SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021/22 NHL Season Discussion thread #4 - Eichel?

Nov. 7, 2021 at 3:38 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: aadoyle
Expect a Dallas goalie to potentially be traded as Bishop is ready to come back

Is he though? If he is I'm willing to bet he won't last more than 5 games then he'll be forced to retire because he's back injured, tbh this could be good. If theoretically they trade Dobby to make room for Bish and he's out for the rest of the season that means Oettinger gets the spot.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 3:40 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
I wonder if that previously agreed to deal with the Oilers and Khudobin falls through now that Koskinen appears to be playing up to NHL calibre.

Smith was never a problem in this concept: Holland wanted to upgrade on Koskinen last offseason but couldn't find a buyer for the over-priced Finnish netminder. I'm merely curious as to whether or not the Oilers brass is willing to double down on Mikko's recent performance, which isn't actually too far off of what he's statistically capable of so long as Tippett manages his workload.

The Avalanche make sense save for the part where they're both divisional rivals AND highly probable first round opponents. I think Arizona almost has to be the landing spot for Dobby or there'll be a third team involved that sends a struggling goaltender to the Coyotes. I wonder if some sort of three-way deal between Colorado, Dallas, and Pittsburgh makes some modicum of sense?

To Colorado:
(G) Casey DeSmith

To Pittsburgh:
(G) Anton Khudobin

To Dallas:
(LW) Dylan Sikura
COL 2023 5th Round Pick

As long as Dallas doesn't retain and take back a cap dump I'm willing to trade Dobby for anything, and when I mean anything I'd trade him for a half eaten Timbit.
justaBoss liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 4:06 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
As long as Dallas doesn't retain and take back a cap dump I'm willing to trade Dobby for anything, and when I mean anything I'd trade him for a half eaten Timbit.

They'd probably replace Gurianov with Sikura though if he's able to play bottom-6 role lol
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 4:22 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Issue comes when Smith returns and cap space.

I have a strange feeling its gonna involve Colorado as Francouz just cant stay healthy and they need a better backup. Like he comes back practices one game out again for months.

Rumour has it Dubas wants to sign Francouz next year and run a 1a 1B with Mrazek
yikes liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 4:25 p.m.
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Rumour has it Dubas wants to sign Francouz next year and run a 1a 1B with Mrazek

They’ll be the best LTIR tandem in the league 💪
MatthewsFan, EsoYeezus69, BeterChiarelli and 7 others liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 4:26 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: justaBoss
They'd probably replace Gurianov with Sikura though if he's able to play bottom-6 role lol

Picks it is then, if a literal draft pick is able to get on the ice and take Gurianov’s spot I’ll jump off a bridge. If that happens then we’ll go with Future Considerations.

Watch Future Considerations get on the ice and take Gurianov’s spot because he can grit grind.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 4:27 p.m.
What in tarnation
Picks it is then, if a literal draft pick is able to get on the ice and take Gurianov’s spot I’ll jump off a bridge. If that happens then we’ll go with Future Considerations.

Watch Future Considerations get on the ice and take Gurianov’s spot because he can grit grind.

If this happens, Gurianov really should do some future considerations awesome face
EsoYeezus69 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 4:28 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Would stay off NHL rumours.com that site is worse than Button's Olympic team predictions
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 4:29 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Nov. 7, 2021 at 4:48 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
They’ll be the best LTIR tandem in the league 💪

But would it surpass Grubauer/Francouz. That tandem arguably cost Colorado a cup in 2020 through its injury proneness
Nov. 7, 2021 at 4:31 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Would stay off NHL rumours.com that site is worse than Button's Olympic team predictions

Sarcasm is tough to type, my bad
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 4:33 p.m.
Jinx god
Edited Nov. 7, 2021 at 4:42 p.m.
But would it surpass Grubauer/Francouz. That tandem arguably cost Colorado a cup in 2020.

Yeah no, as a Stars fan they were both miles worse than Hutch believe it or not.

Plus Tampa would’ve spanked them if they would’ve gotten there.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 5:01 p.m.
Jinx god

neutral
yikes, zk97 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 5:18 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Smith was never a problem in this concept: Holland wanted to upgrade on Koskinen last offseason but couldn't find a buyer for the over-priced Finnish netminder. I'm merely curious as to whether or not the Oilers brass is willing to double down on Mikko's recent performance, which isn't actually too far off of what he's statistically capable of so long as Tippett manages his workload.

The Avalanche make sense save for the part where they're both divisional rivals AND highly probable first round opponents. I think Arizona almost has to be the landing spot for Dobby or there'll be a third team involved that sends a struggling goaltender to the Coyotes. I wonder if some sort of three-way deal between Colorado, Dallas, and Pittsburgh makes some modicum of sense?

To Colorado:
(G) Casey DeSmith

To Pittsburgh:
(G) Anton Khudobin

To Dallas:
(LW) Dylan Sikura
COL 2023 5th Round Pick

That could work
Nov. 7, 2021 at 5:51 p.m.
😂

EsoYeezus69 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 5:54 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

💀
Nov. 7, 2021 at 6:06 p.m.
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Quoting: Db1899
😂

Yes I would like a man with no legs to play for me in the playoffs. Thanks GM of the year Lou.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 6:06 p.m.
What should NYR do with Kaapo Kakko?

He has no points and only 10 SOG in 8GP this season., despite averaging over 15 mins per game in TOI. He looks totally invisible on the ice so far this season. If they try to send him down to Hartford, he might refuse to report and demand a trade, like Lias Andersson and Vitali Kravtsov did. Do they ride it out with him? At what point do you take him out of the lineup, 20 games? Sooner? He's a major liability for a team that already ranks near the bottom of the NHL in Goals scored.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 6:10 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Brian2016

He has no points and only 10 SOG in 8GP this season., despite averaging over 15 mins per game in TOI. He looks totally invisible on the ice so far this season. If they try to send him down to Hartford, he might refuse to report and demand a trade, like Lias Andersson and Vitali Kravtsov did. Do they ride it out with him? At what point do you take him out of the lineup, 20 games? Sooner? He's a major liability for a team that already ranks near the bottom of the NHL in Goals scored.

Trade him and give his spot to Kravtsov would probs be the scenario best for both players.

Cause honestly I think he needs a change of scenery cause after the Panarin reports it seems there are issues far beyond just poor play.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 6:11 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: Devil1122

💀

Looks like social media teams are hiring 13 year-olds nowadays. It's the Hurricanes twitter person's twin brother
EsoYeezus69, zk97, A_Habs_fan and 2 others liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 6:11 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: Devil1122

💀

I’m trying to figure out if they’re talking about his height or the fact that he’s done jack sh*t.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 6:12 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
Yes I would like a man with no legs to play for me in the playoffs. Thanks GM of the year Lou.

I was a fan of the signing - it was low risk, the problem is no matter how bad he plays Trotz will play him 20+ min per game, this is a Trotz issue.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 6:22 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: Brian2016

I was thinking on this earlier and in terms of a change-of-scenery deal, ironically Lafreniere's name was one that came up. The Rangers' deployment of their young forwards has been abysmal and there needs to be a serious dive into why. Anderssen, Kravtsov, Kakko, and Lafreniere have all spectacularly under-delivered in the Big Apple thus far.

My best guess is you could send him down for a short stint consequence-free but the best move forward would probably be packaging Kakko+ to get Trouba out of town simply for the cap space.

Trade him and give his spot to Kravtsov would probs be the scenario best for both players.

Cause honestly I think he needs a change of scenery cause after the Panarin reports it seems there are issues far beyond just poor play.

Link?
Brian2016 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 6:27 p.m.
I'm sitting at about 8. I spend the majority of my day complaining about Blake Comeau so I don't have the time to post that much and when I do it's still me complaining about Blake Comeau.

i dont blame you for complaining about blake comeau lmao
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 6:29 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I was thinking on this earlier and in terms of a change-of-scenery deal, ironically Lafreniere's name was one that came up. The Rangers' deployment of their young forwards has been abysmal and there needs to be a serious dive into why. Anderssen, Kravtsov, Kakko, and Lafreniere have all spectacularly under-delivered in the Big Apple thus far.

My best guess is you could send him down for a short stint consequence-free but the best move forward would probably be packaging Kakko+ to get Trouba out of town simply for the cap space.

Link?

https://theathletic.com/2669814/2021/06/24/what-comes-next-for-the-rangers-five-predictions-based-on-the-latest-from-chris-drury-and-gerard-gallant/

And this is the quote

E4pT-2_WYAAdtlC?format=jpg&name=large
BeterChiarelli, A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 6:40 p.m.
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Edited Nov. 7, 2021 at 7:13 p.m.
I find it funny that quite literally NYR fans (not all) would rather keep Krav and Kakko as “untouchables” then trading them unless they get a ransom.

Which is so odd because a team who is absolutely struggling with youth development would rather see their team “ride out” these players than say you know… trade them like how they’ve acquired Fox, Mika, Strome…. etc..

I mean at some point I would feel bad as the GM, just wasting this kids potential because I think this stagnant asset will change without a change of scenery. All I’m saying….

Kakko
Kravstov
Cap/ Roster Player
1st (protected)

Balance the trade to beat the VGK (which it already has imo)

To top the Eichel/ VGK move. That’s what the Rangers should have done imo.
A_Habs_fan, Db1899, Devil and 2 others liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll