C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 4
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$2,166,667$2,166,667
RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 2
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RD
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 4, 2023 at 3:46 p.m.
Reinbacher Josi 2.0
Mtl easily declines
BorisBagel liked this.
Feb. 4, 2023 at 3:47 p.m.
Don Sweeney
BOS accepts
Feb. 4, 2023 at 3:56 p.m.
mtl declines that; dach is more valuable to them right now than PLD is, and i'm sure they think they can lure him in FA
Feb. 4, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Quoting: mfiore
BOS accepts

And then what? Trade Zboril to get the 4th back? There is no room for him, and neither clear waivers.
Feb. 4, 2023 at 4:29 p.m.
Zero chance the Jets are sellers at the deadline and no chance they trade Dubois for less than a rental Horvat got.
OldNYIfan, Luguber and Mr_Canoehead liked this.
Feb. 4, 2023 at 6:02 p.m.
Kings decline, they have better options than Dillon especially for that package.
Feb. 4, 2023 at 6:31 p.m.
Quoting: Windjammer
Zero chance the Jets are sellers at the deadline and no chance they trade Dubois for less than a rental Horvat got.

Dach + Barron and a 3rd are more than what Vancouver got for Horvat, Dach = 1st + Beauvillier and Barron > Raty plus the Habs are adding a 3rd. Also PLD also has to be considered a rental until he signs an extension.

Edit** Forgot to add that you are absolutely right the Jets won't be sellers this year lol
Feb. 4, 2023 at 6:31 p.m.
Reinbacher Josi 2.0

That is way more than what Horvat got. Dach alone is worth close to Horvat
Feb. 4, 2023 at 6:39 p.m.
Quoting: Campabee
Dach + Barron and a 3rd are more than what Vancouver got for Horvat, Dach = 1st + Beauvillier and Barron > Raty plus the Habs are adding a 3rd. Also PLD also has to be considered a rental until he signs an extension.

Edit** Forgot to add that you are absolutely right the Jets won't be sellers this year lol

I don't think so. There's no first. Beauvillier at this point is better than Dach at the very least equal. Raty is better than Barron and there's nothing extra being added for getting a full year extra of term on a younger better player.

The 3 pieces Montreal is giving up here are less in value that the 3 pieces the Islanders gave up mainly due to the lack of a first. If you wasn't to try and get away without adding a first, you'd need to really up the value of prospects you are giving our theJets just move him somewhere that is offering a 1st.
Feb. 4, 2023 at 6:41 p.m.
Quoting: Caufield

Lol. Okay in your world maybe, but in reality an okay 2nd line winger like Dach is nowhere close to a 30 goal scoring top 6 center.
Luguber liked this.
Feb. 4, 2023 at 6:47 p.m.
Luguber

No, that's inaccurate, both of your statements actually. smile
Windjammer liked this.
Feb. 4, 2023 at 7:02 p.m.
I don't think so. There's no first. Beauvillier at this point is better than Dach at the very least equal. Raty is better than Barron and there's nothing extra being added for getting a full year extra of term on a younger better player.

The 3 pieces Montreal is giving up here are less in value that the 3 pieces the Islanders gave up mainly due to the lack of a first. If you wasn't to try and get away without adding a first, you'd need to really up the value of prospects you are giving our theJets just move him somewhere that is offering a 1st.

i agree woth your statement that raty is more valuable than barron but there is no way that dach doesnt not hold more value than beauviller. dach was traded for 13th overall and his putting up his best season now on a sweet deal, his value got up. on the other hand, they couldnt move veauviller for free this summer to make space for kadri. thats all you need to know if you want to look at the perceived value of these players around the league. one got traded for a first round pick, they other they couldnt get rid off.
SevenLeg liked this.
Feb. 4, 2023 at 7:11 p.m.
Quoting: drambui
i agree woth your statement that raty is more valuable than barron but there is no way that dach doesnt not hold more value than beauviller. dach was traded for 13th overall and his putting up his best season now on a sweet deal, his value got up. on the other hand, they couldnt move veauviller for free this summer to make space for kadri. thats all you need to know if you want to look at the perceived value of these players around the league. one got traded for a first round pick, they other they couldnt get rid off.

Maybe. Beauvillier is an all around 2 way player, while Dach is a one way player benefiting from playing top line minutes and PP1 time with 13 PP points. I wouldn't say his value has gone up as he's only had one good partial season since his injury in Chicago.
Plus he's getting ice time and PP time he wouldn't get on a better team.

Even if we say Dach it's worth more than Beauviller, he doesn't make up for the lack of a first in the deal and the overall insufficient value.
Feb. 4, 2023 at 7:30 p.m.
Reinbacher Josi 2.0
Quoting: Luguber
No, that's inaccurate, both of your statements actually. smile

Only Winnipeg fans seem to agree...
Feb. 4, 2023 at 7:50 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Maybe. Beauvillier is an all around 2 way player, while Dach is a one way player benefiting from playing top line minutes and PP1 time with 13 PP points. I wouldn't say his value has gone up as he's only had one good partial season since his injury in Chicago.
Plus he's getting ice time and PP time he wouldn't get on a better team.

Even if we say Dach it's worth more than Beauviller, he doesn't make up for the lack of a first in the deal and the overall insufficient value.

Dach is younger and just starting to grow into a 1W/2C role.
His PP production is actually impressive given Montreal's league worst standing. He also hasn't had much to work with for wingers (when not on Suzuki's line) and been playing in front of an almost all rookie defense squad with frequent vet injuries.

Dach is worth more than the 1st returned for Horvat the later that pick ends up.
Barron is worth more than Raty.
Beauvilier vs a 3rd is the comparison. Isles wanted to move him and doubt Vancouver particularly wanted him. They probably would have preferred a 3rd but needed to make the cap work.
SevenLeg liked this.
Feb. 4, 2023 at 8:01 p.m.
Tony Marinaro does have a point. I don't know much about Marinaro, but it was funny.

Feb. 4, 2023 at 8:03 p.m.
Quoting: ricochetii
Dach is younger and just starting to grow into a 1W/2C role.
His PP production is actually impressive given Montreal's league worst standing. He also hasn't had much to work with for wingers (when not on Suzuki's line) and been playing in front of an almost all rookie defense squad with frequent vet injuries.

Dach is worth more than the 1st returned for Horvat the later that pick ends up.
Barron is worth more than Raty.
Beauvilier vs a 3rd is the comparison. Isles wanted to move him and doubt Vancouver particularly wanted him. They probably would have preferred a 3rd but needed to make the cap work.

Sorry, I disagree. I like Dach, but I can't think of anyone that would give up a first for him. He's okay, nothing special and is befitting from ice time and PP time he wouldn't be getting on a good team. Wingers are fairly easy to find.

I will say he is the only desirable piece in the above deal though. Barron is okay, just not really needed and as other Montreal fans have said Raty is more valuable. So there just isn't enough enticement there for Winnipeg to look at it. It's just way short of what Vancouver got for Horvat.
Feb. 4, 2023 at 8:32 p.m.
Jets fans might need to lower their expectations on the return a Dubois to MTL trade would bring. While Dubois is a more valuable player than Horvat in a vacuum, the situations of the buying teams are completely different. NYI brought in Horvat for a playoff push, MTL isn't making playoffs this season, and if management is being realistic they aren't making it next year either. Dubois is only under team control for one more season at this point, and that one season of having him doesn't outweigh having Dach for 4 more seasons (3 more on his current deal and 1 RFA), Barron for 5 (1 more ELC year and 4 RFA), plus the 2M in cap space next season.
MTL is incredible unlikely to pay more for Dubois than NYI payed for Horvat unless there is an extension in place. Unless the Jets can get a long term deal done with Dubois their best option is to trade him to a contender next season as a pending UFA, or use him as an own rental and just accept he might walk for nothing. MTL on the other hand is better of not wasting the assets and gambling on getting him as a UFA when bringing him in lines up better with them starting to work towards competing again. MTL is a bad partner for a Dubois trade at this point.
Campabee liked this.
Feb. 4, 2023 at 9:59 p.m.
Sorry, I disagree. I like Dach, but I can't think of anyone that would give up a first for him. He's okay, nothing special and is befitting from ice time and PP time he wouldn't be getting on a good team. Wingers are fairly easy to find.

I will say he is the only desirable piece in the above deal though. Barron is okay, just not really needed and as other Montreal fans have said Raty is more valuable. So there just isn't enough enticement there for Winnipeg to look at it. It's just way short of what Vancouver got for Horvat.

One questionable Montreal fan agreed with you the rest of us have all disagreed. Raty is a middle 6 center prospect, Barron is a top 4 RHD prospect. Raty has played 12 games this year and has 2 points to show for it. Barron has played 14 games and has doubled the forwards totals. As a general rule forwards should be getting at least double the points as a D man. Right now as they stand Raty isn't more than a third liner and more likely a 4th liner. Barron is already playing top 4 and is likely to stay there the rest of the season.

As for Dach, there are multiple GM's who went on record at the draft last year as saying that the trade was an astute move by Hughes and only having to give up the 13th pick in a weak draft was quite the accomplishment. Dach is worth a 1st and maybe 2nd right now and his value is going up. He has been outscoring Suzuki over the last month and a half and we all know that Zuke and PLD are very close in value. With Dach scoring at a better clip than Zuke and the fact that he has moved back to 2C over the last 5 or 6 games his value is climbing towards Zuke and PLD's, it's not there yet but it is on the rise.
Feb. 4, 2023 at 10:11 p.m.
One questionable Montreal fan agreed with you the rest of us have all disagreed. Raty is a middle 6 center prospect, Barron is a top 4 RHD prospect. Raty has played 12 games this year and has 2 points to show for it. Barron has played 14 games and has doubled the forwards totals. As a general rule forwards should be getting at least double the points as a D man. Right now as they stand Raty isn't more than a third liner and more likely a 4th liner. Barron is already playing top 4 and is likely to stay there the rest of the season.

As for Dach, there are multiple GM's who went on record at the draft last year as saying that the trade was an astute move by Hughes and only having to give up the 13th pick in a weak draft was quite the accomplishment. Dach is worth a 1st and maybe 2nd right now and his value is going up. He has been outscoring Suzuki over the last month and a half and we all know that Zuke and PLD are very close in value. With Dach scoring at a better clip than Zuke and the fact that he has moved back to 2C over the last 5 or 6 games his value is climbing towards Zuke and PLD's, it's not there yet but it is on the rise.

I'm not saying Dach wasn't worth the price you paid for him last year. I'm saying I wouldn't want the Jets paying a 1st for him now. You've really got to have those Montreal red glasses on tightly to think that a 50 point winger is anywhere close to a PPG 1C, it's simply not realistic at all.

We've had some good discussions lately, but that viewpoint just has no basis in reality. There is a least a 1st round picks difference between an average winger and a young 1C.

I guess we could leave it this way. You can believe that Dach is worth a 1st and takes the place of the required first in the PLD deal, but I'm almost 100% certain the Jets wouldn't agree.
Feb. 4, 2023 at 10:23 p.m.
Edited Feb. 5, 2023 at 12:00 a.m.
I'm not saying Dach wasn't worth the price you paid for him last year. I'm saying I wouldn't want the Jets paying a 1st for him now. You've really got to have those Montreal red glasses on tightly to think that a 50 point winger is anywhere close to a PPG 1C, it's simply not realistic at all.

We've had some good discussions lately, but that viewpoint just has no basis in reality. There is a least a 1st round picks difference between an average winger and a young 1C.

I guess we could leave it this way. You can believe that Dach is worth a 1st and takes the place of the required first in the PLD deal, but I'm almost 100% certain the Jets wouldn't agree.

You keep saying Dach is a winger but he isn't he is a center just like Zuke and PLD. Also want to discuss 22 y.o. seasons? Dach is on pace for 50 points PLD had a measly 21 points in his 22 y.o. season, if anyone is wearing team colored glasses it's you my friend. Also I did not say Dach was worth the same as Zuke and PLD, I said his value is on the rise and is approaching their level. As discussed previously PLD is worth 2 1st + Barron + a cap offset Zuke is probably only worth a 1st + 2nd and cap offset, I would peg Dach at a 1st + 2nd or 3rd. Like I said he isn't there yet but his value is raising towards the Zuke PLD level
SevenLeg and Caufield liked this.
Feb. 4, 2023 at 10:45 p.m.
You keep saying Dach is a winger but he isn't he is a center just like Zuke and PLD. Also want to discuss 22 y.o. seasons? Dach is on pace for 50 points PLD had a measly 21 points in his 22 y.o. season, if anyone is wearing team colored glasses it's you my friend. Also I did not say Dach was worth the same as Zuke and PLD, I said his value is on the rise and is approaching their level. As discussed previously PLD is worth 2 1st + Barron + a cap offset Zuke is probably only worth a 1st + 2nd and cap offset, I would peg PLD at a 1st + 2nd or 3rd. Like I said he isn't there yet but his value is raising towards the Zuke PLD level

Dach has picked up most of his points as a winger with Suzuki. Yes his value is rising, but he's just not in that league yet. I like him and hope he does well and if he did come to the Jets that world be great. We'd just have to wait and see how that deal was structured.
Feb. 5, 2023 at 3:17 a.m.
Luguber

Think you're putting a little too much emphasis on the fact that Dach's outscoring Suzuki over the last month and a half.
I mean since the 20th of december up to now, Dach's got 11 points(4 even strength points) compared to Suzukis 9 points(5 even strength points).
Feb. 5, 2023 at 3:22 a.m.
Luguber
Only Winnipeg fans seem to agree...

Haven't seen anyone other than you so far, stating that Dach has almost the same value as Horvat.
Feb. 5, 2023 at 7:55 a.m.
Reinbacher Josi 2.0

General rule of thumb... To see a young player's value in terms of picks, do a redraft of the draft year of a certain player (Dach in this case). Where falls in that redraft is approximately what he is worth, and it just depends on the strength of the draft. The 2019 draft was pretty good and Dach would probably fall 8th in a redraft, so Dach would probably be worth 7th to 12th OA depending on the draft.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll