NMC
      UFA - 5
      Logo of the Calgary Flames
      $5,500,000$5,500,000
      LW, RW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
      LW, C
      RFA - 1
      Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
      $5,750,000$5,750,000
      C, LW
      RFA - 2
      $3,100,000$3,100,000
      C, LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $4,900,000$4,900,000
      RW, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      $4,500,000$4,500,000
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 2
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      RW
      RFA - 1
      $950,000$950,000
      RW
      RFA - 2
      $846,667$846,667
      C
      RFA - 1
      $825,000$825,000
      RW
      UFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $6,250,000$6,250,000
      LD/RD
      NTC
      UFA - 7
      $4,550,000$4,550,000
      RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $6,000,000$6,000,000
      G
      NMC
      UFA - 2
      Logo of the Boston Bruins
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
      LD
      RFA - 1
      Logo of the Seattle Kraken
      $2,700,000$2,700,000
      RD
      UFA - 1
      $900,000$900,000
      G
      RFA
      $823,333$823,333
      LD
      RFA - 1
      $2,750,000$2,750,000
      RD
      UFA
      $2,200,000$2,200,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $775,000$775,000
      RD
      RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Feb. 6 at 9:01 p.m.
      Bcarlo25
      stop. you're better than that. lohrei and a first is not realistic.
      Feb. 6 at 9:07 p.m.
      KFTW
      Quoting: Bcarlo25

So you’d want him to be stuck forever behind Hanifin and Lindholm anyways ?
      Feb. 6 at 9:13 p.m.
      Where is TB coming up with this magical salary cap space? Allow me to pretort your 8.59 million "projected TDL cap space" that assumes Sergachev is out until the playoffs. He isn't. According to Dave Mishkin on Lightning Radios "power Lunch " he'll be in the lineup against NYR tomorrow night.
      Boltsradynasty liked this.
      Feb. 6 at 9:16 p.m.
      Bcarlo25
      Quoting: csick

hanifin is on an expiring contract.
      Feb. 6 at 9:17 p.m.
      KFTW

And he wants to come home to Boston
      Feb. 6 at 9:35 p.m.
      Bcarlo25

1. does he?
      2. so how does that mean lohrei and a first makes sense?
      3. he's from norwood, not boston.
      Feb. 6 at 9:50 p.m.

Thats why Lohrei, a 2nd, and a prospect in our 5 to 10 range might make some sense. It’s the combination of Lohrei and the first that’s the issue. It values Lohrei as less than a late 2nd rounder. Sorry that’s not even a consideration
      csick liked this.
      Feb. 6 at 9:59 p.m.
      If Boston is trading for Hanifin, I think they need to keep Lohrei as a cost controlled asset because Hanifin is going to be getting around 6.5-7 per (just based on the 8th year and the rumors he wants to be in Boston). He's on his ELC and capable of playing the left side. Although the Bruins could go out and trade for/sign another 3rd pairing LH guy, I think they would rather include a different prospect to get the deal done. But I agree on the value being a 1st and a prospect
      csick liked this.
      Feb. 6 at 9:59 p.m.
      Good nerd
      he's from norwood, not boston.

What does that have to do with anything other than one-upping someone for a meaningless Internet argument? Last I checked, this isn't a metro-Boston geography competition.
      Feb. 6 at 10:03 p.m.
      Good nerd
      The Bruins won't be trading for Hanafin, or at least I am very skeptical that they would. They have very few assets. And if the scuttlebutt is that he wants to play in Boston and he is a pending UFA anyway, why spend those few assets? I'd rather roll the dice and risk losing him. He'd be great on this team, but they can improve their defense in the offseason without him too.

And before you say Lohrei is expendable if Hanafin comes to Boston, if we were to assume that Hanafin wants to come here anyway, then just giving him away would be terrible asset management.
      Feb. 6 at 10:05 p.m.
      Quoting: tupty
      What does that have to do with anything other than one-upping someone for a meaningless Internet argument? Last I checked, this isn't a metro-Boston geography competition.

Exactly, CC is the Mayor of Weymouth.

It's kind of like any player from Ontario being a hometown kid when they play the Leafs
      Feb. 6 at 10:11 p.m.
      That doesn’t buy Z. Late firsts and ‘meh’ prospects don’t cut it. Costs blue chip pieces to acquire a blue chip piece. I may be undervaluing Pell a bit, but is going to have to be more the Coronato level
      LosPatos liked this.
      Feb. 6 at 10:34 p.m.
      LOL, pigs will fly before Zegras is traded within the division for that load bits and pieces. Taken in the same draft Zegras has 200 games played and 146 points. Pelletier (a smurf) has 24 games and 7 points. Two firsts that will both be 25+ picks don't come close to bridging that gap.
      Feb. 6 at 10:49 p.m.
      Instead of ripping a prospect like Pelletier, can you just say he doesn’t have the level of value you would expect for Zegras. I love the flashiness, but I do question whether Zegras is a winning player or simply just an expert PR guy with flashy skills.

I don’t think Anaheim does that even if they substituted Coronato instead of Pelletier
      Feb. 7 at 12:14 a.m.
      boltsfan71
      tampa passes
      Feb. 7 at 12:48 a.m.

So? Boston wants him and he'll extend there... Probably for less than anywhere else. If it's a sign and trade they can get the extra 8th year too.
      Feb. 7 at 12:51 a.m.
      I like all but the Zegras trade. I don't think trading for Zegras would be a good idea.
      Feb. 7 at 9:16 a.m.
      Bcarlo25
      Quoting: MoxNix
      So? Boston wants him and he'll extend there... Probably for less than anywhere else. If it's a sign and trade they can get the extra 8th year too.

all extremely hypothetical...and of course we have ample precedent for this - it doesn't impact value much.
      Feb. 7 at 12:50 p.m.
      Bcarlo25

wait a minute - if he wants to come to boston so badly, and has an 8 team NTC, wouldn't that drive the price down? Surely there can't be more than 8 teams in a position to place competitive offers on hanifin. If the logic for Boston being willing to pay so much as that he wants to be in boston so bad that he's likely not a rental, wouldn't that logic also indicate he would do whatever he could, including using his NTC to get to Boston. Kinda sounds like the Taylor Hall situation, which saw a pretty mediocre roster player and a 2nd round pick head to buffalo for Hall with 50% retention, along with a solid roster player.
      Feb. 7 at 9:32 p.m.
      Bcarlo25
      Quoting: Jded
      That doesn’t buy Z. Late firsts and ‘meh’ prospects don’t cut it. Costs blue chip pieces to acquire a blue chip piece. I may be undervaluing Pell a bit, but is going to have to be more the Coronato level

Z? Really? There's only one Z and he just retired.

and, "Z," isn't blue chip.
      Feb. 7 at 11:03 p.m.
      Z? Really? There's only one Z and he just retired.

and, "Z," isn't blue chip.

Here is every Center drafted from 2010-2020 who
      had multiple 60 point seasons before turning 23 years old (courtesy of @GiggywithGibby):

Tyler Seguin
      Nathan Mackinnon
      Aleksander Barkov
      Leon Draisaitl
      Dylan Larkin
      Brayden Point
      Connor McDavid
      Jack Eichel
      Matt Barzal
      Sebastian Aho
      Auston Matthews
      Elias Pettersson
      Trevor Zegras

I’m curious, what exactly do you define as blue chip? Because there’s absolutely zero chance that yes, Z, isn’t considered blue chip (no disrespect to Chara, but it’s a letter. Not very exclusive)
      csick liked this.
      Feb. 8 at 8:09 a.m.
      Bcarlo25
      Here is every Center drafted from 2010-2020 who
      had multiple 60 point seasons before turning 23 years old (courtesy of GiggywithGibby):

Tyler Seguin
      Nathan Mackinnon
      Aleksander Barkov
      Leon Draisaitl
      Dylan Larkin
      Brayden Point
      Connor McDavid
      Jack Eichel
      Matt Barzal
      Sebastian Aho
      Auston Matthews
      Elias Pettersson
      Trevor Zegras

I’m curious, what exactly do you define as blue chip? Because there’s absolutely zero chance that yes, Z, isn’t considered blue chip (no disrespect to Chara, but it’s a letter. Not very exclusive)

there's more to hockey than points. he's a one dimensional player that has showed little progression. i haven't seen much progression in his game, in fact, i think the league has kind of figured him out. i think he plays a losing brand of hockey.
      Feb. 8 at 11:25 a.m.
      there's more to hockey than points. he's a one dimensional player that has showed little progression. i haven't seen much progression in his game, in fact, i think the league has kind of figured him out. i think he plays a losing brand of hockey.

Alright with that comment you just laid your cards on the table and it was a bluff. Of all the arguments you could’ve made, that was one of the worst. It’s unquestionably clear that you have not watched Zegras play this year (which quite honestly, I don’t blame you. The Ducks are garbage and he’s been hurt). He’s made undeniable progress in his 200ft game under Cronin this season. His scanning, positioning, and effort off the puck are leaps and bounds ahead of where they were last season. Cronin is an old school coach and has been lauding Zegras for it consistently as well.

If you want to hate the kid because he’s flashy, go ahead. If you don’t like his somewhat childish antics, I totally understand that. He’s a kid that has growing up to do without question. But to pretend that he isn’t progressing, or that what he’s done on the ice as an offensive force at such a young age isn’t totally impressive is honestly just silly
      Feb. 8 at 12:56 p.m.
      Bcarlo25
      Alright with that comment you just laid your cards on the table and it was a bluff. Of all the arguments you could’ve made, that was one of the worst. It’s unquestionably clear that you have not watched Zegras play this year (which quite honestly, I don’t blame you. The Ducks are garbage and he’s been hurt). He’s made undeniable progress in his 200ft game under Cronin this season. His scanning, positioning, and effort off the puck are leaps and bounds ahead of where they were last season. Cronin is an old school coach and has been lauding Zegras for it consistently as well.

If you want to hate the kid because he’s flashy, go ahead. If you don’t like his somewhat childish antics, I totally understand that. He’s a kid that has growing up to do without question. But to pretend that he isn’t progressing, or that what he’s done on the ice as an offensive force at such a young age isn’t totally impressive is honestly just silly

lol don't get so mad pal. I've got no dog in this fight. I have nothing against anaheim. i've got nothing against zegras. He just doesn't play the way you're saying he does. if there's been progress in his 200 foot game, it's minimal. It's not like he's bad, but I don't think he's a core piece of a successful team. Honestly I kind of see him like Phil Kessel. The bruins recognized him for what he was, and jettisoned him quickly. He went to the leafs, was, "the guy," for a bad team, and then got moved to be secondary scoring for a good team, and flourished. That's what I see Zegras as. No, he's not blue chip. No, he's not a core player. What he is a very gifted offensive player that needs other more well rounded players around him.
      Feb. 8 at 1:25 p.m.
      lol don't get so mad pal. I've got no dog in this fight. I have nothing against anaheim. i've got nothing against zegras. He just doesn't play the way you're saying he does. if there's been progress in his 200 foot game, it's minimal. It's not like he's bad, but I don't think he's a core piece of a successful team. Honestly I kind of see him like Phil Kessel. The bruins recognized him for what he was, and jettisoned him quickly. He went to the leafs, was, "the guy," for a bad team, and then got moved to be secondary scoring for a good team, and flourished. That's what I see Zegras as. No, he's not blue chip. No, he's not a core player. What he is a very gifted offensive player that needs other more well rounded players around him.

Not sure what made you think anyone here is mad, but you do you.

I’m not sure I said he plays any particular way. He plays like a 22 year old kid who has proven elite production for his age, and while he has a ways to go with his 200ft game, he’s undoubtedly progressing in that area.

I.e in my humble opinion:
      Elite production for his age (which I think we can agree based on that short list of centers) + progression in off-the-puck play for a 22 year old (for which growth here is normal for a 22 year old, and if you’re watching this year, it’s honestly just outright evident) = blue chip.

If blue chip means Bedard to you, then I’m with you, he doesn’t meet that threshold. But if it’s a player in the top 5 of quality coming out of a draft who’s highly impactful then that’s Zegras. Maybe we just agree to disagree. Wish you (and your badass Bruins) well my man

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll