Forums/Armchair-GM

if he asks for too much

Created by: PrimeDatsyuk
Team: 2019-20 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 7, 2019
Published: Jul. 7, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Would be a dream trade, i'm not sure whether or not the blues would do it but who knows. As much as I love Mitch and want him to stay, he has to demand less or else the leafs should look into trading him.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$4,000,000
Trades
STL
  1. Ceci, Cody
  2. Marner, Mitchell [RFA Rights]
  3. 2021 4th round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. Gusev, Nikita [RFA Rights]
VGK
  1. Bracco, Jeremy
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. 2020 5th round pick (TOR)
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (FLA)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$75,573,032$0$0$5,926,968
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$11,634,000$11,634,000
C
UFA - 5
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 5
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$863,333$863,333
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 4
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 7, 2019 at 8:56 p.m.
Quoting: BrandonDubinskyGOAT
Part Canadian? Well you were born and trained in the United States. It’s very different than growing up in Canada as a hockey player.

I don't care if I am a Hockey Player, and as far as you are consider looking at your life having a conversation on CapFriendly it looks like your "hockey Career" made it to a full stop.
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 8:56 p.m.
http://www.footballuser.com/1761618/Dream_Team Here is my all time soccer XI. What do you have to critique about?

I don't critique Soccer as much, but I will just take a look at it.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 8:57 p.m.
@BrandonDubinskyGOAT I actually like that team, just make sure you have Puyol on the bench, and Neymar just in case you want to go a man up. Neymar is your man when it comes to getting a man off on the other team.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 8:59 p.m.
http://www.footballuser.com/1761618/Dream_Team Here is my all time soccer XI. What do you have to critique about?

Oh and don't forget the Legend Ronaldinho. Look at FutHead that place is amazing when it comes to making Futbol XI.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 8:59 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
I don't critique Soccer as much, but I will just take a look at it.

@BrandonDubinskyGOAT I actually like that team, just make sure you have Puyol on the bench, and Neymar just in case you want to go a man up. Neymar is your man when it comes to getting a man off on the other team.

Yes, Puyol is one of the greatest centre backs and Neymar is a world class dribbler who can probably humiliate opponents and cause them trouble.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 9:00 p.m.
The only reason why you use analytics is because you are American, as we all know, Americans aren’t very good at ice hockey. Canadians are much better.

Americans almost outshined the Canadians in the first round of the draft this year, dont sleep on us Americans when it comes to playing puck
Shylo_Moxii liked this.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 9:00 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Oh and don't forget the Legend Ronaldinho. Look at FutHead that place is amazing when it comes to making Futbol XI.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 9:01 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: ngikas
Americans almost outshined the Canadians in the first round of the draft this year, dont sleep on us Americans when it comes to playing puck

I guarantee that Canada would still beat USA on a Best on best.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 9:04 p.m.
Edited Jul. 7, 2019 at 9:19 p.m.
The truth is, a skill based team is simply better than a team that relies on intimidation. It is much more difficult to win with skill than intimidation.

You are asserting an objective statement with phrase "the truth is..." but supporting that argument with a subjective statement that "skill is better." I agree with you that skill is different than intimidation (and keeping both in an NHL context), just as I would agree with you that Air Canada 737s are different than observation gliders. But for you to say what you are saying is like me saying the truth is 737s are "simply better than" gliders because it requires more skill to fly a 737 than it does a glider. Both planes have their uses, and neither are used to accomplish the same feat. Skilled players like Marner, Tavares, and Matthews are great at what they do. Heavy players who get into the dirty areas, cycle the puck and crash others like Maroon, Kopitar, O'Reilly, Jamie Benn, etc. are also great at what they do. If I wanted to run reconnaissance on an enemy, I'd prefer a glider that is good at not making sound over a loud 737. If I wanted to get from St. Louis to Toronto, however, I'd certainly prefer a 737 since noise doesn't matter and speed is in my best interest. The term "prefer" is key. You prefer skill, whereas the Blues weren't the most skilled team like you prefer. They still won by being good at their strength.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 9:05 p.m.
The only reason why you use analytics is because you are American, as we all know, Americans aren’t very good at ice hockey. Canadians are much better.

Tell that to Pat LaFontaine, Mike Modano, Chris Chelios and your own Auston Matthews among others. Geez.
https://thehockeywriters.com/10-greatest-american-players-ever/
Jul. 7, 2019 at 9:05 p.m.

You think I was joking, just like you said don't get cocky about the Blues, don't get Cocky about being Canadian. Caufield,Turcotte, York, Hughes, and many many others>A lot Canadians this year. Hughes>Every Canadian Prospect just so you know.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 9:11 p.m.
On Defense he is a liability you can ask Toronto fans such as @SammyT_51 @Jamiepo @Juice probably a couple others I haven't mentioned, but he is a defensive Liability. AAA don't mean anything. Being a AAA Water boy literally means nothing, or being a AAA Bench Warmer who got maybe a minute of ice time means nothing. I played Juniors as a Goalie, and quit because of an ACL tear.

Ok, I feel like i have to say something. First off you forgot me on your list of leaf fans lol. Also I have had conversations on here with you @BeastModeUnknown and I know you are a very knowledgeable and unbiased fan. That being said I sincerely hope you dont view all of us leaf fans like him. That does not speak for all of us. And i feel I need to apologize on Leafs Nation's (the rational\unbiased ones anyways) behalf for what was said to you, as no one should be talked too that way (I'm very sorry). I also dont understand why everyone is hating on the Blues? (Like truthfully I just don't get it, am I missing something?) I would like to be the first one to congratulate you (even though im not, and your entire fan base) on your Stanley Cup Victory!? as you both earned and deserved it. Again I know I didn't say any of that but I felt the need to apologize as that doesn't represent all of us, and I hope it didn't tarnish your view on all Leaf fans. Ps you where spot on, on everything you said. ?
rja40 and Shylo_Moxii liked this.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 9:15 p.m.
Edited Jul. 7, 2019 at 11:17 p.m.
Marner has already started to improve his all round game. It was very evident this season, but according to this Beast guy, he is trash because his Corsi stats from 2016-17 and the first half of 2017-18 were terrible.

Come on, my friend. Beast never said he was "trash." All he did was use some analytic stats to support his belief that Marner's value is being enhanced by playing alongside Tavares. Any player playing with Tavares or Matthews is going to produce at a higher level because those two guys are just that good. Beast even admitted that Marner was good, but he just thinks that he's overrated, and by "overrated" he means more productive with Tavares than by himself.

The sport all three of us love is indeed a team sport, and guys like Marner do and should benefit from playing with guys like Tavares. Tavares also gets a bump in stats too because many of his sweet passes to a talented goal-scorer like Marner end up in the net whereas they wouldn't if Sammy Blais was on Tavares' wing. Blais' game would of course improve too playing with Tavares, and that is Beast's point. Tavares makes anyone playing with him better. I agree with you too that Marner is an offensive stud. Beast is simply saying Marner's stats are bumped by Tavares. So too were Mark Messier's and Petr Klima's in the 1980s because they played wings to Wayne Gretzky. Superstars just do that, which is why they are superstars.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 9:18 p.m.

I don't think anyone would argue with you there either. I could also say Canada would get their rear ends kicked if the US played them "best on best" in basketball. I'd also bet that Germany could say they'd pound both America and Canada in a "best on best" in soccer.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 9:19 p.m.
Quoting: rja40
This I certainly agree with. However, name-calling doesn't enhance your solid assessment quoted above. Marner is a top-flight winger, but what Beast is saying isn't that Marner is "garbage." I do not see that in his quote. He simply is making the assertion that Marner's value is improved somewhat significantly by playing with John Tavares, and the blues do not have a John Tavares on their team.

This isn't really a false set of statements. The numbers prove Marner increases his value aside Tavares. It is also fairly clear that Ryan O'Reilly is not as good as John Tavares, and Marner's output likely isn't as good for the Blues as it would be for the Leafs. I do disagree with Beast's statement that "Marner wouldn't do any good (in St. Louis.)" As I quoted you above, Marner is a considerable talent, and I think he would do well on any team. However, Marner - like any other NHL winger - is obviously going to be better when he plays next to superstar talent. The Blues don't really have any super-stars...just a team full of very good players.

you are spot on sir. I am a leafs fan and I felt the need to apologize on all of Leafs Nation, to your entire fan base as this type of behavior does not represent all of us leaf fans. I sincerely hope that this does not tarnish your image of our fan base. We do have reasonable unbiased fans who love to engage in serious hockey discussions. So again even though I'm not responsible for what was said and no one should be talked to that way, i felt I needed to apologize. I'm very sorry.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 9:26 p.m.
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
you are spot on sir. I am a leafs fan and I felt the need to apologize on all of Leafs Nation, to your entire fan base as this type of behavior does not represent all of us leaf fans. I sincerely hope that this does not tarnish your image of our fan base. We do have reasonable unbiased fans who love to engage in serious hockey discussions. So again even though I'm not responsible for what was said and no one should be talked to that way, i felt I needed to apologize. I'm very sorry.

Not a problem, my fellow hockey friend. No offense taken. I am a secondary school principal and deal with emotion-based illogic all the time. Fans simply place a lot of emotional stock in their favorite teams/players and can get carried away at times. I envy all of the talent that Toronto has accumulated. I guess this is going to be Babcock's "make-or-break" year. If he can't get all of that talent pulling in the same direction, Dubas probably will have no other option but to move on from Babs. Good luck up their to our northern neighbors!
Jul. 7, 2019 at 9:33 p.m.
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
Ok, I feel like i have to say something. First off you forgot me on your list of leaf fans lol. Also I have had conversations on here with you @BeastModeUnknown and I know you are a very knowledgeable and unbiased fan. That being said I sincerely hope you dont view all of us leaf fans like him. That does not speak for all of us. And i feel I need to apologize on Leafs Nation's (the rational\unbiased ones anyways) behalf for what was said to you, as no one should be talked too that way (I'm very sorry). I also dont understand why everyone is hating on the Blues? (Like truthfully I just don't get it, am I missing something?) I would like to be the first one to congratulate you (even though im not, and your entire fan base) on your Stanley Cup Victory!? as you both earned and deserved it. Again I know I didn't say any of that but I felt the need to apologize as that doesn't represent all of us, and I hope it didn't tarnish your view on all Leaf fans. Ps you where spot on, on everything you said. ?

And I don't think most leafs fans are like that. @SammyT_51 @Jamiepo @palhal @Juice and you are all very very knowledgeable Leafs fans. And ones that I like a lot.
GenXHockey, rja40, Sign_em_up000000 and 2 others liked this.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 9:41 p.m.
A lot of knowledgeable Fans from each team on here, but their are those very few indecent ones that have their moments, and I will admit I have gotten carried away in arguments before so I know how it feels. I've been hot before, I get hot a lot when it comes to my Hockey team. When they do something wrong lol, but it doesn't matter on here, a lot of knowledgeable NHL Fans on here, and some Casual ones.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 9:43 p.m.
And I don't think most leafs fans are like that. @SammyT_51 @Jamiepo @palhal @Juice and you are all very very knowledgeable Leafs fans. And ones that I like a lot.

Ditto, like i said we've had great hockey conversations. And I highly value and respect your opinions. It just bothered me as no one should be talked to or belittled like that.
Shylo_Moxii liked this.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 9:43 p.m.
A lot of knowledgeable Fans from each team on here, but their are those very few indecent ones that have their moments, and I will admit I have gotten carried away in arguments before so I know how it feels. I've been hot before, I get hot a lot when it comes to my Hockey team. When they do something wrong lol, but it doesn't matter on here, a lot of knowledgeable NHL Fans on here, and some Casual ones.

I guess every fanbase has those, don't sweat it man. Everyone says stuff they regret in the heat of the moment, thats just how people are as we always wanna see our team win. Good luck to the blues next years man!
Jul. 7, 2019 at 10:01 p.m.
Quoting: iilucassxx
I guess every fanbase has those, don't sweat it man. Everyone says stuff they regret in the heat of the moment, thats just how people are as we always wanna see our team win. Good luck to the blues next years man!

Good Luck with your team, Although I have no clue who it is, but if it is Toronto I am really rooting for you guys next year.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 10:08 p.m.
@rja40 @Jamiepo @SammyT_51 @Juice @Chopper02 @mokumboi @iilucassxx @BrandonDubinskyGOAT @Sign_em_up000000

I have never had this deep of a conversation that ended well between Toronto and St.Louis fans, so I would like to say this was a great convo to have, we argued our points of view, and our own opinions. One of what I call my CapFriendly Friends @rja40 very intelligent actually made his way into the conversation, and knowledgeable as ever always knows what to say, but point be known @BrandonDubinskyGOAT
Skill is not always better than Grit, Grit can be better than Skill, but what I guarantee Simpler game always wins, and that is what Happened for the St.Louis Blues this year, you always hear in the Locker Room or in a Press Conference after a loss coaches say they have to get to a simpler game, which indeed is the best way to play, Old saying Offense Wins Games, Defense Wins Championships. I make my own saying for the fun of it. Skill can beat Grit, and Grit can beat Skill, Chemistry can beat IQ, and IQ can beat Chemistry, but Simpler Games Always Wins.
GenXHockey, Sign_em_up000000, rja40 and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 10:11 p.m.
And I can't forget one of the most knowledgeable Blues fans @STLBlues17 with his Award for best PFP ever.
STLBlues17 liked this.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 10:17 p.m.
Sam
And I can't forget one of the most knowledgeable Blues fans @STLBlues17 with his Award for best PFP ever.

Wow, this is quite the conversation lol
Jul. 7, 2019 at 10:20 p.m.
Good Luck with your team, Although I have no clue who it is, but if it is Toronto I am really rooting for you guys next year.

Yeah it is Toronto, my PFP is Datsyuk because he is my all time favourite player shooting against my favourite team smile
Shylo_Moxii liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll