Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: Alfie11
5th after the top 3 + Benson

Good spot, I love Dvorsky
Alfie11 liked this.
Jul. 14, 2022 at 5:25 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle

So happy the Leafs are giving Siepmann and Fimis a shot
BuFfaLOFaN, aadoyle, Remus and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 14, 2022 at 5:27 p.m.
If you want to see a very mature NHL player who talks like he is going to be a star watch Devon Levi's press conference. Levi is going to be the future of the buffalo net hopefully.
Jul. 14, 2022 at 7:28 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Where does he have Dvorsky going?

5, after the big 3 and Zach Benson
Jul. 14, 2022 at 7:32 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle

Omg I love this so much, so many OHL guys (and some Canadian NCAA guys) are getting a shot, ya love to see it.

Shoutout to Ty and Dylan Jackson who are from my hometown, and Marco Constantini, Noah Van Vliet, and Avery Hayes from the Bulldogs.
aadoyle liked this.
Jul. 14, 2022 at 7:34 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Remus
Omg I love this so much, so many OHL guys (and some Canadian NCAA guys) are getting a shot, ya love to see it.

Shoutout to Ty and Dylan Jackson who are from my hometown, and Marco Constantini, Noah Van Vliet, and Avery Hayes from the Bulldogs.

Gonna be watching a lot of these guys and who knows like what happened with Kressler maybe one impresses enough for an ELC

Still gonna be most excited to see Knies-Tverberg-Voit
Remus and Saskleaf liked this.
Jul. 15, 2022 at 8:59 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Edited Jul. 15, 2022 at 9:09 a.m.
I’m little excited - Eklund, Bords, Merkley, Ozzy, Gushchin all had great performances at the Sharks prospect tourney. They’re solid as we all know - but the 2022 class stood out but more importantly..

one guy has stunned the tournament and SJ writers - Cameron Lund.

Masisak is quoted as “If there are 33 better picks then this guy this 2022 class across the league is far better than we thought”.

Others are speechless at how good Cameron Lund was.
A few clips and watching some of the game reel; man that kid has potential.
BuFfaLOFaN and MatthewsFan liked this.
Jul. 15, 2022 at 9:26 a.m.
Quoting: yikes
I’m little excited - Eklund, Bords, Merkley, Ozzy, Gushchin all had great performances at the Sharks prospect tourney. They’re solid as we all know - but the 2022 class stood out but more importantly..

one guy has stunned the tournament and SJ writers - Cameron Lund.

Masisak is quoted as “If there are 33 better picks then this guy this 2022 class across the league is far better than we thought”.

Others are speechless at how good Cameron Lund was.
A few clips and watching some of the game reel; man that kid has potential.

Sharks going back to the playoffs this year? Got to knock off Vancouver and Calgary and fight for a wild card?
Jul. 15, 2022 at 10:11 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Sharks going back to the playoffs this year? Got to knock off Vancouver and Calgary and fight for a wild card?

So many people are worried that Grier won’t let the prospects play in the NHL. If he does that - I think we miss due to a lack of scoring and offence. If Bords and Eklund get to play - I think we can do just that you mention.

I’d love to see;

Barabanov - Hertl - Meier (to satisfy @justaboss haha)
Eklund - Couture - Lindblom
Gregor - Bordeleau - Kunin
Bonino - Strum - Viel/ Gaddy

I could see 60+ goals from that top line (30,30 hopefully Meier Hertl and whatever Barbs chips in)

I’d personally prefer Eklund - Hertl - Meier as I think Eklund - Couture - Lindblom just seems like a clash of styles and effectiveness. Barabanov - Cooch - Lindblom just sounds like a solid 200ft game. Gregor - Bords - Kunin could actually put in 40+ goals which is why we need some rookie life influence in the lineup.

Ferraro - Karlsson
Hatakka/ Knyzhov/ Megna take up the bottom 2LD with Merkley on P2, and Benning or someone on P3. With Nuutivara fighting for a job.

Reimer - Kaapo and Hill should provide a massive battle in the net that should see at least 1 capable starter full time with the compete.

I’m nervous but excited. Could be a brutal year - but we don’t have a potential surprising lineup. I really hope we see Labanc and Simek moved for more flexibility to take on dead cap if we suck or have room for an upgrade at TDL if we’re doing okay. Myself and @juiceman are gonna be enemies again. I think it’s;

VGK, EDM, LA as locks and then WC battle between VAN, SJS, SEA with the central. No idea what to predict from the Ducks or Calgary yet.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jul. 15, 2022 at 12:13 p.m.
So many people are worried that Grier won’t let the prospects play in the NHL. If he does that - I think we miss due to a lack of scoring and offence. If Bords and Eklund get to play - I think we can do just that you mention. I’m nervous but excited. Could be a brutal year - but we don’t have a potential surprising lineup. I really hope we see Labanc and Simek moved for more flexibility to take on dead cap if we suck or have room for an upgrade at TDL if we’re doing okay. Myself and juiceman are gonna be enemies again. I think it’s;

VGK, EDM, LA as locks and then WC battle between VAN, SJS, SEA with the central. No idea what to predict from the Ducks or Calgary yet.

I think the west will be an interesting one. Think like you said LA, EDM, VGK are the top 3 in the Pacific and in the Central COL, MIN, and STL are again the top 3. Arizona, Chicago, and Anaheim probably aren't really contenders at all. So i think the Last 2 playoff spots are down to CGY, WPG, SJS, VAN, SEA, NSH, and DAL. Personally, I don't think Seattle really has the depth on defense to contend. Also center is very questionable, Beniers, if he keeps up last years pace, would make up the difference though. was on track for 75 points. I also think that Dallas might be very good if they can bring back someone at RD. I don't mind Miro - Miller - Hakanpaa but id think you would rather a better 2RD. WPG is interesting, im not sure on them. Calgary really can't decline that much can they? Nashville is still the same team, so they could be better if some of the young guys take another step. Vancouver probably is better, hard to imagine Petterson starts that bad again. SJS is going to have to be amazing to jump to a wildcard, but with some help from the young guy sid say they have a changce.
yikes liked this.
Jul. 15, 2022 at 2:47 p.m.
Question: Is it odd for teams to bring player to development camp that have already played a bunch of NHL games? Samuelsson, Power, Krebs, Quinn, Peterka where all there. Some of these guys obviously have only played a couple games but still.
SevenLeg and zk97 liked this.
Jul. 15, 2022 at 2:51 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Question: Is it odd for teams to bring player to development camp that have already played a bunch of NHL games? Samuelsson, Power, Krebs, Quinn, Peterka where all there. Some of these guys obviously have only played a couple games but still.

Samuelsson and Krebs weird since they both lost their rookie status, the rest is understandable.
BuFfaLOFaN and zk97 liked this.
Jul. 15, 2022 at 2:56 p.m.
Quoting: SevenLeg
Samuelsson and Krebs weird since they both lost their rookie status, the rest is understandable.

I think its pretty smart, Savoie was saying he really enjoyed learning from guys with NHL experience just didn't know if it was normal? They are also both 21/22 so not like they are 26 or something lol.
zk97 liked this.
Jul. 15, 2022 at 3:02 p.m.

I’m not sure tbh. Nobody at the Sens development camp has played an NHL game I don’t think (Greig played some pre-season games, and Sanderson would’ve played a handful of games last year if he hadn’t been injured though). No guys like Cole Reinhardt (1 NHL game played) or Shane Pinto (only 17 NHL games over 2 seasons, mostly because he’s been constantly injured though, he established himself as a 3C at minimum in 20-21 lol, but Power I would say is in a similar boat, just without the extra 5 games due to an injury shortened year). Samuelsson and Krebs I think is a little weird as they have 50+ NHL games. Do the Sabres just not have that many other prospects they want there?
Jul. 15, 2022 at 3:12 p.m.
I’m not sure tbh. Nobody at the Sens development camp has played an NHL game I don’t think (Greig played some pre-season games, and Sanderson would’ve played a handful of games last year if he hadn’t been injured though). No guys like Cole Reinhardt (1 NHL game played) or Shane Pinto (only 17 NHL games over 2 seasons, mostly because he’s been constantly injured though, he established himself as a 3C at minimum in 20-21 lol, but Power I would say is in a similar boat, just without the extra 5 games due to an injury shortened year). Samuelsson and Krebs I think is a little weird as they have 50+ NHL games. Do the Sabres just not have that many other prospects they want there?

No, they have 2 full rosters...just threw in those guys.
Jul. 15, 2022 at 3:18 p.m.
No, they have 2 full rosters...just threw in those guys.

Hmm interesting. I thought maybe they could’ve invited them if they were running low on available guys. Not sure why they’d invite guys with 50+ NHL games otherwise lol. Maybe they just wanna see them on the ice some more? More ice time never hurt anybody.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jul. 15, 2022 at 3:42 p.m.
Hmm interesting. I thought maybe they could’ve invited them if they were running low on available guys. Not sure why they’d invite guys with 50+ NHL games otherwise lol. Maybe they just wanna see them on the ice some more? More ice time never hurt anybody.

There is also guys they probably want in the AHL/NHL next year who are trying to return to college etc. like Ryan Johnson.
Jul. 15, 2022 at 5:58 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
I think its pretty smart, Savoie was saying he really enjoyed learning from guys with NHL experience just didn't know if it was normal? They are also both 21/22 so not like they are 26 or something lol.

howd Savoie look?
(Buffalo is the reason SJ traded down after all)
zk97 liked this.
Jul. 15, 2022 at 6:13 p.m.
howd Savoie look?
(Buffalo is the reason SJ traded down after all)

Idk, I am not sure if he was skating or not. + They didn't do it live this year I don't think, or I didn't see it
Jul. 15, 2022 at 9:19 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jul. 15, 2022 at 10:34 p.m.
Honestly the more and more I read about Minten the more I like the pick. Yes he wasnt my first, second, or third choice but its looking like a safe pick for a bottom 6 player

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2022/07/15/an-evaluation-of-new-maple-leafs-prospect-fraser-mintens-game/
Saskleaf liked this.
Jul. 15, 2022 at 11:05 p.m.
I make typos

Jul. 15, 2022 at 11:58 p.m.
Quoting: oilersguy

yeah and like 20 other guys have signed their ELCs too, you don’t need to repost every oilers tweet here lol
A_Habs_fan, zk97, Saskleaf and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 4:20 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Honestly the more and more I read about Minten the more I like the pick. Yes he wasnt my first, second, or third choice but its looking like a safe pick for a bottom 6 player

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2022/07/15/an-evaluation-of-new-maple-leafs-prospect-fraser-mintens-game/

Could not be more opposite for me, the more profiles I have read about him, the one you have and this one I am left feeling very underwhelmed.

I believe he could evolve into at best a high energy bottom 6 winger that can chip in a little offence. Which is not a bad thing but at pick 38 you need to select a high ceiling player. Gleb Trikozov, Lane Hutson, Noah Warren, Hunter Haight, and Jack Hughes all would be been better picks.

If Minten was there guy, really should have just traded back.

Not hating on the player, just where they selected him
Jul. 17, 2022 at 4:24 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Could not be more opposite for me, the more profiles I have read about him, the one you have and this one I am left feeling very underwhelmed.

I believe he could evolve into at best a high energy bottom 6 winger that can chip in a little offence. Which is not a bad thing but at pick 38 you need to select a high ceiling player. Gleb Trikozov, Lane Hutson, Noah Warren, Hunter Haight, and Jack Hughes all would be been better picks.

If Minten was there guy, really should have just traded back.

Not hating on the player, just where they selected him

I feel they could have but then again another team could have been eyeing him and taken him before us.

Trading back while it gets you more picks sometimes can also screw you over
Saskleaf and zk97 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll