Forums/Armchair-GM

This years Kevin Fiala

Created by: GiggywithGibby
Team: 2024-25 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 25, 2024
Published: Apr. 25, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Taking a look at what players have outplayed their current teams salary structures and could be candidates for trades due to cap constraints.

Not making statements on their values, or saying they will absolutely be traded, just identifying players that could potentially be traded at the draft if they can't see eye to eye with their current teams.

Do us all a favor, give reason and explanation to why the player I've identified from your team isn't moving, no one here likes reading "they won't be moved" there's got to be substantive reasoning behind it.
Trades
ANA
  1. Hronek, Filip [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Had a huge start to the year, fell off hard offensively, but has been playing top pair in Vancouver with Hughes.
VAN
ANA
  1. Lindgren, Ryan [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Not sure he really outplayed his payroll, but there's a few guys in front of him that need pay raises and NYR has a lot of holes on the roster.
NYR
ANA
  1. Pinto, Shane [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Certainly had an amazing year after his suspension, but while Ottawa has significant holes on the roster to fill, they likely see Pinto as critical when Norris gets hurt every season.
OTT
ANA
  1. Lundell, Anton [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Again, not sure he outplayed his payroll, but Florida has some tough decisions with payroll this off-season with Mahura and Reinhart contracts up.
FLA
ANA
  1. Swayman, Jeremy [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Arguably the player who has the highest chance to outpace his teams payroll, but also the most critical to keep, I would imagine toss anything that isn't bolted down overboard in order to find Swaymans money, but he was notably disgruntled with arbitration this year.
BOS
ANA
  1. Raymond, Lucas [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Both Seider and Raymond are due new deals, Seider is clearly the more critical signing this year. Atevey Y is notorious for not liking to hand out big term big money deals, maybe Raymond demands too much and Steven makes an example out of him like Bertuzzi, but let's be real, Detroits got the cap space to sign both of them richly.
DET
ANA
  1. Jarvis, Seth [RFA Rights]
  2. Necas, Martin [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
One of these two is gone this summer, Carolina is cap strapped and wants to resign Guentzel.

More likely option is Necas, but he didn't blow anyone's doors off this year.
CAR
ANA
  1. Mittelstadt, Casey [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Not really a Fiala type situation, but it's possible the Avs move him for a cost controlled 2C if he asks for too much.
COL
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
16$87,500,000$54,694,167$0$8,250,000$32,805,833
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$3,650,000$3,650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,750,000$5,750,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RW
UFA - 6
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,250,000$3M)
C
RFA - 2
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$950,000$950K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, LW
RFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,400,000$6,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$800,000$800K)
LD
RFA - 2
$812,500$812,500
G
RFA - 1
$844,167$844,167
LD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 25 at 2:48 a.m.
Pinto is one of our only forwards who actually play a complete 200 foot game. Coaches trust him defensively to play against the opposing teams best lines, and he's already been playing on the top line with Brady and Batherson. Norris being out sucks, but Pinto has propelled himself as our 2C of the future regardless if Norris is back or not. Outside of Timmy, Brady and Sanderson I'd pretty confidently say Pinto is our 4th most valuable player therefore being untouchable.
mokumboi, OldNYIfan and OwnGoal liked this.
Apr. 25 at 2:50 a.m.
If Hronek is dead set on making 8M+ like some reports have said then I think there’s a decent chance the Canucks move him. But if he’s willing to take a deal anywhere from 7-7.75M (essentially less than what Hughes is making) I think we’ll re-sign him
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 25 at 2:56 a.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: StutzlesNumber1Fan
Pinto is one of our only forwards who actually play a complete 200 foot game. Coaches trust him defensively to play against the opposing teams best lines, and he's already been playing on the top line with Brady and Batherson. Norris being out sucks, but Pinto has propelled himself as our 2C of the future regardless if Norris is back or not. Outside of Timmy, Brady and Sanderson I'd pretty confidently say Pinto is our 4th most valuable player therefore being untouchable.

Counter point would be you've got less than 12 mil next season and have 6 spots to fill, including a top 6 LW. Pinto might become a luxury that can't be afforded.

Or you could bail out from under Chychrun but then you've got another hole to fill, and a big part of Chychruns value was his team friendly deal.
Apr. 25 at 3:37 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
Counter point would be you've got less than 12 mil next season and have 6 spots to fill, including a top 6 LW. Pinto might become a luxury that can't be afforded.

Or you could bail out from under Chychrun but then you've got another hole to fill, and a big part of Chychruns value was his team friendly deal.

They have three legit top 4 LDs. I'm assuming one of Chabot or Chych will be moved.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 25 at 3:49 a.m.
Canucks are in a weird spot with Hronek. He's been great for us and has shown amazing chemistry with Hughes, and I think the Canucks should do everything they can to keep him. He fills a major hole on the right side of the top 4 that we've had for years, and has played his role to perfection. On the other hand, if the rumours of his wanting $8M+ are true and he's not willing to budge, I simply don't think the Canucks can afford to keep him with the cap crunch they are going to be under this offseason. With a ton of important UFA's due for raises (Lindholm, Blueger, Joshua, Lafferty, Zadorov), they're going to struggle to keep everyone together as is, and if Hronek wants $8M plus they'd probably have to look at moving him and brining in a different top 4 RHD to keep a more competitive team all around (Example: Canucks could put $8M towards Hronek and maybe only have $1M left for Joshua and have to let him walk, or they could move Hronek and look at someone like Montour or Pesce for $7M, leaving them with $2M which could be enough to keep Joshua around as well). Personally, I think the Canucks will be able to talk Hronek down and get something worked out in the end (my prediction is $7.25M x 7). People were talking about Pettersson as an absolute at $12.5M+, and he's making $1M less then that. I think there will definitely be rumours about Hronek that heat up in the offseason like Petey at the deadline, possibly as a tactic to try and bring his price down. Right now I'd be pretty surprised if he ended up being dealt this offseason, but I also do think it is a possibility that shouldn't be ruled out if negotiations don't go as planned.
Apr. 25 at 4:12 a.m.
Edited Apr. 25 at 4:17 a.m.

Okay good question, long post I'm sorry I'm bored.

Current team
Brady - Stutzle - Batherson
Norris - xxx - Giroux
Joseph - Greig - xxx
xxx - Kastelic- xxx

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - xxx
xxx -xxx

Korpisalo
Forsberg

MacEwen scratched / JBD scratched.

That current roster is 70M out of 87M so we have 17M$ to fill spots.

Okay let's assume Norris is healthy and can start the season, Chych is traded and Pinto isn't signed yet. Offense would need a 2C (Norris is on the left wing here) a 3rd line RW, 4th line RW and 4th line LW. Defense would need 2 RD. We have Tyler Kleven ready to come up and replace Chych once he's traded so that alone saves us 3.5M$ (Assuming no salaries return, and no trade has happened so let's assume its for picks) that leaves us with 17M$ to extend Pinto, find 2 4th liners and 1 3rd line winger + 2RDs.

Personally I would call Arizona and pry Bjugstad out of there some how to fill 3rd line slot for 2.1M$. Drops us down to 15M$. (Can even call Detroit for Berggren for a cheaper option)

Let's assume Pinto gets a bridge of 4x2 which now drops us to 11M$ and only 3 spots open. Parker Kelly re-signs for 900K and Brannstrom re-signs to play RD with Kleven for 2M$ now we're at 8M$. Let's say they splurge on Demelo because they REALLY want him back with Chabot for 5.5M$ we have 2-2.5M$ to find a 4th line winger which I think is very doable and we didn't even have to buy out Korpi yet or spend picks to drop Forsberg. So in total there is no reason Pinto won't be an Ottawa Senator next season, we have the room no matter what to bring him back.

End result team

Brady - Stutzle - Batherson
Norris - Pinto - Giroux
Joseph - Greig - Bjugstad
Kelly- Kastelic- xxx

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Demelo
Kleven - Brannstrom

Korpi
Forsy

MacEwen
JBD
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 25 at 4:22 a.m.
KFTW

There’s plenty of cap space. Chychrun will be moved
StutzlesNumber1Fan liked this.
Apr. 25 at 6:27 a.m.
Pop Pop
I mean you said it yourself the Wings have the cap to sign Raymond and do. Could it drag on because Yzerman grinds players to death sure but it gets done.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 25 at 7:10 a.m.

if the Sens find themselves in desperate need of cap space, there are SO many other things they can do instead of trading Pinto
OwnGoal and csick liked this.
Apr. 25 at 7:22 a.m.
I noticed you missed the most rumored player out there

Trevor Zegras...
Apr. 25 at 9:34 a.m.
On the Rod Meal Plan
Necas could be moved to make room for Guentzel, although they can still afford the two of them with a weaker blue line. I still have my doubts that Guentzel will end up signing in Carolina - Tulsky et al have a valuation and max term they are going to offer, and Guentzel can get more on the open market, particularly in terms of contract length.

Jarvis is an arbitration ineligible RFA, so his contract will be dependent on what other signings/moves are made. If need be he can get a bridge deal at a lower AAV, but I can almost guarantee he won't be moved.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 25 at 9:48 a.m.
Your Rangers take is completely off….

Lindgren is currently on a 3x$3m contract and he’s definitely played over that value. This year he struggled but he’s returning back to form. The only reason the rangers trade him is if his next contract is too much

Also, next year only Kakko, Lindgren and Schneider have to be paid. And the Rangers “have a lot of holes on the roster” based on what? Lol I guess they won the presidents trophy on pure luck
Cornbreadnhl and crimsonchin23 liked this.
Apr. 25 at 9:58 a.m.
You might want to look at Boston’s available cap room before saying Swayman might outpace his teams payroll. Chances of that coming to fruition probably doesn’t even hit 1%. Probably doesn’t hit 0.1%.
Apr. 25 at 10:28 a.m.
Lindgren is a heart and soul player for the Rangers and also best friends with Fox. He has already said how much he wants to stay in NYC so he isn't going anywhere and I'm sure he will work out a good deal for himself and the team with Drury. Probably $4.5/year range for 5 years or so.
crimsonchin23 liked this.
Apr. 25 at 10:31 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: Cornbreadnhl
Lindgren is a heart and soul player for the Rangers and also best friends with Fox. He has already said how much he wants to stay in NYC so he isn't going anywhere and I'm sure he will work out a good deal for himself and the team with Drury. Probably $4.5/year range for 5 years or so.

Heh. That is a rather optimistic scenario there.
GiggywithGibby liked this.
Apr. 25 at 11:13 a.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: Celtics21
You might want to look at Boston’s available cap room before saying Swayman might outpace his teams payroll. Chances of that coming to fruition probably doesn’t even hit 1%. Probably doesn’t hit 0.1%.

Youre as bad as leads fans were pointing out they had $30 million, they could totally resign Nylander. Yeah, they had $30 million left, but only half a roster signed.

Boston has some significant holes on theirs too with the 21 million they have.
Apr. 25 at 11:33 a.m.
Youre as bad as leads fans were pointing out they had $30 million, they could totally resign Nylander. Yeah, they had $30 million left, but only half a roster signed.

Boston has some significant holes on theirs too with the 21 million they have.

For what, calling your point out as not well thought out?

They’ll prioritize Swayman just like Toronto prioritized Nylander. They can fill the roster out responsibly and fairly easily. They may have to have some minimum players in there like every other team.
Apr. 25 at 11:45 a.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
Heh. That is a rather optimistic scenario there.

In your opinion, but I would guess I know more about the Rangers and their players than you do. Let's look back at this when he signs a new deal.
Apr. 25 at 11:52 a.m.
mokumboi
In your opinion, but I would guess I know more about the Rangers and their players than you do. Let's look back at this when he signs a new deal.

I was referring to the contract terms. Suppose I could have made that clearer. My bad.
Apr. 25 at 11:55 a.m.

Agree. Fans of teams probably know more about their long term contract health than other fans, though my guess is the knowledge of what it will take to sign a player is probably equally shallow smile

Teams carry 22 rosters and can fill secondary voids with minimum players whether they are at their AHL level as vets or prospects.

I generally assume if you have 7 slots to fill, 4 of them will be close to minimum salaries. Then it’s trying to figure out and balance the rest. I don’t know NY’s long term cap position, but assume they will prioritize Lindhren.

Carolina, on the other hand, looks like they are going to have to prioritize and will likely lose some players. They seem to be planning for it well though
OwnGoal and Cornbreadnhl liked this.
Apr. 25 at 12:56 p.m.
I was referring to the contract terms. Suppose I could have made that clearer. My bad.

I know that, and I think they are reasonable and what he will sign at to stay in NYC.
Apr. 25 at 12:58 p.m.
mokumboi
I know that, and I think they are reasonable and what he will sign at to stay in NYC.

Hmm. Obviously don't know enough about his personal thoughts to judge with full context, but it seems a bit optimistic, especially if they make a deep run this time.
Cornbreadnhl liked this.
Apr. 25 at 1:00 p.m.
Quoting: Celtics21
Agree. Fans of teams probably know more about their long term contract health than other fans, though my guess is the knowledge of what it will take to sign a player is probably equally shallow smile

Teams carry 22 rosters and can fill secondary voids with minimum players whether they are at their AHL level as vets or prospects.

I generally assume if you have 7 slots to fill, 4 of them will be close to minimum salaries. Then it’s trying to figure out and balance the rest. I don’t know NY’s long term cap position, but assume they will prioritize Lindhren.

Carolina, on the other hand, looks like they are going to have to prioritize and will likely lose some players. They seem to be planning for it well though

When Drury got the GM job, the first player he re-signed almost immediately was Lindgren because he is the type of player Drury prioritizes. Hard nose, hard working, heart and soul player. Plus Lindgren loves playing in NYC and he and Fox are best friends, so I am sure he will give the Rangers a better deal than he would any other team. That's not to say he will sign way cheap just to stay in NYC, but I doubt Drury will try to low ball him either.
Apr. 25 at 1:02 p.m.
Hmm. Obviously don't know enough about his personal thoughts to judge with full context, but it seems a bit optimistic, especially if they make a deep run this time.

I think Lindy will sign for a little less to stay in NYC, with his best friend Fox and on a team that has realistic cup hopes for the near future.
Apr. 25 at 1:04 p.m.
mokumboi
I think Lindy will sign for a little less to stay in NYC, with his best friend Fox and on a team that has realistic cup hopes for the near future.

That may well be. Of course, he also doesn't have full say if they go clearing cap.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll