SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

2017-18 GM Game - Messages to the BOE Thread

Dec. 22, 2017 at 6:21 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
could you explain a little more about the best and worst thing? If it was asked, for example, how boring is the game? Then would you put in 5 if you really enjoyed the game, or 1 as in not boring at all.
Dec. 22, 2017 at 6:25 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
could you explain a little more about the best and worst thing? If it was asked, for example, how boring is the game? Then would you put in 5 if you really enjoyed the game, or 1 as in not boring at all.

If the question is: How boring is this game

5: most boring
4: very boring
3: slightly boing
2: not boring
1: least boring
Dec. 22, 2017 at 6:29 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: phillyjabroni
If the question is: How boring is this game

5: most boring
4: very boring
3: slightly boing
2: not boring
1: least boring

thanks
Dec. 26, 2017 at 11:36 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Edited Dec. 27, 2017 at 12:23 a.m.
BOE/BOG, I have heard and understood the reasons for why I should step down. I hope that I will get another AGM job soon, and then make my way back up to GM once again.

Thanks for a great time.
Missouri

P.S. If you would like I could help you find a GM to take my place.
krakowitz and PrincessChloe liked this.
Dec. 27, 2017 at 12:40 a.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Couple quick questions: When would you like me to be gone by and what are you gonna do with the 3 trades that I had set up for January?
Dec. 28, 2017 at 1:50 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Is it okay if you leave the Ottawa discussion thread open as i will probably quickly get another assistant.
Dec. 29, 2017 at 9:11 a.m.
get ur corsi up
I would like to argue that Sekera would willingly move his NMC. With the players of Klefbom, Larsson, Nurse, Benning, Pulock, Russell there is absolutely NO SPACE for Sekera to get the minutes he deserves. Being a player who wants ice time he will waive his NMC to travel to a team with weaker defense. As well as this, as GM I would personally ask him to waive his NMC for cap reasons, being a reasonable person who wants ice time Sekera will waive and accept a trade.
Missouri liked this.
Dec. 30, 2017 at 5:52 p.m.
GM - Canucks
I made a trade with Missouri for January 1st. This trade was accepted and agreed to by both parties. Then Missouri resigned. I think asked Nick the temporary GM of New Jersey if they trade was still okay to proceed for January 1st. He also agreed. Now, he is claiming that the trade is denied. I am just curious if their is any punishment of breaking an agreement of sorts. Since it is illegal to break and agreement in the real world. Trade was: NJD receive Paul Postma and Boston receives Us for Zaitsev and 6th round pick.
Dec. 30, 2017 at 6:03 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: TMLSage
I made a trade with Missouri for January 1st. This trade was accepted and agreed to by both parties. Then Missouri resigned. I think asked Nick the temporary GM of New Jersey if they trade was still okay to proceed for January 1st. He also agreed. Now, he is claiming that the trade is denied. I am just curious if their is any punishment of breaking an agreement of sorts. Since it is illegal to break and agreement in the real world. Trade was: NJD receive Paul Postma and Boston receives Us for Zaitsev and 6th round pick.

This is the issue with making agreements for trades in future months, you do it at your own risk. These agreements hold no power in game. If someone backs out, their only punishment is bad feelings between GMs.

The BOG does not support or advise agreeing to trades in future months and we will not help solve issues that are created by doing so.
ricochetii liked this.
Dec. 30, 2017 at 6:35 p.m.
Quoting: TMLSage

Over Twitter, you briefly brought up whether or not your trade was going to go through. This occurred on December 22, of which I was operating under the radar since we had decided that we were going to fire Missouri, we just had not solidified a date; the approximate date of me to take over was going to be in the new year, so theoretically, that trade would have gone through.

However, I took over prior to January, and therefore I am under no obligation to honor such deals.

To remind everyone, the BOG/BOE have no jurisdiction over Twitter deals. You negotiate at your own risk and affirm that there is no guarantee that any sort of deal will be processed.
Dec. 30, 2017 at 6:45 p.m.
Quoting: DarylthePony
I would like to argue that Sekera would willingly move his NMC. With the players of Klefbom, Larsson, Nurse, Benning, Pulock, Russell there is absolutely NO SPACE for Sekera to get the minutes he deserves. Being a player who wants ice time he will waive his NMC to travel to a team with weaker defense. As well as this, as GM I would personally ask him to waive his NMC for cap reasons, being a reasonable person who wants ice time Sekera will waive and accept a trade.

Our official stance is no, the NMC of Andrej Sekera will not be waived. Two of those players, Oscar Klefbom and Darnel Nurse were already on the team within the system. Edmonton willing acquired Ryan Pulock, resulting in any impact of his presence is non exinsistant.

This is on the grounds of theoretical concerns, "he would want more ice time," not evidence based concerns. Should there be any sort of evidence presented that Andrej Sekera would waive his NMC, it would be re-considered by the myself and the BOG to waive the NMC.

Until then, the NMC remains.
Dec. 31, 2017 at 6:46 p.m.
May contain nuts
Edited Dec. 31, 2017 at 6:51 p.m.
(wrong thread)
Jan. 1, 2018 at 2:04 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
"In a phone interview with TSN, Nielsen reveals why he chose the Red Wings. At the 1:03 mark Nielsen states that participating in the playoffs was why he chose the Wings."

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/nielsen-when-detroit-calls-it-s-something-special~903131

Is this grounds for allowing Nielsen's NMC to be waived? Neither the real life Wings nor the GM Game team have any playoff hopes...
Turner33 liked this.
Jan. 2, 2018 at 7:46 a.m.
May contain nuts
Quoting: AK_tune
"In a phone interview with TSN, Nielsen reveals why he chose the Red Wings. At the 1:03 mark Nielsen states that participating in the playoffs was why he chose the Wings."

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/nielsen-when-detroit-calls-it-s-something-special~903131

Is this grounds for allowing Nielsen's NMC to be waived? Neither the real life Wings nor the GM Game team have any playoff hopes...

Despite not waiving it irl, the real Wings aren't exactly rebuilding like you are. This constitutes real life evidence for me.

Nielsen approved 1-0
A_K liked this.
Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:55 a.m.

At first glance, I am going to have to say no. Every single player wants to make the playoffs, and every single player knows that only 16 teams can go. If we crunch the numbers, a rough total of 400 forwards are in the NHL. nearly 200 of them make or miss the playoffs. Those who miss aren't banging down the door to their general manager demanding to be traded to a team that has a higher chance to make the playoffs.

If your suspicion of Nielsen wanting to be traded from DET because they won't make the playoffs, where is that evidence? As you mentioned, both teams are of nope hope to make the playoffs, so if your sole reasoning is that Frans Nielsen would waive his NMC to go to a contender, why hasn't he done that yet?

My answer is no, on the grounds that your citation of evidence has a direct link to evidence that would be acceptable for the waiving of the NMC. In other words, you are citing something that could happen, but under your own admission, should happen. Once that happens, we would be more inclined to waive the NMC.

(1,0); (0-1)
A_K liked this.
Jan. 2, 2018 at 1:03 p.m.

Does this mean we can start giving contract extensions?
Missouri liked this.
Jan. 2, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: boltscharge17

Does this mean we can start giving contract extensions?

Not yet. We will have a system in place for contract extensions, and we should be starting with this very soon.
Jan. 2, 2018 at 2:02 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

I’d say yes. It’s rare that we’re going to see 100% evidence that a NMC would be waived, and this is a good start.
A_K liked this.
Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:10 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Am i allowed to report a trade that i believe should be undone?
Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:11 p.m.
Am i allowed to report a trade that i believe should be undone?

Go for it
Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:15 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: jmac490
Go for it

Doughty and Lintuniemi for Vesey, Manson, Slepyshev, and a 2nd. Doughty is a top 3 d-man in the league if not number 1, and should be up for the Norris this year. He's a top 5 NHLer IMO and as much as that's a good return, well ... i'm not trying to be mean or anything but something here seems strange.
Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:16 p.m.
Doughty and Lintuniemi for Vesey, Manson, Slepyshev, and a 2nd. Doughty is a top 3 d-man in the league if not number 1, and should be up for the Norris this year. He's a top 5 NHLer IMO and as much as that's a good return, well ... i'm not trying to be mean or anything but something here seems strange.

Deal was originally made with Max, I just confirmed
Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:20 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Deal was originally made with Max, I just confirmed

Not sure what you're saying.
Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:25 p.m.
Not sure what you're saying.

Max and JEPlaza had the deal in place before I became the GM of the New York Rangers
Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:43 p.m.
Max and JEPlaza had the deal in place before I became the GM of the New York Rangers

Let me break it down for you big guy.

Doughty: 2nd best Defender imo but has an expiring contract
Lintuniemi: just added so contracts worked
FOR
Vesey: young winger(something he needs) who although isn't playing his best this year still has plenty of upside.
Slepyshev:see Vesey.
Manson: young top-4 defender who is capable of playing top pairing minutes.
2nd: its a pick, pretty straightforward

Also all the players that LA received are RFA's at the end of this season, where Doughty is a UFA when his contract expires.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll