Tintin over 1122
That game went to 4 ots yesterday?

What time did it end
Rolfadinho liked this.
May 19, 2023 at 9:07 a.m.
Quoting: capsfan2121

What time did it end

Almost 5 lol. Tkachuk scored with like 10 seconds left in the 4th. Game ended at like 1:50AM eastern
capsfan2121, Rolfadinho and zk97 liked this.
May 19, 2023 at 9:18 a.m.
cautious optimism
Edited May 19, 2023 at 10:02 a.m.

What time did it end

still ain't got nothin on TBL-CBJ Game 1 from the bubble

cannot believe i stayed up to watch that whole game, that was a mistake.

(it was offsides Very Angry )
capsfan2121, Steven_Stamkos, Rolfadinho and 5 others liked this.
May 19, 2023 at 9:26 a.m.
344777593_3551323871762904_577897513729189123_n.png?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=B7ctq_jUsmcAX98iBt3&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq2-1.fna&oh=03_AdSlVuzkLA_zbtJVFODSXDaXHlKax1Zwu_ZRoDQ53Dl7Yw&oe=648EE03F
May 19, 2023 at 9:32 a.m.
Edited May 19, 2023 at 9:39 a.m.
Quoting: pinslack
344777593_3551323871762904_577897513729189123_n.png?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=B7ctq_jUsmcAX98iBt3&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq2-1.fna&oh=03_AdSlVuzkLA_zbtJVFODSXDaXHlKax1Zwu_ZRoDQ53Dl7Yw&oe=648EE03F

Personally I think overtimes should get called hard. I think it needs to be something really egregious for a penalty to get called. The problem I see with a lot of people in overtime is they go "WTF, that's a penalty, how can you not call that???!" people want every thing called because they want as early or as many chances on the powerplay in OT as they can get. But if things get called easy in overtime then they complain about how soft the call is. You can't have it both ways. It's the most intense time of the season, when in doubt, keep the game fair and 5 on 5 rather than having the game/series/cup end over a soft call that didn't effect the game that much anyway. Point blank, if you and your team are complaining about not getting powerplays or getting penalties called against you, you have a problem. If you can't win at this time of year 5 on 5, you don't deserve to be here. Games are won and lost by what you and your team does, not by what the other team or the refs do to you. Because at the end of the day, the only thing you can control is how you play YOUR game. You can't control what the opposing team or the refs do, it's not on them, it's on you.
justaBoss and Hurricanes_WPG liked this.
May 19, 2023 at 9:40 a.m.

What time did it end

CHUCKY scored the game winning at around 1:55 am eastern time.
capsfan2121 liked this.
May 19, 2023 at 11:19 a.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: mv21227
Bobrovsky with 5.34 GSAx tonight, second highest single game total of the analytics era. Only behind bubble Demko (6.08 GSAx, game 6 against VGK)

Wonder how many pounds Bob lost this game. Also, I didn’t know Demko had 6.08 GSAx. Kind of crazy that happened in regulation
Steven_Stamkos, zk97 and Rolfadinho liked this.
May 19, 2023 at 11:37 a.m.
Quoting: Juiceman
Wonder how many pounds Bob lost this game. Also, I didn’t know Demko had 6.08 GSAx. Kind of crazy that happened in regulation

Carolina’s xGF on the PP was over 2. Bob probably lost 5 pounds on the 5 on 3 alone
Steven_Stamkos, zk97 and Rolfadinho liked this.
May 19, 2023 at 9:19 p.m.
What in tarnation
Roboooooo
Steven_Stamkos liked this.
May 19, 2023 at 10:06 p.m.
What in tarnation
Dallas is in world of trouble if they let Vegas have the puck this much.

They can't resort to play full counter attack hockey.
May 19, 2023 at 10:43 p.m.
What in tarnation
Roooope
May 19, 2023 at 11:13 p.m.
Dallas is beyond clutch this season
justaBoss liked this.
May 19, 2023 at 11:25 p.m.
What in tarnation
Every Game 1 goes to OT for Dallas in these playoffs.

DAL also has lost all of them.

Let's hope that changes tonight.

Let's go Dallas!
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
May 19, 2023 at 11:28 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
OT winner prediction for both teams:
DAL - Joel Kiviranta
VGK - Ivan Barbashev
May 19, 2023 at 11:29 p.m.
Jinx god
Hintz and Eichel
rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 19, 2023 at 11:31 p.m.
What in tarnation
Here's a funny thought for you.

Let's say Vegas and Florida went to the finals.

It's game 2.

We get to OT.

The game ends up being like all time long in NHL history.

Tkachuk scores at time 176.31 or something (longest game in history is 176.30).

And then we go to Florida for Game 3.

Distance between Vegas and Sunrise is almost 2200 miles.

Not much time for resting lol.
rangersandislesfan and zk97 liked this.
May 19, 2023 at 11:32 p.m.
What in tarnation
bruh

dallas OT is f*cking cursed.
May 19, 2023 at 11:38 p.m.
What in tarnation
Why does every Dallas OT have to go the same way.

Losing it after a very unlucky bounce.

Oh well, it's not like it's our first rodeo.

Regular season and playoffs combined Dallas has played 25 OT games this year, and they've won only 8 of them.
May 19, 2023 at 11:41 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Bruce Cassidy has turned VGK into a serious threat

They got depth top to bottom and their goalies have stepped up especially when we consider the true starter aint even playing
May 19, 2023 at 11:46 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: aadoyle
Bruce Cassidy has turned VGK into a serious threat

They got depth top to bottom and their goalies have stepped up especially when we consider the true starter aint even playing

What I saw today...I wouldn't call that good goaltending. It's barely passable. Hill is very, very weak when it comes to rebound control, hence he is a 4th goalie for them.

That being said, Vegas defense is very good, and for a goalie it's probably the Top3 place to play in right now.

It's probably an instinct for the VGK defense to play very responsibly since they know that they do not have that goalie in there that'll save them, they've lost their goalies one by one.
May 19, 2023 at 11:50 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: justaBoss
What I saw today...I wouldn't call that good goaltending. It's barely passable. Hill is very, very weak when it comes to rebound control, hence he is a 4th goalie for them.

That being said, Vegas defense is very good, and for a goalie it's probably the Top3 place to play in right now.

It's probably an instinct for the VGK defense to play very responsibly since they know that they do not have that goalie in there that'll save them, they've lost their goalies one by one.

Hey Hill beat Jesus in the playoffs got to put respect on the name
May 19, 2023 at 11:57 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: aadoyle
Hey Hill beat Jesus in the playoffs got to put respect on the name

10 points in 6 games. Wouldn't call that beating.

Vegas is simply better as a team, and they have more cohesive system. They don't need to rely on a two-headed monster.

He did beat EDM goaltending though, I'll give you that much.
Steven_Stamkos, Tintin, A_Habs_fan and 2 others liked this.
May 20, 2023 at 12:07 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Steven_Stamkos
Personally I think overtimes should get called hard. I think it needs to be something really egregious for a penalty to get called. The problem I see with a lot of people in overtime is they go "WTF, that's a penalty, how can you not call that???!" people want every thing called because they want as early or as many chances on the powerplay in OT as they can get. But if things get called easy in overtime then they complain about how soft the call is. You can't have it both ways. It's the most intense time of the season, when in doubt, keep the game fair and 5 on 5 rather than having the game/series/cup end over a soft call that didn't effect the game that much anyway. Point blank, if you and your team are complaining about not getting powerplays or getting penalties called against you, you have a problem. If you can't win at this time of year 5 on 5, you don't deserve to be here. Games are won and lost by what you and your team does, not by what the other team or the refs do to you. Because at the end of the day, the only thing you can control is how you play YOUR game. You can't control what the opposing team or the refs do, it's not on them, it's on you.

I agree in principal. I want games decided 5 on 5.
I think you have to get to that point by stopping teams from taking penalties however, and that can't happen if you don't make the calls.
Call everything and players will adjust, eventually. If every rule is a coin toss on whether it gets enforced, players will continue to take advantage of the "game management" aspect to gain an edge.
Steven_Stamkos and A_Habs_fan liked this.
May 20, 2023 at 12:51 a.m.
Quoting: ricochetii
I agree in principal. I want games decided 5 on 5.
I think you have to get to that point by stopping teams from taking penalties however, and that can't happen if you don't make the calls.
Call everything and players will adjust, eventually. If every rule is a coin toss on whether it gets enforced, players will continue to take advantage of the "game management" aspect to gain an edge.

For some reason officiating has become the most talked about thing this playoffs. Forget Florda's underdog run. Forget the cup finals teams last year out in the first round. Outstanding individual performances. Whatever anyone wants to label as the headline or headlines for this years playoffs, they're wrong. Across the board it's been officiating. Do I agree with the majority? No. This is my first year on CF for the playoffs, but this site has been polluted with complaints and arguements about the refs since the second week of April. It feels as if literally every game there is a problem with the refs lol.

But my response to your comment:
See, that's also an issue in my opinion. Because teams are already taking advantage of game management by the refs. I don't think calling anything and everything will solve it because then you end up playing half or more than half of the game without 5v5. And then it just turns into who can score the most goals. A teams gameplan won't be centered around their style of play, it will be about how we can score more on the powerplay than our opponent, and how we can kill more penalties than they do. The problem with calling everything is that the game will turn soft. Players take less chances because they know they'll get called for it, and the whole game becomes less ferocious and physical. The penalty I hate more than anything on earth that has become quiet regularly called over the last idk 5 years, has been slashing. Slashing a players stick while he has the puck. There is a difference between slashing a players hands/slashing and breaking a players stick, and smacking a puck carriers stick with your stick to effectively knock the puck out of his possession. That's called good defense in my opinion. Things are tightening up now that we are into high pressure time nearing the finals. But in the regular season there were countless soft calls that just ruin the game in my opinion.

If the NHL want's to make stuff soft and easy, to the point where the whole game becomes solely about skill, so be it. But I would hate to see that happen. The grimey, physical, game within the game type stuff that we see in the playoffs is what makes the game great. Not players just flying around the ice dangling with protection from basically any contact whether by stick or body.
ricochetii liked this.
May 20, 2023 at 9:19 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Steven_Stamkos
For some reason officiating has become the most talked about thing this playoffs. Forget Florda's underdog run. Forget the cup finals teams last year out in the first round. Outstanding individual performances. Whatever anyone wants to label as the headline or headlines for this years playoffs, they're wrong. Across the board it's been officiating. Do I agree with the majority? No. This is my first year on CF for the playoffs, but this site has been polluted with complaints and arguements about the refs since the second week of April. It feels as if literally every game there is a problem with the refs lol.

But my response to your comment:
See, that's also an issue in my opinion. Because teams are already taking advantage of game management by the refs. I don't think calling anything and everything will solve it because then you end up playing half or more than half of the game without 5v5. And then it just turns into who can score the most goals. A teams gameplan won't be centered around their style of play, it will be about how we can score more on the powerplay than our opponent, and how we can kill more penalties than they do. The problem with calling everything is that the game will turn soft. Players take less chances because they know they'll get called for it, and the whole game becomes less ferocious and physical. The penalty I hate more than anything on earth that has become quiet regularly called over the last idk 5 years, has been slashing. Slashing a players stick while he has the puck. There is a difference between slashing a players hands/slashing and breaking a players stick, and smacking a puck carriers stick with your stick to effectively knock the puck out of his possession. That's called good defense in my opinion. Things are tightening up now that we are into high pressure time nearing the finals. But in the regular season there were countless soft calls that just ruin the game in my opinion.

If the NHL want's to make stuff soft and easy, to the point where the whole game becomes solely about skill, so be it. But I would hate to see that happen. The grimey, physical, game within the game type stuff that we see in the playoffs is what makes the game great. Not players just flying around the ice dangling with protection from basically any contact whether by stick or body.

The playoffs is the wrong time to implement a stricter level of adherence, but it would be a multi-season undertaking regardless. Players aren't going to adapt quickly and will continue to push the limits, until the league shows they will not relax the standard as they have so often before.
Consistency is the goal and that can only be accomplished with diligence.
The biggest gripe in officiating (and game management), is the lack of consistency. X is not a penalty in Y situation, like letting a crosscheck slide because that team is already down 3-0.

As for what gets called, you can't take a crosschecking or slashing penalty if your stick is at ice level, so all players have to do is keep their blades down. That's not a difficult thing to manage, there's just no incentive for them to make the adjustment.
(Tangent, but IMO the double minor for high sticking is perhaps the silliest penalty. You can prevent it by wearing a full shield. If you choose less protection, you assume the risk.)

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll