SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (part 3)

Mar. 22, 2021 at 2:21 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Travis Boyd was claimed by the Canucks

season saved giphy.gifjk
A_Habs_fan and Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 22, 2021 at 6:51 p.m.
Montreal Canadiens Edmonton Oilers
Postponed after Kk and Armia were placed on Covid Protocol, there has now been a postponement in every division
Mar. 22, 2021 at 6:55 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Montreal Canadiens Edmonton Oilers
Postponed after Kk and Armia were placed on Covid Protocol, there has now been a postponement in every division

That took a while. We have been in the season for 2 months lol
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 7:20 a.m.
Thats low. I’m sick of andersson. He’s grating on every last nerve I have. Like give the rookie his game puck and stop being a crybaby.
Kotkaniemi15 and justaBoss liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 8:30 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Wahlstrom now has as many goals as Lafreniere has points, but keep sleeping on Wahlly 😴
yikes and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 8:31 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Wahlstrom now has as many goals as Lafreniere has points, but keep sleeping on Wahlly 😴

If I was the NYR - I woulda taken Timmy Stutzle everyday of the week🥵
AndrewLadd and Brian2016 liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.
Quoting: yikes

tears of joy tears of joy

now sure but it's way too early to tell
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 9:03 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
tears of joy tears of joy

now sure but it's way too early to tell

Oh yeah lol - just my biased for Stutzle. Not actually a dig at Laf.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 9:06 a.m.
Oh yeah lol - just my biased for Stutzle. Not actually a dig at Laf.

I figured, but there's i think 3 players from this draft that have played in the NHL, it's way to early to tell
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 9:49 a.m.
Pretty much lol

Saskleaf, A_Habs_fan, yikes and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 9:51 a.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Pretty much lol

Next it's going to be the entire bottom 6 and bottom pairing lol.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 10:07 a.m.
Pretty much lol

Well i mean the Vancouver Canucks have to distance themselves from the Calgary Canucks, so they decided to become the Vancouver Maple Capitals
EsoYeezus69 and Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 11:04 a.m.
The Board of Governors has approved these lottery changes https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-draft-lottery-changes-approved-by-board-of-governors-1.1612143

Starting this year, only the top two spots in the draft will be determined by the lottery, down from the previous number of three.

Starting in 2022, a team can move up a maximum of 10 spots, making only 11 of the 16 teams who miss the playoffs eligible for the first overall pick. Also beginning in 2022, a team can win the lottery no more than twice in a five-year span.
Saskleaf and yikes liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 12:06 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Thats low. I’m sick of andersson. He’s grating on every last nerve I have. Like give the rookie his game puck and stop being a crybaby.

The Canadian division has really helped me notice what a piece of crap Rasmus Andersson is. All the dirty hits, and now this.
Saskleaf and MitchMarner_16 liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 12:12 p.m.
torontos finest
The Board of Governors has approved these lottery changes https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-draft-lottery-changes-approved-by-board-of-governors-1.1612143

Starting this year, only the top two spots in the draft will be determined by the lottery, down from the previous number of three.

Starting in 2022, a team can move up a maximum of 10 spots, making only 11 of the 16 teams who miss the playoffs eligible for the first overall pick. Also beginning in 2022, a team can win the lottery no more than twice in a five-year span.

Much more convoluted but it's probably for the best. Increases parity in early picks.
A_Habs_fan, AndrewLadd, yikes and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 12:14 p.m.
Leo Komarov on waivers, old leafs player, overpaid bottom 6 player, Jim Benning must be working the phones right now
Saskleaf and AndrewLadd liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 12:23 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Leo Komarov on waivers, old leafs player, overpaid bottom 6 player, Jim Benning must be working the phones right now

Thank goodness he’s on waivers he so bad
A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69, yikes and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 6:44 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Edited Mar. 23, 2021 at 8:04 p.m.
san_jose_sharks.svg

Other Sharks fans (and others obviously) can weigh in ( @RawZuccSauce420 @jfrojelin @papishark )

With just about 20 days left before the TDL, the Sharks have a remaining 10 games left before the the TDL.

Coach Boughner said the Sharks have two paths down the stretch of this season
"one you don't even want to think about" (although myself and many sharks fans DO want to think about rebuilding grimace )
or the other being "fighting" to stay alive. Whether you or I think the Sharks should rebuild does not matter for the coming summary (I for one as some users know, want a rebuild).

My assumption would be in the next 10 games here's what we can expect to happen:

LA
ARI
ARI (back to back)
MIN
MIN
LA
LA (back to back)
ANA
LA
LA (back to back)

The Sharks find themselves honestly in a place of "catching a break". They aren't drawing VGK anymore, and we don't see STL or COL either.
Obviously we aren't slapping around those teams or any teams really; but the Sharks really catch a good break for their hopes of "playoffs".

Breaking down the Sharks schedule comes down to:

LA = lets say win : 2pts
ARI x 2 games (B2B) = lets say split (OTL) : 3pts
MIN x 2 games = lets say 0-2 : 0pts
LA x 2 games (B2B) = lets say split (OTL) : 3pts
ANA = 2pts
LA x 2 games (B2B) = lets say split : 2pts

5-3-2 = 12 pts gained = 40pts after 40 games (17-17-6)

To make it more plain simple: MIN has 39 points with 30gp, and STL 37 with 32gp.
I gave a generous record for this coming 10, 5-3-2, and the Sharks don't really gain any space at all. Without doing any actual long math/ calculations of the other teams, the Sharks gain no real ground even with a decent 5-3-2 record. Once again; without even summing up other teams gains and records for the same time period - the Sharks gain no real traction with an effective 5-3-2 record. Quite literally - the Sharks must either:

Demolish this coming 10 games (seeing a record of 7-3, 8-2 or 6-1-3 etc; all of which are unlikely, though a 6-1-3/ 6-0-4 could be plausible)
or
Demolish their playoff hopes once and for all.

I doubt we see major trades in either situation (failure or success) but since the Sharks chose to keep fighting - they must also accept defeat if they fail, management must accept defeat. Sell if we fail, buy some cheap help if we do succeed (already confirmed 1sts and top prospects aren't being moved).
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 8:27 p.m.
san_jose_sharks.svg

Other Sharks fans (and others obviously) can weigh in ( RawZuccSauce420 jfrojelin papishark )

With just about 20 days left before the TDL, the Sharks have a remaining 10 games left before the the TDL.

Coach Boughner said the Sharks have two paths down the stretch of this season
"one you don't even want to think about" (although myself and many sharks fans DO want to think about rebuilding grimace )
or the other being "fighting" to stay alive. Whether you or I think the Sharks should rebuild does not matter for the coming summary (I for one as some users know, want a rebuild).

My assumption would be in the next 10 games here's what we can expect to happen:

LA
ARI
ARI (back to back)
MIN
MIN
LA
LA (back to back)
ANA
LA
LA (back to back)

The Sharks find themselves honestly in a place of "catching a break". They aren't drawing VGK anymore, and we don't see STL or COL either.
Obviously we aren't slapping around those teams or any teams really; but the Sharks really catch a good break for their hopes of "playoffs".

Breaking down the Sharks schedule comes down to:

LA = lets say win : 2pts
ARI x 2 games (B2B) = lets say split (OTL) : 3pts
MIN x 2 games = lets say 0-2 : 0pts
LA x 2 games (B2B) = lets say split (OTL) : 3pts
ANA = 2pts
LA x 2 games (B2B) = lets say split : 2pts

5-3-2 = 12 pts gained = 40pts after 40 games (17-17-6)

To make it more plain simple: MIN has 39 points with 30gp, and STL 37 with 32gp.
I gave a generous record for this coming 10, 5-3-2, and the Sharks don't really gain any space at all. Without doing any actual long math/ calculations of the other teams, the Sharks gain no real ground even with a decent 5-3-2 record. Once again; without even summing up other teams gains and records for the same time period - the Sharks gain no real traction with an effective 5-3-2 record. Quite literally - the Sharks must either:

Demolish this coming 10 games (seeing a record of 7-3, 8-2 or 6-1-3 etc; all of which are unlikely, though a 6-1-3/ 6-0-4 could be plausible)
or
Demolish their playoff hopes once and for all.

I doubt we see major trades in either situation (failure or success) but since the Sharks chose to keep fighting - they must also accept defeat if they fail, management must accept defeat. Sell if we fail, buy some cheap help if we do succeed (already confirmed 1sts and top prospects aren't being moved).

What's your honest assessment of Hertl's value?

I personally think papishark has single handedly exponentially increased the perceived value of him on this website into something unviable and unrealistic.

Of course they might not move him, but if he is moved, is it realistic to assign his value to about what Trocheck should have gotten if the Panthers weren't fleeced? I've seen the Duchene trade to CBJ used as a comparison too.

IDK, it just seems like so much personal interference as to his value has overcome realism as to assessing his value on here. Seemingly viable trade ideas get shunned for falling short to the Sharks demands.

You seem to be the most realistic and extensive Sharks fan in terms of your assessments of things - so what would a realistic return be? (note that this isn't ideal return, since that is often inflated by bias)
yikes and justaBoss liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 8:43 p.m.
PHI D is so terrible. Devils are absolutely embarrassing them. It's not like Carter hart has been stellar, or even mediocre, but he's been totally hung out to dry on 3 of the 4 goals through 2 periods. And it's not like the NJ Devils are n offensive juggernaut.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 8:45 p.m.

All Day every day. Better skater. Better shot. Much better playmaker.
yikes liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 8:51 p.m.
I figured, but there's i think 3 players from this draft that have played in the NHL, it's way to early to tell

There's actually a forum post titled, "Steals of the 2020 Draft". How can you say it's too early to tell if Sturtzle was a steal when you and everyone else listed a whole bunch of other players?
Mar. 23, 2021 at 9:50 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Edited Mar. 23, 2021 at 9:57 p.m.
Quoting: Wqrrior

I personally think papishark has single handedly exponentially increased the perceived value of him on this website into something unviable and unrealistic.

Of course they might not move him, but if he is moved, is it realistic to assign his value to about what Trocheck should have gotten if the Panthers weren't fleeced? I've seen the Duchene trade to CBJ used as a comparison too.

IDK, it just seems like so much personal interference as to his value has overcome realism as to assessing his value on here. Seemingly viable trade ideas get shunned for falling short to the Sharks demands.

You seem to be the most realistic and extensive Sharks fan in terms of your assessments of things - so what would a realistic return be? (note that this isn't ideal return, since that is often inflated by bias)

"You seem to be the most realistic and extensive Sharks fan in terms of your assessments of things - so what would a realistic return be? (note that this isn't ideal return, since that is often inflated by bias)"
lol ty

"I personally think papishark has single handedly exponentially increased the perceived value of him on this website into something unviable and unrealistic."
lmfao idk why that killed me - id be proud of that lol

Now as for the Hertl discussion its a very mixed bag.

I kinda agree with both arguments for Hertl
A) Being worth ton - a solid return for a amazing player (top prospect, 1st, good prospect - Lundell, FLA 1st, Knight (yall have driedger, Levi and Knight chill FLA) or Denisenko)
and
B) Being a average 1C - top 6C who deserves a return but nothing special as he is not "special" (prospect, 1st, prospect/ add)

Ive had discussions with many fans over Hertls career and his perceived value vs what his value should be.

Hertl over the last 3 season (at the least I'm just going to use the last 3, 4 including this year) has been the Sharks best player in my opinion and many peoples opinions.
This year he hasn't' but there's time for that to change as he hasn't been bad at all. He may not provide 80 pts, but he provides everywhere and in big moments - period.. I like comparing him to a player like what Krejci was - a guy who can be your 1C, and the best player a lot of nights - but is solid 2C/ top 6 with top line ability (not saying theyre comparable career wise etc etc etc). Hes a guy you'd pay a good chunk to have on your team.

At the same time Hertl also has the injury history and has not really broken out consistently (only once or twice) (which is mainly due to injury as he likely would have been a consistent 70pt+ guy).

I think the best trade base to use and honestly should be what the Sharks go for is the Zucker trade (Zucker is also a great player who similar to Hertl may not be "elite" but damn good).
I also think Hertl being a C and having a good playoff history adds value (as well as I think Hertl is just better than Zucker; if I had to pick one or the other for 1 game Id go Hertl).

Zucker

for

Project but some value - Galch
A/ near Blue Chip Prospect (Addison)
1st (was 15th OA but changed to this year so N/A)

So I think Hertl IF TRADED AT THE 2020-21 APR 12 TDL:

Hertl @50% Retained

for

Prospect of "A" Value = ex: Boldy, Addison, Newhook, Denisenko
Prospect of decent value or a roster player (middle 6 C, like Kerfoot for balance)
1st rd pick
maybe small add (if its something larger sharks send back a 3rd atleast)

ex:

Hertl @50% Retained

-> COL

Newhook
2021 1st RD (Likely 25-32) or top 10 protected 2022 first
Prospect like Sampo Ranta or Sasha Mutuala (I think thats their names but to summarize basically a C or B prospect)

or

Hertl @50% Retained

-> FLA

Denisenko ( I personally am very HIGH on Denisenko )
Serron Noel ( I PERSONALLY DO NOT LIKE NOEL but ehhhhhhhhh )
2021 1st (top 10 Protected)

IF HERTL IS TRADED IN 2021-22:

Hertl @ 50% Retained

->

A - B Prospect = Could be Denisenko if he hasn't killed his league that he plays in prior
2021 1st (could be reduced to a single second depending on where Hertl and the prospect are in the year)

So basically a damn good prospect and a first (late first, a team who NEEDS a upgrade and will overpay/ cough up like other contenders ie TAMPA do), and another prospect based on the prior values)

HOWEVER (I know this is long lol).

Its Doug Wilson. He may get hate but his trade track record is quite great (dont say the Er** K******* trade thats a cuss), he could conceivably fetch more then what I think.

Although I doubt Hertl is traded this year TDL AND thats big part of Hertls value as just contractually; the play he provides for 2.8?million dollars for 2 playoff runs/ cup runs is a amazing value for your money.
(above average top 6 play who can play top line center)
So if hes traded after this coming TDL, his value instantly gets reduced unless he pops off.
justaBoss and Wqrrior liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 10:24 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Wqrrior

Yeah after hearing some of these notorious Sharks fans claiming Hertl's about as or more valuable than Byram I sort of lost hope on most of them.

Credit to @yikes on remaining objective. It's a virtue on this site these days.
Wqrrior and yikes liked this.
Mar. 23, 2021 at 10:28 p.m.
What in tarnation
Nashville Predators

It's faint and quiet, but what you can hear in that video is pretty f*cking awkward for the whole league as a whole. I suggest you up your volume to hear it.
A_Habs_fan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll