Trades
TOR
  1. Borgen, William [RFA Rights]
  2. Gourde, Yanni
  3. 2023 1st round pick (SEA)
  4. 2023 2nd round pick (SEA)
  5. 2024 4th round pick (SEA)
Additional Details:
Seattle gets some higher up skill to compliment their depth, Leafs get some positions of need and picks
TOR
    Toronto gets to free cap space, Chicago gets to hit the floor and add to their futures with a pick, and a young piece in Timmins
    CHI
    1. Murray, Matt
    2. Timmins, Conor
    3. 2024 4th round pick (TOR)
    TOR
    1. Peeke, Andrew
    Additional Details:
    Peeke's most likely on the outs with the logjam of CBJ defense. They can use the pick to get current assets since they seem to be focused on adding win-now pieces, this could be part of a 3 way deal (ie: Laughon to CBJ, Peeke to TOR, 1st to Philly) since CBJ likely would want a center
    CBJ
    1. Abruzzese, Nick [RFA Rights]
    2. 2023 1st round pick (SEA)
    TOR
    1. Foegele, Warren
    Additional Details:
    Oilers currently have 5 mill avaiable with 9F 7D signed and they need to re-sign Mcleod and Bouchard. Foegele is a fine player but the cap hit is a little high, but the leafs have room for 1 year
    EDM
    1. 2024 7th round pick (OTT)
    TOR
    1. Garland, Conor
    Additional Details:
    Vancouver is still looking to move to clear space, some teams wanted them to add a sweetner but I think the deal is fine considering his 5v5 scoring. I might be worried about his size come playoff time but I think it's a fair bet to make, considering the alternatives of overpaying in FA or trading assets to get a player
    VAN
    TOR
      do I need to explain this one?
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the BOS
      Logo of the SEA
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the NYI
      Logo of the SEA
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      23$83,500,000$83,189,083$0$0$310,917
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
      $2,100,000$2,100,000
      RW, C, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      $11,640,250$11,640,250
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
      $4,950,000$4,950,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 3
      Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
      $2,750,000$2,750,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $11,000,000$11,000,000
      C, LW
      NMC
      UFA - 2
      $10,903,000$10,903,000
      RW
      NMC
      UFA - 2
      $925,000$925,000
      LW, RW
      RFA - 2
      Logo of the Seattle Kraken
      $5,166,666$5,166,666
      C, LW, RW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $1,900,000$1,900,000
      C, RW
      UFA - 2
      $762,500$762,500
      RW, LW
      UFA - 1
      $775,000$775,000
      C, LW
      RFA - 2
      $1,350,000$1,350,000
      C, RW
      UFA - 3
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $7,500,000$7,500,000
      LD
      NMC
      UFA - 7
      Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
      $2,750,000$2,750,000
      RD
      UFA - 3
      $3,800,000$3,800,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      LD/RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $1,400,000$1,400,000
      RD
      RFA - 1
      $766,667$766,667
      G
      RFA - 2
      $2,000,000$2,000,000
      LD/RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $3,000,000$3,000,000
      RD
      UFA - 2
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $1,000,000$1,000,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 1
      $950,000$950,000
      RD
      UFA - 3
      $800,000$800,000
      LD
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Jun. 23, 2023 at 10:18 a.m.
      Rip
      This is one of those classic "the grass is greener" posts. Peeke isn't good enough to move Gudbranson from the lineup, that is pretty awful.
      Jun. 23, 2023 at 10:20 a.m.
      Have to think Chicago passes. Nothing there is attractive enough to take on Murray imo.
      Hawksguy81 and Snowhawk18 liked this.
      Jun. 23, 2023 at 10:22 a.m.
      Seattle passes. It’s a 2nd line center and a young dman for an RFA winger.
      Hockey_Soul liked this.
      Jun. 23, 2023 at 10:23 a.m.
      Quoting: thesaadfather
      Have to think Chicago passes. Nothing there is attractive enough to take on Murray imo.

Personally, I would do it as Chicago. I think Timmins is a good player and it's fine value for 1 year of Murray, even if he is buried or rides the pine. Definitely an underpayment for a cap dump compared to what the majority of this site would suggest.
      Hockey_Soul and leafsFan1996 liked this.
      Jun. 23, 2023 at 10:32 a.m.
      Quoting: Steven_Stamkos
      Personally, I would do it as Chicago. I think Timmins is a good player and it's fine value for 1 year of Murray, even if he is buried or rides the pine. Definitely an underpayment for a cap dump compared to what the majority of this site would suggest.

I like Timmins decently enough, but I just don’t see him being worth it. The Hawks have 4 goalies already, so they have to figure out what to do with the extra guy. They have 3 RD in the NHL and Regula that needs time. Short term I don’t really see a fit. Long term, the Hawks have Jones and Murphy signed on the right side with prospects coming up, and Timmins is a going to be 28-30 before the Hawks really start to push to contend. The rest of the core will be early 20s. Unless they think Timmins can be picked for a really good pick, I just don’t see what it does for the Hawks.
      Jun. 23, 2023 at 10:33 a.m.

Hawks definitely decline. Not nearly enough to take on Murray, who has a $6m actual salary for next season. As for Timmins, he's now playing for his 3rd organization as a 24 y.o. He hasn't had a full healthy season since his draft year in 2017. And he really struggles in his own end. He doesn't have that much value. The 4th round pick might he the best asset in this package.
      LivingAnew, wojohawk, Steven_Stamkos and 2 others liked this.
      Jun. 23, 2023 at 10:43 a.m.
      LOL at that being a good trade for the Hawks. They don't need "help" getting to the cap floor....they are litterally ONE 4-5 million contract to either a UFA or a dump from filling out the lineup with league minimum contracts to reach the floor. Timmins who is about to turn 25 is not "young"...especially not for a rebuilding team at ground zero. Yes a late 4th technically is a "future", but for a team like the Hawks with no less than 15 better picks in this and the next draft, you have utterly failed to give the Hawks ANY reason to look at Murray. Compound that Murray would be the 5th goalie under contract (likely forcing a buyout of someone) and the Hawks have 3 RHD on big contracts with Regula needing some NHL time and if they keep Mitchell even more options.
      Snowhawk18, ChiHawk and Hawksguy81 liked this.
      Jun. 23, 2023 at 10:48 a.m.
      Be formless
      Columbus accepts!
      benjgc liked this.
      Jun. 23, 2023 at 10:54 a.m.
      Quoting: Hawksguy81
      Hawks definitely decline. Not nearly enough to take on Murray, who has a $6m actual salary for next season. As for Timmins, he's now playing for his 3rd organization as a 24 y.o. He hasn't had a full healthy season since his draft year in 2017. And he really struggles in his own end. He doesn't have that much value. The 4th round pick might he the best asset in this package.

That's understandable. My knowledge of his play is probably too limited to give an accurate assessment. He's looked somewhat promising for a developmental player in the bottom 4. But again, yeah this is a pretty weak package compared to what others would want to receive for Murray.
      Snowhawk18, wojohawk and Hawksguy81 liked this.
      Jun. 23, 2023 at 11:02 a.m.
      Quoting: RipNasty
      This is one of those classic "the grass is greener" posts. Peeke isn't good enough to move Gudbranson from the lineup, that is pretty awful.

Peeke is better than Gudbranson, but Gudbranson is the lockerroom, vet, physical presence that Jarmo wants to keep on the team to protect the young guys. Also given the contracts for each, Peeke has more value to be moved. A first is an overpay in my opinion, but given the fact that Peeke is locked in at an affordable contract for the next couple years, he probably returns a little more than he is worth. I'd think a second would get it done or CBJ has to send a third or so to get a first rounder.
      pocke liked this.
      Jun. 23, 2023 at 11:03 a.m.
      Edmonton declines. Foegele was amazing last season, he was at the top of the league for creating scoring chances and his 2.09 P/60 at 5v5 was tied with John Tavares. He's WELL WORTH the $2.75M contract, he scored at 1st line rates on a 3rd line salary.

And no, he didn't play with McDavid or Draisaitl much at all.
      Jun. 23, 2023 at 12:07 p.m.
      Rip
      Quoting: hopefullynextyear
      Peeke is better than Gudbranson, but Gudbranson is the lockerroom, vet, physical presence that Jarmo wants to keep on the team to protect the young guys. Also given the contracts for each, Peeke has more value to be moved. A first is an overpay in my opinion, but given the fact that Peeke is locked in at an affordable contract for the next couple years, he probably returns a little more than he is worth. I'd think a second would get it done or CBJ has to send a third or so to get a first rounder.

Peeke's results last season were terrible. He's definitely overrated
      CD282 liked this.
      Jun. 23, 2023 at 1:27 p.m.

There is also a cap floor they need to hit, The leafs took on Murray for 2 years remaining on the deal for a 3rd and a 7th so I don't think it's crazy
      Jun. 23, 2023 at 1:37 p.m.
      Quoting: wojohawk
      LOL at that being a good trade for the Hawks. They don't need "help" getting to the cap floor....they are litterally ONE 4-5 million contract to either a UFA or a dump from filling out the lineup with league minimum contracts to reach the floor. Timmins who is about to turn 25 is not "young"...especially not for a rebuilding team at ground zero. Yes a late 4th technically is a "future", but for a team like the Hawks with no less than 15 better picks in this and the next draft, you have utterly failed to give the Hawks ANY reason to look at Murray. Compound that Murray would be the 5th goalie under contract (likely forcing a buyout of someone) and the Hawks have 3 RHD on big contracts with Regula needing some NHL time and if they keep Mitchell even more options.

I love how much of a **** people can be on here, maybe I the idiot for ever posting and attracting you mouth breathers. You act like a simple cap dump seen on the regular is ridiculous, Also the "3 RHD" argument like injuries never happen or like the hawks wouldn't trade Connor Murphy (which they most likely will before his deal is up). Same argument with the 5 goalies. Or They even buyout Murray (it's a cap dump so they could).

I'm pretty open to having a normal discourse on here but **** people like you come in acting like the biggest assholes. It's fake hockey trades ffs
      Jun. 23, 2023 at 2:29 p.m.
      Peeke's results last season were terrible. He's definitely overrated

I mean I already said the first was overpayment. But if you are evaluating him on last year's results, he rotated through numerous AHL defensemen on his pairing, dealt with multiple injuries and was forced much higher in the lineup than he should have been due to other injuries. Also the defensive scheme last year was a joke. In the prior year, he performed much better, still not a first round value in my opinion, but he definitely has value at his current cap hit.
      Jun. 23, 2023 at 2:33 p.m.
      Quoting: leafsFan1996
      I love how much of a **** people can be on here, maybe I the idiot for ever posting and attracting you mouth breathers. You act like a simple cap dump seen on the regular is ridiculous, Also the "3 RHD" argument like injuries never happen or like the hawks wouldn't trade Connor Murphy (which they most likely will before his deal is up). Same argument with the 5 goalies. Or They even buyout Murray (it's a cap dump so they could).

I'm pretty open to having a normal discourse on here but **** people like you come in acting like the biggest assholes. It's fake hockey trades ffs

Sorry if I was to harsh. Just trying to explain why this proposal has no variable that would even remotely interest the Hawks into taking a 6 million cap dump. WE don't have to agree....this is make believe land and neither of our team's GM's are going to care about either of our opinoins.
      Jun. 23, 2023 at 2:53 p.m.
      Rip
      I mean I already said the first was overpayment. But if you are evaluating him on last year's results, he rotated through numerous AHL defensemen on his pairing, dealt with multiple injuries and was forced much higher in the lineup than he should have been due to other injuries. Also the defensive scheme last year was a joke. In the prior year, he performed much better, still not a first round value in my opinion, but he definitely has value at his current cap hit.

It's never the player eh?
      Jun. 23, 2023 at 10:51 p.m.
      It's never the player eh?

His performance from last season to this season was drastically different. If you are expecting a #1 RD, you are crazy, but he is a decent second pairing and solid third pairing guy.
      Jun. 24, 2023 at 12:04 a.m.
      Rip
      His performance from last season to this season was drastically different. If you are expecting a #1 RD, you are crazy, but he is a decent second pairing and solid third pairing guy.

I don't buy it, he's a bubble player.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll