SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #2: Early Overreactions

Jan. 9 at 4:46 p.m.
JimmyPaek
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Lindros told the Nordiques prior to selecting him that he wouldn't play for them. Gauthier said he was "made to be a Flyer" (according to Briere). Slightly different in that regard, but more or less the same. I get it's tough for Flyers fans, but the hate sent Cutter's way is unreal

IF the kid was not honest with the Flyers during the draft interview process then yes that’s on him.
A_Habs_fan and Saskleaf liked this.
Jan. 9 at 4:48 p.m.
Lindros told the Nordiques prior to selecting him that he wouldn't play for them. Gauthier said he was "made to be a Flyer" (according to Briere). Slightly different in that regard, but more or less the same. I get it's tough for Flyers fans, but the hate sent Cutter's way is unreal

Really depends on Cutter's reasoning, if he lied to the Flyers/got butt-hurt because the Flyers didn't give him a contract, I'd say that's on him and he does deserve a certain level of hate (not excessive hate though)
Saskleaf liked this.
Jan. 9 at 5:23 p.m.
Respect Mike Grier
Quoting: IconicHawk
Most sane Philadelphians:

Pinning it as a Phildelphia thing is also wrong...

It's a bad people thing. There people in every fan base who are bad people.

See: Kadri-- he got death threats from Blues fans
See: Jake Debrusk He got death threats | https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/2019/04/26/no-room-in-the-nhl-for-death-threats-boston-bruins-jake-debrusk-was-targeted/
See: J.T Brown - Got Death Threats https://madison365.com/j-t-brown-faces-backlash-becoming-first-nhl-player-join-national-anthem-protest/
See: David Reinbacher - Who got death Threats https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/habs-first-rounder-david-reinbacher-receives-hate-messages-and-death-threats-from-fans-in-montreal

and countless more examples...
Jan. 9 at 5:28 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: mokumboi
And now Hayes is getting death threats from Flyers fans. Did Anthony SanFilippo start this? He's a f'in clown.

https://twitter.com/CrossingBroad/status/1744547990994325572?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Low class from SanFilippo and the Flyers fans sending their own player death threats
edeangel84 liked this.
Jan. 9 at 5:33 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR

See: Jake Debrusk He got death threats | https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/2019/04/26/no-room-in-the-nhl-for-death-threats-boston-bruins-jake-debrusk-was-targeted/
See: J.T Brown - Got Death Threats https://madison365.com/j-t-brown-faces-backlash-becoming-first-nhl-player-join-national-anthem-protest/
See: David Reinbacher - Who got death Threats https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/habs-first-rounder-david-reinbacher-receives-hate-messages-and-death-threats-from-fans-in-montreal

I didn't realize it happened to DeBrusk from Leafs fan...

I am absolutely embarrassed as a Leafs fan as we shouldn't sink that low over a game of hockey... I get being upset, but being as immature as to send someone death threats is childish

And also, embarrassing for NHL fans to constantly have all these different players receive death threats when guys like Reinbacher did the horrid crime of getting selected by their favourite team
Jan. 9 at 7:11 p.m.
Quoting: edeangel84
I don’t necessarily disagree but is this that different from what Adam Fox did? Or even Eric Lindros?

1-Lindros made it known before the draft he wouldn't play for a team ran by Marcel Aubut (the then owner of the Nordiques)
2-Fox didn't change him mind on a dime like Gauthier did. He just never signed in CGY. Gauthier, a few months ago, wanted to play in PHI, then in the WJC he and his agent deliberately ghosted the Flyers because he didn't want to play for them anymore.
Jan. 9 at 7:21 p.m.
JimmyPaek

Th entire sports fan culture of Philly paints its own picture. Every team has had disgraceful moments from the fans and that goes back decades and decades long before everyone captured everything on social media.
Jan. 9 at 7:21 p.m.
JimmyPaek
Quoting: WJC_Enthusiast
1-Lindros made it known before the draft he wouldn't play for a team ran by Marcel Aubut (the then owner of the Nordiques)
2-Fox didn't change him mind on a dime like Gauthier did. He just never signed in CGY. Gauthier, a few months ago, wanted to play in PHI, then in the WJC he and his agent deliberately ghosted the Flyers because he didn't want to play for them anymore.

I’d like to hear from the kid before I take the Flyers at their word
Jan. 9 at 7:23 p.m.
I’d like to hear from the kid before I take the Flyers at their word

Oh yeah don't get me wrong if Philly did something nasty then I'll be happy to change my opinion but what really leaves a bad taste in my mouth is him and his agent just ghosting the team during the WJC. That's just not the professional way to do it.
Saskleaf liked this.
Jan. 9 at 7:47 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
For SJS sake pray for Celibrini and not a DET curse

Thats the only reward to make this season feel worth it
Jan. 9 at 7:50 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Of the bottom feeding teams, which team do you want to see land Celebrini? Sharks are definitely the most deserving, and Celebrini as spent many of his teenage years in the Bay Area while his Dad worked for the Warriors. The Bedard - Celebrini Vancouver connection would also be a lot of fun
Jan. 9 at 8:06 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Jesus that Holmberg goal
Jan. 9 at 9:44 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
If Zegras is actually available Avs should be all over it

I know hes not had the greatest season but this kids got talent and I could see him thrive with the Avs.

Also if Chycrun is available man thats the #1 D available this TDL no questions asked
Jan. 9 at 9:59 p.m.
Respect Mike Grier
Th entire sports fan culture of Philly paints its own picture. Every team has had disgraceful moments from the fans and that goes back decades and decades long before everyone captured everything on social media.

You can literally say that about every big sports town though.

You just see it more with teams like the Leafs, Habs, Flyers, or Cowboys and Steelers+ because well they have a lot larger fanbases than most teams.

No fanbase is immune to having bad people root for them. Bad people are from all over.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jan. 9 at 10:11 p.m.
stop daddy it hurts
Of the bottom feeding teams, which team do you want to see land Celebrini? Sharks are definitely the most deserving, and Celebrini as spent many of his teenage years in the Bay Area while his Dad worked for the Warriors. The Bedard - Celebrini Vancouver connection would also be a lot of fun

I don’t see the Sharks taking Celebrini, they’ve already got packed centre depth. I would like to see the Sharks take Levshunov.

It would be cool to see Celebrini as a Sabre or a Senator, since they could be amazing in the future, especially with Celebrini.
Jan. 9 at 11:06 p.m.
I feel like the people on Trade Machine make up a whole different crowd than the forums
BuFfaLOFaN, NorthernLeafsFan05, Saskleaf and 4 others liked this.
Jan. 9 at 11:09 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: NHLfan10506
I feel like the people on Trade Machine make up a whole different crowd than the forums

100%. Most of the avid trade machine users don't have any likes or ACGM teams. It's really cool how the different features on the site draw different types of hockey fans. Im amazed how little overlap there is between forum / ACGM / trade machine users. Mock draft is really the exception to that
Jan. 9 at 11:19 p.m.

Quoting: Leafsfan98
I didn't realize it happened to DeBrusk from Leafs fan...

I am absolutely embarrassed as a Leafs fan as we shouldn't sink that low over a game of hockey... I get being upset, but being as immature as to send someone death threats is childish

And also, embarrassing for NHL fans to constantly have all these different players receive death threats when guys like Reinbacher did the horrid crime of getting selected by their favourite team

I just feel that the NHL getting more in-bed with gambling (the money will dictate this) will create more and more of this type of behavior in "hockey hotbed" markets especially.
Leafsfan98 liked this.
Jan. 9 at 11:24 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
If Zegras is actually available Avs should be all over it

I know hes not had the greatest season but this kids got talent and I could see him thrive with the Avs.

Also if Chycrun is available man thats the #1 D available this TDL no questions asked

No thank you. Zegras would be in culture shock on the Avs. Landeskog, MacKinnon, Rantanen would not put up with one-way BS; and that is not even talking about Bednar.

I don't think he is going anywhere; just because of Cutter Gauthier at least.
Jan. 9 at 11:41 p.m.
Go leafs go

Honestly I forgot trade machine existed lol
Jan. 10 at 9:38 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: Sharkie69
I don’t see the Sharks taking Celebrini, they’ve already got packed centre depth. I would like to see the Sharks take Levshunov.

It would be cool to see Celebrini as a Sabre or a Senator, since they could be amazing in the future, especially with Celebrini.

If the Sharks want Levshunov they should definitely trade down to 4 or 5. There's one person I know who thinks Levshunov is top 1 talent.
Or they can just take Celebrini and have a disgusting 1-2 punch of Celebrini-Smith in the future. This means they move Hertl - maybe to Boston
Sharkie69 liked this.
Jan. 10 at 12:06 p.m.
Quoting: zk97
If the Sharks want Levshunov they should definitely trade down to 4 or 5. There's one person I know who thinks Levshunov is top 1 talent.
Or they can just take Celebrini and have a disgusting 1-2 punch of Celebrini-Smith in the future. This means they move Hertl - maybe to Boston

im disappointed to not see kulich in your top 10 centers...he is a stud.
Jan. 10 at 1:07 p.m.
Bedard23

The forums are more for those who’ve been here long enough
capsfan2121 liked this.
Jan. 10 at 2:33 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Lindstrom claimed by Anaheim. Best of luck to him.
Jan. 10 at 4:56 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Honestly got to give it to the NHL as no longer do they got the worst officiating

Neither does the MLB

Congrats: NBA this year you got the title

And no this is not from last night. But man NBA officiating took like 2 steps back. CP might have been right

Other leagues should watch and go this is what not to do lul

But hey good for a guy to call em out. Gonna get fined like the Rangers did when they called DOPS out but hey thumbs up someone had to do it

As man imagine that **** in the NHL. You would have coaches jumping over the boards and fighting refs

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll