Forums/The Box

TV Show/Movie Recommendations

Jan. 3 at 12:18 a.m.
Sick of playing the age old game of looking for something to watch for an hour only to then put on something I've already seen.

Any good shows or movies out there that you guys think are worth a watch?
BuFfaLOFaN and OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 17 at 7:15 p.m.
MTL AGM v5
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Sick of playing the age old game of looking for something to watch for an hour only to then put on something I've already seen.

That's an old post but :

https://ici.tou.tv/demain-des-hommes/S01E01?lectureauto=1

This is one of the best shows I've ever watched. It's heavily hockey-oriented, but it also focuses on what it's like to be a junior hockey player with a family, etc. The matter is that it's only available in French, or with French subtitles, but I really recommend it.
Feb. 17 at 11:48 p.m.
Quoting: SevenLeg
That's an old post but :

https://ici.tou.tv/demain-des-hommes/S01E01?lectureauto=1

This is one of the best shows I've ever watched. It's heavily hockey-oriented, but it also focuses on what it's like to be a junior hockey player with a family, etc. The matter is that it's only available in French, or with French subtitles, but I really recommend it.

Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out one of these days. Is that link that you posted the outlet that you watched it from?
SevenLeg liked this.
Feb. 18 at 7:42 a.m.
MTL AGM v5
Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out one of these days. Is that link that you posted the outlet that you watched it from?

Yes. You can use a one month free trial
Mar. 26 at 4:52 a.m.
EST.1986
I just decide on what to watch based on what's the popular meme currently. I don't really like wasting my time on experimental series that 'may or may not be good'. I learned the hard way with Heroes.
Apr. 29 at 11:05 p.m.
Please win the cup
Lord Of the Rings, The Hobbit, Star Wars (1-6, don't get me started on 7-9, I don't like them) I like old 50's and 60's sitcoms, more original then it's is nowadays with forced humor, The Andy Griffith show and Leave It To Beaver
Apr. 29 at 11:14 p.m.
Quoting: MapleLeafsfan2003
Lord Of the Rings, The Hobbit, Star Wars (1-6, don't get me started on 7-9, I don't like them) I like old 50's and 60's sitcoms, more original then it's is nowadays with forced humor, The Andy Griffith show and Leave It To Beaver

Lol I forgot about this thread. I've seen the Tolkien adaptations as well as Star Wars (though I've never been a big fan). Can't say I've seen either of the shows you mentioned; not really a fan of older sitcoms.
MapleLeafsfan2003 liked this.
Apr. 29 at 11:23 p.m.
Please win the cup
Lol I forgot about this thread. I've seen the Tolkien adaptations as well as Star Wars (though I've never been a big fan). Can't say I've seen either of the shows you mentioned; not really a fan of older sitcoms.

I liked the older ones because of original humor, and they are quite clean episodes, though the occasional Seinfeld epi is awesome
Apr. 29 at 11:28 p.m.
Quoting: MapleLeafsfan2003
I liked the older ones because of original humor, and they are quite clean episodes, though the occasional Seinfeld epi is awesome

Yeah, idk, just never really been my thing.
MapleLeafsfan2003 liked this.
May 27 at 10:12 p.m.
sbinalla

simpsons
Oct. 25 at 2:52 p.m.
First NY Then LA

I said this in belated response to another interesting thread in which you participated (Favorite Movies), but this time I'll say it directly to you since you clearly have a great take on film: try Big Night, with Stanley Tucci, Tony Shalhoub (as brothers operating an Italian restaurant in Brooklyn NY in the 1950's), Ian Holm as their "Caesar's Pizza" competitor, and Isabella Rossellini as the latter's wife.
Oct. 25 at 5:15 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I said this in belated response to another interesting thread in which you participated (Favorite Movies), but this time I'll say it directly to you since you clearly have a great take on film: try Big Night, with Stanley Tucci, Tony Shalhoub (as brothers operating an Italian restaurant in Brooklyn NY in the 1950's), Ian Holm as their "Caesar's Pizza" competitor, and Isabella Rossellini as the latter's wife.

I'll have to check it out. I've really liked Stanley Tucci in anything I've seen him in.
Oct. 25 at 5:34 p.m.
First NY Then LA
I'll have to check it out. I've really liked Stanley Tucci in anything I've seen him in.

And there are two French romantic comedy films that would make my All-Time Top Ten List: And Now My Love (1974), where the two main characters don't actually meet until the very last scene, which contains one of the greatest sight gags in cinematic history, and Cousin, Cousine (1975), which was remade by Hollywood with Ted Danson and Isabella Rossellini (coincidence) as "Cousins" in 1989.
Oct. 25 at 9:45 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
There are probably good TV shows, but I haven't seen to found them
So I stick the oldies.......Bull, the Canadian series Murdock Mysteries, Survivor (I'm an addict since day one) and for news/education, GPS on CNN Sunday morning.
Nov. 10 at 11:01 a.m.
Jinx lord
Two sports movies I couldn't recommend more are Greater and Bleed for this.
Nov. 11 at 12:17 p.m.
First NY Then LA
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Two sports movies I couldn't recommend more are Greater and Bleed for this.

What did you think of "Goon" with Liev Schreiber?
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Nov. 11 at 1:16 p.m.
Jinx lord
Quoting: OldNYIfan
What did you think of "Goon" with Liev Schreiber?

It was a good movie, a little bit gory depending on what you like.
OldNYIfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Remove Option
Submit Poll