SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

Aug. 13, 2021 at 5:11 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: Dzinger18
Bring his buddy David Ayres along for the ride.

Almost all of the Canes legends either came from Toronto or went to Toronto. Ayres, Marleau, Bernier, Galchenyuk and Bracco just to name a few.
Zinger and Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 5:13 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
I don't understand the fit of Zadorov in CGY, cause they already have their big, physical, shutdown d-man in Tanev.

IMO their offseason has been a little disappointing, cause Coleman brings nothing that Tkachuk doesn't bring and they still lack that true top 6 right handed right winger they've lacked for a few seasons now.

But hey, their coach is a dinosaur sooooooooo
Kotkaniemi15, TheFlamingC, EsoYeezus69 and 4 others liked this.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 5:17 p.m.
Quoting: SevenLeg
Honestly he should move on from the NHL lol

I agree, Marleau was cooked last year lol
Aug. 13, 2021 at 5:19 p.m.
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
I think I'm done with AGM. It's been a good ride, but it's gotten to a point where I almost don't recognize any name I see posting teams and the quality of the users there has been noticeably declining for months now.

I'll still be posting my good old «how good is this» teams here and btw, I'd like to have answers, earlier on today I posted one here and no one answered. I'd like a bit of feedback if it's not too much to ask for smile

I'll still be posting trade ideas but it'll be here. Done wasting time with AGM.

Forums go brrrrrrrrr

Yeah, as a new user you check AGM’s a bunch and then the signings and trades forums but the more you stay, The more you shift towards the forums and like minded people
EsoYeezus69, KakkoForMauriceRichardAward, Devil and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 5:20 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I don't understand the fit of Zadorov in CGY, cause they already have their big, physical, shutdown d-man in Tanev.

IMO their offseason has been a little disappointing, cause Coleman brings nothing that Tkachuk doesn't bring and they still lack that true top 6 right handed right winger they've lacked for a few seasons now.

I mean no matter what Calgary did they’d be doomed to fail. This core isn’t good enough to win, but they have a GM who has no choice to try to win now since he’s nearing the end of his rope and he hired a coach who’s terrible for development.

The Flames are doomed to be in the middle of the standings until they fire Sutter, Treliving, or both and the team is allowed to rebuild.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 5:21 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain

I think they just brought him to ease Valimaki in, and the price was relatively low. He's also versatile, able to play on both sides. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a one-year deal that leads him to UFA right away.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 5:21 p.m.

Completely disappointing. Everybody said I was overreacting in 2019 but I was right. The players were at their highest values and they’d proven beyond a shadow of a doubt they were useless to the organization for the future. Yet here we are, entering 2022 having accomplished nothing, with no assets worth anything. Our best shot was to just tank for Wright and Bedard but they’ve ended up in a position where Treliving is making moves with his job in mind, rather than the team. When Johnny and Mony are gone so is he and he knows it
Aug. 13, 2021 at 5:27 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Completely disappointing. Everybody said I was overreacting in 2019 but I was right. The players were at their highest values and they’d proven beyond a shadow of a doubt they were useless to the organization for the future. Yet here we are, entering 2022 having accomplished nothing, with no assets worth anything. Our best shot was to just tank for Wright and Bedard but they’ve ended up in a position where Treliving is making moves with his job in mind, rather than the team. When Johnny and Mony are gone so is he and he knows it

Ik. I've been on the trade Monahan and Gaudreau train for 2 years now despite not being a Flames fan. And most Flames fans called be dumb and said I didn't know their team. Well, then let me tell you that Trelieving doesn't either lol. This core has failed for 1/2 decade now and it's not getting better.
TheFlamingC liked this.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 5:32 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Aug. 13, 2021 at 5:59 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
Yeah Its Evgeny

Was just making people think wait Winnipeg OS Svechnikov when did this happen lul

pranks be fun lul

Anyways he should fit well in Winnipeg and given a chance I think he will thrive as a third liner on that team

Not Funny 🙃
Aug. 13, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
Lol it took Capfriendly two tweets to note all the moves made by the Hurricanes

Thank you for posting this, I’m gonna go cry into my pillow now
A_Habs_fan, SevenLeg, Kotkaniemi15 and 3 others liked this.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 6:24 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Canesfan21_
Thank you for posting this, I’m gonna go cry into my pillow now

Hey, at least you got Ethan Bear. He’s a good player and a great guy.
Zinger, Canesfan21_, Saskleaf and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 7:15 p.m.
torontos finest
I think I'm done with AGM. It's been a good ride, but it's gotten to a point where I almost don't recognize any name I see posting teams and the quality of the users there has been noticeably declining for months now.

I'll still be posting my good old «how good is this» teams here and btw, I'd like to have answers, earlier on today I posted one here and no one answered. I'd like a bit of feedback if it's not too much to ask for smile

I'll still be posting trade ideas but it'll be here. Done wasting time with AGM.

Forums go brrrrrrrrr

Someone called themselves the "Hockey Joker" in ACGM yesterday so I'm pretty sure that forum has peaked. No one will ever write something that funny ever again there.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 7:15 p.m.

Zadorov is actually a decent fit in Calgary because he’s capable of starting the year at 2LD with Tanev or Andersson (Hanifin will be our #1 D with one of those two, still not sure whether they keep him with Tanev for the chemistry and just up the minutes or keep Andersson on the top pair) but isn’t so good that he prevents a major road block to Valimaki, who should take over that spot at some point this season. At that point it’s great to have a guy who can slide down to playing 3RD alongside Mackey and fill the #5 D spot (a place I like Zadorov a lot more, but Valimaki shouldn’t be rushed to too many minutes too quickly, I fully expect him to earn them though). Also being physical is nice, he at least makes the team tougher to play against. Tanev isn’t really physical (~0.6 hits/game, iirc Zad was around 3.5), he just blocks a lot of shots and is extremely good at breaking up plays and stuff. Zadorov isn’t as good as Tanev but he still blocks a lot of shots and hits way more.

It would be better if Coleman shot right, but he’s still a guy Sutter will love (good at everything, physical, defensively responsible, drives offense, etc.) and he can play RW. I think a right shot top 6 forward is a huge need for the Flames as well, but Tkachuk, Mangiapane, Dube, and Coleman are all lefties that have shown they can play top 9 RW minutes. It’s basically injecting 20 goals into last year’s lineup, and pushing everyone to a better hole in the lineup. To ice a reasonably effective 3rd line last year we had to force Johnny and Mony to drag around a completely ineffective sack of lard for most of the year (Leivo, Simon, Nordstrom, Bennett, Ritchie, etc.). Sticking Coleman on that RW would be a near-perfect fit (his style is everything Johnny needs, if only he shot right lol), or it gives us the freedom to keep the Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk line together (very effective offensively to end last year, could be a 100 goal line) and ice an extremely potent second line in Mangiapane-Monahan-Coleman that is a pain to match up against (that line could easily score 75 goals). It’s important to note this pushes one of Lucic or Pitlick down to the 4th line (assuming Backlund and Dube are top 9 locks) which helps our depth scoring, which was completely non-existent last year. Getting like 10-15 goals from one of those guys on the 4th line would be huge. I’m also still holding out hope we get Eichel eventually lol
SevenLeg and MitchMarner_16 liked this.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 7:23 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Most overrated on each team imo :

ANA - J. Manson
ARI - C. Dvorak/P. Kessel
BOS - B. Carlo/C. Coyle
BUF - V. Olofsson
CGY - B. Coleman
CAR - B. Skjei
CHI - No one comes to mind
COL - No one comes to mind
CBJ - J. Korpisalo
DAL - T. Seguin/E. Lindell/R. Faksa
DET - D. Larkin
EDM - D. Nurse
FLA - B. Montour
LAK - M. Roy
MIN - J. Greenway
MTL - C. Price
NSH - D. Fabbro
NJD - R. Graves
NYI - No one comes to mind
NYR - B. Goodrow
OTT - C. Tierney
PHI - K. Hayes
PIT - B. McGinn
SJS - K. Labanc
SEA - V. Dunn/Y. Gourde/J. Oleksiak
STL - B. Schenn
TBL - A. Cirelli
TOR - N. Ritchie
VAN - Q. Hughes
VGK - R. Lehner
WSH - E. Kuznetsov
WPG - B. Wheeler/J. Morrissey
EsoYeezus69 and MitchMarner_16 liked this.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 7:27 p.m.
Bedard23

ANA - J. Manson
BOS - B. Carlo/C. Coyle
BUF - V. Olofsson
CGY - B. Coleman
CAR - B. Skjei
CBJ - J. Korpisalo
DET - D. Larkin
EDM - D. Nurse
FLA - B. Montour
LAK - M. Roy
MIN - J. Greenway
MTL - C. Price
NSH - D. Fabbro
NJD - R. Graves
NYR - B. Goodrow
OTT - C. Tierney
PHI - K. Hayes
PIT - B. McGinn
SJS - K. Labanc
STL - B. Schenn
TBL - A. Cirelli
TOR - N. Ritchie
VAN - Q. Hughes
VGK - R. Lehner
WSH - E. Kuznetsov

So the Blackhawks aren’t a team anymore?
Aug. 13, 2021 at 7:28 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: IconicHawk
So the Blackhawks aren’t a team anymore?

Oops, I'll edit it.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 7:28 p.m.
Farewell
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
I mean no matter what Calgary did they’d be doomed to fail. This core isn’t good enough to win, but they have a GM who has no choice to try to win now since he’s nearing the end of his rope and he hired a coach who’s terrible for development.

The Flames are doomed to be in the middle of the standings until they fire Sutter, Treliving, or both and the team is allowed to rebuild.

Am I the only one who thinks Markstrom is going to have a return to form this year, the stacked top 6 (or even top 9 at this point) finally puts it together, and Calgary finishes 2nd in the Pacific?
Aug. 13, 2021 at 7:31 p.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: ConservativeLightningFan91
Am I the only one who thinks Markstrom is going to have a return to form this year, the stacked top 6 (or even top 9 at this point) finally puts it together, and Calgary finishes 2nd in the Pacific?

Honestly the nhl should just do top 4 in each division qualify
Aug. 13, 2021 at 7:41 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Aug. 13, 2021 at 7:48 p.m.
Saw a list on NHL twitter and man whoever made it really has no idea how to rank goaltending tandems

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-fantasy-hockey-goaltender-depth-chart-starters-backups-2021-22/c-299493146?tid=277729150

NJ fans should be especially mad at the rankings along with future Seattle fans and NYR fans

WARNING: THIS LIST WILL BURN YOUR EYES
EsoYeezus69 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 7:41 p.m.
Jinx god

ANA - J. Manson
BOS - B. Carlo/C. Coyle
BUF - V. Olofsson
CGY - B. Coleman
CAR - B. Skjei
CHI - No one comes to mind
CBJ - J. Korpisalo
DET - D. Larkin
EDM - D. Nurse
FLA - B. Montour
LAK - M. Roy
MIN - J. Greenway
MTL - C. Price
NSH - D. Fabbro
NJD - R. Graves
NYR - B. Goodrow
OTT - C. Tierney
PHI - K. Hayes
PIT - B. McGinn
SJS - K. Labanc
STL - B. Schenn
TBL - A. Cirelli
TOR - N. Ritchie
VAN - Q. Hughes
VGK - R. Lehner
WSH - E. Kuznetsov

Remove Seguin and I 100% agree. Both Lindell and Faksa aren’t that good as some picture them to be and will cause cap troubles in the future, at least Faksa is movable because they handed a f*cking NMC to Esa Lindell out of all players.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 7:42 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Remove Seguin and I 100% agree. Both Lindell and Faksa aren’t that good as some picture them to be and will cause cap troubles in the future, at least Faksa is movable because they handed a f*cking NMC to Esa Lindell out of all players.

Meh I've never been a huge fan of Seguin. I've always thought he was super overrated.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 7:44 p.m.
Jinx god
Meh I've never been a huge fan of Seguin. I've always thought he was super overrated.

Tbh right now he’s kind of forgotten and irrelevant, he’s quite not talked about currently. If Bones plays him on the wing I can see him regaining his offensive dynamo.
Zinger and Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 7:46 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: aadoyle
Saw a list on NHL twitter and man whoever made it has a death sentence wished upon him lul

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-fantasy-hockey-goaltender-depth-chart-starters-backups-2021-22/c-299493146?tid=277729150

NJ fans should be especially mad at the rankings along with future Seattle fans and NYR fans

My eyes are burning

Also all of those terrible defensive rankings lists on Instagram are literally 15 million times worse. I’ve seen quite literally every defensemen ranked over Heiskanen on numerous lists, the only person left at this point is Blake F*cking Comeau.

IMO Heiskanen is a top 5 defensemen in the league (maybe a little bit bias, but I have my reasonings), not like 153th behind someone like Radko Gudas.
aadoyle, Saskleaf and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Aug. 13, 2021 at 7:49 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
My eyes are burning

Also all of those terrible defensive rankings lists on Instagram are literally 15 million times worse. I’ve seen quite literally every defensemen ranked over Heiskanen on numerous lists, the only person left at this point is Blake F*cking Comeau.

Should have left a warning sign lul. Like honestly this list looks like the guy picked the teams out of a hat besides the Isles and Coyotes
EsoYeezus69 and Saskleaf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll