SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Discussion Thread #16

Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:56 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: MatthewsFan

This is fukcin terrible. I wish him and his family the best.

Seeing **** like, “how will this effect the Leafs” “will probably end his career” is kinda sad tho.

I mentioned his health is the most important thing and that's what the main focus is, but I'm still going to ask those questions because at the end of the day, this entire website is about hockey and NHL teams. Next time tag me
Saskleaf, zk97, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 9:57 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: Saskleaf
That’s terrible to hear. My brother died of a brain tumour. I hope the same doesn’t happen to Amirov.

I know somebody who had to give up their dream (racing career) due to pressure on his brain (could kill him), but he's had it for 10+ years now and is still going strong so there's hope here that it's not life threatening
zk97, Saskleaf and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 10:00 a.m.
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
I know somebody who had to give up their dream (racing career) due to pressure on his brain (could kill him), but he's had it for 10+ years now and is still going strong so there's hope here that it's not life threatening

There are different kinds brain tumours. Hopefully Amirov has a minor type. I’m assuming he will survive this brain tumour.
zk97, MitchMarner_16, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 10:03 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
I mentioned his health is the most important thing and that's what the main focus is, but I'm still going to ask those questions because at the end of the day, this entire website is about hockey and NHL teams. Next time tag me

Having a family member deal with cancer I’m probably a little more touchy about the subject. For me personally, just being positive and thinking about his well being and family should be first and foremost.

But agreed this is a hockey site, so go ahead. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to stay off here and Twitter after already seeing “should never have drafted him” “career over” and so on.

This is larger than sports I just wish his family and him prayers.
Saskleaf, zk97, Bobcat205 and 3 others liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 10:06 a.m.
I was just talking to someone who's knowledgeable in the medical field, particularly with cancer. She said the chances of recovery lie solely on what type of tumor it is; and the leafs understandably havent and most likely won't release that.

She said in big medical terms, basically, that best case is if the tumor is near the skull and away from critical parts of the brain, meaning doctors can operate on it and get rid of it fully and greatly increase his chances of full recovery.

Worst case she said, is the tumor is deep in the brain, near a critical part such as the brain stem, making the only option chemotherapy, which is a pie in the sky depending on how agressive the tumor is.

Bottom line, is if they can perform surgery, his chances of full recovery are higher. If they can't, unfortunately his chances of never being able to play again, or dying are much higher.
Saskleaf, Bobcat205, zk97 and 4 others liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 10:08 a.m.
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
I was just talking to someone who's knowledgeable in the medical field, particularly with cancer. She said the chances of recovery lie solely on what type of tumor it is; and the leafs understandably havent and most likely won't release that.

She said in big medical terms, basically, that best case is if the tumor is near the skull and away from critical parts of the brain, meaning doctors can operate on it and get rid of it fully and greatly increase his chances of full recovery.

Worst case she said, is the tumor is deep in the brain, near a critical part such as the brain stem, making the only option chemotherapy, which is a pie in the sky depending on how agressive the tumor is.

Bottom line, is if they can perform surgery, his chances of full recovery are higher. If they can't, unfortunately his chances of being able to play again, or dying, are much higher.

Exactly. Some tumours have like a 0% survival rate, and there have very high survival rates. I hope Amirov type has a high survival rate.
zk97, MitchMarner_16, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 10:12 a.m.
SHL NJD GM
Having a family member deal with cancer I’m probably a little more touchy about the subject. For me personally, just being positive and thinking about his well being and family should be first and foremost.

But agreed this is a hockey site, so go ahead. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to stay off here and Twitter after already seeing “should never have drafted him” “career over” and so on.

Yes, I do agree that his well-being and family should be in our thoughts first and this is larger than sports but it's kind of human nature to wonder what happens next. There will be idiots who take it too far but I don't think someone who goes for a genuine discussion about what's next while still staying in line hurts much. I have also seen the effects of cancer 1st hand too
MitchMarner_16, MatthewsFan, Saskleaf and 2 others liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 10:15 a.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Yes, I do agree that his well-being and family should be in our thoughts first and this is larger than sports but it's kind of human nature to wonder what happens next. There will be idiots who take it too far but I don't think someone who goes for a genuine discussion about what's next while still staying in line hurts much. I have also seen the effects of cancer 1st hand too

Same here. I'm pretty sure most to all people have been affected by cancer in some form or another.
A_Habs_fan, zk97, Saskleaf and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 10:20 a.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Same here. I'm pretty sure most to all people have been affected by cancer in some form or another.

I've had one myself when I was younger - nerve cells cancer (neuroblastoma).
MitchMarner_16, zk97, Saskleaf and 2 others liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 10:22 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Very fair, I don’t agree with it but simple answer is stay off social.
A_Habs_fan and Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 10:25 a.m.
Quoting: SevenLeg

Wow thats insane, great to hear that you recovered tho!
SevenLeg, zk97, Saskleaf and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 10:27 a.m.
WentWughes
There are different kinds brain tumours. Hopefully Amirov has a minor type. I’m assuming he will survive this brain tumour.

He's receiving treatment and still skating 3x a week so im assumikg it isnt life threatensing

Well that's another level, I'm not trying to say that whatsoever. He's still a human and like I mentioned every time, human life is way above hockey or anything else in this matter
zk97, A_Habs_fan and Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 10:33 a.m.
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: SevenLeg

Wow! Glad to see you recovered. That must have been hard.
zk97, KSIxSKULLS and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 10:35 a.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Wow! Glad to see you recovered. That must have been hard.

I was still in pre-school, don't remember much, but we're lucky to live in a 1st-world country with good and accessible healthcare.
Saskleaf, zk97, MitchMarner_16 and 3 others liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 11:07 a.m.
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Edited Feb. 23, 2022 at 11:14 a.m.
If Chabot was on a team like Tampa or Florida - he wins the Norris imo.

Full time partner (Zub should be glued to Chabot but he isn’t), not playing 30 minutes a night, actual team depth.

That guy is sick.
zk97, Saskleaf, Alfie11 and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 11:35 a.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: justaBoss
Wouldn't that be a blessing in a disguise in a sense?

Wouldn't have to face TB in the first round if that happens.

That may be and that's how the club will spin it.
However, the reality will see TML slipping down into 8th and basically not playing well leading into the playoffs.
Pressure will be white-hot and the consolation opponent will be another excellent Eastern club that's likely firing on all cylinders!
good luck w/ that
Feb. 23, 2022 at 11:37 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
I say one good thing about Zach Parise in ACGM and someone says "i dont watch hockey" lmao i hate it there
A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf, MitchMarner_16 and 7 others liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 11:37 a.m.
SHL NJD GM
Quoting: McGruff
That may be and that's how the club will spin it.
However, the reality will see TML slipping down into 8th and basically not playing well leading into the playoffs.
Pressure will be white-hot and the consolation opponent will be another excellent Eastern club that's likely firing on all cylinders!
good luck w/ that

I feel like Toronto's best shot is to slip in the Metro, Tampa and Florida are too good and you won't face Boston unless teams collapse/suddenly go on a streak
McGruff and Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 11:40 a.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
I feel like Toronto's best shot is to slip in the Metro, Tampa and Florida are too good and you won't face Boston unless teams collapse/suddenly go on a streak

Likely a better shot true, but CAR is likely the consolation prize, ouch!!
Saskleaf and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 11:49 a.m.
SHL NJD GM
Quoting: McGruff
Likely a better shot true, but CAR is likely the consolation prize, ouch!!

Leafs fans would get to see Freddy Andersen in playoff mode though
McGruff, SevenLeg, MitchMarner_16 and 2 others liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 11:50 a.m.
GM CRIME DAWG

CF needs a "Double-Like-Button" LOL
zk97, Saskleaf, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 11:54 a.m.

Im willing to put money down that CAR bows out in the first round because of the curse of freddy andersen
McGruff, capsfan2121 and Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 23, 2022 at 12:03 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Is Justin Shultz and a third fair for Schueneman, Corey
Feb. 23, 2022 at 12:05 p.m.
Quoting: capsfan2121
Is Justin Shultz and a third fair for Schueneman, Corey

scheuneman's gonna cap at a third pair dman i wouldnt give up that much for him
Feb. 23, 2022 at 12:07 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Zuki9797
scheuneman's gonna cap at a third pair dman i wouldnt give up that much for him

Part of it is to dump Justin but he still is a good player that fits the habs need right now because of injuries.
zk97 and DucharmetheDOMinator liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll