Forums/Armchair-GM

Jennrikov

Created by: djmbrown
Team: 2022-23 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 13, 2022
Published: Dec. 13, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Is this enough or what needs to be added?
Trades
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$77,120,413$212,500$0$5,379,587
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 2
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW
RFA - 1
$840,630$840,630
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$827,500$827,500
C, LW
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$2,800,000$2,800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
RD
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 13, 2022 at 3:55 p.m.
Jenner is simply not being traded
Skyraider112, dopplsan, Ajp_18 and 4 others liked this.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 3:57 p.m.
Sabres are elite
Gavrikov imo should net a 1st and a decent prospect at the deadline, so that 2024 1st and SDA. Jenner wouldn't be traded but his value is probably a 1st, great prospect, and a solid roster player. So you are short on value in that trade for sure. Your 2023 1st, Niemala, and Kerfoot imo would be a pretty solid offer.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 3:58 p.m.
Jenner isn’t available for trade
Ajp_18 and Viqsi liked this.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 3:59 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
This is just adding a Gavrikov for Holl swap to all of the super underwhelming Jenner proposals. Whatever helps your fantasy world I suppose.
dopplsan, Ajp_18 and Viqsi liked this.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 4:14 p.m.
DBrown
Quoting: Skyraider112
Gavrikov imo should net a 1st and a decent prospect at the deadline, so that 2024 1st and SDA. Jenner wouldn't be traded but his value is probably a 1st, great prospect, and a solid roster player. So you are short on value in that trade for sure. Your 2023 1st, Niemala, and Kerfoot imo would be a pretty solid offer.

I appreciate the insight and thoughts instead of a straight “no” like some others. Everyone is tradeable unless you’re named McDavid. I can’t see the Leafs wanting to include Niemala as he’s their only top end D prospect they have. I’d think they’d be open to including any that aren’t named Niemala or Knies in all honesty. So maybe Steeves or Abruz and another pick?
Dec. 13, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Nah.
Edited Dec. 13, 2022 at 4:38 p.m.
Quoting: djmbrown
I appreciate the insight and thoughts instead of a straight “no” like some others. Everyone is tradeable unless you’re named McDavid. I can’t see the Leafs wanting to include Niemala as he’s their only top end D prospect they have. I’d think they’d be open to including any that aren’t named Niemala or Knies in all honesty. So maybe Steeves or Abruz and another pick?

For Jenner you are talking two 1sts and Niemela/ Knies. Maybe more. The price will be more than what TBL paid for Hagel.

You're talking our 1C on a team with few Cs, our Captain, and a locker room and fan favorite who loves Columbus. And the need for GMJK to sell the move to a a currently dejected fanbase.

This isn't an expiring contract, some fringe player, or some guy who wants out. The value of the trade needs to be of the kind that you're going to need an entire organization to say "Yup, absolutely, totally worth it for that return"; so, when we say "it'll take an overpay to move Jenner," we mean an overpay.
squashmaple, Viqsi and NoVaSpartan liked this.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 4:44 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: dopplsan
For Jenner you are talking two 1sts and Niemela/ Knies. Maybe more. The price will be more than what TBL paid for Hagel.

You're talking our 1C on a team with few Cs, our Captain, and a locker room and fan favorite who loves Columbus. And the need for GMJK to sell the move to a a currently dejected fanbase.

This isn't an expiring contract, some fringe player, or some guy who wants out. The value of the trade needs to be of the kind that you're going to need an entire organization to say "Yup, absolutely, totally worth it for that return"; so, when we say "it'll take an overpay to move Jenner," we mean an overpay.

The funniest argument in favour of the CBJ trading Jenner to Toronto is that they should feel some pressing need to get a return for Boone as if the Jackets should feel desperate for the Leafs' mediocre prospects and late picks. They would be 100% fine with having Jenner spend the remainder of his career as a Jacket and retiring there.
squashmaple, dopplsan, SK101 and 2 others liked this.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 5:02 p.m.
not a he )
Quoting: dk325
The funniest argument in favour of the CBJ trading Jenner to Toronto is that they should feel some pressing need to get a return for Boone as if the Jackets should feel desperate for the Leafs' mediocre prospects and late picks. They would be 100% fine with having Jenner spend the remainder of his career as a Jacket and retiring there.

It's because Toronto fans can't conceive of loving a player. No one hates the Leafs like Leafs fans.
Viqsi liked this.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 5:05 p.m.
DBrown

I completely get how valuable he is. But with how bad the team is I’m curious if at some point the guy might want a change.
And I know what Tampa paid for Hagel was a lot. Though the two prospects they gave up were nowhere near Knies and Niem’s potential. Plus, don’t most people think giving up two firsts for Hagel was an overpayment? If that’s the price going forward then I’d want any team I cheered for to rebuild because that’s insane.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 5:22 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
I completely get how valuable he is. But with how bad the team is I’m curious if at some point the guy might want a change.
And I know what Tampa paid for Hagel was a lot. Though the two prospects they gave up were nowhere near Knies and Niem’s potential. Plus, don’t most people think giving up two firsts for Hagel was an overpayment? If that’s the price going forward then I’d want any team I cheered for to rebuild because that’s insane.

The room believes in the direction the team is headed and the youth they have coming up. There's a reason why it's getting around the league that their room is an extremely positive and desirable place to be. Jenner also likely would not have accepted the captaincy and signed a 4 year extension last year if he had any doubts about his desire to play in Columbus.
dopplsan, Viqsi and squashmaple liked this.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 5:22 p.m.
Nah.
Edited Dec. 13, 2022 at 5:37 p.m.

So yes, rebuilding is good. Rebuilding is smart. You should get as much value as you can for the assets you got that you don't see as part of your team when it hopefully begins its next cycle of success. And, yes, if Jenner were to come out and say "I want out," you would see CBJ listening to offers.

For one, Jenner has given no indication to that effect, and will likely be part of a successful version of this team in, say two years. Sports are weird, and a team that finishes dead-last in the NHL may only be a few years away from contention (go read about the 16-17 Avalanche). I truly think CBJ are a 1C (fingers crossed '23 draft) and some development time (Johnson and Jiricek are going to be frightening) away from being pretty dangerous in the East.

For another, tearing everything to the boards for the sake of tearing everything to the boards isn't always going to bring success - Just ask BUF, who I believe has been rebuilding since roughly 2004 (though I like them and hope they find some success with the core they are building now). Even if ASU hits on Bedard, I just don't see that as a team that is going to be turning things around anytime soon, which truly sucks for players and fans (and when it comes time to re-sign, players see these things).

There is value in having consistency and to keeping good guys in the locker room who can help fight off the stank of losing that can create a bad environment. Maybe he is just saying it to be good for the local press, but it means something when a Gaudreau comes in and says "yeah, I'm happy to be in this locker room with these guys."
CBJ_Bob, Viqsi, squashmaple and 3 others liked this.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 10:17 p.m.
mostly harmless
Everyone is tradeable unless you’re named McDavid.

Oh. Okay. Jenner by himself for Matthews max retained and Tavares double-retained. Because everybody is tradeable, right?

Seriously, in all these Leafs proposals for Jenner (and they are ALL Leafs proposals), so far the only case ever made for him being available is "but Leafs fans really, really want him" - nothing concrete, never any research done, no consideration whatsoever for the Jackets' situation and his relationship to the team beyond "but bad team therefore give". The simultaneous levels of entitlement and of blithe disrespect are disgusting.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 1:17 a.m.
DBrown
Quoting: Viqsi
Oh. Okay. Jenner by himself for Matthews max retained and Tavares double-retained. Because everybody is tradeable, right?

Seriously, in all these Leafs proposals for Jenner (and they are ALL Leafs proposals), so far the only case ever made for him being available is "but Leafs fans really, really want him" - nothing concrete, never any research done, no consideration whatsoever for the Jackets' situation and his relationship to the team beyond "but bad team therefore give". The simultaneous levels of entitlement and of blithe disrespect are disgusting.

Easy muffin. I didn’t realize you were such an “insider” as to the going-ons with Kekalainen lol I’m pretty sure this portion of the site is for people to discuss possibilities. If you only want to discuss things that make sense in your little mind then stick to your own personal blog, because others here enjoy partaking in the ideas of what could be. Does it mean that my suggestion is going to happen? Nope. But it doesn’t mean your supposed crystal ball is on par either. So take a chill pill. I’m pretty sure I made a note asking opinions about what the price would be.
If you really think Matthews and Tavares and Jenner are in the same category then I guess that explains your comments pretty clearly. Everyone is tradeable for the right price. The old adage that Gretzky got traded is proof. Could Matthews one day be dealt? Sure. Right now based on the successes of him and the team mean it’s a lot less likely. So when a team is a bottom-feeder and the prices for acquiring players are sky-high then the possibilities become greater a team will consider trading players away. But I suppose cheering for a team at the bottom of the league is frustrating, hence your lack of tact. Go troll someone else.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 1:23 a.m.
DBrown
So yes, rebuilding is good. Rebuilding is smart. You should get as much value as you can for the assets you got that you don't see as part of your team when it hopefully begins its next cycle of success. And, yes, if Jenner were to come out and say "I want out," you would see CBJ listening to offers.

For one, Jenner has given no indication to that effect, and will likely be part of a successful version of this team in, say two years. Sports are weird, and a team that finishes dead-last in the NHL may only be a few years away from contention (go read about the 16-17 Avalanche). I truly think CBJ are a 1C (fingers crossed '23 draft) and some development time (Johnson and Jiricek are going to be frightening) away from being pretty dangerous in the East.

For another, tearing everything to the boards for the sake of tearing everything to the boards isn't always going to bring success - Just ask BUF, who I believe has been rebuilding since roughly 2004 (though I like them and hope they find some success with the core they are building now). Even if ASU hits on Bedard, I just don't see that as a team that is going to be turning things around anytime soon, which truly sucks for players and fans (and when it comes time to re-sign, players see these things).

There is value in having consistency and to keeping good guys in the locker room who can help fight off the stank of losing that can create a bad environment. Maybe he is just saying it to be good for the local press, but it means something when a Gaudreau comes in and says "yeah, I'm happy to be in this locker room with these guys."

Good take. I agree that teams can make a quick turnaround when done properly. But it’s not all that common and there are more examples of teams taking a long time to rebuild than those who make drastic improvements overnight.

I hear why Jenner is valuable and that’s why so many teams are probably going to inquire about him in deals. It’s also why the price for him would be high. I just don’t really buy the “he’s never said he wants out” argument. There’s lots of guys who never say boo until after they’re dealt bc they’re good characters who don’t want to negotiate in the media. There’s also a lot of people who say the right things to the media because it’s in their best interest to do so. I personally wouldn’t want the circus to follow me around asking me about wanting out every single day either.
That being said, there’s no guarantees that Jenner would be open to a trade or that Kekalainen would be open to exploring it. But there’s no guarantees that they wouldn’t be either. Kinda the point of this part of the site. People get very sensitive about specific players bc they’re passionate. But it’s for discussion of what could be, not necessarily what is going to be.
dopplsan and Stavros99 liked this.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 1:07 p.m.
mostly harmless
Easy muffin. I didn’t realize you were such an “insider” as to the going-ons with Kekalainen lol I’m pretty sure this portion of the site is for people to discuss possibilities. If you only want to discuss things that make sense in your little mind then stick to your own personal blog, because others here enjoy partaking in the ideas of what could be. Does it mean that my suggestion is going to happen? Nope. But it doesn’t mean your supposed crystal ball is on par either. So take a chill pill. I’m pretty sure I made a note asking opinions about what the price would be.
If you really think Matthews and Tavares and Jenner are in the same category then I guess that explains your comments pretty clearly. Everyone is tradeable for the right price. The old adage that Gretzky got traded is proof. Could Matthews one day be dealt? Sure. Right now based on the successes of him and the team mean it’s a lot less likely. So when a team is a bottom-feeder and the prices for acquiring players are sky-high then the possibilities become greater a team will consider trading players away. But I suppose cheering for a team at the bottom of the league is frustrating, hence your lack of tact. Go troll someone else.

I'm not an insider; I just happen to be capable of looking things up before I post and generally do so.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 2:16 p.m.
DBrown
Quoting: Viqsi
I'm not an insider; I just happen to be capable of looking things up before I post and generally do so.

So you “looked up” that he isn’t and wouldn’t possibly be available? Either you can read minds or you’re a serious insider. Well done!!!!

If you take it this personally when a person offers a trade proposal in the ARMCHAIR GM section of the hockey world then perhaps you should try some yoga or meditation practices. That’s what this place is all about is trade proposals. If you don’t like them, fine. But to blast people for suggesting a trade just bc you don’t think the player will leave or want the player to leave is a bit over the top. Time for some decaf.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 2:58 p.m.
mostly harmless
So you “looked up” that he isn’t and wouldn’t possibly be available? Either you can read minds or you’re a serious insider. Well done!!!!

You're trying to push a case that isn't there. We just extended him. He's on a sweetheart deal. Every statement he's made is about wanting to make it work here. As the Captain he's made the locker room a welcoming and effective one, as confirmed by multiple player statements over months. He's scoring at a rate such that he'd get double (or more) what he currently makes on the open market. And he's playing for a team that is critically short on two-way centers and is desperately trying to find and/or develop more. It's the height of absurdity to conclude anything else. It'd be like pressuring the Leafs about trading away Martin only worse.

If you take it this personally when a person offers a trade proposal in the ARMCHAIR GM section of the hockey world then perhaps you should try some yoga or meditation practices.

If you get this defensive when someone calls you out on a proposal concept that's been thoroughly and repeatedly rejected in literally dozens of prior Armchair GM postings involving your team over and over and over and over, you might benefit from the same advice plus a little bit of "try reading before posting."
Luguber liked this.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 5:37 p.m.
mostly harmless
Well perhaps do some research as Martin hasn’t played for the leafs for quite some time lol

I typoed; I meant Matt Murray.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll