Forums/Armchair-GM

Let the kids play out the season

Created by: PantsOffnJacket
Team: 2023-24 Columbus Blue Jackets
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 2, 2024
Published: Feb. 2, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Just thoughts... Would the teams be interested? Too much? Too little? Let's hear it
Trades
CBJ
  1. Edvinsson, Simon
  2. Gostisbehere, Shayne
  3. Husso, Ville
  4. 2024 1st round pick (DET)
  5. 2024 2nd round pick (DET)
CBJ
  1. 2025 1st round pick (TOR)
  2. 2025 4th round pick (NYR)
  3. 2026 2nd round pick (TOR)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$60,904,167$0$8,600,000$22,595,833
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$9,750,000$9,750,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,200,000$3M)
C
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,525,000$1,525,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$975,000$975,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,725,000$4,725,000
LD
UFA - 2
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$1,050,000$1,050,000
G
RFA - 2
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
RFA - 3
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
RD
RFA - 3
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 2 at 9:08 p.m.
Fire J.D. too
Id really like to see Detroit make a significant move like this one. They're really due for some success and Zach is locked up for his prime years. Would be huge. Elvis also playing better then husso, has term to buy time for cossa in about 2-3years.

Laine, Chicago needs to get someone to play with bedard and after a few seasons riding shotgun Laine could be worth a lot if traded (or re-sign him) and they've got the cap space.
aedoran liked this.
Feb. 2 at 9:08 p.m.
Tank it baby
Red Wings trade is pure CFACGM Fantasyland! 🙄

They're not trading Edvinsson. 😬
aedoran and mikearky liked this.
Feb. 2 at 9:13 p.m.
Fire J.D. too
Quoting: SharkTank
Red Wings trade is pure CFACGM Fantasyland! 🙄

They're not trading Edvinsson. 😬

I mean sure almost everything in this site is a joke lol

but atleast when acquiring a #1 dman like Werenski it's going to cost ya , especially when they have term over their entire prime years.
aedoran and Hawksguy81 liked this.
Feb. 2 at 9:14 p.m.
Tank it baby
Quoting: PantsOffnJacket
I mean sure almost everything in this site is a joke lol

but atleast when acquiring a #1 dman like Werenski it's going to cost ya , especially when they have term over their entire prime years.

Who says Detroit wants Werenski?

I haven't seen this anywhere. 🙄
mikearky and aedoran liked this.
Feb. 2 at 9:16 p.m.
Fire J.D. too

....this is just a thought 🙄
aedoran and MountRoyal liked this.
Feb. 2 at 9:17 p.m.
Tank it baby
....this is just a thought 🙄

Oh.

Great thought. 🙄
aedoran liked this.
Feb. 2 at 9:17 p.m.
I agree with you that it would take a massive pay like Edvinsson for Werenski. I just don't see us doing it, they are more part of the future also the cap implications for next season are really bad for us.
PantsOffnJacket and aedoran liked this.
Feb. 2 at 9:18 p.m.
Fire J.D. too
Oh.

Great thought. 🙄

🙄
Feb. 2 at 9:22 p.m.
Fire J.D. too
Quoting: Lancebmx
I agree with you that it would take a massive pay like Edvinsson for Werenski. I just don't see us doing it, they are more part of the future also the cap implications for next season are really bad for us.

Yeah I totally get that. These young top prospects are the hardest to let go, even for a pro like Werenski. And the cap sure would require some finessing to make it work, good point.

@Sharktank, this is how you discuss things lol
🙄
Feb. 2 at 9:24 p.m.
I’m glad you got the engagement and attention you clearly wanted by doing something as stupid as trading Zach Werenski. Room level IQ stuff.
aedoran liked this.
Feb. 2 at 9:25 p.m.
Yeah I totally get that. These young top prospects are the hardest to let go, even for a pro like Werenski. And the cap sure would require some finessing to make it work, good point.

Sharktank, this is how you discuss things lol
🙄

Basically would you trade Fantili for Larkin? That is basically how we feel about it, obviously different comparables but this is the idea. Teams rather gamble on their top picks I think, at least until they have proved something.
aedoran liked this.
Feb. 2 at 9:25 p.m.
I'd really like both of these for CBJ. I'm not necessarily "pro trade Werenski", but I do think there's a discussion to be had there. I kinda doubt Detroit would want to move Edvinsson to have Z count that much against their cap though. That's the kinda deal that makes sense, but just don't think DET would want to move him. Also like the idea of Elvis there too, he'd be totally fine on a team that can defend competently.
aedoran liked this.
Feb. 2 at 9:27 p.m.

Sharktank, this is how you discuss things lol
🙄

Same thought I'm having basically. If Werenski was still on a bridge for like 6 mil, it think it'd be fairly realistic. He's just got such a big cap hit for a non elite D man and Detroit needs to be smart w their money.
Feb. 2 at 9:31 p.m.
Fire J.D. too
Quoting: Lancebmx
Basically would you trade Fantili for Larkin? That is basically how we feel about it, obviously different comparables but this is the idea. Teams rather gamble on their top picks I think, at least until they have proved something.

I see what your saying, I'd only say the teams are going in different directions atm and for the next few years. So if Larkin was 26yrs old like Werenski and we were trying to make moves in the playoffs , it'd be something to at least weigh out
aedoran liked this.
Feb. 2 at 9:40 p.m.
Id really like to see Detroit make a significant move like this one. They're really due for some success and Zach is locked up for his prime years. Would be huge. Elvis also playing better then husso, has term to buy time for cossa in about 2-3years.

Laine, Chicago needs to get someone to play with bedard and after a few seasons riding shotgun Laine could be worth a lot if traded (or re-sign him) and they've got the cap space.

As a Detroit fan it's close for me. The biggest drawback for me is in the 4 previous seasons he has played in about 60% of the games and has already missed 12 this season. That's a whole lot to give up with his injury history. If Larkin knew Yzerman had a chance to bring Werenski to Detroit he might never forgive Yzerman. I don't think Detroit is in a position to make a significant move. A big part of of Detroit's core for years to come is still playing in the AHL and a couple in other leagues. Now Husso hasn't played a game since Dec. 18th but Lyon is playing well 5th in SV% and 13th in GAA.

The part below I copied and pasted from another one of my posts on the subject.

The goal this season was to compete for a playoff spot longer in to the season. If they do make the playoffs it's a bonus but honestly this team isn't a playoff team and it was never meant to be, especially with their D. Yzerman filled out the roster with UFAs when he could've gotten some better players through trades but he didn't because this team was never meant to be a playoff team. Now DeBrincat pretty much fell into Detroit's lap and they couldn't pass it up. Petry wanted to finish out his career in his home town and Detroit got him with $2.3M cap hit for Lindstrom and a 4th. So the 2 trades Detroit made were after the roster was filled out. Plus if Detroit makes the playoffs I wouldn't expect them to be buyers unless they can get someone who can help the team for several season to come. Now I've had a lot of people here disagree with my view. Saying there is no way they put a team together not to make the playoffs or there is no way they don't buy heading into the playoffs. But a whole lot of people here are very impatient!! With a direct correlation between players developed in your own system and long term success. Why waste prospects and picks to just marginally improve the team. Even if Detroit makes the playoffs and buys at the TDL do they make it out 1st round? Probably not they would be up against a better team with a ton of playoff experience.
PantsOffnJacket liked this.
Feb. 2 at 9:51 p.m.
Quoting: aedoran
As a Detroit fan it's close for me. The biggest drawback for me is in the 4 previous seasons he has played in about 60% of the games and has already missed 12 this season. That's a whole lot to give up with his injury history. If Larkin knew Yzerman had a chance to bring Werenski to Detroit he might never forgive Yzerman. I don't think Detroit is in a position to make a significant move. A big part of of Detroit's core for years to come is still playing in the AHL and a couple in other leagues. Now Husso hasn't played a game since Dec. 18th but Lyon is playing well 5th in SV% and 13th in GAA.

The part below I copied and pasted from another one of my posts on the subject.

The goal this season was to compete for a playoff spot longer in to the season. If they do make the playoffs it's a bonus but honestly this team isn't a playoff team and it was never meant to be, especially with their D. Yzerman filled out the roster with UFAs when he could've gotten some better players through trades but he didn't because this team was never meant to be a playoff team. Now DeBrincat pretty much fell into Detroit's lap and they couldn't pass it up. Petry wanted to finish out his career in his home town and Detroit got him with $2.3M cap hit for Lindstrom and a 4th. So the 2 trades Detroit made were after the roster was filled out. Plus if Detroit makes the playoffs I wouldn't expect them to be buyers unless they can get someone who can help the team for several season to come. Now I've had a lot of people here disagree with my view. Saying there is no way they put a team together not to make the playoffs or there is no way they don't buy heading into the playoffs. But a whole lot of people here are very impatient!! With a direct correlation between players developed in your own system and long term success. Why waste prospects and picks to just marginally improve the team. Even if Detroit makes the playoffs and buys at the TDL do they make it out 1st round? Probably not they would be up against a better team with a ton of playoff experience.

Really well put. I love seeing people be realistic about their team. Detroit is in a good spot for the future and it's really frustrating to see people in your own fanbase be so impatient, not unlike Columbus in some ways. (Gross incompetence like we've seen from Columbus HC/GM is a different story than realistic expectation for the next 2-3 seasons, but anyway).

Ilthis is obviously not an all in move or something, but it is giving up a big chunk of cap and super valuable young asset for more win now/next couple years type pieces. Could definitely be something that would help Detroit long term, but could be detrimental as well.

Was gonna add 1 more thing but forgot it haha
aedoran and PantsOffnJacket liked this.
Feb. 2 at 9:52 p.m.

Larkin and Werenski have been best friends for ever.

The first time Larkin and Werenski play each other in Detroit and Columbus they went to dinner together and Fox Sports filmed it and made a special with the footage. So it would be a big deal for them to play together and last year before Larkin was signed the team I was most worried about losing Larkin to was Columbus.
PantsOffnJacket liked this.
Tank it baby
The OP is a Jamoke. 🙄
JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
exo2769
Hawks don't want Laine.
Hawksguy81 liked this.
Feb. 2 at 9:53 p.m.
Tank it baby
Quoting: aedoran
Larkin and Werenski have been best friends for ever.

The first time Larkin and Werenski play each other in Detroit and Columbus they went to dinner together and Fox Sports filmed it and made a special with the footage. So it would be a big deal for them to play together and last year before Larkin was signed the team I was most worried about losing Larkin to was Columbus.

I'm aware they're bff's.

Doesn't mean Detroit should make a foolish trade.
JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
Feb. 2 at 9:55 p.m.
Tank it baby
Quoting: JacketsComrade
I’m glad you got the engagement and attention you clearly wanted by doing something as stupid as trading Zach Werenski. Room level IQ stuff.

IQ of a grapefruit. 🙄
Feb. 2 at 10:07 p.m.
Pop Pop
Love werenski but the dude is hurt constantly
Feb. 2 at 10:15 p.m.
not a he )
Is the goal to have a frat house instead of a team? An average age of 21 and a half? Because that’s how you lose 60 games in a season.
Feb. 2 at 10:20 p.m.
Joe
Edited Feb. 2 at 10:27 p.m.

You're missing the fact that this is bad for Detroit.
Feb. 2 at 10:40 p.m.
You aren't getting that much for Laine. Not from CHI, and probably not from anyone.
Hawksguy81 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll