SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021/22 NHL Season Discussion thread

Sep. 29, 2021 at 7:53 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: SevenLeg
The same applies for the Vaccine. Why force it to everyone when it was developed in only a year. Human body has been dealing with bacterias and viruses for thousands of years.

-Tyler Bertuzzi's agent

In all serious though, most vaccines take longer than a year to develop for safety reasons.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 7:58 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: Saskleaf
In all serious though, most vaccines take longer than a year to develop for safety reasons.

I don’t think people really wanted to wait years for a vaccine though. As technology develops, things are ought to be developed quicker
Saskleaf, PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person liked this.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 8:06 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: Juiceman
I don’t think people really wanted to wait years for a vaccine though. As technology develops, things are ought to be developed quicker

Some people don't want to wait, anyways.
Juiceman liked this.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 8:22 p.m.
Farewell
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
During the regular season, Edmundson was Montréal’s 2nd best defenseman last year. He’s a good player and a lot more mobile than Weber or Chiarot.

Absolutely-he was terrific for most of the year. I say most, because, well you know, this (WARNING: DO NOT WATCH IF YOU ARE A HABS FAN tears of joy):
Sep. 29, 2021 at 8:25 p.m.
torontos finest
Hmm... ok

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that's a good thing to do to someone, but I think people are overreacting.

I think this sums it up well. He could have done it to white person too.

Maybe there's more to the story though. Like I said not encouraging this or anything.

Implying black people are monkeys is a fairly common racial gesture. It has it's roots in phrenology ("""the science""" of measuring peoples skulls).

It's literally happened to Wayne Simmonds before. Twice.

There isn't much more to this story; regardless of whatever happened on the ice before, Denyskin was making an obvious racial gesture at Smereck. You can easily discourage this by making punishments harsh.
Saskleaf, A_Habs_fan, Rangsey and 2 others liked this.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 8:25 p.m.
Farewell
Holy smokes-I'm off here for two days, come back and the thread has almost doubled in size (from 14 pages to 26). Just wait until the regular season starts...
MitchMarner_16 liked this.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 8:27 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: mondo
Implying black people are monkeys is a fairly common racial gesture. It has it's roots in phrenology ("""the science""" of measuring peoples skulls).

It's literally happened to Wayne Simmonds before. Twice.

There isn't much more to this story; regardless of whatever happened on the ice before, Denyskin was making an obvious racial gesture at Smereck. You can easily discourage this by making punishments harsh.

Ok, well like I said I was probably missing something. Thank you for clearing it up.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 8:28 p.m.
Go leafs go
I had a small panic attack when I saw number 52 for Toronto. I was thrilled when it was Josh Ho-Sang.
GarthBrooks liked this.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 8:30 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
What is going on in the caps game isn’t it just preseason
Sep. 29, 2021 at 8:35 p.m.
Bedard23
BLACKHAWKS HOCKEY IS BACK BABY
MitchMarner_16 liked this.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 8:44 p.m.
Quoting: ConservativeLightningFan91
Holy smokes-I'm off here for two days, come back and the thread has almost doubled in size (from 14 pages to 26). Just wait until the regular season starts...

That’s what happens when a player in a European league does a racist gesture and preseason starts
Sep. 29, 2021 at 8:46 p.m.
Farewell
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
That’s what happens when a player in a European league does a racist gesture and preseason starts

Yes, but both had already happened before Tuesday. I guess not every preseason team had played their first game though.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 9:07 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: capsfan2121
What is going on in the caps game isn’t it just preseason

Pretty entertaining game
Carlson is playing really well
capsfan2121 liked this.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 9:15 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Gio just scored on the flames in his first game technically against them.
Devil liked this.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 9:35 p.m.
Jinx god
I was just going to insult my Stars when I realized they scored 3 straight goals and now they’re winning. It’s weird how they always start trailing and somehow take the lead.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 9:40 p.m.
Jinx god
Edited Sep. 29, 2021 at 9:58 p.m.
I will take the chance to admit that I was very very wrong on Wyatt Johnston.

From what I’ve seen him do on our team the kid is probably our best prospect even over guys like Bourque and Harley. I really see him becoming what Tyler Seguin is and maybe even better.

If anyone can link me our discussion during the draft it would be greatly appreciated.
SevenLeg liked this.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 9:40 p.m.
MichealBunting hat trick, so he’s playing in the top 6 right?
EsoYeezus69, Devil, aadoyle and 3 others liked this.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 9:47 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

I dont see why not

Now is it gonna be with Matthews or Tavares. To me it should be Matthews but meh if its with Tavares that also works
Saskleaf liked this.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 9:50 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Ho-Sang better get a contract is all I can say after watching him these past 2 games.

Love the energy he brings
Saskleaf liked this.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 9:55 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
Ho-Sang better get a contract is all I can say after watching him these past 2 games.

Love the energy he brings

Young players can be good when they aren’t in a system that favorises older players, whatttt?
aadoyle, Saskleaf and capsfan2121 liked this.
Sep. 29, 2021 at 11:00 p.m.
Go leafs go

Ya, I didn't see the whole game (I had volleyball practice) but he looked excellent when I saw him, and, well, he got a hat trick.

I thought he was being over hyped when people talked about him potentially breaking out into a top 6 player but he's proving me wrong (and I'm happy to be proven wrong awesome face ).
capsfan2121 liked this.
Sep. 30, 2021 at 7:02 a.m.
Ban Price trades
Edited Sep. 30, 2021 at 7:08 a.m.
Quoting: capsfan2121
What is this website like during the trade deadline

The moderation team essentially takes three days off every season:

- trade deadline
- the draft
- the first day of free agency

Insanity is an understatement.

mRNA vaccines have been in development for 30 years. Expecting immunologists to take more than a few weeks to isolate the key proteins in Covid when every research lab was given a blank cheque to do so isn't rational: these are very smart and very capable people. The vast majority of their development time was dedicated to efficacy and testing, what more do you require?

Everyone should get the vaccine. There isn't an argument based in fact against vaccination. That'll be the last of this topic for a while, I seem to recall we all vowed to not make this thread political in the last one anyways.
BuFfaLOFaN, EsoYeezus69, yikes and 5 others liked this.
Sep. 30, 2021 at 7:20 a.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: BeterChiarelli

- trade deadline
- the draft

mRNA vaccines have been in development for 30 years. Expecting immunologists to take more than a few weeks to isolate the key proteins in Covid when every research lab was given a blank cheque to do so isn't rational: these are very smart and very capable people. The vast majority of their development time was dedicated to efficacy and testing, what more do you require?

Everyone should get the vaccine. There isn't an argument based in fact against vaccination. That'll be the last of this topic for a while, I seem to recall we all vowed to not make this thread political in the last one anyways.

Yes, and I’ll start that trend.

F Blake Comeau, F Andrew Cogliano, F Tanner Kero, F all of our stupid grit grinders, and praise the lord and saviour Wyatt Johnston.
Sep. 30, 2021 at 9:06 a.m.

- trade deadline
- the draft

ppl have short memories haha

that one post asking to keep this thread pure was my most liked of all time so ig people rly just want to talk hockey not politics lol

i know i wanna talk hockey not politics
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf and 2 others liked this.
Sep. 30, 2021 at 9:07 a.m.

- trade deadline
- the draft

quick question about the mods. How many of there are you and how do you divide up responsibility? Does one dude tackle acgm and another tackle forums etc etc

and do you acc only get 3 days off every year????????
capsfan2121 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll