SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2 Round Mock Draft

2 Round Mock Draft

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: BruinsFan35
Published: Feb. 24, 2022 at 1:33 p.m.
Description
I waned to make a mock to say that I've updated my rankings. You can see them at https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1RzNMz5ZHa26mgLprz-fbn1V5_JOUAc94GrZrpz9suW4/edit?usp=sharing

There is a second doc that you can now access at the end of that doc, I have too many profiles to fit on one Google Slide now, my computer couldn't handle it anymore. There's at least 300 profiles on there now when you combine the 2 docs, and I know there's more but I forgot the actual number so that's a low estimate. Anyways, enjoy!
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-No surprises here. Wright is pretty much a lock for 1st overall, and he has been for a few years. While I think some people were hoping for bigger numbers out of him this season, he's produced very well offensively while still keeping his three-zone attitude and defensive prowess. He has no real flaws in his game that need fixing prior to his NHL debut, and the Houston Coyotes could really need a new face of the franchise to waste for the next decade or so. Wright will be the guy as soon as he's drafted.
2Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Here's where everyone will comment how much of an idiot I am. The Habs don't need center as bad as they need a new face of the back end. Cooley and Savoie are fantastic, but Nemec is the right move for Montreal. He's an excellent skater,, strong defensive player with a good active stick without being overly undisciplined, and sound positioning. He's very useful in transition with strong breakout passes and his skating ability to rush the puck the ice and recover if the play turns the other way. He needs to learn to shoot more, as he has a good hard shot that just doesn't get used as much as I'd like to see. He could also clean up his decisions in the offensive zone at times, as he tends to pinch unnecessarily at times and while his skating can get him out of a bad situation in Slovakia, it won't work out for him as well in the NHL. Overall, Nemec has got future #1 defenseman written all over him.
3Logo of the Seattle Kraken-If Nemec falls here, Seattle picks him up, no question. However, think they'll be quite happy with Logan Cooley. Just a little on the small side at 5-10, but he plays a solid, well-rounded game with no major flaws, and he'll be going to the NCAA to improve his game even more. Cooley is a great skater and plays a good 200-foot game while making very few mistakes. Many people, including myself, have Cooley as the second best player in the draft. A great pick for the Kraken who can use youth at every position. And a future 1-2 punch of Cooley and Matty Beniers is tantalizing for GM Francis and company.
4Logo of the New Jersey Devils-I'm not doing trades in this mock, but this would be a pick I could see getting traded to move down and gain assets. What the Devils really need is a right defenseman in their system, but David Jiricek is not 4th overall worthy. So, Devils go BPA. I think they'll be happy with Savoie. Again on the small side, like Cooley, at 5-10 but Savoie is blazing fast and has a lot of high-end offensive skills that will be very useful for the blossoming young forward group in New Jersey.He tends to get knocked off the puck easily, so maybe a bigger body should be lined up with him. Still, the skills that Savoie possesses makes him an easy selection for a team that has pretty much everything.
5Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Buffalo needs more scoring punch. Kemell provides exactly that. Early the best shot in this class, Kemell is a dynamic sniper that will easily hit the 35 goal mark many times throughout his NHL career.e's a good skater with great instincts in the offensive zone. He's also showed some finesse in his playmaking skills, adding another dimension to his already explosive offensive game. He's a bit of a liability in the defensive end, but it's less noticeable in Liiga as a winger. He'll need some conditioning in the AHL or in juniors here in North America before he hits the NHL ice, but Kemell can be the guy that fills the stadium for the Sabres in a year or two.
6Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Danila Yurov plays the game that the Flyers look for. Hard-nosed, three-zone type of player that is more than willing to muck it up in the corners and never shies away from a hit. He plays a very smart game as well, and is great positionally. He could work on his 4-way agility, as he's little too straight-line speed only at the moment. but when I watch him, I see a lot of Mark Stone qualities in him. He will make a great Flyer.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-The Senators have pretty much everything in terms of prospects, so they go BPA. Lambert seemed to be a lock for 2nd overall in the preseason, but a slow start knocked him down a bit. Still, Lambert is one of the best, if not the best, skaters in the class. He controls the puck very well, and is a menace when 1-on-1 with a defenseman. He's very good at getting open when there's sustained pressure in the offensive zone, and while his shot isn't super powerful, it's accurate and has a good snap off of his stick. He can be a little selfish with the puck when on the rush, and has struggled to finish around the net at times this season, so that will need to be rectified. Also, while he can play center, I think the full-time switch to right wing is appropriate for him at the NHL level. He already plays there sometimes, and it helps mask is lack of defensive prowess.
8Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksThe Blue Jackets need a center to pair with Cole Sillinger in ht top six. While I have some centers above Geekie on my board that are still available, the size and physicality of Geekie's game seems to form a consensus that is more in his favor. The most glaring flaw in Geekie's game is how slow he is, and he tends to fall a little too often as well, especially for someone who loves to play physical. Balance work and becoming more explosive will need to be addressed before an NHL debut, but Geekie's overall game is quite good. Very physical, powerful shot, and solid offensive awareness and an ability to make plays in tight and around the net.verall, a solid prospect and future top six center that the Blue Jackets need in their pipeline. And no, Kent Johnson is not a center in the NHL, he's a winger.
9Logo of the New York Islanders-Some will say that this is a reach, and I get it. But Denton Mateychuk is a very stay defenseman that I value very highly on my rankings, and the Islanders don't need right-shot defensemen. Mateychuk is a very well-rounded defenseman that won't make the flashy plays, but will almost always make the smart play. He won't be highlight reel player, but he will be a fan and coaches favorite. Good skater with solid 4-way mobility, sound positioning, and a very smart player. He needs to tighten up his understanding of how to defend the rush, as he sometimes drifts too close to the puck carrier and leaves the passing option wide open. Overall, a lock for the future top 4 of the Isles that they should be excited about.
10Logo of the San Jose Sharks-I think that there are better options than Slafkovsky for this pick, but I read a Sharks fan's post yesterday saying that he hopes the Sharks grab him or Brad Lambert at 10th OA. So, you're welcome. Slafkovsky is a very big and powerful winger that is the definition of a power forward. Hard shot, great forechecker, and can control the puck extremely well. He is also an above-average playmaker, which helps give him a more well-rounded offensive toolkit. He's a little on the slow side, and his back checking isn't as impressive as his forechecking, so that could use some tweaking. But I don't think that there's any denying the potential with this pick, especially after the Olympics.
11Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-I was a little torn on this selection. I think that the Red Wings should go with a left-shot defenseman, but there isn't one I feel comfortable taking this high. So, best-center forward available. Yes, I know Frank Nazar plays center at the USNTDP. No, he will not play center in the NHL. He's small and isn't good enough at the face-off dot. This size and overall game is more conducive at the wing, where he is also comfortable playing. Nazar reminds me of Mitch Marner in a lot of ways. Good 200-foot winger with good hockey sense and a well-rounded offensive toolkit. Nazar's shot is also pretty nasty. He's also a very hard-working player, never taking a shift off. An excellent selection, even if it isn't ideal given the pipeline in Detroit.
12Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-The Jets could go one of two ways with this pick: Right-shot defenseman or winger. And with Jiricek sitting on the board, I find it hard to believe that the Jets wouldn't jump at the opportunity to get him. Good size at 6-3 and a great skater, solid three-zone player, and a booming shot from the point. Not afraid to mix it up in the corners either. One knock on him is his injury, which has sidelined him for a good portion of this year. He also tends to take a lot of stick infractions, leaving him off the penalty kill, which he is very good on. A good upside selection for the Jets.
13Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-I don't know that I like this pick, because I am not the biggest fan of Miroshnichenko (Miro for short). He's very inconsistent in terms of the effort, ebbing and flowing by the second, which I always hate in a prospect. He's also a huge liability in the defensive zone, with really no care to take a position against the opposing defenseman on the point or really do anything until he gets the puck on his stick. He's also incredibly raw as a talent as a whole. So, why take him at 13? Because when the effort is there, Miro is easily a top 5 player in this class. The size, skating, and skill combo is so exciting, and his ability to make plays along the boards and his willingness to hit makes him a fascinating get for any team. For Columbus, which is making their second pick already, this is a bet on their staff. Get the potential out of this kid, and you have the steal of the draft up to this point. Don't, and the what-ifs will haunt you as much as my Bruins in 2015.
14Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-I was consider Ty Nelson for this pick, but I think the upside of Isaac Howard is more than Nelson's. And if Boeser is on the way out of Vancouver like people on this site seem to think, the Canucks could use a guy pair with Pettersson. Howard is a playmaker by trade, excellent passing puck control, able to make ridiculous plays in the offensive zone. High hockey IQ and good vision as well.reat skater who can keep up with Pettersson and feed him the puck, could be a great dynamic duo with the larger Podkolzin as the power forward. Howard shies away from physical plays, and tends to lose his man in the defensive zone. But the upside is certainly there, and the NCAA could take those flaws away before he touches NHL ice. I see a pass-first Pastrnak when I watch this kid, which I think should excite pretty much anyone.
15Logo of the Dallas Stars-Dallas takes the next best defenseman off the board in the towering Bichsel, and there's a lot to like about this kid. Huge at 6-5, but a good skater and is very difficult to take the puck off of. Very sound and mature defensive game, and he's willing to put his size to good use in the corners and to make big hits in open ice. His shot is surprisingly lackluster, despite his strength. And I question his upside in the offensive zone, just based on his decisions at times and his over-willingness to back out of the O-zone when the opposition gets the puck. Still, a great add for a team that could use help on the back end in their pipeline.
16Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-People are gonna hate on this pick, but McGroarty is #8 on my board, and I'm not sold on the Ducks young centers outside of Zegras. McGroarty plays a complete 200-foot game with solid offensive abilities. his shot is good, and he's a menace in front of the net. very low center of gravity makes him tough to knock down or away from the crease. A big knock on him his skating. I don't think the speed is an issue, but he's one of the least explosive players in this stage of the draft class. This lack of acceleration leads to him being late on the back check, but it's not for lack of effort. He's a hard-working center that will be a nice add for any team. I see a lot of Anze Kopitar in this kid's game, and as Getzlaf only gets older, a replacement two-way center in the top six will do the Ducks a lot of good.
17Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-I'm tempted to take a center for the Oliers here, as having a dependable 2C would allow McDavid and Drai to play together. However, Ty Nelson is available, and the Oilers need top 4 help behind Evan Bouchard. An undersized defenseman that does almost everything well, you could make the case for him to be gone before this pick. Very poised defender with good hockey IQ and immaculate decision making, I see a lot of Jared Spurgeon in his game. Exactly the kind of guy the Oilers can use in their system.
18Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-What do you give the team who has literally everything in terms of prospects? BPA. If you ask me, Luca Del Bel Belluz is the guy. Average size, but a great 200-foot center that can pretty much do whatever is needed in the game. Very consistent in terms of effort, and always a smart player. A favorite of mine, Belluz has a well-rounded and smart game that has a lot of upside. No the most physical player, and he loses a lot of 1-on-1 battles the corners and along the boards as a result. But he's quick to get back into the play and uses a good and active defensive stick to make plays with discipline. A great add for a team who has an abundance of literally everything.
19Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsWith the second of Buffalo's 3 first round picks, I have them taking a slight reach and snagging the best defensive-defenseman in the class in Chesley. Chesley shows excellent defensive awareness in his gap control and his willingness to block shots. He also displays a good ability to make breakout passes and will join the rush sometimes with his above-average skating ability. His first-step acceleration could be a little better, and he needs to learn to stay out of the penalty box, but the Sabres could use some stability on the back end. Chesley provides exactly that.
20Logo of the Nashville Predators-I'm not sure why many people have Lekkerimaki has solely a right winger. I think he projects as a center, which he plays regularly, and the Preds need a center. Lekkerimaki is a great skater with a well-rounded and advanced offensive toolkit. He displays excellent vision and a real knack for making impressive plays with his skating and puck control. He's a little below average inside, and his defensive game is far from good. But the offensive upside is exciting for any team to have in their system, and Lekkerimaki is a very intriguing prospect.
21Logo of the Boston Bruins-Not gonna lie, I was hoping for Lekkerimaki to fall here to my team. But it didn't make sense, and I'm trying not to be biased. And, Forsmark is an excellent pick. He's got good size at 6-2, 194, and is a really good skater and shows excellent hockey IQ, especially in the defensive end. He's also got a good shot, and can be problem on the power play form the point. He has shown some difficulty in keeping his emotions in check, but he's done a good job so far since joining the SHL. His puck control is lacking at times, but his overall game scream future top 4 defender, and the top 4 of McAvoy, Carlo, Lohrei, and Forsmark (with Vaakanainen and Zboril as the third pair) is extremely promising for Boston's future.
22Logo of the Washington Capitals-The Capitals are in a weird spot with their prospects, where they need pretty much everything. So,I went BPA, and to me, that's Persson. This guy might be the fastest player the draft. Holy **** this kid can fly! He's also a fantastic shooter and has displayed shot stands and some playmaking abilities. He's not going to go into the corners, but the Capitals have enough players who are willing to do that where it is less of an issue. He also has some trouble staying in a good position, especially in the defensive zone, but his speed can usually make up for it. Overall, I see Persson as a 2LW of the future, but he can also play center. Very valuable for the Capitals.
23Logo of the Minnesota Wild-I was tempted to select a right-shot defenseman for the Wild at this spot, but the only one left that I think has first-round value is Seamus Casey, and I prefer Dumais here. Dumais is a dynamic and well-rounded offensive threat who has skyrocketed up my rankings over the past few months. He's on the small side at 5-9, 165, and that leaves a lot to be desired on the physical aspects of the game. However, Dumais' offensive toolkit is extremely high-end, and the potential is too good to pass up when you consider a potential pair-up with Kaprizov's shooting abilities. Dumais is a wizard with the puck on his stick, and possesses a nice and accurate shot and excellent playmaking abilities. Overall, Dumais may be considered a slight reach due to his size, but he is exactly what the Wild need to compliment their young forwards. Imagine a future top line of Kaprizov-Boldy-???. You need a playmaker there. Insert Jordan Dumais, and that's a line for Wild fans to cheer on for the next decade plus.
24Logo of the St. Louis Blues-The Blues could use pretty much everything in their system in terms of youth, but I think defense is a big issue when looking to the future of the Blues. Koromyslov is a nice start to building the future blue line. He's a good two-way defenseman that possesses great skating ability and solid three-zone awareness. He is especially at defensing the rush, displaying an active stick and solid gap control. He is a little underweight for his 6-3 frame, and a bulk up will probably help his shot, which is on the weaker side. But, overall, the value is very high for a pick this late in the first round, so Blues fans should be able to get behind this selection.
25Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary FlamesWith their second selection, the Habs will take center in Noah Ostlund, who projects as the future 2C behind Nick Suzuki. Ostlund is a playmaking center that shows good 200-foot effort and a nice skating ability. He's about average in terms of height but is underweight, which means that putting on some more muscleould help his already above-average skating game and help round out his physical side his game, which is probably the weakest part of Ostlund's game. Ostlund is a creative playmaker and is able to make very difficult passes, even against the SHLs best defenders. Overall, this would be a nice add for the Habs as they look to rebuild their underachieving core.
26Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Don't let CapFriendly fool you, Duda is a left-shot defender, not a center. Duda is a smart two-way defender that will be a future reliable middle-pair defender for Toronto. He displays great skating ability as well as an above-average ability to make breakout passes with accuracy and consistency. One knock on his game is a lack of any physical aspect to his game, but I think that the MHL is a very non-physical league as a general rule, so that aspect is just not important to succeed in the MHL. In short, I think it's there, he just doesn't use it. If I'm right, the future of the Leafs blue line just got a nice boost.
27Logo of the New York Rangers-The Rangers, despite the success they've had this season, could use more youth down the middle. Marco Kasper will provide that within a few years. Extremely talented playmaker with above average speed and puck handling. His shot, while not powerful, is quite accurate. One problem with his game is his effort off of the puck. However, the offensive upside is quite significant, making this an intriguing pick for the Rangers.
28Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-The Penguins are only getting older, and they will need a new center to drive the new, young core of the future. Gustafson, while I don't think will be a top line guy, could be the guy down the middle for the Penguins to start their eventual rebuild. Gustafson is a reliable and responsible 200-foot center that shows great hockey sense and an overall advanced and mature game. He isn't the strongest player, and that causes him to be pushed around a little, but the rest of his game is quite well-rounded. The future of the Penguins isn't great right now, but Gustafson is a step in the right direction.
29Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-The Lightning doesn't have any glaring needs on their roster, so Ohgren is simply a luxury to have in their system. Incredible plyamking ability for the speedy winger, and he has above-average ability to find himself open in the offensive zone. He is an excellent opportunity creator offense. His size is average at 6-1, 187, but he isn't the strongest player, so that will need to be improved upon. However, the skills are definitely there, and the Bolts should be excited to get a player of this quality this late in the first round.
30Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Carolina HurricanesI don't know if you know this, but the Coyotes suck. Their franchise is a mess, their finances are in shambles, and they're playing on a college campus next season. All of these things, in my opinion, means that Arizona needs to take risks. Be bold with your picking moves this offseason, and become buzzworthy. I'm not sure that Tucker Robertson is enough to put them over the edge, but it certainly won't hurt. Robertson is THE best overaged player available in the draft that I've ever seen, and selecting him this high will be quite buzzworthy. There are no flaws to his game that make me believe the he isn't NHL ready right now. He's 5-10 but 190 and strong, a good skater, 200-foot player, solid shot. He can do it all. Mark my words, if Robertson had played in the 2020-21 season, he would have been selected 2nd overall behind Owen Power. And he probably would have made the Kraken roster. The Coyotes are happy with their choice of JJ Moser last year, take another high-floor overaged player this season and reap the benefits.
31Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida PanthersWith the final of three selections by the Sabres in this round, the Sabres double up on defensemen, this time taking the left-shot d-man in Mintyukov. Mintyukov is a very well-rounded and poised defenseman. Decent size at 6-1, 192, a good skater, willingness to hit, and a solid puck handler that will use his skating and his reach to join into the rush and create great chances for his team. His one major flaw is his lack of shot accuracy. His shot is powerful but wildly inaccurate. That being said, Mintyukov is a very talented and well-rounded defender that will be a great middle pair addition to the future Sabres.
32Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado AvalancheWith the Coyotes final pick, they select the offensive defenseman in Seamus Casey. They could use some offense off the back end, and Casey has a smart blend of speed, puck control, and offensive prowess that makes him an enticing prospect. He needs to work on his defensive game, as it is extremely raw and his decision making in his own end is inconsistent and faulty at best. He's also undersized as a defenseman, and physicality is an issue for him. That being said, Casey is a very intriguing prospect that could be the power play quarterback for the Coyotes in a few years.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 1:34 p.m.
NHLfan10506 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 1:34 p.m.
Heyhowareya37 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 1:35 p.m.
Zinger and Z0ra liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 1:35 p.m.
MatthewsFan liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 1:36 p.m.
nickthehabsfan liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 1:36 p.m.
Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 2:01 p.m.
Nice.

I have got Cooley, Nemec, Wright, Lambert, Slafkovsky as my top-5.

Guys taken too early
Del Bel Belluz, Persson, Dumais, Gustafsson, Robertson look more like 2nd/3rd rounders
Nelson, Ostlund, Kryou also a bit later

Guys taken too late
Gaucher, Luneau, Hughes, Gauthier go in late 1st
Mesar, Trikozov a little higher too

Guys that may sneak into 2nd that were let off:
Jorian Donovan
Sam Rinzel
Adam Ingram
Matyas Sapovaliv
Matthew Morden
Maveric Lamoureux
Matthew Poitras
Danny Zhilkin
Paul Ludwinski
Filip Bystedt
Kent Anderson
David Goyette
Calle Odelius
Ryan Healey
Alexander Suzdalev
Lenny7, Saskleaf and BruinsFan35 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 2:05 p.m.
totally love the work you’ve put into this and it looks sick. i do think the isles pick a forward tho, especially if slafkovsky is still on the board
Saskleaf, BruinsFan35 and TZ11 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 2:16 p.m.
Saskoiler for now
Nice mock draft. Slafkovsky seems to be low here compare to other mock drafts. Also Nemec 2nd is new. All in all this is a good mockdraft for sure.
BruinsFan35 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 2:22 p.m.
Lenny7
I'm kinda torn on a few things, and I'm in the middle of a rough day at work, so I'll quickly jump around here, and may drop back in later. Here's my quick-look thoughts:
-I'd imagine Columbus targets a RD (whichever of Nemec/Jiricek are available at 8OA), then takes the best forward available with their other pick
-I get your thoughts on Anaheim, but really gotta think that if Nelson is there, they take him (Or the best RD available...DROP JIRICEK!!!!). Adding a Nelson-type to the D-prospect pool would be Yuuuuuge. Think MM has to be their 2C of the future.
-Something tells me Slafkovski jumps because of his Olympic performance, but I have a hard time thinking it'll be to the top 5 like a lot of mocks have him here.
-I wouldn't be surprised to see Savoie slide due to his size.
-Think LDBB is too high.
-Just from the POV of the Yotes...take the best player available, every. single. time. No need to overthink it. Fill the farm, and look 2-3 years down the line.
-Honestly, surprised to see Gaucher in the second, but at the same time, I could see him sliding a bit.
-You mentioned Geekie being slower than most...I think it'll be interesting to see where he goes. Kinda reminds me of Dylan Strome. Good, not great.
BruinsFan35 and MatthewsFan liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 2:51 p.m.
SHL NJD GM
Quoting: BruinsFan35
TZ11 A_Habs_fan NHLfan10506

On the players that I have actually scouted, I think Dumais, Leinonen are too high, Casey, Korchinski, Lindgren, Gauthier, Mesar too low. Hopefully, I'll be able to post my updated rankings this weekend
BruinsFan35 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 2:53 p.m.
Damn bro you know a lot about prospects. Good Stuff. Could I have your explanation for Perevalov?
BruinsFan35 and Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 3:06 p.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Nice.

I have got Cooley, Nemec, Wright, Lambert, Slafkovsky as my top-5.

Guys taken too early
Del Bel Belluz, Persson, Dumais, Gustafsson, Robertson look more like 2nd/3rd rounders
Nelson, Ostlund, Kryou also a bit later

Guys taken too late
Gaucher, Luneau, Hughes, Gauthier go in late 1st
Mesar, Trikozov a little higher too

Guys that may sneak into 2nd that were let off:
Jorian Donovan
Sam Rinzel
Adam Ingram
Matyas Sapovaliv
Matthew Morden
Maveric Lamoureux
Matthew Poitras
Danny Zhilkin
Paul Ludwinski
Filip Bystedt
Kent Anderson
David Goyette
Calle Odelius
Ryan Healey
Alexander Suzdalev

Yeah there’s a lot of talented players in this class. There’s probably at least 70 guys I could have put from the end of the first round to the end of the second that could’ve been considered justifiable. Just goes to show how good of a draft this is
Feb. 24, 2022 at 3:07 p.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
On the players that I have actually scouted, I think Dumais, Leinonen are too high, Casey, Korchinski, Lindgren, Gauthier, Mesar too low. Hopefully, I'll be able to post my updated rankings this weekend

I’m really high on Dumais but I get it. Leinonen is too high but one team always takes a goalie in the second round for whatever reason. Leinonen is the best goalie in the class so I picked him.
MatthewsFan liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 3:20 p.m.
Quoting: bagelbob
totally love the work you’ve put into this and it looks sick. i do think the isles pick a forward tho, especially if slafkovsky is still on the board

Yeah I could see Slafkovsky to the Isles there too. I like Mateychuk there tho and I think he plays a very Barry Trotz style of game. Slafkovsky does to tho now that I'm thinking about it so yeah either way.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 3:29 p.m.
Great draft! I might not agree on everything, but your expertise stays unmatched on this site. I'll look into everything more deeply later.

It seems like you're not high on McTavish (I disagree) but I can understand going BPA.
BruinsFan35 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 3:34 p.m.
Quoting: Lenny7
I'm kinda torn on a few things, and I'm in the middle of a rough day at work, so I'll quickly jump around here, and may drop back in later. Here's my quick-look thoughts:
-I'd imagine Columbus targets a RD (whichever of Nemec/Jiricek are available at 8OA), then takes the best forward available with their other pick
-I get your thoughts on Anaheim, but really gotta think that if Nelson is there, they take him (Or the best RD available...DROP JIRICEK!!!!). Adding a Nelson-type to the D-prospect pool would be Yuuuuuge. Think MM has to be their 2C of the future.
-Something tells me Slafkovski jumps because of his Olympic performance, but I have a hard time thinking it'll be to the top 5 like a lot of mocks have him here.
-Think LDBB is too high.
-Just from the POV of the Yotes...take the best player available, every. single. time. No need to overthink it. Fill the farm, and look 2-3 years down the line.
-Honestly, surprised to see Gaucher in the second, but at the same time, I could see him sliding a bit.
-You mentioned Geekie being slower than most...I think it'll be interesting to see where he goes. Kinda reminds me of Dylan Strome. Good, not great.

I would honestly take Chesley over Nelson. Not because of size or something like that, but because I think a true high-end defensive Defenseman on the right side behind Drysdale could be really beneficial. I don't see someone in the system who's be able to fill that slot. Thrun and Zellweger are both two-way Defenseman (I don't really see either being a purely offensive Defenseman) and Drysdale looks more like an offensive Defenseman. So I think picking Chesley might be the best option.
Lenny7 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 3:34 p.m.
Quoting: Lenny7
-Think LDBB is too high.

Dang lot of takes lol. I'll go through them one by one:

1) Columbus taking a RD could be a move, but I like Boqvist and Peeke more than I like Sillinger and ???. I figure that they won't be competitive for a couple more years so might as well check off all the boxes on their future roster before supplementing what they already have filled.

2) Again I don't totally disagree with the take that Anaheim should take a defenseman here. I also am quite high on Ty Nelson, despite him dropping on this mock a little. McTavish is alright, but like I said I'm just not sold on him. That's just my opinion tho.

3) Yeah Slafkovsky had a great Olympics. He could rise but the prospects above him are also quite good so there's really no going wrong in that top 10.

4) Yeah size matters a lot in drafting for these GMs. I just think that Savoie's skillset is too impressive to see him drop too far, and I just had the Devils take BPA, which I feel was Savoie at that spot.

5) Most people would probably agree with you about Luca Del Bel Belluz. I love watching him and I think that he will be a riser on a lot of boards once the professional scouting agencies make their rounds on him again. He's shown huge improvements from the beginning of the season (I didn't bother ranking him for the first couple of updates) to now.

6) I'd tend to agree with you, but I think that checking as many boxes as possible is also important. They have basically nothing, and it's rare to have a draft class with this many first round caliber players, so the Yotes have an opportunity to build their prospect pool at as many positions as possible quicker than most bottom feeder teams have with the amount of picks that they possess. That's why I had them take 2 centers (Wright and Gaucher), 2 wingers (Robertson who can also play center and Snuggerud) and 3 defensemen (Casey, Kyrou, and Lindgren). Spread the love a little without really sacrificing better prospects.

7) I want to like Gaucher a lot more than I do because of his size, but I feel that most of his attributes are average. He's still a high pick imo because of the potential he's shown and the size, but not first round in a draft class this great.

8) The 2015 Dylan Strome controversy among scouts is a good comparison to make with Geekie. Please god let the Kraken be smarter than to take him 3rd overall lol.
Lenny7 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 3:36 p.m.
Quoting: TZ11
I would honestly take Chesley over Nelson. Not because of size or something like that, but because I think a true high-end defensive Defenseman on the right side behind Drysdale could be really beneficial. I don't see someone in the system who's be able to fill that slot. Thrun and Zellweger are both two-way Defenseman (I don't really see either being a purely offensive Defenseman) and Drysdale looks more like an offensive Defenseman. So I think picking Chesley might be the best option.

But 16 (or probably lower come Draft day) is a bit high. Maybe he'll be available with a 1st from a potential Lindholm trade. Fingers crossed
Lenny7 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 3:39 p.m.
Quoting: KadenM_R
Damn bro you know a lot about prospects. Good Stuff. Could I have your explanation for Perevalov?

I really enjoy watching Alex Perevalov. I have him asked at #30 on my board. He's a good playmaker and possesses good hands. He's a good size at 6-0 but already 190 pounds, which is nice. You can tell by the way he plays that he's physically matured as well, he doesn't necessarily bully people on the ice but he's a strong forechecker and isn't afraid to get hit. His shot is also above average but it could still be worked on a little, especially the accuracy, it's a little inconsistent. He's a tad on the slow side which is why he's not in my first round on this mock, and he tends to find himself in the penalty box for stupid stick infractions. He's also not bad on defense, but only when he gives an effort toward defense, which is like maybe 2/3 of the time. Overall, the Habs snag a first round talent if they can smooth out the edges of his game a little bit.
KadenM_R liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 3:42 p.m.
Lenny7

Into it. I mean, everything changes if we add another 1st or 2...Chesley becomes less of a reach in the 20's, and you can go in another direction earlier.
BruinsFan35 and TZ11 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 3:43 p.m.
But 16 (or probably lower come Draft day) is a bit high. Maybe he'll be available with a 1st from a potential Lindholm trade. Fingers crossed

Yeah 16 is certainly high for Ryan Chesley. I think overall skill wise, Ty Nelson is the better prospect. But, you raise a good point that the Ducks could use a nice defensive defenseman behind Drysdale. Noah Warren is my #106 at the moment, but could be worth the third round pick? Big defensive defenseman that I think could be as good as a low-end second pair d-man. Could be worth a look. And you get to keep one of my favorite players in the draft in McGroarty.
TZ11 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 3:45 p.m.
Great draft! I might not agree on everything, but your expertise stays unmatched on this site. I'll look into everything more deeply later.

It seems like you're not high on McTavish (I disagree) but I can understand going BPA.

Yeah I'm just not sold on McTavish. It's less about him and more about the 2021 class as a whole. I just found it extremely underwhelming and while there are some good players that I enjoy watching (Power, Lysell, Eklund, Johnson) I just wasn't overly thrilled with the class. Which is why I waited until last minute to post my draft board from last year, and why it looks so half-assed. It was.
TZ11 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 3:58 p.m.
Yeah 16 is certainly high for Ryan Chesley. I think overall skill wise, Ty Nelson is the better prospect. But, you raise a good point that the Ducks could use a nice defensive defenseman behind Drysdale. Noah Warren is my #106 at the moment, but could be worth the third round pick? Big defensive defenseman that I think could be as good as a low-end second pair d-man. Could be worth a look. And you get to keep one of my favorite players in the draft in McGroarty.

Very, very high on Warren. Have him in the 60's I believe. He'd be a great pick in the 3rd.
BruinsFan35 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2022 at 3:59 p.m.
Yeah I'm just not sold on McTavish. It's less about him and more about the 2021 class as a whole. I just found it extremely underwhelming and while there are some good players that I enjoy watching (Power, Lysell, Eklund, Johnson) I just wasn't overly thrilled with the class. Which is why I waited until last minute to post my draft board from last year, and why it looks so half-assed. It was.

Understandable. Have watched McTavish quite a bit this season and as of now, I'm sold. Really like what I saw.
BruinsFan35 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll