SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

2017-18 GM Game - Messages to the BOE Thread

Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:01 p.m.
Can you open the Buffalo GM/AGM discussion board? I've added an AGM. Thanks.
Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:06 a.m.
Lets Go Blues
@phillyjabroni @Icegirl @TonyStrecher @matt59 @krakowitz

Say a player's NMC is waived (from the list y'all provided) and that player is acquired by another team... can that team demote him to AHL or buyout his contract?
Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:09 a.m.
Quoting: AK_tune
@phillyjabroni @Icegirl @TonyStrecher @matt59 @krakowitz

Say a player's NMC is waived (from the list y'all provided) and that player is acquired by another team... can that team demote him to AHL or buyout his contract?

No, the only part of the NMC that is waived is the "full no-trade clause".
A_K liked this.
Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:24 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Just wondering if the BOE has compiled a list of players for each team who you will allow to be moved regardless of their NMC status.
If no such list has been made yet, could you review those players who have NMC on Anaheim and let me know who you might make exempt for me to consider moving.

Thank you
Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:19 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: flamesfan419
Just wondering if the BOE has compiled a list of players for each team who you will allow to be moved regardless of their NMC status.
If no such list has been made yet, could you review those players who have NMC on Anaheim and let me know who you might make exempt for me to consider moving.

Thank you

It's in the news and important info thread. I think Bieksa is the guy you can move.
Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:55 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Hello BOE.
I don't know if this is redundant or not, but would it be possible to create a sticky thread that list the names of all 31 current GM Game GM's?
Fully understand most people know who's who, but as the new guy still something like this would be a quick and easy reference for myself and all future new GM's to put a name to a team.
Does that make sense how I've worded the question.
Daryl and rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:05 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I'm not one of the GMs who has to edit a trade, but what if a team doesn't want to do the edit, can they just say no to the deal in the first place?
Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:23 p.m.
SEA GM v5
Are some trades from September and October also going to be changed or just those ones from November/December?
Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:26 p.m.
Quoting: TabooPenguo
Are some trades from September and October also going to be changed or just those ones from November/December?

Too far back I'm guessing. To edit Sept. And Oct. trades
Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:29 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I'm not one of the GMs who has to edit a trade, but what if a team doesn't want to do the edit, can they just say no to the deal in the first place?

We believe that all the trade edits we propose make the deals 4-2, which means that the team that got the better of the deal still gets the better of the deal, just to less of an extreme.

If a team is seriously against one of the edits they may bring up the issue with the BOG. We will consider possible options including reversing the trade, but that is unlikely.
Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:30 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: TabooPenguo

As Bolts said it is too far back for us to edit many of the September and October deals. We will discuss the possibility for a few of the most unfair deals, but since many of the pieces involved have been traded multiple times since it will be much harder to do.
Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:31 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: TonyStrecher
We believe that all the trade edits we propose make the deals 4-2, which means that the team that got the better of the deal still gets the better of the deal, just to less of an extreme.

If a team is seriously against one of the edits they may bring up the issue with the BOG. We will consider possible options including reversing the trade, but that is unlikely.

I'm just saying that what if someone only wanted to do the deal if they didn't have to give up a certain pick/player and it was added later.
Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:37 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I'm just saying that what if someone only wanted to do the deal if they didn't have to give up a certain pick/player and it was added later.

As I said if they have a serious issue with the edits they may bring it up with the BOG. Otherwise they will just have to live with slightly winning a trade instead of hugely winning a trade
Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:15 p.m.
if you are reviewing deals... I'd want something back in the Pavelski deal... I think it was a 1-5 deal
Jan. 19, 2018 at 12:17 a.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: jmac490
if you are reviewing deals... I'd want something back in the Pavelski deal... I think it was a 1-5 deal

We will take that under consideration, however we may not be able to edit any September and October deals because they are so far back that many of the pieces involved have been traded multiple times since and only looking at the ones that we can still edit wouldn't be very fair to the other GMs who got robbed.
Jan. 19, 2018 at 12:55 a.m.
Go Habs Go
I disagreed with the original assessment of the Montreal Florida trade. I don't think there was enough of an imbalance to warrant either the poor rating or a correction.
Instead of arguing the rating, I just took more care in dealing with Florida to try and prevent any further such discrepancies between us. I refused a Subban offer with retention, despite it being a major win for me. Eventually, I accidentally gave him the 2nd round pick you want me to add already, in a 3-way with Nashville, when I did finally relent to a Subban offer. I misread the trade and sucked up my error.

As for the original trade, Lehkonen and Mete are two high value prospects, Shaw gets a bum rap due to a slight overpayment in cap/term, but he's just as good, if not better than the player that was worth two 2nd rounders, because he's cut down significantly on the extra curricular activity. Plekanec with retention is worth a 2nd round pick and middling prospect on his own (Ang).

Shaw provides roughly the same contributions as Baertschi, but he's more expensive, better in other areas, and he's consistent. Baertschi is an inconsistent offensive player that has not met expectations. He's almost a project at this point. I took a risk. It isn't paying off as I had hoped.
Plekanec retained is worth roughly Ang and Bastian (a 2nd and a 4th). I was willing to forego the picks and selected similar value prospects instead.
Mete and Lehkonen are my best offensive and defensive prospects. I wouldn't have traded them if it wasn't for a player like Leddy or better. I wasn't going to trade Lehkonen at all, so it would take an overpayment for me to even consider moving him anyway, but I'd actually be happier with Lehkonen and Mete than I am with Leddy.

I don't see enough difference in there to warrant an adjustment at all, let alone a 2nd round pick.
I'd prefer to go back in time and reverse everything since that trade, but simply reversing this trade is going to have a ripple effect and severely screw with my plans, I don't know how it would affect Florida's.
I would HAPPILY return Leddy and Baertschi, and take back Mete, Lehkonen, and Shaw, but I don't have room for Plekanec any more. That's an adjustment I could work around, because Mete is still waiver exempt.
Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:29 a.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: ricochetii
I disagreed with the original assessment of the Montreal Florida trade. I don't think there was enough of an imbalance to warrant either the poor rating or a correction.
Instead of arguing the rating, I just took more care in dealing with Florida to try and prevent any further such discrepancies between us. I refused a Subban offer with retention, despite it being a major win for me. Eventually, I accidentally gave him the 2nd round pick you want me to add already, in a 3-way with Nashville, when I did finally relent to a Subban offer. I misread the trade and sucked up my error.

As for the original trade, Lehkonen and Mete are two high value prospects, Shaw gets a bum rap due to a slight overpayment in cap/term, but he's just as good, if not better than the player that was worth two 2nd rounders, because he's cut down significantly on the extra curricular activity. Plekanec with retention is worth a 2nd round pick and middling prospect on his own (Ang).

Shaw provides roughly the same contributions as Baertschi, but he's more expensive, better in other areas, and he's consistent. Baertschi is an inconsistent offensive player that has not met expectations. He's almost a project at this point. I took a risk. It isn't paying off as I had hoped.
Plekanec retained is worth roughly Ang and Bastian (a 2nd and a 4th). I was willing to forego the picks and selected similar value prospects instead.
Mete and Lehkonen are my best offensive and defensive prospects. I wouldn't have traded them if it wasn't for a player like Leddy or better. I wasn't going to trade Lehkonen at all, so it would take an overpayment for me to even consider moving him anyway, but I'd actually be happier with Lehkonen and Mete than I am with Leddy.

I don't see enough difference in there to warrant an adjustment at all, let alone a 2nd round pick.
I'd prefer to go back in time and reverse everything since that trade, but simply reversing this trade is going to have a ripple effect and severely screw with my plans, I don't know how it would affect Florida's.
I would HAPPILY return Leddy and Baertschi, and take back Mete, Lehkonen, and Shaw, but I don't have room for Plekanec any more. That's an adjustment I could work around, because Mete is still waiver exempt.

The BOG is taking your post under serious consideration, especially since we realize that the trade edit will have to be changed anyways since your 2018 2nd has already been traded.

You should keep in mind that Leddy is a legitimate #1 d-man and they do not come cheaply.

The Subban trade has nothing to do with this one, especially since you probably underpaid for Subban anyways, so let's ignore that part of your argument.

In general I agree with your assessment that Shaw and Plekanec are worth roughly Baertschi, Ang and Bastian, though I think that Baertschi is worth more than your saying, but I may be biased.

The area where I don't agree with you is your valuation of Mete and Lehkonen. I will not deny that they are both good young players, but I don't think either of them are elite prospects. Lehkonen is a good two-way forward with decent offensive potential, but he only has 34 points in 102 NHL games. Mete is also a good prospect, but I don't think he will ever be as good as Leddy even if he reaches his max potential. That being said, your argument is being considered.

On a side note, if you don't want to keep Baertschi and you're interested in recouping some value for him, I'd be interested in re-acquiring him.
Jan. 19, 2018 at 3:02 a.m.
Go Habs Go
The BOG is taking your post under serious consideration, especially since we realize that the trade edit will have to be changed anyways since your 2018 2nd has already been traded.

You should keep in mind that Leddy is a legitimate #1 d-man and they do not come cheaply.

The Subban trade has nothing to do with this one, especially since you probably underpaid for Subban anyways, so let's ignore that part of your argument.

In general I agree with your assessment that Shaw and Plekanec are worth roughly Baertschi, Ang and Bastian, though I think that Baertschi is worth more than your saying, but I may be biased.

The area where I don't agree with you is your valuation of Mete and Lehkonen. I will not deny that they are both good young players, but I don't think either of them are elite prospects. Lehkonen is a good two-way forward with decent offensive potential, but he only has 34 points in 102 NHL games. Mete is also a good prospect, but I don't think he will ever be as good as Leddy even if he reaches his max potential. That being said, your argument is being considered.

On a side note, if you don't want to keep Baertschi and you're interested in recouping some value for him, I'd be interested in re-acquiring him.

I do value Mete and Lehkonen high. That's my prerogative. I didn't want to trade them at all, but I felt Leddy was worth the sacrifice for my win now philosophy.
If it was an overpayment on his behalf, it was because it was necessary. I wouldn't have done it otherwise.

I'm fine with the Subban trade, I'd also be fine if it was completely reversed. It's not a trade I wanted to make. It's one I was talked into. I was merely pointing out that if I were trying to make 5 to 1 type trades, I could have done so.

I won't discuss any trades other than the one offer I already have out until this situation is resolved.
Jan. 19, 2018 at 9:52 a.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
VAN GM has traded his 1st round 2019 pick twice. The first to me and the second was the most recent trade to Vegas. That trade has to be vetoed now
Jan. 19, 2018 at 9:58 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
VAN GM has traded his 1st round 2019 pick twice. The first to me and the second was the most recent trade to Vegas. That trade has to be vetoed now

Probably an honest mistake. Post is 132 in the trade thread I think. Probably best to tag him and let him know in his team thread. @TonyStrecher
Jan. 19, 2018 at 11:05 a.m.
Lets Go Blues
Edited Jan. 19, 2018 at 11:11 a.m.
I don't have a problem with the decision to try to correct 5-1 trades to make them closer to 4-2, but I think the board should consider the context of some of the Sept and Oct trades before demanding that Nov and Dec trades are adjusted. Using my Red Wings as an example: before I took over, I lost two top prospects (Svechnikov and Bertuzzi) for Bjugstad + 3 players that I've been able to pawn off for roughly the value of 2 4th round picks.

My goal when I took over was to trade Bjugstad for enough value to counteract that poor trade (it was scored 1-5). There is no point in taking over a bad team if you're not allowed to improve it. So I accepted the offer of Bjugstad + Merrill for Merkley + Terry (rights) + Aberg + 2nd. Then, I gave back Aberg because the trade was unbalanced. Now I have to give back Terry? He's about 1/3 of the value of the pieces I got and the trade was scored a 4.2 - 1.8.

Basically, before I start handing assets back in trades the Red Wings won, I want to see if I'll get assets back for trades the Red Wings lost. I understand that the BoE/BoG is looking into Sep/Oct trades... is this true and is there any way to delay some of the proposed adjustments until some earlier trades are settled?
Jan. 19, 2018 at 12:18 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: ricochetii
I do value Mete and Lehkonen high. That's my prerogative. I didn't want to trade them at all, but I felt Leddy was worth the sacrifice for my win now philosophy.
If it was an overpayment on his behalf, it was because it was necessary. I wouldn't have done it otherwise.

I'm fine with the Subban trade, I'd also be fine if it was completely reversed. It's not a trade I wanted to make. It's one I was talked into. I was merely pointing out that if I were trying to make 5 to 1 type trades, I could have done so.

I won't discuss any trades other than the one offer I already have out until this situation is resolved.

I would like to say the deal was and still is in my opinion fair. I made the trade for the same reason ricochetii made the price steeper, because I value both players very highly. I don't beleive the trade should be changed and that it is fair for both teams.

Also about the Weber-Subban trade I would've backed off if you didn't want to do it, ricochetii. If possible I could re-work the deal so that I'm just trading for Subban and you keep Weber. I was in negotiations with Nashville for a trade for Subban, when I remembered that you like him. I am a big fan of Weber and I decided to see if I could pay about the same for him. I didn't mean to force a trade upon you.
Jan. 19, 2018 at 12:41 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: EthanK24
I would like to say the deal was and still is in my opinion fair. I made the trade for the same reason ricochetii made the price steeper, because I value both players very highly. I don't beleive the trade should be changed and that it is fair for both teams.

Also about the Weber-Subban trade I would've backed off if you didn't want to do it, ricochetii. If possible I could re-work the deal so that I'm just trading for Subban and you keep Weber. I was in negotiations with Nashville for a trade for Subban, when I remembered that you like him. I am a big fan of Weber and I decided to see if I could pay about the same for him. I didn't mean to force a trade upon you.

Thanks for the input. I'm glad you share my opinion on the first trade. If you wanted Leddy back because you felt it was unfair, I suggested it as an alternative, so I felt you should let the BOE know what you thought of the situation.

For the Subban trade, I'm satisfied. You didn't force me, you just made an offer I couldn't refuse. I simply don't want the BOE to feel like I'm trying to make "bad" trades. The initial offer with the retention that I rejected, I considered a bad trade for you. The final offer was at least within the realm of reason to essentially reverse an IRL trade that isn't even 2 years old.

As far as I'm concerned, we're both fine with our deals, and neither is so far apart in value to warrant intervention. It's up to the BOE from here.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:20 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Are there any rules in the game about notifications? The only ones i have turned on are if i get a like on a post.
Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:35 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
I have a question for the Board.

If a player signed a contract extension is the "real world" in Oct 2017, is he still considered to be an RFA here in our game? If he is, how do I in turn re-sign him to a new contract that I choose as he will no longer be listed as an RFA as I'm not entirely comfortable with him at his "real world" cap number.

Thank you

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll