SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Whose worse?

Worse GM
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 6, 2017 at 10:01 a.m.
They both definitely have their problems. The tire fire known as the montreal canadiens or the top two picks in the 2010 draft.
Nov. 6, 2017 at 12:07 p.m.
IMHO Chiarelli is way worse but that aint saying much as MB is pretty bad himself. MB screwed the pooch with Subban/Weber and the Price contract but aside from that has been relatively quiet. Nothing too big that was an absolute downfall to the team. Chiarelli has had some doozies over the years that are among the worst trades in NHL history.
tad77 and Blazingbat11 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2017 at 12:11 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Bergervain by a land slide.
- can't produce home base prospects
- Price contract
- Weber/subban
- His deadline disaster deals trading for 4th line players like Ott and martinsen and giving up guys like Andrighetto
- Trading there only A level prospect who is proving to have signs in him that can be elite.
- The list goes on
wojme liked this.
Nov. 6, 2017 at 12:39 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Bergevin has been a 'questionable' GM. I wouldn't call him good or bad at the moment.
But Chiarelli signed Lucic, added Larsson, added Maroon, etc. I think he's a good GM or he wouldn't have been up for the GM of the year award.
Nov. 6, 2017 at 12:40 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
- Price contract
- Weber/subban
- His deadline disaster deals trading for 4th line players like Ott and martinsen and giving up guys like Andrighetto
- Trading there only A level prospect who is proving to have signs in him that can be elite.
- The list goes on

are you saying the Weber-Subban deal was bad for Montreal? Weber is better and as much as Subban's younger, Weber has played very good in Montreal.
Blazingbat11 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2017 at 1:26 p.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
- Price contract
- Weber/subban
- The list goes on

are you saying the Weber-Subban deal was bad for Montreal? Weber is better and as much as Subban's younger, Weber has played very good in Montreal.

Weber is not better than Subban. Subban has the ability to change games himself. Weber is good, but is slowing down and can't change game flow the way Subban can. Point being they traded a younger, more dynamic defenseman for an older, more static defenseman.
wojme, Daryl, krakowitz and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 6, 2017 at 1:27 p.m.
Below Market Value
Bergevin has been a 'questionable' GM. I wouldn't call him good or bad at the moment.
But Chiarelli signed Lucic, added Larsson, added Maroon, etc. I think he's a good GM or he wouldn't have been up for the GM of the year award.

The Lucic signing will go down as a very bad signing in a year or two.
Daryl and Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2017 at 3:04 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

The Lucic signing will go down as a very bad signing in a year or two.

Let’s not forget the Russell signing neutral.
Nov. 6, 2017 at 5:44 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Chiarelli wins this one with his abseloutely horrid Tyler Seguin and Taylor Hall trades.
wojme liked this.
Nov. 6, 2017 at 6:09 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Apparently they both hate defense so it’s a tough choice
Nov. 7, 2017 at 7:44 a.m.
I'm biased since I'm a B's fan. PC FTW!!
wojme liked this.
Nov. 7, 2017 at 5:41 p.m.
Habs
Easily, Chiarelli. People think Chiarelli is decent because the Oilers aren't that bad. But he didn't draft Draisaitl. McDavid was dumb lottery luck. The Eberle trade is bad. The Hall trade was bad, (not because it didn't make the Oilers better but they just could have gotten way more.) The Griffin Reinhart trade is hysterically awful. Kris Russell, Milan Lucic, Andrej Sekera all bad signings. Any semi-competent GM could build a cup contender, if not favourite, around McDavid and Draisaitl.

Bergevin isn't great either, but there have been fewer bad decisions. The Weber trade was bad, but the Sergachev trade was not. There have been a couple gems in the rough as well, Byron, Danault, Lehkonen.
Kotkaniemi15 and A_K liked this.
Nov. 8, 2017 at 11:57 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: OpaqueZoo
Easily, Chiarelli. People think Chiarelli is decent because the Oilers aren't that bad. But he didn't draft Draisaitl. McDavid was dumb lottery luck. The Eberle trade is bad. The Hall trade was bad, (not because it didn't make the Oilers better but they just could have gotten way more.) The Griffin Reinhart trade is hysterically awful. Kris Russell, Milan Lucic, Andrej Sekera all bad signings. Any semi-competent GM could build a cup contender, if not favourite, around McDavid and Draisaitl.
Bergevin isn't great either, but there have been fewer bad decisions. The Weber trade was bad, but the Sergachev trade was not. There have been a couple gems in the rough as well, Byron, Danault, Lehkonen.

Yeah, Bergevin's only terrible decisions were the Weber and Andrighetto trades. And a lot of other GMs make bad trades every so often. The rest of Bergevin's decisions have been ok for the team (even not signing Radulov or Markov). The only bad GMs in this league imao are Chiarelli and Snow. Although snow isn't as bad.
Nov. 8, 2017 at 12:01 p.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: EthanK24
Quoting: OpaqueZoo

Yeah, Bergevin's only terrible decisions were the Weber and Andrighetto trades. And a lot of other GMs make bad trades every so often. The rest of Bergevin's decisions have been ok for the team (even not signing Radulov or Markov). The only bad GMs in this league imao are Chiarelli and Snow. Although snow isn't as bad.

Ken Holland.
Nov. 9, 2017 at 10:48 a.m.
Bergevin
Nov. 9, 2017 at 7:53 p.m.
Glad no one has caught my typo yet or is just not a troll.
Nov. 9, 2017 at 8:18 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: wojme

Lol I saw it but I hate when people do it to me
wojme liked this.
Nov. 10, 2017 at 12:40 a.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
Quoting: wojme

Lol I saw it but I hate when people do it to me

I appreciate you
Nov. 10, 2017 at 10:59 a.m.
Below Market Value
*Who's
wojme liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit