LW, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the New York Islanders
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$840,630$840,630
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the New York Islanders
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
RFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$827,500$827,500
C, LW
RFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW
UFA - 2
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 1, 2022 at 8:10 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
If your gonna troll can you at least make sure it’s cap compliment? The isles would say **** no if Dubas made this offers, but at least put some effort into your trolling.
capsfan2121 and mokumboi liked this.
Nov. 1, 2022 at 8:14 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
dobson is never being traded
Nov. 1, 2022 at 8:19 p.m.
we miss leo k
Leafs need to fire Dubas and/or Keefe so Leafs fans can have something else to focus on besides making just absolutely terrible ACGMs.

-I can live in a world where I squint and see Nylander for Tarasenko as a "challenge/change of scenery" type trade - I can even by the 2nd rounder being added for the Blues retaining to make it cap neutral. What I can't see is where the value for Colton Parayko is in this deal - you're literally getting a top 4 D for free. No chance that happens.

-You know this is a terrible offer, right? Dobson isn't a guy that the Islanders are going to trade without being blown away - I'd argue that I'd even hesitate about doing Marner for Dobson straight up. There's no replacement in the system, so without you including something equivalent to Wahlstrom at RHD (Tim Liljegren?) then there's no conversation to be had.
GMBL and Shylo_Moxii liked this.
Nov. 1, 2022 at 8:37 p.m.
Hurricane Waddell
You might find a team to take Nylander for a decent return, but you won’t get what you’re expecting for Marner. And neither of these trades happen.
Nov. 1, 2022 at 8:41 p.m.
Quoting: Caniac555
You might find a team to take Nylander for a decent return, but you won’t get what you’re expecting for Marner. And neither of these trades happen.

Leafs players are undervalued because they're overly scrutinized and criticized. It's not a coincidence that when they leave the Leafs they win cups or go far in the playoffs - i.e. Kessel, Kadri, Hyman.

The fact of the matter is that in both of these trades the Leafs player is the best player in the trade. So it's a win-win for both teams.
Dutchies and JMEW liked this.
Nov. 1, 2022 at 8:51 p.m.
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
Leafs need to fire Dubas and/or Keefe so Leafs fans can have something else to focus on besides making just absolutely terrible ACGMs.

-I can live in a world where I squint and see Nylander for Tarasenko as a "challenge/change of scenery" type trade - I can even by the 2nd rounder being added for the Blues retaining to make it cap neutral. What I can't see is where the value for Colton Parayko is in this deal - you're literally getting a top 4 D for free. No chance that happens.

-You know this is a terrible offer, right? Dobson isn't a guy that the Islanders are going to trade without being blown away - I'd argue that I'd even hesitate about doing Marner for Dobson straight up. There's no replacement in the system, so without you including something equivalent to Wahlstrom at RHD (Tim Liljegren?) then there's no conversation to be had.

Incredibly biased comments
Nov. 1, 2022 at 8:55 p.m.
Quoting: KingExLeafs
Leafs players are undervalued because they're overly scrutinized and criticized. It's not a coincidence that when they leave the Leafs they win cups or go far in the playoffs - i.e. Kessel, Kadri, Hyman.

The fact of the matter is that in both of these trades the Leafs player is the best player in the trade. So it's a win-win for both teams.

Even so, teams aren't going to put holes in their team that they can't replace to acquire them. In the Blues trade the Leafs are getting a RHD + a top 6 player with similar production to Nylander just for Nylander and a pick that they don't need, plus they are retaining. As mentioned by dannibalcorpse, you didn't bother to even make Marner fit under the cap, and if the Islanders are giving up Dobson, they are going to need a guy like Liljegren back. Maybe these are just trade skeletons but yeah NYI needs a young RD going their way.
dannibalcorpse liked this.
Nov. 1, 2022 at 9:03 p.m.
we miss leo k
Quoting: LukaTAG
Incredibly biased comments

Can Marner play RD? Because if the Islanders trade Noah Dobson for him, there's literally no one else in the organization to play RD behind Ryan Pulock next season. The reason a guy like him is untouchable is because of not just his talent - it's because he's an affordable option at a premium position. Marner is a very talented winger, I will not deny that, but I don't think the difference in value between Oliver Wahlstrom on his ELC and Mitch Marner with 3x$10.9M left would cost the Islanders one of the better young RD in the game today - he was 8th overall amongst RD in scoring last year and only 3 other RD scored more goals than he did - and every single one of the names ahead of him on those lists is making *at least* $2.1M more than he is. He's a bargain at $4M over the next 3 years, and that is also going to increase his value.

And if that's still too biased for you, here's one you can't refute: there's zero way that Mitch Marner's $10.9M fits on the Islanders cap if they're only sending out ~$4.9M of Dobson & Wahlstrom.
Nov. 1, 2022 at 9:34 p.m.
Xercuses
Wtf is this lol
mokumboi and dannibalcorpse liked this.
Nov. 1, 2022 at 9:48 p.m.
Yeah unless the blues are going to fully rebuild and I mean they trade everyone over the age of 29 they won't trade Parayko.
xercuses liked this.
Nov. 1, 2022 at 10:22 p.m.

Dobson is younger and better than Parayko even I'd argue he at least entertains a huge pricing.
xercuses and dannibalcorpse liked this.
Nov. 1, 2022 at 10:26 p.m.

100% the leafs players will be the better players in any trade(these aren’t accurate examples of potential trades). So unfortunately on the surface the leafs will lose both trades if both players were to be moved. However, sometimes it’s better to take 1 step back to go 2 steps forward. Using BUF and the Eichel trade as example.. BUF lost the trade immediately however long term it will be best for them. Meanwhile Vegas and Eichel are looking fantastic.
CoachCoach liked this.
Nov. 2, 2022 at 12:04 a.m.
Can Marner play RD? Because if the Islanders trade Noah Dobson for him, there's literally no one else in the organization to play RD behind Ryan Pulock next season. The reason a guy like him is untouchable is because of not just his talent - it's because he's an affordable option at a premium position. Marner is a very talented winger, I will not deny that, but I don't think the difference in value between Oliver Wahlstrom on his ELC and Mitch Marner with 3x$10.9M left would cost the Islanders one of the better young RD in the game today - he was 8th overall amongst RD in scoring last year and only 3 other RD scored more goals than he did - and every single one of the names ahead of him on those lists is making *at least* $2.1M more than he is. He's a bargain at $4M over the next 3 years, and that is also going to increase his value.

And if that's still too biased for you, here's one you can't refute: there's zero way that Mitch Marner's $10.9M fits on the Islanders cap if they're only sending out ~$4.9M of Dobson & Wahlstrom.

I mean Marner is a top 10 forward in the game. Regardless, that Nylander part of your comment is insanity.
Nov. 2, 2022 at 9:08 a.m.
we miss leo k
I mean Marner is a top 10 forward in the game. Regardless, that Nylander part of your comment is insanity.

You think Nylander is worth Tarasenko *and* Parayko in a trade (I'd argue that the 2nd in this trade only covers the $3.75M retention that OP is asking for)?

Nylander put up 34-46-80 last year; Tarasenko was 34-48-82, and neither of them is renowned for their backchecking ability. Almost identical production, but I'd give you that Nylander is more valuable when it comes to his age & contract situation, both in term and cap hit. But Colton Parayko is a slam-dunk top pair guy, he plays 23 minutes a night as the Blues' shutdown guy, and he actually gives you a decent amount of offense - he's been a solid 35 point guy year in and year out. His contract has a good chance to age pretty terribly, but right now I'd argue he'd be the Leafs' 2nd best defenseman behind Rielly. Adding him to a Nylander/Tarasenko swap heavily tilts that trade towards Toronto's favor.
Nov. 2, 2022 at 9:17 a.m.
You think Nylander is worth Tarasenko *and* Parayko in a trade (I'd argue that the 2nd in this trade only covers the $3.75M retention that OP is asking for)?

Nylander put up 34-46-80 last year; Tarasenko was 34-48-82, and neither of them is renowned for their backchecking ability. Almost identical production, but I'd give you that Nylander is more valuable when it comes to his age & contract situation, both in term and cap hit. But Colton Parayko is a slam-dunk top pair guy, he plays 23 minutes a night as the Blues' shutdown guy, and he actually gives you a decent amount of offense - he's been a solid 35 point guy year in and year out. His contract has a good chance to age pretty terribly, but right now I'd argue he'd be the Leafs' 2nd best defenseman behind Rielly. Adding him to a Nylander/Tarasenko swap heavily tilts that trade towards Toronto's favor.

Parayko isn't the top pair guy you think he is. He's a top 4 defenseman making 6.5. Nylander is worth more than Tarasenko at 50% retained if only because of age and years left.
Nov. 2, 2022 at 9:26 a.m.
we miss leo k
Parayko isn't the top pair guy you think he is. He's a top 4 defenseman making 6.5. Nylander is worth more than Tarasenko at 50% retained if only because of age and years left.

OP has him on the top pair here, and I don't think it's crazy to sayhe'd be the best Dman on the Leafs behind Rielly. I don't disagree on your Nylander point (i mean, I literally say the same thing you are saying in the post you're quoting) but I don't think the difference in value is so large that St. Louis needs to add Parayko.
Nov. 2, 2022 at 9:32 a.m.
OP has him on the top pair here, and I don't think it's crazy to sayhe'd be the best Dman on the Leafs behind Rielly. I don't disagree on your Nylander point (i mean, I literally say the same thing you are saying in the post you're quoting) but I don't think the difference in value is so large that St. Louis needs to add Parayko.

OP has not put a lot of work into this post, clearly. Parayko has fallen off due to injury, and I personally would not want to be paying him 6.5 for the next 8 years.
Nov. 2, 2022 at 10:23 a.m.
mokumboi
karen.gif
Nov. 2, 2022 at 1:42 p.m.
Hurricane Waddell
Sure, but I present a recent exhibit to the court…the fact that your coach speaks the truth but gets criticized for being too hard on sensitive players. Calls out the key players, and gets killed in the media. Calls out defenseman and gets killed in the media. Feel like Marner specifically is getting handled with emotional sensitivity - but when you sign a deal at that level you sign up to take the heat in the bad times regardless of how you’re playing.

Leafs players are not undervalued. I can’t speak to Kessel but making the claim that Hyman and Kadri to their respective teams being cup winners and going far in the playoffs say more about the top end players on the Avs and Oilers than those players.

Nov. 2, 2022 at 2:52 p.m.

that doesn't matter you missed the entire point of what he said if you can't fill the holes you won't get an RD regardless of if you send a great forward or not. No one will accept an offer without filling the hole you just left especially when the team has no one else to replace them.
Nov. 2, 2022 at 2:54 p.m.
OP has not put a lot of work into this post, clearly. Parayko has fallen off due to injury, and I personally would not want to be paying him 6.5 for the next 8 years.

then don't get a draft pick to settle the difference between Nye and Senko
Nov. 2, 2022 at 3:11 p.m.

Well no, here’s an outside looking in from everyone else. Marner is guy where Toronto wants an Arm and a leg for who is a 3 year rental who takes up 13% of your cap and on top of that you have to leave holes in other places like your defense which is easily the most critical part of a team’s play just to gain that 3 year rental who takes 13% of your cap and doesn’t provide any type of justification to actually produce worth that much. That’s just simple thought process teams have a better chance with what they have than having less cap space to bring a deeper roster in.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 11:16 a.m.

No, they're overvalued by Leafs fans.
Leafs fans, "Marner sucks and needs to be traded!"
Also Leafs fans, "Give us your best players that have more value because the player is undervalued by everyone else."

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll