SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(COL/PHI) - Johansen, 2025 1st (COL) for Walker, 2026 5th (PHI)

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 6 at 3:02 p.m.
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Briere is honestly a god. A first for a pending UFA they got for free in the Provorov deal. Pure wizardry

I do really like the fit for Colorado, but Philly wins

That's not a 1st for a pending UFA. Taking on Johansen's deal was worth around a 2nd. 2 2nds is about equal to a late 1st, so they got about a 2nd for Walker.
Mar. 6 at 3:03 p.m.
Emhar
So Scott Laughton is next on the choppin block
Mar. 6 at 3:20 p.m.
This is a pretty close deal, but I think the Flyers have the edge.
Mar. 6 at 3:41 p.m.
Im not sure what Colorado expected out of RJ, his 13 goals isnt terrible. Hes still overpaid but giving up a 1st for it seems pricey. If they can sign Mittlestadt, then this is a big upgrade, albeit Byram will be missed.

Phillys roster isnt good enough to compete for a cup, so getting even late 1sts for expiring deals is a good move.
Mar. 6 at 3:59 p.m.
GM of the Year
Any team that gets Sean Walker is in no way a loser. That being said, as a Flyers fan I am stoked with the return and I am excited to see if Johansen can salvage his NHL career in Philadelphia.
Mar. 6 at 4:13 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Johansen (buyout), Hayes, Hart, Ellis, DeAngelo Petersen: That's $17M of dead cap next season.

Brière making the though decisions to rebuild.
poeticentropy and Andy_Dick liked this.
Mar. 6 at 4:40 p.m.
Amazing to think of the return philly got for provorov now.
Mar. 6 at 4:43 p.m.
Quoting: jpsnow13
Johansen (buyout), Hayes, Hart, Ellis, DeAngelo Petersen: That's $17M of dead cap next season.

Brière making the though decisions to rebuild.

Not really, Ellis is LTIR so counts zero against cap, johansen and petersen will go to ahl and cap hit will be less, hart is expiring RFA and currently PUP so his cap hit isn’t counted.

Philly got from provorov deal about 7mil against cap for two 1sts (bonk who had great year in OHL) and two 2nds. That’s a great return for a club not close to the cap and rebuilding
Mar. 6 at 5:07 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Edited Mar. 7 at 7:40 a.m.
Quoting: Hammerwise
Not really, Ellis is LTIR so counts zero against cap, johansen and petersen will go to ahl and cap hit will be less, hart is expiring RFA and currently PUP so his cap hit isn’t counted.

Philly got from provorov deal about 7mil against cap for two 1sts (bonk who had great year in OHL) and two 2nds. That’s a great return for a club not close to the cap and rebuilding

I should have said "dead salary" instead of "dead cap".BTW Ellis isn't in LTIR.

I didn't say it wasn't worth it, just that there's a cost to the rebuild. Not every GM would have the balls (and the owners permission) to do that.
Mar. 6 at 5:13 p.m.
Respect Mike Grier
I like this deal for both teams. Very happy Philly finally sold.
Mar. 6 at 5:17 p.m.
TrevorA
Considering COL dumping Johansson’s contract should cost a 1st in itself, this is a Great Deal for COL. They fill a need and gain a 5th for nothing additional
Mar. 6 at 5:35 p.m.
Smart move by Philadelphia taking on a cap dump so they could get a 1st for a rental who otherwise wouldn’t be worth that much. And since they’re in a playoff position, it helps that Johansen might actually be useful to them.

In isolation I might have said just ok for Colorado, thinking that they might have been able to put the 1st-round pick to better use, but now that I see this made Byram surplus so they could trade him for a guy who has a much better chance of being the #2 center they’d hoped Johansen would be, I like it for them too. Win-win.
Mar. 6 at 7:23 p.m.
SkateOrDie
I'm not sure what has more value here. Dumping RyJo or getting Walker. Combined that equals a 1st apparently.

Quoting: dopplsan
Cant wait for the Torts/ RyJo reunion.

Good move PHI. Johansen has a pittance of a buy-out if they want to go that route.

This right here is the most interesting part of this trade.
dopplsan liked this.
Mar. 7 at 9:41 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Fair deal IMO
Mar. 7 at 12:21 p.m.
Ugggh so jealous. This is exactly the type of trade i wanted the Habs to make with Col. Both teams win here. Both got what they wanted and I think the price was fair. Basically Walker for a 2nd and dump Ryjo for a 2nd (Combine the two 2nds to make a 1st) which is pretty much what CF as a whole was saying.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit