Forums/NHL

2021/2022 NHL Season Discussion Thread - #7

Dec. 8, 2021 at 9:22 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
What happens to the players when a team folds
Dec. 8, 2021 at 9:29 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: Devil1122
I agree that players need to keep their head up but putting your head down shouldn't allow Trouba to get a free hit to the head. He did it again to Mack today

These guys are programmed Professionals to hit the puck carrier, learned it in ATOM. All the while, they do so at speeds measured in freakin-HP/"horse-power"

So you're saying, Nate gets the benefit of the doubt to look at his laces for two or three "steamboats" and the guy whose committed to laying the hit, on the puck carrier, has to be the one to make split decisions to pull up?

NO

You know what - Mac K has a brain too. And he can say to himself - WTF am I doing looking at my skates for three steamboats - what a dummy I am...boom boom!!

Truba makes a commitment on a dum dum but the dum dum has all the protection - I never ever learned that in my 25yrs of organized hawkey...
Dec. 8, 2021 at 9:43 p.m.
Quoting: McGruff
These guys are programmed Professionals to hit the puck carrier, learned it in ATOM. All the while, they do so at speeds measured in freakin-HP/"horse-power"

So you're saying, Nate gets the benefit of the doubt to look at his laces for two or three "steamboats" and the guy whose committed to laying the hit, on the puck carrier, has to be the one to make split decisions to pull up?

NO

You know what - Mac K has a brain too. And he can say to himself - WTF am I doing looking at my skates for three steamboats - what a dummy I am...boom boom!!

Truba makes a commitment on a dum dum but the dum dum has all the protection - I never ever learned that in my 25yrs of organized hawkey...

Head hits are a two way street don’t forget that. Half is on the player to keep their head up, and half of it is on the opposition to try avoid contact with the head and aim for the shoulder
Devil, EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 8, 2021 at 9:46 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

NO

But these big head hits in two straight games is concerning

As @MitchMarner_16 said, its a two way street. Can't only blame the player that gets hit
MitchMarner_16, EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan and 2 others liked this.
Dec. 8, 2021 at 9:46 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

EsoYeezus69, zk97 and Saskleaf liked this.
Dec. 8, 2021 at 9:50 p.m.

As MitchMarner_16 said, its a two way street. Can't only blame the player that gets hit

Blaming the victim isn’t really a valid argument imo.

“You’re taught since day one of driving to keep your eyes on the road!” You shouldn’t have taken your eyes off the road to shoulder check, you shoulder checked too long! That’s why you were t boned!”

Nobody plans on getting hit, but the hit is the avoidable and non essential play here. He can totally avoid all contact with the head, like the person who t bones you can slow down/stop. But it’s both drivers/players fault.
Devil, A_Habs_fan and Saskleaf liked this.
Dec. 8, 2021 at 9:53 p.m.
cautious optimism
Quoting: capsfan2121
What happens to the players when a team folds

Either:

1. A dispersal draft would occur, where each team would pick a player from that team

OR

2. All players become free agents.

Not sure which one it really is in the NHL rule book since we haven’t had a team fold/contract since the 70s, but those are two options.
Zinger, capsfan2121, zk97 and 2 others liked this.
Dec. 8, 2021 at 10:03 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Head hits are a two way street don’t forget that. Half is on the player to keep their head up, and half of it is on the opposition to try avoid contact with the head and aim for the shoulder

As @MitchMarner_16 said, its a two way street. Can't only blame the player that gets hit

I'm not blaming anyone but in two succinct plays - JK and NMac are playing "stupid" "dum-dum" hockey - 110%.

That is the news here.

A big hit delivered to the chest/upper chest, with massive force, on the puck carrier, causes a violent whiplash effect.
Thus, the head usually buckles forward - then back - offering the appearance of "principle point of contact" being the head.

A hitter can hit through the body.

JT (whom I have no "fan" stake-in or skin in that game) hit two players through their vulnerable bodies (ie: dummies were looking at their feet).

All said: That's why he is still taking shifts - thankfully, and has not been cancelled out of existence!

Frisbee golf & HGTV are 4-doors over...
Dec. 8, 2021 at 10:08 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Bobcat205
Either:

1. A dispersal draft would occur, where each team would pick a player from that team

OR

2. All players become free agents.

Not sure which one it really is in the NHL rule book since we haven’t had a team fold/contract since the 70s, but those are two options.

I was thinking about those options. Just imagine if Arizona just folds. Its unrealistic but Keller would be saved
Dec. 8, 2021 at 10:10 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
NHLPA filed an appeal on behalf of Jason Spezza regarding his 6 game suspension
capsfan2121 and zk97 liked this.
Dec. 8, 2021 at 10:20 p.m.
I'm not blaming anyone but in two succinct plays - JK and NMac are playing "stupid" "dum-dum" hockey - 110%.

That is the news here.

A big hit delivered to the chest/upper chest, with massive force, on the puck carrier, causes a violent whiplash effect.
Thus, the head usually buckles forward - then back - offering the appearance of "principle point of contact" being the head.

A hitter can hit through the body.

JT (whom I have no "fan" stake-in or skin in that game) hit two players through their vulnerable bodies (ie: dummies were looking at their feet).

All said: That's why he is still taking shifts - thankfully, and has not been cancelled out of existence!

Frisbee golf & HGTV are 4-doors over...

My guy. I have NO PROBLEMS with big hits, not one at all.

HOWEVER, Trouba has a responsibility of having to be aware of his size and surroundings. Chara for example can deliver big hits without hitting other guys heads, it’s possible. Dangerous hits to the head aren’t okay and guys have to be more aware. If you’re gonna sock a guy, lower your shoulder, especially if you’re bigger.

And they’re not playing dum dum hockey. I’d love to be able to know where a pass is coming without looking at the puck too!! Both times guys just received passes and were corralling the puck

WWE and MMA are 3 channels over….
capsfan2121, Kotkaniemi15, Devil and 3 others liked this.
Dec. 8, 2021 at 10:28 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan

HOWEVER, Trouba has a responsibility of having to be aware of his size and surroundings. Chara for example can deliver big hits without hitting other guys heads, it’s possible. Dangerous hits to the head aren’t okay and guys have to be more aware. If you’re gonna sock a guy, lower your shoulder, especially if you’re bigger.

And they’re not playing dum dum hockey. I’d love to be able to know where a pass is coming without looking at the puck too!! Both times guys just received passes and were corralling the puck

IMO it looked like Trouba was hitting upwards as well, as opposed to inwards, which would’ve hit him square in the chest and caused just as much of a hindrance to the player being hit.
capsfan2121, MitchMarner_16, Devil and 2 others liked this.
Dec. 8, 2021 at 10:31 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG

Funny guy,

You're size/mine are irrelevant. Hitter meet hittee or take up sales/marketing and other non-violent sports...

JK is concussed (allegedly and most unfortunately) because of Seth Jones - way more than JT!

And, they both are playing stupid - Nate/JK know (sh*t) I focused on the puck, should of re-foccussed and got prepared for the hit(s). However, they chose otherwise & got caught in the railroad tracks...my bad!

You think JT hit the head twice yet NHL has that # at zero...must be another DOPS issue here?
Dec. 8, 2021 at 10:45 p.m.
Funny guy,

You're size/mine are irrelevant. Hitter meet hittee or take up sales/marketing and other non-violent sports...

JK is concussed (allegedly and most unfortunately) because of Seth Jones - way more than JT!

And, they both are playing stupid - Nate/JK know (sh*t) I focused on the puck, should of re-foccussed and got prepared for the hit(s). However, they chose otherwise & got caught in the railroad tracks...my bad!

You think JT hit the head twice yet NHL has that # at zero...must be another DOPS issue here?

Yup Seth jones rocked a guy and is totally responsible. You can’t keep blaming victim. These decisions happen in fractions of seconds. Ultimately troubas the dude making contact with their heads not MacKinnon or JK trying to play a pass. Last I checked trying to corralle a pass in your feet by looking at the freaking hunk of rubber isn’t playing stupid, hitting a dude in the head instead of lowering your shoulder is.

Crosby chucked a guy head first in the board and got no suspension so Jesus Parros is infallible right?? The DoPS is a joke. The freaking nhlpa filed an appeal for spezzas suspension. They’re not perfect and far from it.
A_Habs_fan and BigDaddyOvech liked this.
Dec. 8, 2021 at 10:48 p.m.
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
So umm, Jacob Trouba scored tonight. Am I the only one who just assumed he wouldn't be playing, pending a hearing for his hit to head on Khaira last night? Like am I crazy? I thought that was a pretty nasty hit. Head was certainly the initial point of contact. How does he walk away with nothing?

Trouba’s hit yesterday was one of those very hard but legal hits
capsfan2121, McGruff and Saskleaf liked this.
Dec. 8, 2021 at 10:50 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Trouba’s hit yesterday was one of those very hard but legal hits

Like that ovi hit against jagr.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 8, 2021 at 10:50 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
NHLPA filed an appeal on behalf of Jason Spezza regarding his 6 game suspension

Got a feeling the # of games will go down to 4 so he will be back by Edmonton if the CBJ game counted which people are saying it did

Either way thats the one good thing they did for him lul
capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 8, 2021 at 10:56 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Man wtf is wrong with Philly

They got all that fire power yet cant score
capsfan2121 and zk97 liked this.
Dec. 8, 2021 at 10:57 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Yup Seth jones rocked a guy and is totally responsible. You can’t keep blaming victim. These decisions happen in fractions of seconds. Ultimately troubas the dude making contact with their heads not MacKinnon or JK trying to play a pass. Last I checked trying to corralle a pass in your feet by looking at the freaking hunk of rubber isn’t playing stupid, hitting a dude in the head instead of lowering your shoulder is.

Crosby chucked a guy head first in the board and got no suspension so Jesus Parros is infallible right?? The DoPS is a joke. The freaking nhlpa filed an appeal for spezzas suspension. They’re not perfect and far from it.

Don't know where you're leading me w/ SJ rockin some guy & Sid's situation...???

Back to Point However:

Seth Jones gave JK a suicide pass...that is the tragedy here (110%). And, I saw that on the live-in-game TV action w/ one replay.

How many times have you watched that play?

You know what, it doesn't matter.

Back to your point:
JK has two concrete options on the play:

A - try to corral the bad pass from SJ and get smoked, or
B - PULL OUT Mofo, refocus up-ice, and get ready for the hit.

Both are a milli-fraction of a second. One keeps him in the game, the other not so much...

Wish he had chose the latter, he did not.

BUT, that's not JT's problem as he committed in the same milli-frac-of-a-second and hit a guy square in the chest...

Play-On...
Dec. 8, 2021 at 11:10 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
https://twitter.com/Abezy11/status/1468545092315140103?s=20
Lol
Dec. 8, 2021 at 11:11 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Jason Robertson, Roope Hintz or Joe Pavelski has scored the game's first goal in each of the last seven games.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Dec. 8, 2021 at 11:13 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 8, 2021 at 11:18 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Bettman that's my baby

Investors and Reality: ITS NOT SUSTAINABLE

2024 99% Guaranteed they probs gonna be playing in Houston as after that earnings report came out and the potential earnings Houston could get in comparison yeah best to move them lul
capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 8, 2021 at 11:21 p.m.
Tintin over 1122

Dec. 8, 2021 at 11:51 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
Man wtf is wrong with Philly

They got all that fire power yet cant score

The “firepower” is old and not that good now lol
SevenLeg liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options: