SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Tampa Bay Lightning signed Tanner Jeannot (2 Years / $2,665,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 15, 2023 at 8:13 p.m.
When you just traded this:

- Round 1 selection (014 overall)
- Round 1 selection (016 overall) *estimate*
- Round 2 selection (048 overall) *estimate*
- Round 3 selection (083 overall)
- Round 4 selection (115 overall)
- Round 5 selection (147 overall)

for a guy you could re-sign for 2.6 million

and everyone still thinks you overpaid

You know you dun messed up.
Trickster and RawDeal liked this.
Jul. 15, 2023 at 8:14 p.m.
Miss YA Killer
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
He was on pace for 16 points with the Bolts last season and was a healthy scratch in the playoffs. If he doesn't bounce back, they will be paying him $2 million to sit in the pressbox. How many of the players you mentioned were healthy scratches in the playoffs the year before they signed these contracts?

So did Coleman and Goodrow been they joined prior to the COVID stoppage. It's actually fairly common for a guy to struggle when first joining a team. Besides that he was injured severe high ankle sprain is extremely painful.
Jul. 15, 2023 at 8:57 p.m.
Quoting: drewjenkins
When you just traded this:

- Round 1 selection (014 overall)
- Round 1 selection (016 overall) *estimate*
- Round 2 selection (048 overall) *estimate*
- Round 3 selection (083 overall)
- Round 4 selection (115 overall)
- Round 5 selection (147 overall)

for a guy you could re-sign for 2.6 million

and everyone still thinks you overpaid

You know you dun messed up.

I don't think it's right to say that the package included a 14th overall pick. The fact that Foote was the 14th overall pick in 2017 doesn't mean he's equivalent to that now. Nashville let him go without a qualifying offer, so apparently he was the least valuable part of the package, not the most valuable as your list would have us believe.

However, even if you strike him from the list, I still see your point.
Jul. 15, 2023 at 9:54 p.m.
Quoting: Boltsradynasty
So did Coleman and Goodrow been they joined prior to the COVID stoppage. It's actually fairly common for a guy to struggle when first joining a team. Besides that he was injured severe high ankle sprain is extremely painful.

Two points:

1.) Neither player got a raise based on their performance after a partial season Tampa Bay. In fact, both only played one more season there before Tampa let them walk and their new contracts were seen as mistakes right from the start, so that doesn't bode well for Jeannot.

2.) Jeannot played more games in the regular season than both of those players combined. He should have had more progress by the playoffs.
RawDeal liked this.
Jul. 15, 2023 at 10:21 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT13kk8HDDo

Initial reaction to this deal

And what makes it worse is if Colton signs for like 2.9mill
Jul. 15, 2023 at 10:50 p.m.
Oh man. I really don't like this one. JBB doubling down on a bad bet.
Can Colton get 5mil? That'd be great.
Jul. 15, 2023 at 10:53 p.m.
Wow… if something happens to Vasy, Tampa will be stuck with a bunch of bad contracts and a non-playoff team. Yikes. They were in better hands with Yzerman around.
Trickster and CSStrowbridge liked this.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 7:04 a.m.
2 facts
1. We don't know what Jeannot is going to do here next year.

And every piece of evidence we have is not good.

https://mastodon.social/@JFreshHockey@sportsbots.xyz/110720972160893654

If you're believe teams give pay raises and the such on a 10 -20 game segment you're either playing the troll or are the dumbest person on here.

Do you want to try that again? Maybe try actually reading my post and cutting out the insults.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 7:54 a.m.
Miss YA Killer
>Quoting: Rangsey
Oh man. I really don't like this one. JBB doubling down on a bad bet.
Can Colton get 5mil? That'd be great.[/quote]

I hope so. Think Jeannot is better than last year. Is he the guy scoring at a 19.4%. no but neither do I think he's the guy at 5% either. Throw away what he did playing here he was injured in his third game and wasn't right. High ankle sprains are among the most painful injuries you can suffer.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 8:04 a.m.
Miss YA Killer
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
And every piece of evidence we have is not good.

https://mastodon.social/JFreshHockeysportsbots.xyz/110720972160893654

Do you want to try that again? Maybe try actually reading my post and cutting out the insults.

I read it it made little sense both were older and UFAs not RFA. Both signed for substantially more money.' So the comparison is like apples to pork chops utterly and completely irrelevant.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 12:01 p.m.
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Brandon Hagel also struggled when he initially went to Tampa then lit fire after acclimating; I wouldn't bet Tanner out yet. There is an open winger spot next to Cirelli-Hagel and it is pretty much up for grabs between Jeannot and Sheary

Hagel will be with Kucherov and Point most 5v5 Stamkos and Cirelli I'd love to see Nick Paul there his by far most production last year was prior to Cirelli returning when he was with Stamkos and Killorn mostly
Jul. 16, 2023 at 12:01 p.m.
So the comparison is like apples to pork chops utterly and completely irrelevant.

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO CAME UP WITH THE COMPARISON!

I'm not the one who brought up Coleman and Goodrow.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 12:33 p.m.
couldnt afford 2nd t
The picks aren't worth as much as people think. They are either years away, or picks near the end of the round. The entire package probably wouldn't have even gotten Nashville into the 1st round of the 2023 draft in a trade up.

There is a very small possibility that Tampa could start their decline at the right time, and Nashville could end up with a high pick in 2026. With that said, I am sure Nashville would have rather received a 2023 1st than gambled on the possibility that they might get a slightly better prospect who won't play for them for 5-6 seasons instead of one who might play in 2-3.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 12:38 p.m.
couldnt afford 2nd t
Quoting: Rolfadinho
Wow… if something happens to Vasy, Tampa will be stuck with a bunch of bad contracts and a non-playoff team. Yikes. They were in better hands with Yzerman around.

They already know that their window is closing, that is the exact reason why they make a trade like this one or the Hagel trade, or sign a luxury top 9 forward like Nick Paul to a 7 year contract to keep the AAV down when teams would usually be worried about the second half of that kind of deal.

Improving their chances at a cup over the next 1-2 years is worth way more to Tampa than having more prospects in the system 3-7 years from now. A big chunk of their core is going to exit their prime or continue their decline over the next few years. Even a player like Point, who in my mind I still see as a young spry up and comer is 27.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 12:57 p.m.
Quoting: Boltsbeathabs
Hagel will be with Kucherov and Point most 5v5 Stamkos and Cirelli I'd love to see Nick Paul there his by far most production last year was prior to Cirelli returning when he was with Stamkos and Killorn mostly

Then who is 3C?
Jul. 16, 2023 at 3:08 p.m.
Crazy what a year of high shooting percentage does for you.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 3:45 p.m.
Banned
The Empire is crumbling
Jul. 17, 2023 at 11:09 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Not that much bigger than Kampf but way more physical and he fights which the Lightning lost with Maroon/Perry gone.

I get fighting drives up your value, I didn't realized getting the sh*t kicked out of you does as well
HockeyScotty liked this.
Jul. 17, 2023 at 11:10 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs

Yeah, but did either of those 2 get scratched during the most important game of their season for guys like Maroon and Corey Perry?
Jul. 17, 2023 at 11:11 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
So they traded Colton to try and double down on the Jeannot trade? Ok.

This does make me feel better about the Reaves signing though
Jul. 17, 2023 at 2:08 p.m.
Quoting: Leafsfan98
I get fighting drives up your value, I didn't realized getting the sh*t kicked out of you does as well

Not sure which specific fight you are referring to but Jeannot has more than held his own in fights, even against the league heavyweights (Deslauriers, Reaves, etc).

If it was the Luke Schenn fight (vs Leafs), that was a even scrum.
Jul. 17, 2023 at 5:44 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Not sure which specific fight you are referring to but Jeannot has more than held his own in fights, even against the league heavyweights (Deslauriers, Reaves, etc).

If it was the Luke Schenn fight (vs Leafs), that was a even scrum.

He had the upper hand at first, but Schenn got his left free and left his with bloody knuckles and a bloody face tbh but he's lost on numerous occasions already
Jul. 18, 2023 at 8:11 a.m.
Miss YA Killer
Yeah, but did either of those 2 get scratched during the most important game of their season for guys like Maroon and Corey Perry?

Neither had a severe high ankle sprain either . Have you ever had one? I have and it is by far one the most painful injury I've had. I'm guessing skating and playing at the NHL level dealing with that amount of pain probably made the staff say sit. NFL players miss 4-6 weeks with high ankle sprains. Are they complete pussies? You however expect a guy to just play like nothing is wrong the fact he wasn't scratched all 6 is a testament to his toughness.
Jul. 18, 2023 at 8:20 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Neither had a severe high ankle sprain either . Have you ever had one? I have and it is by far one the most painful injury I've had. I'm guessing skating and playing at the NHL level dealing with that amount of pain probably made the staff say sit. NFL players miss 4-6 weeks with high ankle sprains. Are they complete pussies? You however expect a guy to just play like nothing is wrong the fact he wasn't scratched all 6 is a testament to his toughness.

Again, he wasn't very good in any of his playoff series though... +tons of NHL players play through severe injuries... Just look at Hedman or Ekblad

Because Jeannot wasn't very good when he was healthy and then he got injured... the staff told him to sit this out bc if it was a Hedman who had the same injury, I would guarantee he wouldn't be a sratch in Tampa's most important game of the season
Jul. 18, 2023 at 8:26 a.m.
Miss YA Killer
Again, he wasn't very good in any of his playoff series though... +tons of NHL players play through severe injuries... Just look at Hedman or Ekblad

Because Jeannot wasn't very good when he was healthy and then he got injured... the staff told him to sit this out bc if it was a Hedman who had the same injury, I would guarantee he wouldn't be a sratch in Tampa's most important game of the season

Hey pull your head out of your rectum he got injured his 4th game with TB and reaggravated it. Julien Brisebois in his exit interview on Lightning TV " Tanner was healthy for 4 games and we really liked what we saw.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit