn’t earn the favour of the coaches. I don’t think he should stay so I agree.

Donato’s best destination I think honestly would be Seattle. I don’t see many teams having a good spot for him.

Yeah I think hes probs gonna end up on another team like Colorado or something

someone may sign him to a league min deal if not qualified like Jankowski or Rodrigues got with Pittsburgh. You can never have to much cheap depth.

So rn its either Seattle or no QA and off to UFA free agency where you get league min and got to re-earn your money once again lul in most cases
Jul. 9, 2021 at 8:11 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
got more to the list of non QA

1. Simon
2. Wallmark
3. Zadorov
4. Svechnikov (Detroit not Carolina's)
5. Gaudette (not sure on this one, but could occur mainly due to Chicago's forward depth)

so add that to my current list

Kase
Heinen
Kahun
Kharia
Donato
Jul. 9, 2021 at 8:16 p.m.
Brace for the Storm

1. Simon
2. Wallmark
3. Zadorov
5. Gaudette (not sure on this one, but could occur mainly due to Chicago's forward depth)

Kase
Heinen
Kahun
Kharia
Donato

Benning when he sees Zadorov on the open market will look like a child being offered his favorite candy

Zadorov 5X5 deal coming up, NMC added
A_Habs_fan and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 8:17 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jul. 9, 2021 at 8:22 p.m.
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Benning when he sees Zadorov on the open market will look like a child being offered his favorite candy

Zadorov 5X5 deal coming up, NMC added

nah hes already saving up for 8.25mill of OEL benning just does not learn does he

He even is gonna lose Schmidt to get this guy and thats just sad

now if he has extra space forget the kids get Zadorov is in his mindset
Jul. 9, 2021 at 9:28 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

Add Kharia to the list then. I thought his QA was 1M

Donato still has potential imo and the Sharks need all the help they can get.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 9:29 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

1. Simon
2. Wallmark
3. Zadorov

Kase
Heinen
Kahun
Kharia
Donato

Apparently Zadarov want 5M+ for 5 years
Jul. 9, 2021 at 9:39 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Edited Jul. 9, 2021 at 9:47 p.m.
Every Teams Trade Bait (top 3 from each team, not including UFAs)

Ducks
Henrique
Rakell
Manson

Coyotes
Kessel
Garland
OEL

Bruins
DeBrusk
Ritchie
Kase

Sabres
Eichel
Reinhart
Risto

Flames
Monahan
Giordano
Gaudreau (Hot take)

Hurricanes
Foegele
Skjei
Gardiner

Blackhawks
Zadorov
Strome
Keith

Avalanche
Graves
Compher
Donskoi

Blue Jackets
Domi
Jones
Korpisalo

Stars
Khudobin
Lindell
Comeau

Red Wings
Bertuzzi
Panik
??

Oilers
Neal
Koskinen
Kassian

Panthers
Stralman
Nutivaara
??

Kings
Vilardi
Quick
Athanasiou

Wild
Greenway
Dumba
Rask

Canadiens
Allen
Chairot
Drouin

I'll do a part 2
yikes and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 9:41 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jul. 9, 2021 at 9:59 p.m.

alright time to open the vault and bring out a classic lul

Zadorov at 5mill YIKES
Saskleaf, MitchMarner_16, Devil and 3 others liked this.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 10:10 p.m.
Quoting: CoopsTroops
That's why I spend most of my time on CapFriendly in the forums now.

Yup. That section of this site seems to have the common sense and logic thrown out the window. I didn’t know it was possible that THAT MANY people are that uneducated on player values
Devil, Saskleaf, CoopsTroops and 3 others liked this.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 10:12 p.m.

The loser that’s gonna be stuck with that contract LMAO

Jim Benning move incominggggggggggg
Devil, A_Habs_fan and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 10:42 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jul. 9, 2021 at 10:54 p.m.
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
The loser that’s gonna be stuck with that contract LMAO

Jim Benning move incominggggggggggg

This would be up there with someone on this site claiming Brodie and Holl are the same as Hainsey and Zaitsev. Only similarity those 4 have are the fact they are classified as defenseman lul. I swear benning has a burner account on this site

anyways yeah Zadrov at 5mill is right up his alley next to trying to trade for OEL once again.
MitchMarner_16 liked this.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 11:23 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: mondo
ACGM is a cesspool so I'm going to share my Bertuzzi opinions here:

1. Detroit fans are expecting way too much for him. Even a not-Toronto trade, he's not getting what Mantha got. He's a damn good winger and a been a bright spot for a lackluster Wings era but he's coming off a major back surgery. A 126 point / 208 game statline at 26 doesn't exactly put him in all-star company.
a) I think the Kapanen trade is a good comparison. 1st + B-tier prospect. Anything more and you're overpaying.
2. I'd say I'm more or less indifferent on Toronto actually acquiring him. He'd improve the forward quality of the team and could be cost controlled, but does he help Toronto with their playoff difficulties? He has a grand total of 0 NHL playoff games. If their interest is based on the scenario that Hyman is not returning, does giving up assets for him make the potential price saved on losing Hyman worth it? Personally, I think there are better options for Toronto but I wouldn't mind him on the Leafs. My opinion would depend on the acquisition and contract cost.

Quoting: CoopsTroops
That's why I spend most of my time on CapFriendly in the forums now.

Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Same

@MitchMarner_16

Ya, not sure what has happened to ACGM, everyone on there seems to have slowly lost their minds. I also mostly use the forums now.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 11:37 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Saskleaf
@MitchMarner_16

Ya, not sure what has happened to ACGM, everyone on there seems to have slowly lost their minds. I also mostly use the forums now.

I take a peek from time to time but yeah mostly here now

still though despite it being overblown and spread on this site like a virus in every gm post

Bertuzzi to the leafs would not be such a bad idea. I wont guess how it will happen. I will just let our GM do his thing
Saskleaf liked this.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 11:39 p.m.
Go leafs go
I take a peek from time to time but yeah mostly here now

still though despite it being overblown and spread on this site like a virus in every gm post

Bertuzzi to the leafs would not be such a bad idea. I wont guess how it will happen. I will just let our GM do his thing

Ya, I'm not sure why everyone thinks they need to post 500 Bertuzzi to the leafs deal. Why can't they think of something original lol.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 11:45 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Saskleaf
Ya, I'm not sure why everyone thinks they need to post 500 Bertuzzi to the leafs deal. Why can't they think of something original lol.

The worst part is that most Leaf fans don't know how to value a player

One Leaf fan said that Abruzzse (idk if im spelling that right but I never heard of him) was an A level prospect
Jul. 9, 2021 at 11:48 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jul. 9, 2021 at 11:58 p.m.
The worst part is that most Leaf fans don't know how to value a player

One Leaf fan said that Abruzzse (idk if im spelling that right but I never heard of him) was an A level prospect

you can blame craig button for that one. Abruzzese is a high B level prospect with notable upside granted but I would rather keep him as he does fit a need for us down the road. To bad he had to go get surgery would have liked to see him after his performance the year before in the NCAA with Harvard. Heck torts brother gave him a ton of praise his first year in college 14 goals and 30 assists year one (5th in NCAA). Who knows could have been battling it out with Caufield and Holloway for the Baker this year lul

Like realistically Bertuzzi probs gets slightly more than what Kapenan went for and we will see a similar trade to Muzzin 2 high B prospects and a 1st. I say this because he had back surgery and we got no guarantee he comes back and scores 20 goals or does not suffer more setbacks
Devil liked this.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 12:05 a.m.
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Yup. That section of this site seems to have the common sense and logic thrown out the window. I didn’t know it was possible that THAT MANY people are that uneducated on player values

I was in the uneducated category when I first joined, but it seems like there's just no urgency to learn at times in the ACGMs. You see the same people posting the same crap and just lose your mind trying to explain the same thing over and over again. I feel like everyone who's ever stumbled into the forums and stayed, at the very least, has motivation to learn.
Kotkaniemi15, Devil, A_Habs_fan and 2 others liked this.
Jul. 10, 2021 at 12:07 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
you can blame craig button for that one. Abruzzese is a high B level prospect with notable upside granted but I would rather keep him as he does fit a need for us down the road. To bad he had to go get surgery would have liked to see him after his performance the year before in the NCAA with Harvard. Heck torts brother gave him a ton of praise his first year in college 14 goals and 30 assists year one (5th in NCAA). Who knows could have been battling it out with Caufield and Holloway for the Baker this year lul

Like realistically Bertuzzi probs gets slightly more than what Kapenan went for and we will see a similar trade to Muzzin 2 high B prospects and a 1st. I say this because he had back surgery and we got no guarantee he comes back and scores 20 goals or does not suffer more setbacks

I think Yzerman would get more out of a Bertuzzi. My guess is that it will be similar to the Mantha trade

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll