MTL
        6 or 7th
        MTL
          No one wants him. They’d have to pay for someone to take them
          MTL
          1. Moore, John
          2. 2022 1st round pick (BOS)
          Additional Details:
          Best case scenario they get a 1st round pick but they have to take a bad contract back. I don’t believe what Friedman says
          MTL
          1. Bowers, Shane
          2. 2023 2nd round pick (COL)
          COL
          1. Lehkonen, Artturi
          Additional Details:
          This is what Lehkonen is worth. His offence isn’t good enough to get a 1st round pick back
          MTL
            I’d be shocked if anyone wants him for positive assets without sending significant cap back. If Montreal was willing to retain 2 million, he might get a 2nd and a B- prospect
            Buyouts
            DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
            Logo of the CGY
            Logo of the CAR
            Logo of the BOS
            Logo of the MTL
            Logo of the MTL
            Logo of the ANA
            Logo of the CAR
            Logo of the MTL
            Logo of the TBL
            Logo of the MTL
            Logo of the MTL
            Logo of the MTL
            Logo of the STL
            Logo of the MTL
            Logo of the MTL
            Logo of the COL
            Logo of the MTL
            Logo of the MTL
            Logo of the MTL
            Logo of the CGY
            Logo of the MTL
            Logo of the MTL
            Logo of the MTL
            Logo of the MTL
            Logo of the MTL
            Logo of the MTL
            Logo of the MTL
            Logo of the MTL
            ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
            19$81,500,000$62,648,308$597,561$1,675,000$18,851,692
            Left WingCentreRight Wing
            Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
            $4,500,000$4,500,000
            LW
            UFA - 3
            $950,000$950,000
            C, LW, RW
            UFA - 1
            $6,500,000$6,500,000
            RW, LW
            M-NTC, NMC
            UFA - 6
            $917,831$917,831
            LW, RW
            UFA - 1
            $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
            C
            UFA - 1
            $5,500,000$5,500,000
            RW, LW
            M-NTC
            UFA - 6
            $750,000$750,000
            LW, RW
            UFA - 1
            $750,000$750,000
            C, LW
            UFA - 2
            $880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
            LW, RW
            UFA - 2
            $750,000$750,000
            C
            UFA - 1
            $750,000$750,000
            C
            UFA - 1
            Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
            $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$200,000$200K)
            C
            RFA - 1
            Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
            $10,500,000$10,500,000
            G
            NMC
            UFA - 5
            $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
            LD
            RFA - 1
            $750,000$750,000
            G
            UFA - 1
            $761,250$761,250
            LD/RD
            RFA - 1
            $750,000$750,000
            G
            UFA - 1
            $750,000$750,000
            LD/RD
            UFA - 1
            Logo of the Boston Bruins
            $2,750,000$2,750,000
            LD
            UFA - 2
            ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
            $5,500,000$5,500,000
            LW, RW
            M-NTC
            UFA - 2
            $7,857,143$7,857,143
            RD
            UFA - 5
            $4,450,000$4,450,000
            C
            UFA - 4
            $875,000$875,000
            LD/RD
            M-NTC
            UFA - 3
            $3,500,000$3,500,000
            RD
            UFA - 4
            $2,875,000$2,875,000
            G
            UFA - 2
            $950,000$950,000
            LW, RW, C
            UFA - 1
            $750,000$750,000
            G
            UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
            • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 3:48 p.m.
            Quoting: ricochetii
            I was agreeing with the other post and I'm well aware of Chiarot's stats, so not sure why you're quoting them to me?

You were talking about "playoff types", I'm pointing out that Chiarot wasn't great in the playoffs either. That should have been self-evident.
            mokumboi liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 3:55 p.m.
            Quoting: vr1995
            I am so perplexed that there are GMs that would pay said price for Chiarot, it makes me question my sanity and makes me rethink if im the one being biased or ignorant. hes not good at all "playoff type" is a load of bs

Have you ever seen him in the playoffs?
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 3:59 p.m.
            Pretty close I reckon, which is why Habs fans on the whole are setting themselves up for a world of disappointment.
            mokumboi, CD282, RazWild and 2 others liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:10 p.m.
            mokumboi
            Quoting: F50marco
            I think this is pretty realistic and frankly, I would be pretty happy with this TDL if this happened.

I think the discrepancy is in how much MORE those guys cost than Chiarot. ANA isn't just asking for a 1st for Lindholm. They're also asking for a top prospect too, maybe more. Same with Klingberg. I think teams are way more willing to "settle" for a lesser player but also a lesser value going out too. Plus there are quite few teams all interested in a cheap cost effective dman. If one team gets Manson and the other gets Giordano, that 3rd team for example is left with going HUGE with Chychrun/Klingberg/Lindholm or much less with Chiarot for example. Heck maybe that 3rd team doesn't even have the right assets to acquire one of those guys in the first place so their options are more limited. Who knows?

We seem to think that because MTL is asking for a 1st for Chiarot that all the other teams selling players are asking for the exact same return so all these guys are equal "good". If Im Dallas, Im selling Klingberg for minimum of double what MTL is asking for Chiarot. Which may be pricing some teams out, right out of the gate. Imagine the backlash if a GM got less for Klingberg than MTL got for Chiarot...

Also just to add, teams need the player they're acquiring to be as cheap as possible as pretty much all contenders are cap strapped. Chiarot at 50% retained is 1.75M. Thats more manageable than ALL of the other players mentioned without a 3rd team retaining. Arizona only has 1 more retention spot so everyone can't be using them as the easy "we'll just get a 3rd team to retain" scenario either. Even with another team involved, that's yet another asset they'd have to trade off to get that 3rd team to retain a second time. For some teams, they might see the final cost as too much.

Its not that Chiarot is soooo good that soooo many teams want him. Its that of the group of guys that they like (Chiarot including), he'll probably be the cheapest to acquire AND in cap. I'd rather have Chychrun too but if its going to cost Two 1sts and two of your best prospects to get him, maybe Chiarot becomes the easy plan B if all the other good Dman are taken and teams are getting down to the wire on TDL that making a big move would take too long to do.

Im not even sure the 1st HAS to be in the trade. I think Hughes would be fine with just prospects and a late pick or whatever. I think the combined value has to reach a 1st but doesn't have to be a 1st specifically. Either way, we'll see.

1- I think you're overstating the asking prices for UFAs like Lindholm and Klingberg. I have not seen anyone suggest or report that Lindholm will require a 1st and a top prospect. Nobody on Earth thinks Klingberg will fetch two 1sts. Not only are they not worth all that, but again, it's a buyer's market. That affects everyone's price.

2- There are also a good number of players who are better, younger and cheaper (in both acquisition cost and salary) than Chiarot. It's not just a big mall of high ticket items out there. There's plenty for every budget available.
            CD282 and RaZZe liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:12 p.m.
            Quoting: BobbyPSC

We all saw him just last year. He was the worst of Montreal's top-4. He did get away with a lot of dirty plays, but he didn't defend very well.
            mokumboi liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:14 p.m.
            KFTW
            Quoting: mokumboi
            1- I think you're overstating the asking prices for UFAs like Lindholm and Klingberg. I have not seen anyone suggest or report that Lindholm will require a 1st and a top prospect. Nobody on Earth thinks Klingberg will fetch two 1sts. Not only are they not worth all that, but again, it's a buyer's market. That affects everyone's price.

2- There are also a good number of players who are better, younger and cheaper (in both acquisition cost and salary) than Chiarot. It's not just a big mall of high ticket items out there. There's plenty for every budget available.

Teams don’t give up 2 1sts for rentals. Klingberg and Lindholm will probably get a 1st and a couple of B prospects each . That’s how it’s always been. But rentals don’t get a teams top 5 prospect
            mokumboi, RazWild and RaZZe liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:15 p.m.
            KFTW

Mark Stone was a rental and Calgary didn’t want to give up Valimaki or Dube. Winnipeg didn’t want to give up Vesalainen. Nashville didn’t want to give up Tolvanen. Even though Mark Stone was a 1st line player. It just shows how much teams don’t value rentals that much
            TJTwolf liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:18 p.m.
            mokumboi
            Quoting: csick
            Teams don’t give up 2 1sts for rentals. Klingberg and Lindholm will probably get a 1st and a couple of B prospects each . That’s how it’s always been. But rentals don’t get a teams top 5 prospect

... unless they're Habs rental items. Then they get a 1st and a top prospect and a 3rd AND a strawberry cheesecake. And not one of those bull**** cheesecakes where they just spread some coulis on top, no. I mean actual strawberries mixed into the cheesecake-type strawberry cheesecake. With fancy chocolate stripes running all across the top, too.
            csick, RaZZe and justaBoss liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:22 p.m.
            Beanmachine
            Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
            It might be their values, but it's not what they are gonna be traded for, so you can do this all you want, you'll be wrong on pretty much all of em

Because your predictions have been so accurate so far - lol!
            csick, mokumboi and TJTwolf liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:22 p.m.
            CapMean
            Quoting: RaZZe
            Pretty much everyone outside of Montreal agrees with you grin. He's a defensive defenseman who can't defend

That's a pretty lazy analysis...

I think you all need to be reminded that David Savard fetched a 1st and a 3rd last year (plus a 4th to DET to retain). Chiarot >>> Savard.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:23 p.m.
            CapMean
            Quoting: CD282
            You were talking about "playoff types", I'm pointing out that Chiarot wasn't great in the playoffs either. That should have been self-evident.

Chiarot was a beast in the playoffs that you clearly never watched.
            BobbyPSC liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:23 p.m.

How can you suggest they aren't? Even though the two 1sts was reference to Chychrun, not Klingberg but even if it were a 1st and a prospect for example, thats still less than what MTl would get for Chiarot.

Its been documented the Habs are asking for a 1st by many different people, one would think a guy like Klingberg is going to cost more than it'll cost for Chiarot, no?

"Better". Yet Chiarot's name keep coming up. Listen im not here to say he's a superstar or anything but teams say they want him. Reporters are saying teams want him. Maybe they value him differently than the fans do? It wouldn't be the first time.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:25 p.m.
            Mark Stone was a rental and Calgary didn’t want to give up Valimaki or Dube. Winnipeg didn’t want to give up Vesalainen. Nashville didn’t want to give up Tolvanen. Even though Mark Stone was a 1st line player. It just shows how much teams don’t value rentals that much

I think we're all talking about different things. The two 1sts comment is in ref to Chychrun. Not Kingberg or any other rental.
            csick liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:26 p.m.
            KFTW
            I think we're all talking about different things. The two 1sts comment is in ref to Chychrun. Not Kingberg or any other rental.

I think Chychrun gets at least 3 1sts equivalent imo
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:27 p.m.
            I think Chychrun gets at least 3 1sts equivalent imo

I was talking just literal 1sts in one package, not necessarily prospects taken in the 1st round also but yeah I think thats what the price will be.
            csick liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:35 p.m.
            mokumboi
            How can you suggest they aren't?

Even though the two 1sts was reference to Chychrun, not Klingberg but even if it were a 1st and a prospect for example, thats still less than what MTl would get for Chiarot.

Its been documented the Habs are asking for a 1st by many different people, one would think a guy like Klingberg is going to cost more than it'll cost for Chiarot, no?

"Better". Yet Chiarot's name keep coming up.

Listen im not here to say he's a superstar or anything but teams say they want him. Reporters are saying teams want him. Maybe they value him differently than the fans do? It wouldn't be the first time.

1- Umm common sense? History? Actual sourced reports that have come out? Pick your favorite. squinty smile

2- You said "If Im Dallas, Im selling Klingberg for minimum of double what MTL is asking for Chiarot." = a minimum of two 1sts for Klingberg. That's what I was responding to.

3- Heh. What they want to ask for and what they can actually get are often very different things. In no way, shape or form is Chiarot worth a 1st, and so far nobody is willing to pay that. So... worth is not set by a supposed asking price. Worth is set by what someone will pay.

But yes, Klingberg should draw a good bit more than Chiarot. Maybe even double, like you said - only Chiarot probably ain't gonna draw a 1st, unless Hughes gets some dummy stupid drunk.

4- Chiarot's name "keeps coming up" because there's never been more THW-level BS out there. It ain't because he's that good, or that much in demand.

5- What teams have said they want him? Anyone at all? Parroting Twitter nobodies with wiggle room words does not count. ESPECIALLY from Friedman. I mean actual sourced journalism reports. Where are they? Show us.
            TJTwolf liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:35 p.m.
            Banned
            Quoting: BobbyPSC

he was -6 on a cinderella playoff run that got his ass saved by carey price
            mokumboi, justaBoss and TJTwolf liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:46 p.m.
            I think many contenders would be jumping at the opportunity of adding Petry at 4 mill

problem is that it is 4 years of Petry
            csick and TJTwolf liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:51 p.m.
            Quoting: CapMean
            That's a pretty lazy analysis...

I think you all need to be reminded that David Savard fetched a 1st and a 3rd last year (plus a 4th to DET to retain). Chiarot >>> Savard.

Yeah, but Savard was also one of the only UFA dmen that moved (and was playing better than Chiarot is now). This year, there's about 15 UFA defensemen on the move plus players with term like Chychrun and even Sanheim and Provorov.

Supply and demand, Chiarot is not the hot stuff on the market.
            mokumboi, RazWild and TJTwolf liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:57 p.m.
            Banned
            Quoting: RaZZe
            Yeah, but Savard was also one of the only UFA dmen that moved (and was playing better than Chiarot is now). This year, there's about 15 UFA defensemen on the move plus players with term like Chychrun and even Sanheim and Provorov.

Supply and demand, Chiarot is not the hot stuff on the market.

thats what people dont get "look what savard got" as if savard wasnt better at the time
            RaZZe and TJTwolf liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 4:59 p.m.
            1- Umm common sense? History? Actual sourced reports that have come out? Pick your favorite. squinty smile

2- You said "If Im Dallas, Im selling Klingberg for minimum of double what MTL is asking for Chiarot." = a minimum of two 1sts for Klingberg. That's what I was responding to.

3- Heh. What they want to ask for and what they can actually get are often very different things. In no way, shape or form is Chiarot worth a 1st, and so far nobody is willing to pay that. So... worth is not set by a supposed asking price. Worth is set by what someone will pay.

But yes, Klingberg should draw a good bit more than Chiarot. Maybe even double, like you said - only Chiarot probably ain't gonna draw a 1st, unless Hughes gets some dummy stupid drunk.

4- Chiarot's name "keeps coming up" because there's never been more THW-level BS out there. It ain't because he's that good, or that much in demand.

5- What teams have said they want him? Anyone at all? Parroting Twitter nobodies with wiggle room words does not count. ESPECIALLY from Friedman. I mean actual sourced journalism reports. Where are they? Show us.

1 - You are using "CF" common sense. When has actual GM's ever done the opposite? Come on now........ Im not saying I'd do it but I think you're adding your own flavor to the idea that he's not. There is no such thing as a source stating " STL is ready to pay a 1st for x player". Im not sure what you are expecting to see?

2 - Yeah im saying IF I were Dallas. Not what Dallas is doing. I have no idea what Dallas is doing. But I can see the confusion there.

3 - Once again, your own opinion is showing here. Im not even advocating Chiarot WILL get a first. Just whats being talked about and why some MAY be interested. As for getting GM's drunk...... yeah. I think more than half the GM's in the league are juiced most of the time. How else do you explain some of the trades they make? haha That's making my point, frankly.

4 - Maybe. Maybe not. You certainly don't have any credibility/authority to prove otherwise so its either we trust what you say or what literally all the "insiders" are saying.

5 - once again, if you think teams, in a negotiation, are going to publicly say "i want X player and we're going to pay exactly this for him too", I don't know what to tell you. That NEVER happens. All we can go on is hearsay, rumours and the publications/people that stake their reputation on the things they say. Like ones saying that teams are interested in him. He's going to be traded. Its impossible to say otherwise. It might even be to STL. What's up for debate is the price tag. Not that teams would or wouldn't be interested. Like I said previously, It doesn't even have to be a 1st in return. So who cares if a team has a 1st this year or not.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 5:02 p.m.
            Quoting: vr1995
            thats what people dont get "look what savard got" as if savard wasnt better at the time

Yeah. He was the best available defenseman of the deadline since guys like Dunn and Ekholm weren't traded.
            csick and TJTwolf liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 5:02 p.m.
            Quoting: CD282
            We all saw him just last year. He was the worst of Montreal's top-4. He did get away with a lot of dirty plays, but he didn't defend very well.

Quoting: CapMean
            Chiarot was a beast in the playoffs that you clearly never watched.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 5:06 p.m.
            Quoting: ricochetii
            It's not you, it's NHL GMs. They believe in "playoff types".

Ex-to the friggin-actly.

If we look at the CF trades forum comments, apparently every trade someone gets fleeced so we have to remember MANY GM's perceive things different than we do if they are making these trades in the first place.
            ricochetii liked this.
            Feb. 16, 2022 at 5:19 p.m.
            mokumboi
            1 - You are using "CF" common sense. When has actual GM's ever done the opposite? Come on now........ Im not saying I'd do it but I think you're adding your own flavor to the idea that he's not. There is no such thing as a source stating " STL is ready to pay a 1st for x player". Im not sure what you are expecting to see?

2 - Yeah im saying IF I were Dallas. Not what Dallas is doing. I have no idea what Dallas is doing. But I can see the confusion there.

3 - Once again, your own opinion is showing here. Im not even advocating Chiarot WILL get a first. Just whats being talked about and why some MAY be interested. As for getting GM's drunk...... yeah. I think more than half the GM's in the league are juiced most of the time. How else do you explain some of the trades they make? haha That's making my point, frankly.

4 - Maybe. Maybe not. You certainly don't have any credibility/authority to prove otherwise so its either we trust what you say or what literally all the "insiders" are saying.

5 - once again, if you think teams, in a negotiation, are going to publicly say "i want X player and we're going to pay exactly this for him too", I don't know what to tell you. That NEVER happens. All we can go on is hearsay, rumours and the publications/people that stake their reputation on the things they say. Like ones saying that teams are interested in him. He's going to be traded. Its impossible to say otherwise. It might even be to STL. What's up for debate is the price tag. Not that teams would or wouldn't be interested. Like I said previously, It doesn't even have to be a 1st in return. So who cares if a team has a 1st this year or not.

1- There's no such thing as sourced reports about impending trades? Eh? And I'm not doing any CF anything. In fact, that's precisely what I'm debating against. Yet again.

2- Heh. Mmmnokay.

3- It's my opinion that what teams want to ask for and what they can actually get are often two different things? I fail to see how that's anything more than a Captain Obvious ice cold take. As for my contention that Chiarot is not worth a 1st, gosh, I'll guess we'll find out for sure soon enough.

4- Oh good heavens. I have all the credibility required to spot a THW-level non-report, especially when the same one gets parroted ad nauseum. Don't you?

5- You literally stated that "teams say they want him". Verbatim. I simple asked where you got this from, with the proviso that is should be a legit source. Do you have an actual answer to that perfectly reasonable request to back up your statement of fact or not? You can't keep saying things as if they're facts and then deflect to ridicule the other guy every time someone asks for a source for your claim.
            TJTwolf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
            Question:
            Options:
            Add Option
            Submit Poll