SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #13: Happy trade deadline day!

Mar. 6, 2023 at 8:41 a.m.
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
my-image_4.png

Tier List for the 2024 NHL Season, How I see teams doing as of now.

My initial thought is switch Boston and Colombus, I don't think Boston can fall that far, but maybe, or Columbus get that much better since they don't have a goalie.

I think your cup contenders all do feel like locks, i would like NJ to get a better goalie though so id put them in playoff contender.
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 6, 2023 at 10:23 a.m.
Ex Nucks fan

capsfan2121, BuFfaLOFaN and zk97 liked this.
Mar. 6, 2023 at 10:27 a.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Dude was a beast in junior. Surprised him & Turcotte haven't taken off. At least we're seeing good progress with Byfield this year.

I think people forget byfield is one of the youngest players in his draft class and bigger kids like him take longer to develop. I still believe he’ll be a 1C. The size/skating/puck skills/IQ combination is elite. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up as a poor man’s Joe Thornton
KSIxSKULLS and ReginaSask liked this.
Mar. 6, 2023 at 11:30 a.m.

Mar. 6, 2023 at 1:04 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Db1899

cool
capsfan2121 and Db1899 liked this.
Mar. 6, 2023 at 2:24 p.m.

Better hope he's back for the Playoffs
capsfan2121, Saskleaf, BuFfaLOFaN and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 6, 2023 at 2:36 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 6, 2023 at 2:45 p.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Better hope he's back for the Playoffs

When JT broke his finger he was out 2 weeks (Oct 16 - Nov 5). Probs will be back end of March or beginning of April with a big padded glove
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 6, 2023 at 4:18 p.m.
Leafs should hire me to make the lineups and that’s it

Jarnkrok-Matthews-Marner
Bunting-Kerfoot-Nylander
Lafferty-Kamf-Acciari
Steeves-Aston Reese

Giordano-Liljegren
Mccabe-Brodie
Gustafsson-Timmins
Rielly (PP only)

Mar. 6, 2023 at 4:33 p.m.
do not Devil my ass

Jarnkrok-Matthews-Marner
Bunting-Kerfoot-Nylander
Lafferty-Kamf-Acciari
Steeves-Aston Reese

Giordano-Liljegren
Mccabe-Brodie
Gustafsson-Timmins
Rielly (PP only)

Just shift Rielly to LW already.
You know it's gonna happen sooner or later.
BigBallsBriere and Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 6, 2023 at 4:34 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 6, 2023 at 4:42 p.m.

Jarnkrok-Matthews-Marner
Bunting-Kerfoot-Nylander
Lafferty-Kamf-Acciari
Steeves-Aston Reese

Giordano-Liljegren
Mccabe-Brodie
Gustafsson-Timmins
Rielly (PP only)

So we going for quickest firing in NHL history or just putting lines in a blender program. Trust me Kerfoot at 2c gonna give people headaches. Lafferty or Acciari be the better candidates as they can play C better heck can also win faceoffs.

As we can be fantasy coaches and GM's all we want but Keefe's got the experience through years of coaching

For instance Lafferty and Nylander played a few shifts together and looked pretty good with Laffetty setting up a Nylander breakaway. Didnt score but we can see those 2 be figuring it out. Combine it with Jarnkrok who loves playing with Nylander u got a nice line.

And 7 Dman isnt really what Leafs like to do. Keefe prefers 4 lines as often it causes confusion and issues
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 6, 2023 at 4:45 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Tintin
Just shift Rielly to LW already.
You know it's gonna happen sooner or later.

Keefe will lower him down till he gets healthier and back in the game. The injury didnt do him much good and we can see hes not 100%

Still a good PP and set up guy with the occasional defensive play just needs to get healthy. Lowering him down is smart as less minutes will give him time to heal and recollect himself. As last year Rielly was very good only being behind McAvoy in having a positive impact against elite competition.

Thats the luxury of having so many good Dman. Ones not 100% others can play ahead.
Mar. 6, 2023 at 5:35 p.m.
nvm
Mar. 6, 2023 at 7:13 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 6, 2023 at 7:24 p.m.

Sabers should release a statement apologizing for this

Literally a guy not even part of the org but who just reports sabers Buffalo sports stuff blocks the kid Buffalo asked to come for its JR reports goes sorry kid cant be part of the huddle.

And I thought Simmons was bad Mike Harrington has taken top asshole spot

Also that Sabers worker who shooed her away should be fired shes holding a Buffalo mic and the guy who told her to go was from the org. To bad he didnt speak the **** up saying no no shes with the org.
oilersguy liked this.
Mar. 6, 2023 at 7:25 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: aadoyle

Sabers should release a statement apologizing for this

Literally a guy not even part of the org but who just reports sabers Buffalo sports stuff blocks the kid Buffalo asked to come for its JR reports who has Pulmonary Fibrosis goes sorry kid cant be part of the huddle.

And I thought Simmons was bad Mike Harrington has taken top asshole spot

sabres shouldnt have to apologize for an individual reporter who reports about their team, that's like the leafs having to apologize for something luke fox did, who isn't affiliated with the leafs in any way other than reporting on then

however what harrington did is definitely a sh*tty thing to do, he himself has to issue an apology. he's already being flamed for it hoping it goes away
aadoyle, Saskleaf, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 6, 2023 at 7:26 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: zk97
sabres shouldnt have to apologize for an individual reporter who reports about their team, that's like the leafs having to apologize for something luke fox did, who isn't affiliated with the leafs in any way other than reporting on then

however what harrington did is definitely a sh*tty thing to do, he himself has to issue an apology. he's already being flamed for it hoping it goes away

Not apologize just release a sorry this happened here's a jersey.

As for fox Fox just clickbaits never seen him bully a junior reporter out of a news meeting. I dont even think we do that, if we do I swear if he did that hes donezo

I would just release a statement saying sorry this happened here's free tickets or a Jersey. As poor kid didnt deserve that and man its embarrassing for the org as this guy from Buffalo news just goes no meeting for u. And the stupid thing is the 2 sabers employees dont even step in. Didnt management tell them shes their JR reporter for the day. Might need to get that fixed to prevent future issues.
Mar. 6, 2023 at 7:29 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Fox just clickbaits never seen him bully a junior reporter out of a news meeting. I dont even think we do that.

I would just release a statement saying sorry this happened here's free tickets or a Jersey. As poor kid didnt deserve that and would condone what Harrington did

fox was a random leafs reporter example, nothing specific about him

i guess that makes sense but it isn't the sabres fault at all
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 6, 2023 at 7:35 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
fox was a random leafs reporter example, nothing specific about him

i guess that makes sense but it isn't the sabres fault at all

Yea agreed not their fault but man for the future tell your staff whose the JR reporter for the day or week. As miscommunication I feel was probs the main cause of this whole thing as clearly that sabers staff member didnt know who she was. The sabers worker who told her to go put the mic up should have also stepped in rather than just make weird faces at Harrington as the whole thing could have been avoided if he went "Shes the Sabers JR reporter shes allowed to be there"

Anyways I would just release a statement going sorry this happened and we will make sure in the future everyone knows who are JR reporters are and gift her a free Dahlin sighed Jersey with a picture as a thank u/sorry. Would make public image better and its something was have seen happen with other things

Like remember when that kids puck was stolen from his hand and Pitt gave him a jersey. Do that
zk97 liked this.
Mar. 6, 2023 at 7:47 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Yea agreed not their fault but man for the future tell your staff whose the JR reporter for the day or week. As miscommunication I feel was probs the main cause of this whole thing as clearly that sabers staff member didnt know who she was. The sabers worker who told her to go put the mic up should have also stepped in rather than just make weird faces at Harrington as the whole thing could have been avoided if he went "Shes the Sabers JR reporter shes allowed to be there"

Anyways I would just release a statement going sorry this happened and we will make sure in the future everyone knows who are JR reporters are and gift her a free Dahlin sighed Jersey with a picture as a thank u/sorry. Would make public image better and its something was have seen happen with other things

Like remember when that kids puck was stolen from his hand and Pitt gave him a jersey. Do that

K got an update from a friend whose from Buffalo

Sabers staff apologized behind the scenes and got her in. Reporter above didnt say that.

But man even when given permission Harrington was still being a piece of ****. Also her dad released a statement

https://twitter.com/CSykes_82/status/1632811413868621825

So no need for statement but give her a free jersey wink
zk97 and Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 6, 2023 at 7:54 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
I'm having a hard time remembering a game I've watched where 'McDeee' hasn't scored...
Huh?
Mar. 6, 2023 at 7:57 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: McGruff
I'm having a hard time remembering a game I've watched where 'McDeee' hasn't scored...
Huh?

If I remember there was a game in OCT where Binnington shut them out

How I remember that was visiting a friend in St. Louis and he got us tickets
McGruff liked this.
Mar. 6, 2023 at 8:01 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
If I remember there was a game in OCT where Binnington shut them out

That's about right, he's got "red-lamp-lite" Very Angry burns on his face.
Mar. 6, 2023 at 8:38 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Will this be McDavid best year or will gopher have even more production in the future
Mar. 6, 2023 at 8:44 p.m.
sensonfire

Here's his statement.

https://twitter.com/ByMHarrington/status/1632915244610625536/photo/1
Mar. 6, 2023 at 9:00 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: sensonfire
Here's his statement.

https://twitter.com/ByMHarrington/status/1632915244610625536/photo/1

The fact he chose now and not when the video came up and was instead blocking hundreds of people has me going huh as 9 hours seems a bit long. Guess someone told him just do it

Also had no idea this was from 2019 media made it seem as if it was Saturday lul

Anyways moving on
zk97 liked this.
Mar. 6, 2023 at 9:33 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Craig Anderson should become a goalie coach or be involved on a teams goalie development department once he retires
zk97 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll