Forums/Mock-Draft

The True Final Mock Draft

The True Final Mock Draft

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: Z0ra
Published: Jun. 23, 2023 at 4:19 p.m.
Description
TRADE 1:

Red Wings get: the rights to Alex DeBrincat (he signs an 4-year contract at 4 mil with Detroit)
Ottawa Senators get: Dominik Kubalik, Cross Hanas, and 17th overall

(trades 2-3 will happen in order, all involving the Canadiens)

TRADE 2:

Montreal Canadiens get: the rights to Pierre Luc Dubois
Winnipeg Jets get: Christian Dvorak, Jesse Ylonen (his rights), 31st pick, and Kirby Dach

TRADE 3:

Montreal Canadiens get: Mikael Granlund, 14th overall
Pittsburgh Penguins get: Joel Edmundson (50% retained), Jordan Harris, 2023 4th round pick

TRADE 4:

Buffalo Sabres get: Connor Hellebuyck
Winnipeg Jets get: 13th overall, Jack Quinn, Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, Isak Rosen

TRADE 5:

St. Louis Blues get: Kevin Hayes (50% retained)
Philadelphia Flyers get: 25th pick and Zachary Bolduc

TRADE 6:

Winnipeg Jets get: 62nd pick
Carolina Hurricanes get: Blake Wheeler (50% retained)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-During day one of the combine, it is not 100% confirmed that Chicago will pick Bedard. They have Carlsson and Fantilli in consideration as well. But it is a no-brainer honestly. It is totally undeserving, but the Blackhawks will be getting the next superstar in Bedard. There’s really not much to say about this pick, Bedard’s been the consensus for a few years now. Really no holes in his game, reliable 3-zone player. Thinks and processes the game at such an elite level. Mostly known for his booming shot, but has elite-level skating, an outstanding 200-ft game, and silky mitts. Not bad in his own end either. Overall, a great pick for the Blackhawks, and Bedard will be the guy that they will build their team around. I see a lot of Auston Matthews in his kid.
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-It was just reported today that the Ducks are apparently losing interest in Fantilli and gaining more in Michkov and Carlsson. Either one are smart picks, but the guy who I think should go 2nd overall would be Leo Carlsson. While I could see the Ducks taking Michkov, earlier they were torn between Carlsson and Fantilli. So its clear that they would be taking Carlsson, who’s still a good pick. Elite power forward with a dynamic offensive toolkit. Not afraid of playing gritty while maintaining his offensive duty, has excellent size at 6’3” and above average skating. Also has the most experience against NHL players, he didn’t look out of place in the WC. It was a nice build up from his strong season in the SHL. Overall the Ducks are getting a nice cornerstone in this kid.
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-The Blue Jackets are rumored to be wanting a center with this pick, and its easy if Fantilli is sitting on the board. Wouldn’t call this a steal, but Fantilli should not fall past 3rd. He can literally do everything with and without the puck on his stick. Solid two-way forward, while some people were hoping for better numbers out of him during the U20’s, Fantilli still proved that he’s no joke with his ground-breaking NCAA point totals as a freshman. However, Fantilli did show that he can play a solid defensive game at the U20’s. He also doesn’t shy away from a hit either. Overall, a nice foundational piece for the Blue Jackets, would be a solid guy alongside Laine and Gaudreau.
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Solid options here are Smith, Michkov, and Reinbacher. But its hard to pass up on Smith, his offensive upside is through the roof. Grier also loves this guy, so if Smith is available it would be an easy grab. He is a really talented playmaker with amazing hockey IQ and a booming shot. Literally makes his teammates better. Also uses his size really well, even though its just 6’0”, Smith still plays bigger than the size. I love this pick for the Sharks, they are just beginning to rebuild, Smith would be a nice piece to build the franchise around. A true 1C in the making.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-This is becoming a weird top 5. However, I do prefer to be different rather than have the same old top 5 that scouts expect. There are also rumblings that Montreal loves Leonard, so that’s what the pick will be here. The USDP has some top-notch prospects available this year, and Leonard is one of them. For a player his size at 5’11”, Leonard brings a rare combination of goal-scoring and grit. Not many small players are shy of throwing the body and being disruptive. Leonard pretty much has the Matthew Tkachuk mold, and he can play in all situations. With the potential arrival of Dubois coming close, the Canadiens will be deep at the forward position in a couple of years.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Last year, Arizona had their guy in Logan Cooley. This year, their guy is Reinbacher. There is chatter that the Coyotes love Reinbacher, and it makes a lot of sense. Bill Armstrong has done well developing and stockpiling on young forwards, I believe its time to turn the tables and draft defenseman. Reinbacher is a really good start, he has the potential to become a top defender for Arizona. Essentially has all the tools to succeed at the NHL level. Reinbacher is a heavy shutdown defender while proving some offense. Can adapt to the pace of the game, break up plays, and makes his linemates better. Can make his presence known in the most noticeable way. Arizona will be really happy with this pick, it gives them much-needed stability at the back end.
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Considering the guys available, this is a big reach at this spot. But Keith Jones has been extremely clear that he wants to build the team around the blue line. More indication of the Flyers reaching for a defender was given during the Provorov deal. Briere and Jones are apparently scouting Pelikka, so he will be the guy chosen here. This kid is an extremely talented two-way defender. While still keeping up his defensive capabilities, Pelikka is heavily known for his possession of offensive tools. He has a booming shot, excellent playmaking, and makes his teammates look better. Also the skating is very mobile and agile. A bit on the small side at 5’11”, but his elite 200-ft game makes up for that category. Within a few years, Pelikka would have proven he’s worth the reach at this spot, I totally see the Flyers building the team around this guy.
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-Ok hear me out Capital fans. I know it would be wise to select Michkov if he’s available cause of the whole thing about getting him out of the KHL sooner, but the thing is, the Capitals drafted a Russian last year. I personally don’t like when a team drafts a Russian in the first round back-to-back seasons. Plus, Michkov has been backing away from interviews and didn’t attend the combine, so most teams won’t know much about him. Another piece to add is that a Capitals scout apparently said that Michkov has character issues, which I agree with. While I still wouldn’t be shocked to see the Capitals draft Michkov, but I think the safer option is Benson. Dvorsky is also a good option, but I prefer Benson solely based on skating and skill. He’s on the small side at 5’8”, but has all the offensive skill in the world to go in the top 10. Mostly described as a dual-offensive threat, from the booming shot to the wizard-like playmaking. Benson is a menace in the offensive zone, he always thinks one step ahead of the defender and has above average skating. Size won’t be an issue, Benson could easily find a way into the NHL next season just based on the smarts and skating. Will be a legit top line LW once Benson reaches his full potential. But once again, I will not be shocked to see Michkov being drafted here.
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-This is the biggest reach of the draft. Yzerman’s 3 targets are Moore, Willander, and Honzek. But Yzerman HIMSELF has scouted Honzek and he normally doesn’t do that unless he has strong interest in that player. Honzek will be drafted at this spot, it’s a big reach, but we all know how much of a genius Yzerman is. Honzek plays a game that is similar of Mark Schiefele, a lethal offensive threat but the effort without the puck is worrisome. However, with the puck Honzek is dangerous. He has all the offensive tools to succeed. Booming shot, great size at 6’4”, excellent playmaking. Skates relatively well considering the big frame. All and all, this is a Steve Yzerman pick 100%, I do prefer Willander here cause of the gaping hole at RD (especially after acquiring DeBrincat). This player will take a few years, but will be totally worth the wait.
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-I see the Blues going one of two ways with this pick: center or defenders. There are more options at defense later in the round, so the best option personally is a center. The highest center on my board is Oliver Moore, and ideally this is the perfect player for the Blues. Moore plays a game that the Blues look for in their players: hard nosed, fast, crafty playmaker. Also not shy of being aggressive and is able to get into the dirty areas. The Blues found themselves in a hole when O’Rielly left, the gap down the middle will soon be filled by Moore.
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-This is where Michkov will land. Vancouver has showed that they don’t fear the Russian talent, with the Podkolzin pick and the Kuzmenko signing (which has turned out great for them). I originally thought that Michkov would be drafted in the top 10, but after hearing that he was backing away from interviews combined with not attending the Combine, it made me think that he will fall out of the top 10. The Canucks do need defenseman more, but Michkov’s talent is undeniable. He’s ideally the second-best prospect in the draft and could have gone 1st overall if he were able to play in the NHL next season. But the Canucks will have to wait 3 years, but once again they aren’t afraid of waiting on Russians. They did have to wait 2 years for Podkolzin to make it to the NHL. Get the potential out of Michkov, he will be the new face of the franchise for the struggling Canucks.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsSlight reach here, but looking at Arizona’s timeline, they can gamble on Gulyayev. The Coyotes got their guy in Reinbacher, Gulyayev would be an excellent flank. He plays an opposite side, all-offensive game. While still maintaining defensive standards, Gulyayev has a high motor, excellent 200-ft game, and booming shot. On the small side for a defender at 5’10”, but the hockey IQ and skating make up for it. If the Russian factor hadn’t come into play here, Gulyayev would be NHL ready. Will soon prove to be a steal for Arizona, I see a lot of Cale Makar in this kid.
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-THIS IS THE JETS PICK (SEE TRADE 4). As a Jets fan, the franchise is in shambles. Their top forwards might be traded and they could even lose Connor Hellebuyck. So the best thing to do is either go BPA or be buzzworthy with this pick. If Barlow is still on the board, it would be stupid to pass over him. This is yet another steal for the Jets, Barlow is clearly a top 15 guy in this draft. Solid winger that can play in all situations of the game, from even strength to special teams. Just a strong two-way winger, he reminds me of a lefty Mark Stone. Barlow’s arrival to the NHL may come sooner than expected as he currently has and NHL-ready shot and the proper size. Good all-around player that could be impactful for the Jets, but Barlow just needs to throw hits more. He has excellent physicality, he just doesn’t use it as much as expected. The Jets have tons of forwards that will or could be traded, getting an all-situations guy could be the move here. Will pair up nicely with offensive guys like Perfetti and Lambert.
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-THIS IS THE CANADIENS PICK (SEE TRADES 2-3). This is turning out to be a nice draft for the Canadiens. Dvorsky is a guy they have been scouting for a while, as much as Leonard. So having Dvorsky fall to 14th is amazing for them. He’s an amazing two-way forward, but I do see him as a potential faller due to the lack of speed he has. Dvorsky is agile, but doesn’t have speed or acceleration in him. But Kent Hughes has shown that he doesn’t care about that, as shown by the Slafkovsky pick. Dvorsky has an amazing 200-ft game, a booming shot, elite puck handling. Can also be bet on during defensive situations as well. All and all, a steal by the Canadiens and they will skip rather than walk home.
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-With Barry Trotz now at the helm, Nashville will play it safe. They draft Willander here, we all know that Trotz loves his defenseman. A lot of people might hate on this pick, and I get it, but WIllander is 11th on my draft board. I actually have him higher than Pelikka, who’s 14th on the list. Willander is an opposite player, better defensively but worse offensively. He can break up plays, display excellent stick checking and aggressiveness. The offense has a lot to be desired, though its slowly improving as shown during the U18’s. Really good first pick for Trotz, the future of Nashville will lie in great hands.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-The fall of Gabe Perreault ends here. After Michkov, this is the biggest steal of the draft. Calgary hits a home run here, Perreault is ranked #9 on my board. Getting him at 16th is amazing, but I do see Perreault falling. Mostly because he’s a slow skater, very often he tends to be the third man to enter the offensive zone. But he does have high-end playmaking and plays with poise. Perreault reminds me of Cole Perfetti in many ways, amazing playmaker, on the small side at 5’10”, insane shot, and elite hockey IQ. And no, Perreault isn’t carried by Will Smith, he does have more points. Calgary does need a playmaker to replace Johnny Gaudreau, Perreault can the Flames out during the long run. Calgary fans will be through the roof with this selection.
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersTHIS IS THE SENATORS PICK (SEE TRADE 1). This is also a very big reach. But the Senators love their Americans, I totally see Dorion taking this route. He grabs the American sniper Ethan Gauthier. This feels like a Sens type pick, Gauthier is the goal-scorer that Stutzle needs. The Senators have a young top line of Tkachuk-Stutzle-???. You need a sniper there. Gauthier can be that guy. Really good goal-scorer with an above average offensive toolkit. Can also excel defensively, Gauthier is actually really solid on the PK. All and all, a solid goal-scorer that could flank Stutzle for years to come.
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Winnipeg does NOT need defense. They have a logjam in the position. Forwards is the way to go, especially if Danielson is sitting on the board. He’s a guy near their backyard that Rick Bowness will love. On a bad team, Danielson produced well offensively. But he mostly excels defensively from breaking up plays and using his size. Also a really fast skater as well, especially for his 6’2” frame. Its surprising to see Danielson available at 18th, so if anything this is a minor steal for the Jets. Getting two all-situation players in Barlow and Danielson is something to cheer about. And they have another pick later.
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningWithin the past few days, there has been a lot of talk about who Chicago will take with this pick. Based off rumors I’ve heard, they are really interested in Daniil But. Cristall is also a person targeted, but if Wood was sitting on the board, it would be tough to pass up on him. Chicago gets a gift here, Wood is 15th on my board, so falling five spots is a win-win situation. But I do think he falls, mostly cause of skating. While he plays with speed, Wood lacks agility on his feet. But there is still lots to like about this kid. Many scouts label him as a sniper, but I disagree with that take. Yes he has an NHL-ready shot, but Wood also uses his 6’3” frame really well, making for a really good power forward. He’s got all the offense to succeed at the NHL level, he just needs to improve his play inside his own end. Also if Wood can improve his agility, he will be an excellent partner for Bedard, whom he’s actually great friends with. The chemistry would be undeniable between the two.
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-The Kraken absolutely need prospects at the back end. They already have their future 1-2 punch of Beniers and Wright. Kartye has also emerged into a solid prospect. But behind Ryker Evans and Ty Nelson, there aren’t many high-end defenders in Seattle’s prospect pool. Bonk has better upside than both of them, Seattle should absolutely select him. He also feels like a Kraken in many ways as his play style is similar to Adam Larsson’s. Super skilled defensively with a slowly improving offensive game. Bonk is also the draft’s best puck handler. Even when being pressured, Bonk is still able to keep the puck on his stick. His shot is incredible and the ability to control the gaps is tremendous. Two years of seasoning should turn Bonk into an effective top 4 defender for the rising Kraken.
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-The Wild should go for size after grabbing smaller prospects. Some might call this off-the-board, but really its not. David Edstrom is ranked 21st on my board, and he feels like a Wild-type pick. While being responsible offensively, Edstrom does excel in the offensive aspects of the game. He has the best net front presence in the draft, really good skater, and can play under pressure. In order to get into the NHL, Edstrom just needs to bulk up in order to continue his physical game. All and all, a really good pick for the Wild, Edstrom can fit in nicely down the middle behind Rossi.
22Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Los Angeles KingsGiven the fact that Keith Jones wants to build around the blue line, drafting Simashev wouldn’t be a bad choice. It’s a risk worth taking, if Philadelphia can get him to his full potential, Simashev will turn into an excellent flank for Sandin-Pelikka, and turn out to be an effective top pairing guy. While Pelikka is an offensive defenseman, Simashev is a really good defensive defender. He has shown small flashes of brilliant offensive plays, but he’s mostly known for his flashiness defensively. From the gap control to using his frame, Simashev can do it all defensively. Will take 2-3 years to get Simashev into the NHL, but it will be worth the wait. He will guaranteed be in the top 10 in every redraft within 5 years.
23Logo of the New York Rangers-Rangers go with a project in Yager. They have tons of young defenseman to work around, going with a forward makes the most sense. BPA in exact terms. Yager is the best player available, but I have him going lower mainly because of skating and inconsistent point production. I could see him going anywhere between 10-30. This is a prospect that can play in all situations of the game. Already has an NHL-ready shot, but is mostly known for his amazing hockey IQ. Yager has all the necessary tools to become a offensive force in the NHL, but he’s too slow for an NHL center. Putting him on the wing makes sense, the lack of speed isn’t really noticeable if he plays in that position. Average size at 6’0”, but he needs to bulk up slightly. Lafreniere and Kakko aren’t working out, let Yager take over.
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersNashville got their center in Danielson, now its time to draft another glaring need: a defenseman. Preferably right-shot, and the best one available would be Gavin McCarthy. Some may think this is a big reach, but really its not. His defensive game alone is worthy of the first round. But the same cannot be said about his offense. Its inconsistent, but whenever it is there, McCarthy is a top 15 player in the draft. He’s America’s defensive defender in this draft, McCarthy displays excellent stick checking and aggressiveness in order to break up plays. Also uses his size at 6’1” extremely well. Offensively, whenever its there, McCarthy has excellent vision and can create scoring opportunities. Also has a cannon-like shot. Overall, I see top 4 upside in McCarthy, he could even make an excellent flank to Josi.
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsTHIS IS THE FLYERS PICK (SEE TRADE 5). With the Flyers establishing their future top pair in Simashev and Sandin-Pelikka, they grab the once projected top 10 winger Eduard Sale. Under the direction of Torts, Sale’s defensive woes won’t be a big issue as Torts can solve it easily. Torts is really committed to defensive hockey. But Sale’s draft stock declined when his point production was subpar at the second half of the season. But he still has high-end talent, elite vision, dynamic playmaking, and a booming shot. Excellent size for a playmaker at 6’2”. Above average skater as well. If Torts can whip this kid into shape, Philadelphia would be getting themselves a steal with this pick
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsWith the Sharks timeline to be competitive, they can afford to take risks during the draft. I see them doing it here, all signs point to them taking a Russian in round one. They draft Daniil But, who is exactly what Mike Grier is looking for. He wants size, and But has an NHL ready frame. Plays a defensive two-way game, simply a worse version of Dvorsky. While improving his offensive upside, But is really oriented defensively. The talent all-around is top 10 worthy, and But would be picked in that area if the Russian factor wasn’t in play. All and all, a really solid project pick here. A right-shot defender is also tempting here, but in the 2024 Draft there are a lot of those. The Sharks will probably be in the lottery hunt, they can wait to draft one then.
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-After a disappointing playoff run, the Avalanche still have a gaping hole at the 2C spot. Newhook could be that guy, but he hasn’t developed into the guy that the Avalanche were hoping to get. Let Heidt take over the 2C spot and inject skill and offense. He falls into Colorado’s lap here, mostly because his defensive upside is a big question mark. But with Colorado being such a deep team, they can be patient with Heidt’s development. It will take a few years for Heidt to get into the NHL, but he will be worth the wait.
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsI think the Maple Leafs should be buzzworthy with this pick or play it safe as two of the Core 4 could be dealt. Picking Cristall could create some buzz, this is more of a project pick. He’s on the small side at 5’9”, but one of the slowest skaters in this early portion of the draft. I have him going lower than most people on this site. While the talent is undeniable, I don’t like his size and skating. But Cristall can inject tons of offense on a team that will lose their top 4 forwards. He has tremendous playmaking and a booming shot. A bit of a gamble, but it could end up working. If it does, Cristall will become an excellent top line winger.
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas StarsWith this pick, they get their needed defender in Lindstein. He’s Sweden’s defensive defender, essientally a worse version of McCarthy. Same upside, but smaller and less offensive. I’ve seen Caden Price linked to St. Louis, but he’s not worth drafting this high. Lindstein is, however. A future middle pair of Simashev and Lindstein would be deadly for years to come. If Lindstein turns back into the top 10 pick he once was, he could become a legit top pairing defender.
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Carolina was easy to predict. Despite ending off their playoff run in disappointing fashion, I still love the team they have, and their AHL barn is also stacked. I think they go BPA, and that would be Calum Ritchie. He’s been linked to the Jets by most people on this site, but I don’t like the amount of offense he brings. Yes, he has the tools to succeed in the NHL, but Ritchie tends to be selfish with the puck. But his defensive game and skating is really good and Ritchie also has decent size at 6’2”. The Hurricanes should be satisfied with this choice, if Ritchie can become more consistent offensively, this could wind up being a steal. Ritchie could take over the 2C role perfectly.
31Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersTHIS IS THE JETS PICK (SEE TRADE 2-3). Three picks in the first round is something to ride home about. The top 6 feels sorted out. The 1-2 punch down the middle could be McGroarty and Danielson. At LW it could be Connor and Barlow. At RW it could be Lambert and Lucius. I think the Jets go one of two ways with this pick: goalie or winger. It was hard to decide, but I think Jayden Perron will be the pick. This is an intriguing prospect here, Perron is 2023’s Lane Hutson pick. This kid has no holes in his game apart from size at 5’8”, 165 lbs. Perron is still a really smart playmaker with amazing net front presence. Can shoot the puck from anywhere. Pretty much the perfect gamble to take here, Perron is a high upside pick for the Jets.
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-With Vegas, its pretty obvious that they should go BPA. I see a deep team whenever I watch Vegas. Currently based off my board, the BPA at the moment is Dragicevic. If anything, this is a steal for the Golden Knights, Dragicevic is ranked #24 on my board. However, I do see him falling because of his weak defense. His defensive capabilities is probably the worst at this stage of the draft, the upside for Dragicevic defensively is extremely low at this point. However, its quite the opposite offensively. He reminds me of Tyson Barrie, highly offensive but minimal defensive effort. Dragicevic has excellent size, skating, and a booming shot from the point. But the Golden Knights can afford to be patient with Dragicevic’s development. Or they can just trade him, like they have done with every first round prospect they drafted (apart from Brisson).
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-The second round I won’t go too deep into explanations. For this pick, Anaheim now has prospects at every position, except for a RD with size. The guy they grab here is Maxim Strbak. Large frame at 6’2” and over 200 lbs, but plays a gritty defensive game that the Ducks desperately lack. Would pair up nicely with Mintyukov in the future.
34Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Even with Fantilli, the center depth in Columbus is still very thin. They grab the Swedish playmaker Stenberg. He’s Niklas Backstrom 2.0., while being on the small side at 5’10”, Stenberg displays excellent playmaking with an above average shot. A 1-2 punch of Fantilli and Stenberg is something for Columbus fans to smile about.
35Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-This is 2023’s Brad Lambert-type pick. Stramel’s point production was abysmal, but it could have been due to the team around him. On a better team, Stramel could have put up more points. If next year is a bounce-back year, this could end up being a steal of a pick. Was once considered to be a top 5 player in the draft, Bedard and Stramel could wind up being an excellent 1-2 punch for Chicago if the gamble pays off.
36Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Along with size, Grier also said he wants elite goalies after years of having average starters. I could see this pick being involved in a Karlsson deal, but if it isn’t, the Sharks select the big Czechia goalie Michael Hrabal. The #2 goalie on my board, but the biggest one available. Has the Ben Bishop mold, already NHL-ready size at 6’6”, but has really solid post-to-post movement and athleticism. Hrabal has all the tools to become an elite goalie in the NHL, he needs to tighten up his angles better as he lets in too many sharp angle goals.
37Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-With Montreal’s third pick of the draft, they go BPA, which is Halttunen.
38Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Tomas Milic
Like the Nelson pick, this one is very intriguing. The JJ Moser pick is paying off well, but Arizona needs a young goalie that can play ASAP. That would be the overaged Milic, apart from his average size at 6’0”, there’s really no holes in his game.
39Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Philadelphia FlyersWith Buffalo’s second pick, they opt for another RD that is currently rising up the ranks.
40Logo of the Washington Capitals-Here the Caps address their D core, with this pick they land a guy that plays a lot like John Carlson. So why not learn under Carlson himself?
41Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-With Bertuzzi gone, there is a gaping hole at LW. Detroit steals Musty with this pick.
42Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the St. Louis BluesThey just solved their hole at LW, Detroit also has a hole at RD with Hronek gone. Allen was once a top 10 pick, but subpar production made his stock dip.
43Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Vancouver CanucksDetroit’s center depth would be set up after this pick. Apart from his 5’8” frame, Pinelli has no glaring flaws in his game. But most GMs seem to care about size, that’s why Pinelli falls.
44Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsThis guy has the best versatily out of anyone in the draft. Can play center or defense.
45Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Its been rumored that the Sabres want a Russian, they reach on Kantserov.
46Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsMorin and McCarthy would make for a high-end shutdown pairing in the future.
47Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nashville gets another center with this pick. Already has experience playing with fellow Denmark countrymen Nikolaj Ehlers.
48Logo of the Calgary Flames-Calgary needs a power forward, here they get a guy that has the Matthew Tkachuk mold. Small but plays a really gritty game with high offense.
49Logo of the New York Islanders-LD is a glaring need for the Islanders, they get a Torey Krug type guy in Cagnoni.
50Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Winnipeg JetsThe Lind bros reunite! Super Lind Bros for the win!!!!
51Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningSome have this guy as high as 20th. Without Heidt this kid isn't all that noticeable on the ice. However, whenever he is with Heidt, Ziemmer is easily a top player in the draft.
52Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Seattle should keep grabbing defenders. After taking a detour on Lind, they opt for the two-way Molendyk.
53Logo of the Minnesota Wild-The Wild get a guy that was once projected as a top 15 guy heading into the season. Dumba's future is unknown, here they get a Jared Spurgeon-type player.
54Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Kings land the #1 goalie on my board in Augustine. The Quick era has come to an end, Petersen has been traded, and Korpisalo is likely going to free agency. Adding a young goalie in the prospect pool wouldn't be a bad choice.
55Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the New York RangersChicago takes a risk on taking the overaged Gazizov.
56Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-I don't see the Oilers leaving the draft without a goalie. Bjarnason may have had bad stats, but at the same time he was playing on a bad team. He has elite goalie upside.
57Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLike Edmonton, I also don't see the Kraken leaving the draft without a goalie. Gajan has been rising up the draft boards lately.
58Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Biggest steal of the draft. Offensive upside is a question mark for Wahlberg
59Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Colorado AvalancheBPA is the way to go with these back-to-back picks.
60Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsBPA here as well.
61Logo of the Dallas Stars-Stars need a RD badly, they grab the best one available.
62Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-THIS IS THE JETS PICK (SEE TRADE 6). Finnipeg opts for a Finnish goalie. A bit of a reach, but this guy was in the top 20 of my rankings to start the season. Criminally underrated goalie prospect, Luukkonen and Zavragin would be a solid tandem for the future.
63Logo of the Florida Panthers-This kid was dominant in the BCHL, whether or not Nadeau can handle stronger competition is a question mark. I've seen him being drafted as high as 25th on some mocks.
64Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsSome label Brindley as a first round pick, but I personally see him falling to late second round, early third round. Really skilled playmaker, but lacks size and acceleration.
Jun. 23, 2023 at 4:19 p.m.
power forward
Jun. 23, 2023 at 4:20 p.m.
power forward
WPGSK liked this.
power forward
power forward
SJSGM liked this.
power forward
Bdawwwgy1 liked this.
Jun. 23, 2023 at 4:24 p.m.
58. New Jersey Devils - Anton Wahlberg

(Devils win the draft)
Z0ra liked this.
Jun. 23, 2023 at 4:28 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks
Quoting: Z0ra
Brian_O_Blivion HabsCanucks Bdawwwgy1

I’d be shocked if musty goes that low but if cbj skipped him I’d be so mad
Z0ra liked this.
Jun. 23, 2023 at 4:31 p.m.
Lololol the blues have no need for Hayes. WE are retooling so why are we bringing in an older player. Also hayes is not getting a first plus Bolduc
Z0ra liked this.
Jun. 23, 2023 at 4:31 p.m.
mokumboi
The Blues are NOT making that trade. They would not give Bolduc straight up for that, let alone add a 1st. Moore and Lindstein are excellent picks, zero complaints with those.
Z0ra liked this.
Jun. 23, 2023 at 4:32 p.m.
VAN gets Michkov at 11…yuge
DET gets Debrincat at $4m/year? Wow.
CHI did well
STL could have done better.
WPG does very well via trades

Awesome stuff.
Z0ra and WPGSK liked this.
Jun. 23, 2023 at 4:34 p.m.
Moo-kama-doo-lin
Well done. I have no criticisms with the Sharks pick this time as I like But and Hrabal. Still slightly prefer Michkov but am very happy with Smith centering Eklund down the road.
Z0ra liked this.
Jun. 23, 2023 at 4:46 p.m.
WPGSK
LOVING the trades for WPG and I'm a big fan of Danielson. You WIN!
Z0ra liked this.
Jun. 23, 2023 at 5:02 p.m.
Think the floor for Michkov is WSH. After yesterday's press conference I really think Philly is considering Michkov, if they add another 1st I definitely think they'd take the swing on him.
Z0ra liked this.
Jun. 23, 2023 at 5:28 p.m.
Trade 2 is really bad for the Habs. I wouldn't trade Dach for PLD, let alone Dach plus a 1st.
Trade 3 is great for the Habs though, and Dvorsky at 14 is a huge steal. Really not sure why the Habs are spending big on Dubois if we're about to pick up our future 2C here. Caufield, Suzuki, Dach, Slafkovsky, Dvorsky, and Leonard is a good top 6 to build around.
Leonard and Halttunen are both good picks.

Michkov to Vancouver is great.
Jun. 23, 2023 at 6:41 p.m.
Joe
Z0ra my man, you're gonna get a scouting job. This is an insane job of passion.
Z0ra and WPGSK liked this.
Jun. 23, 2023 at 6:42 p.m.
Joe
Quoting: NHLfan10506
58. New Jersey Devils - Anton Wahlberg

(Devils win the draft)

Wahlberger
Z0ra liked this.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 12:45 a.m.
i really love the work put into the picks! cant say i agree with most of the trades, but that is always harder to predict. I really appreciate that you dont make the same safe mock drafts that people have been doing for the past 3 months and go for bold pick and reaches, which happens every draft!
Z0ra liked this.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 9:57 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: Tennisman142
Lololol the blues have no need for Hayes. WE are retooling so why are we bringing in an older player. Also hayes is not getting a first plus Bolduc

Quoting: mokumboi
The Blues are NOT making that trade. They would not give Bolduc straight up for that, let alone add a 1st. Moore and Lindstein are excellent picks, zero complaints with those.

Apparently its rumored that the Blues and Flyers are finalizing a trade centered around Hayes. The deal could look different than mine though, I'm not really the best at making realistic mock trades. But expect a Blues and Flyers trade within the next 24-48 hours.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 9:59 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: Bdawwwgy1
I’d be shocked if musty goes that low but if cbj skipped him I’d be so mad

Columbus doesn't need any wingers, especially LW. Johnson and Marchenko can play the position. Sillinger at best is a low-end 2C. Laine, Chinakov and at RW. Centers are a clear need for the Blue Jackets.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 10:00 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: NHLfan10506
VAN gets Michkov at 11…yuge
DET gets Debrincat at $4m/year? Wow.
CHI did well
STL could have done better.
WPG does very well via trades

Awesome stuff.

Good takes. But now I'm thinking Michkov goes at 7th as Briere is strongly considering taking Michkov now.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 10:01 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: Brian_O_Blivion
Well done. I have no criticisms with the Sharks pick this time as I like But and Hrabal. Still slightly prefer Michkov but am very happy with Smith centering Eklund down the road.

Yea I was torn betweeen Smith and Michkov. But the fact that the Sharks took Smith out to dinner is a sense of foreshadowing that they will take him if available.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 10:02 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: WPGSK
LOVING the trades for WPG and I'm a big fan of Danielson. You WIN!

Yea the Jets get a decent haul here. Barlow and Danielson is pure gold.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 10:03 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: flyersarephilly
Think the floor for Michkov is WSH. After yesterday's press conference I really think Philly is considering Michkov, if they add another 1st I definitely think they'd take the swing on him.

Yea I actually heard about that rumor after posting this. Even Washington wants to trade up.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 10:04 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: HabsCanucks
Trade 2 is really bad for the Habs. I wouldn't trade Dach for PLD, let alone Dach plus a 1st.
Trade 3 is great for the Habs though, and Dvorsky at 14 is a huge steal. Really not sure why the Habs are spending big on Dubois if we're about to pick up our future 2C here. Caufield, Suzuki, Dach, Slafkovsky, Dvorsky, and Leonard is a good top 6 to build around.
Leonard and Halttunen are both good picks.

Michkov to Vancouver is great.

Thank you for the feedback.

For trade 2, I actually posted the same one, except without Dach. But based on comments, people were saying it was too little value. Dubois can also play LW.

Lines could be:

Slafkovsky-Suzuki-Caufield
Dubois-Dvorsky-Leonard
Farrell-Roy-Mesar
HabsCanucks liked this.
Jun. 24, 2023 at 10:07 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
Z0ra my man, you're gonna get a scouting job. This is an insane job of passion.

Thank you! I could make a solid Craig Button replacement lol.
JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll