SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Discussion Thread #16

Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:04 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Wish Amirov the best of luck, sucks this might kill his career

I'd say there's a large chance his career is over, but I hate speculating
zk97, justaBoss, MitchMarner_16 and 4 others liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:05 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: mondo
goaltenders are forbidden to have slumps

Mainstream Caps thinking in a nutshell
capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:05 a.m.
holy f*cking hell i hope amirov is okay that’s reallllly bad
justaBoss, KSIxSKULLS, MitchMarner_16 and 5 others liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:07 a.m.
Quoting: justaBoss
That's probably something the Leafs should tackle near the deadline. They need another top-4 defensive D-man, because Muzzin tends to be injured every time there's a need for one.

It's true. Don't get me wrong, a goalie shouldn't rely on his defence alone, but when your best defenceman goes down, obviously your job is going to be a bit harder.

I just don't know who toronto should target, and with what assets. Our prospect pool is pretty depleted and our forward corps doesn't have much that can be offloaded.

According to Elliotte Friedman, we kicked the tires on Klinger, Quote from him being: "one of the guys Toronto looked at over the last month is Klingberg. He is someone they considered. But they didn’t do it. For Toronto, they were looking for D. I think they decided that if they were doing a rental, they weren’t going to be trading a first-round pick for it. I also don’t think they were doing one of their top prospects for a rental.” Apparently the asking price is a 1st and a top prospect, too much for a rental if we learned anything from Foligno.

By not wanting to trade a 1st as Friedman said, it lowers our pick of guys to trade for.
zk97, justaBoss and capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:07 a.m.
What in tarnation
That's really unfortunate on Amirov...
EsoYeezus69, zk97, KSIxSKULLS and 4 others liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:08 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
It's true. Don't get me wrong, a goalie shouldn't rely on his defence alone, but when your best defenceman goes down, obviously your job is going to be a bit harder.

I just don't know who toronto should target, and with what assets. Our prospect pool is pretty depleted and our forward corps doesn't have much that can be offloaded.

According to Elliotte Friedman, we kicked the tires on Klinger, Quote from him being: "one of the guys Toronto looked at over the last month is Klingberg. He is someone they considered. But they didn’t do it. For Toronto, they were looking for D. I think they decided that if they were doing a rental, they weren’t going to be trading a first-round pick for it. I also don’t think they were doing one of their top prospects for a rental.” Apparently the asking price is a 1st and a top prospect, too much for a rental if we learned anything from Foligno.

By not wanting to trade a 1st as Friedman said, it lowers our pick of guys to trade for.

Leafs aren't going to get anybody substantial without trading a 1st or a half decent prospect
MitchMarner_16 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:09 a.m.
Jinx god
Sucks for Amirov, seemed like a good kid. Really unfortunate it happened.

Never mind end is career, there’s a chance it might have a major effect on his life.
zk97, KSIxSKULLS, NoVaSpartan and 6 others liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:11 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan

The Caps will gladly give you Schultz for Robertson wink
capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:11 a.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

HOLY **** that's terrible

Quoting: SevenLeg
Oh no that's so so so sad. Leafs prospect Rodion Amirov diagnosed with a brain tumor.

Holy sh*t. He's freaking 20. Thats so sad, he's got his whole life ahead of him. All the best to rodion, wishing a full recovery.

This goes WAY beyond hockey, value, potential, and the leafs, this is some scary sh*t and someone's life.
NoVaSpartan, zk97, EsoYeezus69 and 5 others liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:12 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
The Caps will gladly give you Schultz for Robertson wink

Knowing this is a joke, I think they'd be looking at Jensen first. Suppose they want a D with term.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:14 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Sucks for Amirov, seemed like a good kid. Really unfortunate it happened.

Never mind end is career, there’s a chance it might have a major effect on his life.

Terrible news for everybody. Most importantly Amirov's health is most important, but how does this affect the Leafs TD plans? Losing your top prospect has to effect them trading away picks and players to win now
zk97, MitchMarner_16, EsoYeezus69 and 3 others liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:16 a.m.
I swear If i hear anyone from leafsnation b*tching about the fact that "we picked amirov with a first" or "wasted the pick" or "now he's useless" im driving over there to beat them over the head with some reality

this is beyond hockey and someone's life I really don't care about that sh*t when someone's life is at stake.
zk97, NoVaSpartan, MatthewsFan and 7 others liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:17 a.m.
Terrible news for everybody. Most importantly Amirov's health is most important, but how does this affect the Leafs TD plans? Losing your top prospect has to effect them trading away picks and players to win now

Obviously it affects us, but I don't think management is too worried about his value rn. We have other prospects we can deal
zk97, capsfan2121, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:18 a.m.
I swear If i hear anyone from leafsnation b*tching about the fact that "we picked amirov with a first" or "wasted the pick" or "now he's useless" im driving over there to beat them over the head with some reality

this is beyond hockey and someone's life I really don't care about that sh*t when someone's life is at stake.

i was gonna say there’s gonna be some idiot in acgm that does this i can almost guarantee
some people don’t care about issues when it doesn’t concern them, the only problem they’d see with amirov’s tumor is that “oH wE cAnT tRaDe HiM aNd EnGvAlL fOr McDaViD”
NoVaSpartan, capsfan2121, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:18 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

This is fukcin terrible. I wish him and his family the best.

Seeing **** like, “how will this effect the Leafs” “will probably end his career” is kinda sad tho.
zk97, capsfan2121, A_Habs_fan and 4 others liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:23 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
With this horrible Amirov situation, I hope he recovers and is still able to play hockey. This does create a couple questions:

A. could we see a team try to grab his rights for minimum value, banking on the small chance I see him having to come back and play?

B. I saw a lot of Amirov mock trades before this, so who becomes the prospect Toronto could deal for upgrades? without looking too much at Toronto's farm system, could it be Niemala or Robertson perhaps?
capsfan2121, zk97 and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:36 a.m.
torontos finest
With this horrible Amirov situation, I hope he recovers and is still able to play hockey. This does create a couple questions:

A. could we see a team try to grab his rights for minimum value, banking on the small chance I see him having to come back and play?

B. I saw a lot of Amirov mock trades before this, so who becomes the prospect Toronto could deal for upgrades? without looking too much at Toronto's farm system, could it be Niemala or Robertson perhaps?

It would be unbelievably classless to trade Amirov right now. The kid is going through one of the worst experiences you can, possibly facing the end of his career, so imagine if his agent came up to him and said "Oh by the way the Leafs traded you to Bumble**** Utah". Wouldn't be something the Leafs would do.
EsoYeezus69, Bobcat205, A_Habs_fan and 6 others liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:39 a.m.
cautious optimism

A: Definitely not now, but maybe sometime down the line if things go well with recovery.

B: It's probably gonna be Nick Robertson. I saw Robertson in trades a lot more often than Amirov, so really there won't be much change.
capsfan2121 and zk97 liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:41 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: mondo
It would be unbelievably classless to trade Amirov right now. The kid is going through one of the worst experiences you can, possibly facing the end of his career, so imagine if his agent came up to him and said "Oh by the way the Leafs traded you to Bumble**** Utah". Wouldn't be something the Leafs would do.

Is Rodin the one leaf fans complain about because schieder was available
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:41 a.m.
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: SevenLeg
Oh no that's so so so sad. Leafs prospect Rodion Amirov diagnosed with a brain tumor.

HOLY **** that's terrible

Wish Amirov the best of luck, sucks this might kill his career

That’s terrible to hear. My brother died of a brain tumour. I hope the same doesn’t happen to Amirov.
SevenLeg, justaBoss, capsfan2121 and 7 others liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:42 a.m.
SHL NJD GM
Quoting: capsfan2121
Is Rodin the one leaf fans complain about because schieder was available

Yes
capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:42 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Yes

Poor kid
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:45 a.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: Saskleaf
That’s terrible to hear. My brother died of a brain tumour. I hope the same doesn’t happen to Amirov.

I'm sorry to hear that.
Saskleaf, capsfan2121, zk97 and 4 others liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:54 a.m.
WentWughes
Obviously it affects us, but I don't think management is too worried about his value rn. We have other prospects we can deal

I don't mean his value, I mean the outlook of their prospect core. Losing your best prospect (potentially forever) makes your shallow prospect pool even smaller
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:55 a.m.
Quoting: Saskleaf

Thats horrible, sorry to hear it.
Saskleaf, zk97 and EsoYeezus69 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll