SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Off-season Discussion Thread - #3

Jun. 28, 2022 at 10:54 a.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: Db1899
If a random isles blogger claimed that the Habs have interest in trading the #1 pick for Anthony Beauvillier and every other ACGM was about that, I’m sure Habs fans would be very rational about it

Key word is random blogger here. It's one thing to be annoyed with an idea proposed by fans on the internet, but when one claims he's the most anti-Anderson CapFriendly user or calling a solid middle six guy an AHLer because they're annoyed with an idea proposed by random people on the internet...strange. There's legit no reason to hate the player besides rumours; he's not a Marchand or a Kadri or a Wilson I think people are going way too far.
A_Habs_fan and Saskleaf liked this.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 11:16 a.m.
Quoting: SevenLeg
Key word is random blogger here. It's one thing to be annoyed with an idea proposed by fans on the internet, but when one claims he's the most anti-Anderson CapFriendly user or calling a solid middle six guy an AHLer because they're annoyed with an idea proposed by random people on the internet...strange. There's legit no reason to hate the player besides rumours; he's not a Marchand or a Kadri or a Wilson I think people are going way too far.

Obviously when things like this catch fire I’m going to speak on if it involves the team im a fan of, but I’ve always disliked Josh anderson. He has always been extremely overrated, I never said he’s an AHL player , I said he’s closer to an AHL player than a top 6 winger.Anderson is a low IQ 4th liner who has a negative impact most of the time he’s on the ice. I also didn’t say i hate the guy, I just hate the way he plays the game , no different than I how I feel about guys like Leddy, Zaitsev etc. All of them are extremely dumb players who look like beer leaguers a majority of the time. Anderson just happens to be the one in rumors right now.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 11:29 a.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Obviously when things like this catch fire I’m going to speak on if it involves the team im a fan of, but I’ve always disliked Josh anderson. He has always been extremely overrated, I never said he’s an AHL player , I said he’s closer to an AHL player than a top 6 winger.Anderson is a low IQ 4th liner who has a negative impact most of the time he’s on the ice. I also didn’t say i hate the guy, I just hate the way he plays the game , no different than I how I feel about guys like Leddy, Zaitsev etc. All of them are extremely dumb players who look like beer leaguers a majority of the time. Anderson just happens to be the one in rumors right now.

Well I think he's a lot better than what you're describing, but to each his own I guess. I feel like he'd make any contending team instantly better no matter what analytics say as long as he's not paired with very cerebral players like Crosby, Marner or Suzuki. He has consistency issues. An extremely fast power-forward who's able to score 20 goals and get 45+ points in the right circumstances is pretty much what I'd wish to draft with a 13-16th overall pick. It's just my opinion, though, most people would rather have a much softer guy because his analytics look prettier.
UpsideDownQue and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 11:49 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Well I think he's a lot better than what you're describing, but to each his own I guess. I feel like he'd make any contending team instantly better no matter what analytics say as long as he's not paired with very cerebral players like Crosby, Marner or Suzuki. He has consistency issues. An extremely fast power-forward who's able to score 20 goals and get 45+ points in the right circumstances is pretty much what I'd wish to draft with a 13-16th overall pick. It's just my opinion, though, most people would rather have a much softer guy because his analytics look prettier.

Anderson has scored 20 goals only once or twice in his career and he’s approaching 30 on a bad contract. That’s not a player I’m giving any top 64 pick for. Josh Bailey outproduced him this year. The islanders need a top line winger who would complement Barzal, and Anderson is the complete opposite of that. It’s obviously going to be frustrating for islanders fans when pieces like Raty, 13 OA and Beauvillier are being used as trade pieces for Anderson in ACGM. I haven’t seen one islanders fan want to trade for Anderson, the Anderson to NYI trades are completely one sided
Db1899 and Tintin liked this.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 11:56 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Bobby Mac’s list is out

Some interesting names that are low considering how they are ranked in other publications
zk97, Saskleaf and yikes liked this.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 11:57 a.m.

Anderson was on pace for less than 40 points the past two seasons despite playing 2nd line minutes with good players. He produces at a 4th line rate, so contending team shouldn’t be playing him more than 10-11 min per game - and when he’s not scoring he doesn’t do anything else that contributes to winning hockey games. Isn’t that important?

You don’t even need analytics to prove Anderson is a 4th line plug and he’s not even hard to play against. He can’t execute simple tape to tape passes, he’s fast but he doesn’t think the game quick enough to have a positive impact. Anderson has one move off the rush and he is literally too stupid to play on the powerplay. He was by far the Habs worst forward in the playoffs. He had 2 good games and the rest of the time he was a complete liability. Just my opinion, but that’s probably not what you want your 13-16th pick to turn into.
AndrewLadd and Saskleaf liked this.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 11:59 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Anderson was on pace for less than 40 points the past two seasons despite playing 2nd line minutes with good players. He produces at a 4th line rate, so contending team shouldn’t be playing him more than 10-11 min per game - and when he’s not scoring he doesn’t do anything else that contributes to winning hockey games. Isn’t that important?

You don’t even need analytics to prove Anderson is a 4th line plug and he’s not even hard to play against. He can’t execute simple tape to tape passes, he’s fast but he doesn’t think the game quick enough to have a positive impact. Anderson has one move off the rush and he is literally too stupid to play on the powerplay. He was by far the Habs worst forward in the playoffs. He had 2 good games and the rest of the time he was a complete liability. Just my opinion, but that’s probably not what you want your 13-16th pick to turn into.

At the end of the day one of Lambert, Yurov, Nazar≠Anderson
Db1899 and Tintin liked this.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:02 p.m.
Quoting: AndrewLadd
At the end of the day one of Lambert, Yurov, Nazar≠Anderson

It is highly likely two out of Nazar/Lambert/Yurov will hit 50 pts (something Anderson has never done) by the time Andersons contract ends.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:02 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Anderson has scored 20 goals only once or twice in his career and he’s approaching 30 on a bad contract. That’s not a player I’m giving any top 64 pick for. Josh Bailey outproduced him this year. The islanders need a top line winger who would complement Barzal, and Anderson is the complete opposite of that. It’s obviously going to be frustrating for islanders fans when pieces like Raty, 13 OA and Beauvillier are being used as trade pieces for Anderson in ACGM. I haven’t seen one islanders fan want to trade for Anderson, the Anderson to NYI trades are completely one sided

1. He just turned 28. Two prime hockey years is a lot to neglect just to round a number.
2. Are we also going to forget that he scored 19 goals twice, in 63 and 69 games? And he was on a 26-goal pace last year during the shortened season.

I get the frustration as a Canadiens fan who's consistently dealing with #1OA trades for Lafrenière or Dubois - doesn't change my opinion on the players, best I can do is laugh at the proposal.
A_Habs_fan and Saskleaf liked this.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:05 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
1. He just turned 28. Two prime hockey years is a lot to neglect just to round a number.
2. Are we also going to forget that he scored 19 goals twice, in 63 and 69 games? And he was on a 26-goal pace last year during the shortened season.

I get the frustration as a Canadiens fan who's consistently dealing with #1OA trades for Lafrenière or Dubois - doesn't change my opinion on the players, best I can do is laugh at the proposal.

It’s not like 2 years of prime Josh Anderson is anything crazy. The islanders don’t need another borderline 20 goal scorer. We already have Palmieri, Pageau, Beauvillier and Barzal for that. Also, a 26 goal pace isn’t hard to accomplish if you’re an NHL player considering his linemates. Also, I’m sure it’s even more frustrating w the Dubois trades because Jets fans will invade the comments saying that would be a bad trade for the Jets 😂
Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:07 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain

If you're convinced he was the Habs's worst forward in the playoffs and that he's nothing more than a 4th line plug, I'll just leave it at that because it's pretty clear that your frustration on the Anderson mock trades is overtaking your common sense.
A_Habs_fan, zk97, Saskleaf and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:13 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
It’s not like 2 years of prime Josh Anderson is anything crazy. The islanders don’t need another borderline 20 goal scorer. We already have Palmieri, Pageau, Beauvillier and Barzal for that. Also, a 26 goal pace isn’t hard to accomplish if you’re an NHL player considering his linemates. Also, I’m sure it’s even more frustrating w the Dubois trades because Jets fans will invade the comments saying that would be a bad trade for the Jets 😂

Oh yeah his super good linemates.

FWWhqYpXgAEKPUT?format=png&name=900x900

-Only Nick Suzuki and Jeff Petry can be considered good linemates in 20-21
-Jonathan Drouin is viewed by fans of every other team as a complete liability
-It was Edmundson's only good offensive season because he was paired with Petry
-Shea Weber was falling apart
-Jesperi Kotkaniemi played like a newborn Bambi who couldn't skate
-Romanov, Chiarot, and Kulak are defensive guys and not responsible for his 26-goal pace.
Saskleaf and Hurricanes_WPG liked this.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:14 p.m.
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Bobby Mac’s list is out

Some interesting names that are low considering how they are ranked in other publications

Gauthier at 5 is a choice… to say the least, I have him at 22, really not sure what’s the hype around Gauthier, to me he looks like at best a good 2nd liner and he currently needs to improve on being consistently good in both zones
EsoYeezus69 and Saskleaf liked this.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:15 p.m.
If you're convinced he was the Habs's worst forward in the playoffs and that he's nothing more than a 4th line plug, I'll just leave it at that because it's pretty clear that your frustration on the Anderson mock trades is overtaking your common sense.

6 pts in 22 games , went 12 games without a point and was a defensive liability. Habs fans were complaining about him most of the playoffs. If you want to ignore the facts, that’s on you.

If you produce at a 4th line rate, can’t execute simple passes and don’t bring anything to the game when you’re not scoring, that is a 4th line caliber forward. It seems like you can’t accept what Anderson really is
Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:18 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Gauthier at 5 is a choice… to say the least, I have him at 22, really not sure what’s the hype around Gauthier, to me he looks like at best a good 2nd liner and he currently needs to improve on being consistently good in both zones

Ya, some pretty interesting choices here. Mac's rankings are usually a great insight into how the NHL scouts currently see things.

July 7th can't come fast enough, really think we could see a lot of trades happening if guys are falling
Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:20 p.m.
Oh yeah his super good linemates.

FWWhqYpXgAEKPUT?format=png&name=900x900

-Only Nick Suzuki and Jeff Petry can be considered good linemates in 20-21
-Jonathan Drouin is viewed by fans of every other team as a complete liability
-It was Edmundson's only good offensive season because he was paired with Petry
-Shea Weber was falling apart
-Jesperi Kotkaniemi played like a newborn Bambi who couldn't skate
-Romanov, Chiarot, and Kulak are defensive guys and not responsible for his 26-goal pace.

“Jonathan drouin is a viewed by fans of every other team as a complete liability” .

That is irrelevant , because Drouin led the Habs in primary assists per 60 min during the 20-21 season. Let’s just ignore that because it doesn’t fit the narrative.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:21 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Bobby Mac’s list is out

Win-win for the Devils
Im happy if they get Slaf or Wright
Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:21 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
6 pts in 22 games , went 12 games without a point and was a defensive liability. Habs fans were complaining about him most of the playoffs. If you want to ignore the facts, that’s on you.

If you produce at a 4th line rate, can’t execute simple passes and don’t bring anything to the game when you’re not scoring, that is a 4th line caliber forward. It seems like you can’t accept what Anderson really is

He produced at a better rate 5v5/60 than the so-good Anthony Beauvillier over the past two seasons. Why are people making a big deal out of a 4th liner swap?
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:23 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
“Jonathan drouin is a viewed by fans of every other team as a complete liability” .

That is irrelevant , because Drouin led the Habs in primary assists per 60 min during the 20-21 season. Let’s just ignore that because it doesn’t fit the narrative.

Literally everyone calls him an abysmal, soft cap dump. Is it relevant that he led the team in primary assists because Anderson, his most common linemate, was scoring the goals?
A_Habs_fan and zk97 liked this.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:26 p.m.
He produced at a better rate 5v5/60 than the so-good Anthony Beauvillier over the past two seasons. Why are people making a big deal out of a 4th liner swap?

Beauvillier destroyed him in points per 60 last season and was miles better in the playoffs (you know, when it matters). Beauvillier also contributes a lot more to winning hockey games when he’s not scoring. Can’t say the same about Anderson.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:27 p.m.
Literally everyone calls him an abysmal, soft cap dump. Is it relevant that he led the team in primary assists because Anderson, his most common linemate, was scoring the goals?

Just because fans view him as a cap dump doesn’t mean he’s a bad player. You’re not stupid, you know who was driving the offense. You just don’t want to admit it. You care so much about being right.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:28 p.m.
Just because fans view him as a cap dump doesn’t mean he’s a bad player. You’re not stupid, you know who was driving the offense. You just don’t want to admit it. You care so much about being right.

Since when was Drouin driving offence lol? He’s never been the guy who drive offence, anyone who watches the Habs knows that, Anderson definitely isn’t amazing since he’s inconsistent but he’s still a low end 2nd liner
SevenLeg liked this.
Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:34 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Beauvillier destroyed him in points per 60 last season and was miles better in the playoffs (you know, when it matters). Beauvillier also contributes a lot more to winning hockey games when he’s not scoring. Can’t say the same about Anderson.

Last season when the Habs were dead last in scoring and the roster was a revolving door? The lines were shuffling like crazy as the team had the most man-games lost ever since they're tracking the stat. Using a two-year sample size that fits Anderson's play since he was acquired is much more representative.

Does posting a significantly better defensive WAR than Beauvillier count as "contributing to winning games when he's not scoring"?

FWWmr7EXkAIh1jb?format=png&name=medium
FWWmr7EXgAEDlFw?format=png&name=medium
Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:36 p.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Since when was Drouin driving offence lol? He’s never been the guy who drive offence, anyone who watches the Habs knows that, Anderson definitely isn’t amazing since he’s inconsistent but he’s still a low end 2nd liner

Bold calling him a 2nd liner when he doesn’t produce at a 2nd line rate. What does he do that makes him a 2nd liner?
Jun. 28, 2022 at 12:39 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Bold calling him a 2nd liner when he doesn’t produce at a 2nd line rate. What does he do that makes him a 2nd liner?

Producing at a better 5v5 rate than Beauvillier - the perfect top 6 guy.

Both would make a killer fourth line if they're paired with a guy like Nicolas Deslauriers or Matt Nieto.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll