1. Bean, Jake ($1,000,000 retained)
  2. Dumais, Jordan
  3. Sillinger, Cole
  4. 2024 4th round pick (SJS)
CBJ
  1. Murray, Matt
  2. Nylander, William
Additional Details:
Jarmo headlocks Nylander until he signs a 7 year X 9.88M.

Murray gets bought out.
TOR
  1. Mateychuk, Denton
  2. Peeke, Andrew
  3. Roslovic, Jack ($2,000,000 retained)
  4. 2024 1st round pick (CBJ)
  5. 2024 3rd round pick (LAK)
CBJ
  1. 2024 2nd round pick (CHI)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$82,818,199$0$6,900,000$681,801
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$9,750,000$9,750,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,200,000$3M)
C
RFA - 3
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C, RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
RFA - 1
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,525,000$1,525,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,583,333$9,583,333
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$5,400,000$5,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,725,000$4,725,000
LD
UFA - 2
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
RD
RFA - 3
$1,050,000$1,050,000
G
RFA - 2
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$825,000$825,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 14, 2023 at 8:48 p.m.
Donald
give Laine 1st line. better scheme fit to swap with willy imo
Jul. 14, 2023 at 8:56 p.m.
Chicago declines.
ChiHawk, Garak and Hawksguy81 liked this.
Jul. 14, 2023 at 8:57 p.m.
Habs 7th round 1983
Quoting: PaulKorea
Chicago declines.

May I ask why? I'm seriously curious
Jul. 14, 2023 at 8:57 p.m.
Sens decline.

Pinto fits with their timeline (which is now), played darn good last season, and has great upside as a future 2c.

Sens don't need defense, don't need a small winger that may or may not turn out in a few years, and verdict is still out on Sillinger.
TCMonkey liked this.
Jul. 14, 2023 at 9:11 p.m.
Habs 7th round 1983
I think Montreal would have an interest in Boqvist
PantsOffnJacket liked this.
Jul. 14, 2023 at 9:13 p.m.
Fire J.D. too
Quoting: AnonymousSensFan
Sens decline.

Pinto fits with their timeline (which is now), played darn good last season, and has great upside as a future 2c.

Sens don't need defense, don't need a small winger that may or may not turn out in a few years, and verdict is still out on Sillinger.

There's almost no way I see pinto getting top 2C on the sens.

They've got 1C and 2C locked in for years, and once his next contract hits(after this bridge) it'll be in the 8-9M if he plays out the way hes capable of. Sens wont be able to cover that on top of everyone they'll already be paying big $ to. This spreads out the years with Dumais (who has a high chance of top6 offense), and Sillinger will come round, last year he wasn't used properly at alllllll by the blind coach we had.
Jul. 14, 2023 at 9:17 p.m.
Quoting: VladislavTretiak

I don't think Boquist carries that kind of value anymore. Too many injuries, and not enough to show for his time in the league. Add that he is a two year, 5.8 million real dollar investment that ends with a $3.3Something qualifying offer at the end of the contract. Teams can find better uses of the cap/cash and a second round pick.

I was really high on him early, and he still can turn it around, but he's not shown enough or shown he can stay healthy enough to justify trading a second for him right now. He's a good hit away from finding himself like Travis Dermott.
Panic76, ChiHawk and Hawksguy81 liked this.
Jul. 14, 2023 at 9:20 p.m.
Habs 7th round 1983
Quoting: Pompadour_de_Armstrong
I don't think Boquist carries that kind of value anymore. Too many injuries, and not enough to show for his time in the league. Add that he is a two year, 5.8 million real dollar investment that ends with a $3.3Something qualifying offer at the end of the contract. Teams can find better uses of the cap/cash and a second round pick.

I was really high on him early, and he still can turn it around, but he's not shown enough or shown he can stay healthy enough to justify trading a second for him right now. He's a good hit away from finding himself like Travis Dermott.

Ok cool, thanks for that bro!
Jul. 14, 2023 at 9:30 p.m.
Fire J.D. too

When Boqvist returned from injury last season he played out the half of the season on a 45pts average, is still a young player with the pedigree of a top pairing dman. You are correct in saying he's been injury bitten but his potential if healthy is easily worth a 2nd round pick to most teams, 2nd round picks have a 25% rate of playing 200 games in the nhl...he's worth that risk
Civil_Eng_PE liked this.
Jul. 14, 2023 at 9:34 p.m.
Ok cool, thanks for that bro!

Just takes one GM to believe in him and decide they need what he brings and can develop his defensive game to make me look like an idiot. I just don't personally see it (regarding the return). He's got a hard time staying healthy, a bit undersized, and his own zone work hasn't been great historically. Doesn't check enough of the boxes for most teams.
There's still upside there. He's young. He's still great with the puck if you can bear the growing pains to see if he comes out the otherside, he probably puts up 40 points in a full season. And a lot of guys in this template eventually round out their game to be less of a liability. I think there's just too many question marks for NHL GM's to toss out second rounders these days.
Jul. 14, 2023 at 9:37 p.m.
Leafs likely decline.

They’re not going to take lesser value just because Murray is in the deal. Side note - Jackets can’t buy out Murray, they’re past their buy out window.

I could see something with Columbus and Toronto working like Peeke and 1 of Sillinger or Johnson (yes Jackets fans won’t like the idea of Johnson but with Nylander extended he won’t come cheap). Sillinger is probably the guy that fits in Toronto better with a bit more grit anyways, so Peeke, Sillinger, and a protected 1st would probably be the ballpark value they’re looking at
Jul. 14, 2023 at 9:38 p.m.
Habs 7th round 1983
Just takes one GM to believe in him and decide they need what he brings and can develop his defensive game to make me look like an idiot. I just don't personally see it (regarding the return). He's got a hard time staying healthy, a bit undersized, and his own zone work hasn't been great historically. Doesn't check enough of the boxes for most teams.
There's still upside there. He's young. He's still great with the puck if you can bear the growing pains to see if he comes out the otherside, he probably puts up 40 points in a full season. And a lot of guys in this template eventually round out their game to be less of a liability. I think there's just too many question marks for NHL GM's to toss out second rounders these days.

I was seeing him as an intriguing project for Montreal if Columbus have an interest in Dvorak
Jul. 14, 2023 at 9:39 p.m.
Quoting: PantsOffnJacket
You are correct in saying he's been injury bitten but his potential if healthy is easily worth a 2nd round pick to most teams,

If my aunt had b...,

I also think that contract drags him down.
Jul. 14, 2023 at 9:43 p.m.
Fire J.D. too
If my aunt had b...,

I also think that contract drags him down.

You missed quoting the rest of that comment... convenient 😂
Jul. 14, 2023 at 9:45 p.m.
I was seeing him as an intriguing project for Montreal if Columbus have an interest in Dvorak

I wouldn't dare speak for Habs fans. Especially on this corner of the internet wink
ChiHawk liked this.
Jul. 14, 2023 at 9:47 p.m.

They've got 1C and 2C locked in for years, and once his next contract hits(after this bridge) it'll be in the 8-9M if he plays out the way hes capable of. Sens wont be able to cover that on top of everyone they'll already be paying big $ to. This spreads out the years with Dumais (who has a high chance of top6 offense), and Sillinger will come round, last year he wasn't used properly at alllllll by the blind coach we had.

Pinto played top 2c most of last season. It's called injuries, they happen, especially on the sens.

Let's say Pinto does end up playing well enough that his post bridge deal is 8-9M. Why wouldn't the Sens want him reaching that ceiling with them, on a bridge deal? Who knows what happens by then. Maybe they trade Norris. Maybe they trade pinto for a haul. Maybe they decide to sign their centers, and cheap out on the wings. Heck, most of the core is already locked up long term, and the cap is going up. Many things can happen between now and then, and it makes no sense to trade him now while he's under team control.

And this ignores that the Sens NEED to make the playoffs this season. Pinto helps them achieves that. The proposed trade does not. Sillinger isn't better than pinto, nor do you think he is, or else you wouldn't be trading fim for Pinto. Dumais likely doesn't make the NHL this season, and as the playoffs have shown, not a lot of room for short players who can't win battles. Sens already have too much D, I can see them trading Brannstrom at some point just to free a spot for Kleven. So yeah, the trade doesn't make the Sens better now, which is what they care about.

Can Pinto be traded? Sure. But it will have to be a ridiculous overpay that makes the Sens definitely better now and for a few years. When the Sens D was severely lacking another top 4 last season, Dorion deemed Pinto (before his great season), untouchable in the trade for Chychrun. Doubt his rookie season changed PD's mind.
TCMonkey and Xspyrit liked this.
Jul. 14, 2023 at 9:48 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
I'm so glad nothing that gets posted here tends to happen lol. I would be livid with these deals for the Jackets.
Pompadour_de_Armstrong, PantsOffnJacket, CBJ_Bob and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 14, 2023 at 9:49 p.m.
Habs 7th round 1983
I wouldn't dare speak for Habs fans. Especially on this corner of the internet wink

Lol! Yes indeed, it's a dangerous hood.
Jul. 14, 2023 at 9:56 p.m.
You missed quoting the rest of that comment... convenient 😂

The rest of your comment I have already said myself almost verbatim. He has skill and youth in his favour. No-one doubts that.

It's my opinion he isn't worth that risk to anyone with the question. You obviously disagree. It's the Internet. These things happen.

Since he appears to be the odd man out in Columbus (who one would think would like an affordable 40-point young defenseman easily worth a second round pick), we might find out soon what he is worth around the league.
Jul. 14, 2023 at 11:30 p.m.
Quoting: GreatWhiteNorth
Leafs likely decline.

They’re not going to take lesser value just because Murray is in the deal. Side note - Jackets can’t buy out Murray, they’re past their buy out window.

I could see something with Columbus and Toronto working like Peeke and 1 of Sillinger or Johnson (yes Jackets fans won’t like the idea of Johnson but with Nylander extended he won’t come cheap). Sillinger is probably the guy that fits in Toronto better with a bit more grit anyways, so Peeke, Sillinger, and a protected 1st would probably be the ballpark value they’re looking at

I actually don't hate it for the Leafs. You get 2 years of Roslovic at 2 mil, a guy who could potentially slot in as your 2C and push Tavares to the wing. You get a potential partner for Rielly in Peeke, then a blue chip defensive prospect in Mateychuk along with a 1st and a 3rd. I took a stab at building a roster where we use those assets to upgrade elsewhere and would love your feedback.
Jul. 15, 2023 at 8:18 a.m.
Edited Jul. 15, 2023 at 1:02 p.m.

The new CHI regime doesn't seem interested in undersized dmen, and there are probably very few players they would bring back after having traded them away. In my opinion, the only player they should be interested in bringing back that was traded away in recent years is Brandon Hagel.
Jul. 15, 2023 at 8:38 a.m.

Boqvist is an undersized, offensive D man who struggles defensively in his own end. That's the type of D man the Hawks are moving away from. Add to that his injury history since turning pro. Doubt the Hawks have any interest in bringing him back at any price.
VladislavTretiak and PaulKorea liked this.
Jul. 15, 2023 at 9:15 a.m.
Quoting: Affectionate_Side_64
I actually don't hate it for the Leafs. You get 2 years of Roslovic at 2 mil, a guy who could potentially slot in as your 2C and push Tavares to the wing. You get a potential partner for Rielly in Peeke, then a blue chip defensive prospect in Mateychuk along with a 1st and a 3rd. I took a stab at building a roster where we use those assets to upgrade elsewhere and would love your feedback.

Roslovic just isn’t anything special - he’s not a 2C and likely won’t be one. He’s a third line offensive player and you can find those players in free agency without giving up your best trade chip. They’re better off taking a shot on a guy like Sillinger or Johnson who are younger with more offensive upside for the top 6. If they want Roslovic that bad it’s better to wait till free agency
Jul. 15, 2023 at 9:28 a.m.
Quoting: GreatWhiteNorth
Roslovic just isn’t anything special - he’s not a 2C and likely won’t be one. He’s a third line offensive player and you can find those players in free agency without giving up your best trade chip. They’re better off taking a shot on a guy like Sillinger or Johnson who are younger with more offensive upside for the top 6. If they want Roslovic that bad it’s better to wait till free agency

Nah dude this is a clear win for the Leafs. We get a middle 6 center at 2 mil and a defensive defenseman to play in our top 4 alongside Rielly. We'd save 3 mil against the cap this year and upwards of 6 mil when Nylander resigns, 6 mil we could use to resign Bertuzzi.

Add to that a blue chip defensive prospect, a 1st and a 3rd and it's an absolute no-brainer.
Jul. 15, 2023 at 9:28 a.m.
Hockey 1st Sens 2nd

If you really believe Pinto will command an $8-9M salary in 2 to 3 years then OTT will absolutely get much better offers if they hang onto him until then.
Most undersized goal scorers coming out of the Q have a massive drop-off when they move to the pros, so Dumais doesn't entice me.
If you really wanted Pinto you should probably use an Offer-Sheet. Ottawa would be in a tough spot trying to match it right now.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll