SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #11 - Will Lamoriello ever announce Kadri's signing?

Aug. 11, 2022 at 4:50 p.m.
retired
Quoting: Juiceman
It doesn’t make sense to trade Dobson at all

i could see it if they are far apart on money and short of cap.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 4:52 p.m.
NoMoreJustin
Quoting: DirtyDangle

Or if he’s expressed a total lack of interest in staying there. You don’t want that from a kid no matter how good he is
Aug. 11, 2022 at 4:53 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
This the same dumb argument we had the other day (yes I too was apart of the dumb argument and I will join again cause I am dumb) - these guys need more seasons under their belt preferably seeing where they go by December.

Dobson looks like a asset that the Isles would regret ever moving (Toews situation 2.0) - and he’s much younger. He’s not moving unless Lou is actually trolling.

Stutzle was a gift to Ottawa and would have been 1st OA imo if I was drafting. He was a lethal winger who’s found a home at Center. Can he stay there? We’ll find out this year.

Right Shot RD and Centers are arguably the most valuable positions behind goalie.

I’m only taking Stutzle because he should be in teal 🫠
Aug. 11, 2022 at 4:53 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: Alfie11
No, you don’t. Because if you really wanted Dobson, you could trade Stutzle for Dobson+. All else being equal, the centre is always the most valuable position.

Stutzle is great but honestly, I think Capfriendly heavily overvalued and overrated players based on ONE good season. What makes the gap between Stutzle and Dobson so big? Because if position?
Aug. 11, 2022 at 4:54 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: yikes
This the same dumb argument we had the other day (yes I too was apart of the dumb argument and I will join again cause I am dumb) - these guys need more seasons under their belt preferably seeing where they go by December.

Dobson looks like a asset that the Isles would regret ever moving (Toews situation 2.0) - and he’s much younger. He’s not moving unless Lou is actually trolling.

Stutzle was a gift to Ottawa and would have been 1st OA imo if I was drafting. He was a lethal winger who’s found a home at Center. Can he stay there? We’ll find out this year.

Right Shot RD and Centers are arguably the most valuable positions behind goalie.

It’s ok, you got your valuable RHD in Erik Karlsson 😉
yikes and zk97 liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 4:58 p.m.
Quoting: yikes

Dobson shouldn’t move, but Lou is an idiot. Stutzle isn’t moving. That aside, please never refer to Stutzle as a winger again lol. He was good on the wing, but it’s night and day once he moved to his natural position up the middle. He was elite for the second half of the season. RD is valuable, but centres always have and always will be more valuable. Goalies are voodoo, but I’d say there are only exactly 2 goalies in the NHL that can claim to be worth more than a 1C.
csick, yikes and Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 5:24 p.m.
Quoting: Alfie11
He’s only a “terrible finisher” because a lot of his shots are rebounds, which you’re not gonna score all the time, but most models count as a very high iXG number, due to being like 2 feet from the net. And that’s more on the limitations of public xG models than Brady, we need pre-shot puck movement and goalie positioning to be taken into account to refine those models, but that data just isn’t publicly available yet. His high danger chances are also likely inflated due to this, but his shot is fine, and I’d rather have a guy dominating the net front than being pushed to the perimeter. His on ice impact is significant in other ways too, including being a nightmare on the forecheck, and causing goals he doesn’t get points on by creating havoc in front/screening. Expecting everyone to be elite defensively is archaic, if you really want that just re-hire Trotz.

I don’t need Tkachuk to be elite defensively, slightly below average defensive impact would be fine. He’s a unique player.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 5:27 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Aug. 11, 2022 at 5:32 p.m.
With the Lehner news I wonder about Kadri on a 1 year deal with the VGK

As they can now exceed the cap by a tad more than 12mill
zk97 liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 5:27 p.m.

He’s already signed
Aug. 11, 2022 at 5:31 p.m.
retired
Quoting: Db1899
He’s already signed

you sure. i havent seen it reported but to be honest i havent been keeping up.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 5:35 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan

Apparently Lou doesn’t like sharing information
Aug. 11, 2022 at 5:35 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Lou keeps his signings top secret so expect at the final day before training camp all the RFA's/maybe Kadri signed and from there we will probs see a Bailey move
Aug. 11, 2022 at 5:37 p.m.

That’s what people close to the isles have have said.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 5:42 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Aug. 11, 2022 at 5:52 p.m.
Paul Stastny and Evan Rodrigues about to have a home in the next few days with that Lehner news

And dont be surprised if you see a SJS/VGK trade involving one of Reimer or Hill

So in 2 weeks we will probs see

1. A Reimer trade to the VGK or if NYI really want Kadri maybe we see a Varlomov trade

2. Paul Stastny and either Kessel, Milano, or Rodrigues sign with VGK

3. Maybe see a De-Haan signing to to shore up the Dcore
yikes liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 8:17 p.m.
Go leafs go
It really depends on which position you need

Not really, since Stutzle is far better.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 8:17 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: Saskleaf
Not really, since Stutzle is far better.

We gotta relax with all these “this player is FAR better”
Both players have had ONE good season… ONLY ONE
capsfan2121 and zk97 liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 8:23 p.m.
Go leafs go
We gotta relax with all these “this player is FAR better”
Both players have had ONE good season… ONLY ONE

First of all, let me clarify in saying Dobson is a great young defender and is already top pairing material at a young age. None of this is a knock against Dobson.

You mention Stutzle only had one good season. Let’s remember that he’s also only 20 years old. The fact that he’s been able to be the calibre of player that he is at his age is extremely impressive. Definitely could see him being a top 10 centre in years to come.
csick liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 8:30 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
First of all, let me clarify in saying Dobson is a great young defender and is already top pairing material at a young age. None of this is a knock against Dobson.

You mention Stutzle only had one good season. Let’s remember that he’s also only 20 years old. The fact that he’s been able to be the calibre of player that he is at his age is extremely impressive. Definitely could see him being a top 10 centre in years to come.

Defensemen also take much longer to develop so Dobson at 22 putting up 50 points is impressive. A 20 year old Stutzle put up only a few more points than Dobson and an offensive black hole of a team. Not saying Dobson is better but people need to relax with these comparisons. They are basically both fetuses in the NHL 😂
Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 8:48 p.m.
Go leafs go
Defensemen also take much longer to develop so Dobson at 22 putting up 50 points is impressive. A 20 year old Stutzle put up only a few more points than Dobson and an offensive black hole of a team. Not saying Dobson is better but people need to relax with these comparisons. They are basically both fetuses in the NHL 😂

Fair enough, they are both fantastic young players with bright futures. I just think Stutzle is better.
Juiceman liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 9:05 p.m.
KFTW

It’s funny that not many ppl think like this. A lot of fans that don’t watch him seem to think he only tops as an Ehlers/Dubois level or not even a centre
Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 9:10 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: csick
It’s funny that not many ppl think like this. A lot of fans that don’t watch him seem to think he only tops as an Ehlers/Dubois level or not even a centre

Ya I think he’s underrated.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 9:18 p.m.
KFTW
Ya I think he’s underrated.

I looked at age 20 Marner and age 20 Barkov and he posted similar numbers to Marner but better than Barkov. And Stutzle didn’t have the best linemates
Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 9:19 p.m.
Quoting: csick

Stutzle topping out at an Ehlers level would be great for the sens
capsfan2121 liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 9:23 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Kinda disappointing how much people overrate young players based on one season. Let the kid play Atleast 3-5 full seasons before saying he is way better than someone
zk97 and capsfan2121 liked this.
Aug. 11, 2022 at 9:31 p.m.
Kinda disappointing how much people overrate young players based on one season. Let the kid play Atleast 3-5 full seasons before saying he is way better than someone

I mean, it depends how you saw their potential, because we’ve already gone over this, if you consider Stutzle an elite prospect and he has the season he’s just had at 20 YO, you’d still think he is elite, if you’re let’s say Tage Thompson and you just had a career year, you’re likely to be hit with skepticism about his talent until he does it again ( with valid reasons )
Devil and capsfan2121 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll