SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #10 - Kadri oh Kadri, wherefore art thou Kadri?

Jul. 31, 2022 at 4:36 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: Db1899
I just believe he’s market value is above his on ice impact because he has a great reputation. Isles would have to take a contract back (in the 2-3 mill range) but it’s possible

Off the top of my head, best I can imagine is Calgary or Colorado (ironically the losers in the Kadri sweepstakes) in exchange for a Dube or Compher respectively. Everyone else that would have use for a middle-six center and likely a playoff team is properly capped out.
Jul. 31, 2022 at 4:45 p.m.
Farewell
I hope Kadri has a similar experience as Ryan Oreilly in Buffalo

Db1899 and AndrewLadd right now:

crying-rain.gif
justaBoss, Juiceman, zk97 and 4 others liked this.
Jul. 31, 2022 at 4:49 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188

crying-rain.gif

So Kadri to NYI huh.

I don't get it, they didn't need centers.

I wonder if Nelson becomes a winger then.
Jul. 31, 2022 at 4:50 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Honestly it can be a great move for NYI, depending on the term.
Jul. 31, 2022 at 4:50 p.m.
Farewell
Quoting: justaBoss
So Kadri to NYI huh.

I don't get it, they didn't need centers.

I wonder if Nelson becomes a winger then.

Nelson's not built for the wing. One of he or Pageau is going to be on his way out.
Jul. 31, 2022 at 4:51 p.m.
Farewell
Quoting: SevenLeg
Honestly it can be a great move for NYI, depending on the term.

I agree in the sense that if it's only for one year it means they can tank for Bedard and not keep having to pay Kadri for years to come. smile
Db1899 liked this.
Jul. 31, 2022 at 4:51 p.m.

crying-rain.gif

Not me lol - the isles missing the playoffs will be my Stanley cup
Jul. 31, 2022 at 4:52 p.m.
retired
is there still a market for varly?
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Farewell
Not me lol - the isles missing the playoffs is my Stanley cup

tears of joy tears of joy This is a glorious quote
Db1899 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Go leafs go
Can someone give me a tweet from someone reliable about Kadri and the isles before I take this seriously?
What in tarnation
Nelson's not built for the wing. One of he or Pageau is going to be on his way out.

I doubt it, both of them have M-NTC slapped in their contracts after all.

For cap reasons someone needs to go, cuz Dobson and Romanov are still not signed though.

Watch Lamoriello do a Bjorkstrand with Nelson. Shipped somewhere for a third cuz of an UFA signing.
Jul. 31, 2022 at 4:53 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Saskleaf
Can someone give me a tweet from someone reliable about Kadri and the isles before I take this seriously?

There's none...but seriously they Kadri to Isles seems pretty likely, as there's virtually no other realistic alternatives.
Saskleaf liked this.
Jul. 31, 2022 at 4:55 p.m.
retired
There's none...but seriously they Kadri to Isles seems pretty likely, as there's virtually no other realistic alternatives.

avs but i'd say islanders are the front runners
Jul. 31, 2022 at 4:56 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: DirtyDangle
avs but i'd say islanders are the front runners

They'd also need to dump cap...plus long-term it's hard to see it happen, given MacKinnon in theory could ask for a $14M contract...
Jul. 31, 2022 at 4:58 p.m.
retired
They'd also need to dump cap...plus long-term it's hard to see it happen, given MacKinnon in theory could ask for a $14M contract...

longterm no. they'd only be able to offer him 1 x $7ish. basically the klingberg contract.
Jul. 31, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: DirtyDangle
longterm no. they'd only be able to offer him 1 x $7ish. basically the klingberg contract.

Klingberg's made sense as his situation was similar to Hall's, having a questionable contract year. Kadri however was complete opposite...he'd need to cash in now. 7,5 long-term, closer to 10 short term.
Jul. 31, 2022 at 5:08 p.m.
Red Deer Is Superior
After reading ACGM’s I’m convinced analytics have ruined the ability of many fans to watch a hockey game. “This obscure analytic says my team should win this many games…” or “Player A has a worse GXP% per 60 than Player B”.

I am not looking to be jumped on by the analytics cheerleaders. If you are reading this and you are one I am not against analytics because they’re here to stay and every NHL team has some department now for analytics. I’m just so tired of seeing the boring and lazy arguments here and in other corners of the hockey world arguing why a player sucks or doesn’t purely off these often obscure analytics.
DirtyDangle, BuFfaLOFaN, A_Habs_fan and 2 others liked this.
Jul. 31, 2022 at 5:14 p.m.
retired
Klingberg's made sense as his situation was similar to Hall's, having a questionable contract year. Kadri however was complete opposite...he'd need to cash in now. 7,5 long-term, closer to 10 short term.

yea he's just almost out of options at this point. he painted himself in a corner.
Jul. 31, 2022 at 5:23 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: MikeKeenanHatesMe
After reading ACGM’s I’m convinced analytics have ruined the ability of many fans to watch a hockey game. “This obscure analytic says my team should win this many games…” or “Player A has a worse GXP% per 60 than Player B”.

I am not looking to be jumped on by the analytics cheerleaders. If you are reading this and you are one I am not against analytics because they’re here to stay and every NHL team has some department now for analytics. I’m just so tired of seeing the boring and lazy arguments here and in other corners of the hockey world arguing why a player sucks or doesn’t purely off these often obscure analytics.

The use of analytics isn't drastically different than simply using counting stats like points to judge how effective a player is. I agree they shouldn't be the only tool used but they offer a lot of context for many of the blanks that we as fans don't have the means to fill in ourselves.

Please note that I'm not calling you out: does your frustration stem from not knowing what those stats mean? Or from other users posting them without the necessary context, merely hoping that providing numbers will win them the argument at hand? I've personally found myself getting lost in a lot of the acronyms. Something that didn't alleviate itself until I had more of a baseline understanding of what the analytics actually meant. Part of why I ask is I'm considering developing a resource to be hosted here on CapFriendly that can help translate some of those fancy stats.
zk97, EsoYeezus69 and Tintin liked this.
Jul. 31, 2022 at 5:31 p.m.
Farewell
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
The use of analytics isn't drastically different than simply using counting stats like points to judge how effective a player is. I agree they shouldn't be the only tool used but they offer a lot of context for many of the blanks that we as fans don't have the means to fill in ourselves.

Please note that I'm not calling you out: does your frustration stem from not knowing what those stats mean? Or from other users posting them without the necessary context, merely hoping that providing numbers will win them the argument at hand? I've personally found myself getting lost in a lot of the acronyms. Something that didn't alleviate itself until I had more of a baseline understanding of what the analytics actually meant. Part of why I ask is I'm considering developing a resource to be hosted here on CapFriendly that can help translate some of those fancy stats.

This would be absolutely terrific. I've mainly relied upon reading Rob Vollman and the like for understanding of how these stats work. Some of them I find to just be plain stupid even once I understand them, but there's no doubt in my mind that the majority of these advanced stats improve one's knowledge and understanding of the game, in addition to making one better at predicting what might happen next season.
Db1899 liked this.
Jul. 31, 2022 at 5:43 p.m.
Red Deer Is Superior
Quoting: BeterChiarelli

It’s the later for me. I know which analytics I care to consider and which are beyond stupid to me (WAR for example is something that I find hilariously ridiculous. There’s no way to know how many wins a player is responsible for). Having some sort of resource here would be a great idea.
Jul. 31, 2022 at 5:48 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Even with the Klingberg signing Anaheim should sign Kadri to a 1 year x 8mill deal

Then at the 2023 TDL trade Klingberg and Kadri for a massive haul so that in the 2023 draft they will be set.
BeterChiarelli and zk97 liked this.
Jul. 31, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
retired
Quoting: aadoyle
Even with the Klingberg signing Anaheim should sign Kadri to a 1 year x 8mill deal

Then at the 2023 TDL trade Klingberg and Kadri for a massive haul so that in the 2023 draft they will be set.

kadri allegedly ruled out teams that weren't contenders.
Jul. 31, 2022 at 6:09 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
I hope Kadri has a similar experience as Ryan Oreilly in Buffalo

I don’t understand why everyone is taking this as true
Db1899 and Saskleaf liked this.
Jul. 31, 2022 at 6:10 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
I doubt it, both of them have M-NTC slapped in their contracts after all.

For cap reasons someone needs to go, cuz Dobson and Romanov are still not signed though.

Watch Lamoriello do a Bjorkstrand with Nelson. Shipped somewhere for a third cuz of an UFA signing.

I’d probably cry
justaBoss liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll